Am I a coward or a wise(r) man?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Poll: Am I a coward or a wise(r) man? (55 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Am I a coward or a wise(r) man?

1. This is cowardice, you must be more active to become a better player (37 votes [67.27%])

Percentage of vote: 67.27%

2. This is how wisdom begins in WOT, stay back and stay alive at any cost (18 votes [32.73%])

Percentage of vote: 32.73%

Vote Hide poll

qpranger #1 Posted 27 November 2017 - 01:46 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 30715 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I find myself sitting back more and more. Watching with a mixture of hope and dread how my team deploys, not keen to go up front at once, basically camping and waiting to see where the wind blows, where I can be more useful. I feel less and less compassion towards my team mates who are in trouble. I just view them as instruments of victory or bringers of defeat. My stats are very slowly improving but I am not sure if it is because of such (excessive) caution or despite it.

Kozzy #2 Posted 27 November 2017 - 01:56 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 38512 battles
  • [EAB2] EAB2
Why do you even bother with all that?  WG has rigged the game anyway so nothing you do will have any impact... apparently.

malachi6 #3 Posted 27 November 2017 - 01:57 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 48609 battles
Can you put the words wise and qpranger into the same sentence without cause a deep disturbance in the force?

commer #4 Posted 27 November 2017 - 01:58 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38080 battles

View Postqpranger, on 27 November 2017 - 01:46 PM, said:

I find myself sitting back more and more. Watching with a mixture of hope and dread how my team deploys, not keen to go up front at once, basically camping and waiting to see where the wind blows, where I can be more useful. I feel less and less compassion towards my team mates who are in trouble. I just view them as instruments of victory or bringers of defeat. My stats are very slowly improving but I am not sure if it is because of such (excessive) caution or despite it.

Why are you camping? It takes 10-15s to see where your team will go. Look at the enemy composition and you will see where their team is strongest. This will allow you to predict where they will go. If you see your team has an advantage on a certain flank go there and help that flank win faster. There are a few exceptions as always as when your tank is very unsuited for their flank and you have a chance to be usefull on the weaker flank AND NOT DIE in 3 minutes. 

HM_Kaiser #5 Posted 27 November 2017 - 02:00 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 24972 battles
(playing a lot of lights and paper tanks) I'm doing that more and more, because if I take too aggressive positions, I tend to die too quickly. In my play style, I prefer be very cautious until mid/late game where my preserved hitpoints make the difference.

Eaglax #6 Posted 27 November 2017 - 02:01 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18973 battles
just out of interest, do you still consider sixth sense a cheat, and don't use it because of that?

ZlatanArKung #7 Posted 27 November 2017 - 02:13 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles

Don't you know?

Every team mate in WoT exist only as an instrument for you to use in your goal to get higher wn8.

Definitely thought more of you :(

Edited by ZlatanArKung, 27 November 2017 - 02:14 PM.

Rati_Festa #8 Posted 27 November 2017 - 02:16 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 40173 battles

If you have xvm switched on, I'd suggest you just follow the best player in your team in the same class vehicle as you and learn what they do. Sitting at the back whimpering/hiding isn't good for you long term or your team short term.

Die like a man ( hamster ) in the frontline.

Edited by Rati_Festa, 27 November 2017 - 02:16 PM.

qpranger #9 Posted 27 November 2017 - 02:22 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 30715 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostEaglax, on 27 November 2017 - 03:01 PM, said:

just out of interest, do you still consider sixth sense a cheat, and don't use it because of that?

Naturally. I have high horse ... moral standards and I adhere to them.

SaintMaddenus #10 Posted 27 November 2017 - 02:40 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33152 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Is it just your stats or your win rate as well?    If it's just stats well we know that camping can boost stats.  If you win rate is improving too then good for you.

cragarion #11 Posted 27 November 2017 - 03:14 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 41791 battles

if all you care about are your stats just quit.

this is a TEAM GAME,

it's about helping your TEAM mates whether they deserve it or not and doing stuff to help your team whether or not it damages your stats,

it's a GAME it's about having fun not worrying all the time about your stats that mean nothing anyway, your stats don't effect your game they don't effect your MM you don't get extra stuff if you have better stats.

Anxter_ #12 Posted 27 November 2017 - 03:17 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 26571 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postcragarion, on 27 November 2017 - 02:14 PM, said:

if all you care about are your stats just quit.

this is a TEAM GAME,

it's about helping your TEAM mates whether they deserve it or not and doing stuff to help your team whether or not it damages your stats,

it's a GAME it's about having fun not worrying all the time about your stats that mean nothing anyway, your stats don't effect your game they don't effect your MM you don't get extra stuff if you have better stats.

Being a benefit to the team and playing for stats aren't mutually exclusive.

Playing for stats and having fun aren't necessarily mutually exclusive.

Hence, your post is void.

DuncaN_101 #13 Posted 27 November 2017 - 03:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 51861 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
Neither...

You are a hamster

qpranger #14 Posted 27 November 2017 - 03:21 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 30715 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

The only stat I really care about is win rate. I want to win more.

Each my (in)action is subordinated to this desire. 

I never camp THROUGHOUT the match. 

I am just forcing myself to wait for a decisive moment. 

Because I have a tendency to rush things and that rarely helps my team to win. 

iztok #15 Posted 27 November 2017 - 03:31 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 35163 battles
I miss the third option between those stated.

commer #16 Posted 27 November 2017 - 03:32 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38080 battles

View Postqpranger, on 27 November 2017 - 03:21 PM, said:

Then don't rush but be in the right spot. If you are not shooting or blocking damage or spotting for a long period of time you are hurting your team.

Bordhaw #17 Posted 27 November 2017 - 03:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9573 battles

View Postqpranger, on 27 November 2017 - 12:46 PM, said:

I guess it depends if you have the skill, inclination or interest to carry a shite team. 

If there's a left side lemming train and you go right side...then yeah stay back and stay alive. 

250swb #18 Posted 27 November 2017 - 05:19 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 20788 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postqpranger, on 27 November 2017 - 02:21 PM, said:

Caution isn't a bad thing if it means always checking the map and having a breather to take stock, but it shouldn't become an aversion to planning and committing to an aggressive move.

Whenever I get a new tank or play a tier higher than I normally would I play a bit more passively, just until the rhythm of the play and the tank becomes familiar. The test server is great for going yolo and just seeing 'what happens if.....', and keep sharp with some good low tier tanks to have those 'Mittengard moments' where aggression and speed of thought is absolutely necessary.

Like you I don't care a lot about WN8, but I want my WR to creep up (I wish it would rocket up), so I use these sorts of diversionary tactics to not get into a rut. I suppose saying that could be taken as ironic given I like playing turretless TD's, but I'm always disappointed with myself if I haven't pushed the envelope of my limited skill.

Edited by 250swb, 27 November 2017 - 05:21 PM.

Erwin_Von_Braun #19 Posted 27 November 2017 - 07:56 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 36096 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postqpranger, on 27 November 2017 - 12:46 PM, said:

It's a sign, I'm afraid, of advancing years:(

Junglist_ #20 Posted 27 November 2017 - 10:40 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35132 battles

View Postqpranger, on 27 November 2017 - 02:21 PM, said:

But I thought you enjoy losing and dragging your team down by deliberately ignoring certain game mechanics?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users