new campaign

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Haikonnen #1 Posted 27 November 2017 - 09:11 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25691 battles

Hi,

just out of curiosity... are there any news about a possible new personnal campaign(s) and new reward tanks?

It's not like I have the current ones finished.... I don't have t-55 yet nor the Obj. 260 or how is it called.

But I am just curious.

Balc0ra #2 Posted 27 November 2017 - 09:17 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66235 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
Nope. Nothing. They talked about a new campaign in the works on tank fest. But shared no details on when or what nations the reward tanks will be in. Tbh, they have not even perfected the first one. It's getting better. But still.

Bala79 #3 Posted 04 December 2017 - 05:59 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30886 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

I hope not before they fix the 1st campaign!

I'm a 56% winratio guy with 2.000WN8 so i consider myself as an above average player, but this missions are very badly made. A 10y old kid could do a better job in the campaign objectives.

Right now my struggle is:

- LT-15.3 - Too many scouts arround sharing my spots

- MT-15.3 - Why can't i just make 4K damage instead of 2.5K to TDs? TDs are the last thing mediums should target. Scouts to defend arty, Heavys that get in their way or isolated, Artys as target of opportunity, and only then get those TD campers as a team.

- HT-7.3 - 3K damage then cap/or defend? When i do 3K damage, in a tier 7-8 it's already over! EIther my team lost or my team is finishing the last ones. The cap usually happens when its a ruflestomp game that ends in 2-3 munutes and where you can't even have time to deal any damage. The funny thing is that to do the next mission (8) that is supposed to be as hard as the one before, you JUST need to do the 3K damage!

-TD-15.3 - The streamers i see in the youtube doing the 8K damage for the 15.4 are unicums with a platoon of Unicums working for them! 6K in a TD is not easy either! Is this a Personal Mission or "when you become Unicum and get Unicum friends" mission?

-SPG-15.3 - You can't use a tier X arty as their XP got nerfed and you can carry the whole game with some pathetic 500-700XP, and the lower tier artys face a very low health pool and silly team mates that refuse to shoot everything you stun. The mission should be 2.5K damage on stun and 2.5K damage with the "place yourself 1st as the complete with honours", with the 15.4 being 3K each.

From what i understand the guys who got the Obj260 are either Unicums, done most of the missions before the last patches, got helped by clan mates or cheated.

Edited by Bala79, 04 December 2017 - 07:42 PM.

Aikl #4 Posted 04 December 2017 - 06:19 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25517 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostBala79, on 04 December 2017 - 04:59 PM, said:

I'm a 56% winratio guy with 2.000WN8 so i consider myself as an above average player, but this missions are very badly made. A 10y old kid could do a better job in the campaign objectives.

(...)

- HT-7.3 - 3K damage then cap? When i do 3K damage, in a tier 7-8 it's already over! EIther my team lost or my team is finishing the last ones. The cap usually happens when its a ruflestomp game that ends in 2-3 munutes and where you can't even have time to deal any damage. The funny thing is that to do the next mission (8) that is supposed to be as hard as the one before, you need to do the 3K damage!

(...)

There are players with the 260 that have so bad stats they've either paid someone to do it (unlikely, it'd be cheaper and easier to free-XP the IS-7) or just played a lot and got very lucky.

As for HT-7-3, try dealing 3k and sit in the cap while you win. I did mine in E75 on Encounter mode - and killed the last enemy at 60-something cap points. No idea if that bug is still around, but try it.

Strappster #5 Posted 04 December 2017 - 06:32 PM

General

• Player
  • 23889 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I'm a 56% winratio guy with 2.000WN8 so i consider myself as an above average player ...

-SPG-15.3 - You can't use a tier X arty as their XP got nerfed and you can carry the whole game with some pathetic 500-700XP, and the lower tier artys face a very low health pool and silly team mates that refuse to shoot everything you stun. Make 2.5K damage on stun and 2.5K damage sould be the mission with the 15.4 being 3K each.

I don't have as good a set of numbers as you but I've completed both of those missions with honours.

LT-15.3 in the WZ-132A (tier 9 LT)

SPG-15.3 in the Lorraine 155 51 (tier 8 LT, completely stock SPG, crew at 91% as this was only the third battle)

Replays linked in case you think I cheated. :great:

Spurtung #6 Posted 04 December 2017 - 07:12 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 63543 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostBala79, on 04 December 2017 - 06:59 PM, said:

- LT-15.3 - Too many scouts arround sharing my spots Poor you, having plebs taking your spots. I feel for you, buddy.

- MT-15.3 - Why can't i just make 4K damage instead of 2.5K to TDs? TDs are the last thing mediums should target. Scouts to defend arty, Heavys that get in their way or isolated, Artys as target of opportunity, and only then get those TD campers as a team. Why not? Because WG decided not to and since it's the same for everybody else, hardly an issue.

- HT-7.3 - 3K damage then cap? When i do 3K damage, in a tier 7-8 it's already over! EIther my team lost or my team is finishing the last ones. The cap usually happens when its a ruflestomp game that ends in 2-3 munutes and where you can't even have time to deal any damage. The funny thing is that to do the next mission (8) that is supposed to be as hard as the one before, you need to do the 3K damage! And who said it had to be done in tier 7-8? Decide what tanks are best for what and go for it. 

-TD-15.3 - The streamers i see in the youtube doing the 8K damage for the 15.4 are unicums with a platoon of Unicums working for them! 6K in a TD is not easy either! Is this a Personal Mission or "when you become Unicum and get Unicum friends" mission? It's perfectly doable, obviously not on every battle or every tank or every map. You seem to fail to realize campaigns aren't sprints. Sometimes you have to wait a long time for the perfect conditions to come together (usually stupid team and stupid enemy team)

-SPG-15.3 - You can't use a tier X arty as their XP got nerfed and you can carry the whole game with some pathetic 500-700XP, and the lower tier artys face a very low health pool and silly team mates that refuse to shoot everything you stun. Make 2.5K damage on stun and 2.5K damage sould be the mission with the 15.4 being 3K each. Of course you can use a tier 10 arty, those are the ones that can stun/damage the most targets at once (particularly CGC and T92). Instead of "mimimi my team mates don't shoot what I stun", try predicting where your team is pushing so you stun the enemies ahead of them. Oh, and btw, 15.4 is 3.5k and 4k respectively, not 3k each. Sorry to burst another bubble.

View PostBala79, on 04 December 2017 - 06:59 PM, said:

From what i understand the guys who got the Obj260 are either Unicums, or got helped by clan mates or cheated.

You're a clear example of someone flashing their e-peen and thinking they should accomplish things because of it. I got the Obj. 260 on my own, and the only help I ever got was for the ones that can be completed in platoon (#13 and #14 of every class of every tank) and those often by dynamic platoons (seeing who gets frags to what and when, or noticing who is farming a lot of damage).

So, no, you didn't understand.

- I'm no unicum

- I got no help from clan mates (I infer you are implying working for your objective or even fixing a match), except for platoon missions.

- I don't cheat or even use mods.

What I do is have every regular tier 8-10 tank in the game (single exception, tier 10 Chinese TD) and choose the best tank for the job I'm trying to complete. Like, I wouldn't use the T49 for spotting missions, or the AMX 50 100 for tanking damage. Apart from all that, patience and perseverance, lots of it.

I got 16 orders (15 from first 3 tanks and another for LT 15.4), which I immediately used to get the Obj. 260 when the new features were implemented. I prepared for those before they went live, as I noticed most of the secondary objectives would become harder to complete. Anyone that checks the news would have access to the same information I did and prepare beforehand for the changes. In the meantime, since getting the Obj. 260 I completed all its missions, and therefore got its camo. I only need to complete 4 with secondary to get all my orders back and add those 4 to the 16 to be recovered, and bring on that second campaign.

So, go wave your frustrated e-peen in someone else's face.

Bala79 #7 Posted 04 December 2017 - 08:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30886 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

View PostSpurtung, on 04 December 2017 - 06:12 PM, said:

You're a clear example of someone flashing their e-peen and thinking they should accomplish things because of it.

It's ironic you accusing someone of flashing their e-peen while bragging that you got the tank that others can't and brag that you did it without being great player nor cheating.

The_Georgian_One #8 Posted 04 December 2017 - 08:56 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36417 battles
  • [KOFN] KOFN

View PostBala79, on 04 December 2017 - 08:46 PM, said:

It's ironic you accusing someone of flashing their e-peen while bragging that you got the tank that others can't and brag that you did it without being great player nor cheating.

You started it though...I'm in the same situation as Spurtung, so it's obviously doable. You just need to play for the missions and have the tanks required. Heck, I've seen enough 49ers with object I'm not surprised anymore if I see one.

Bala79 #9 Posted 04 December 2017 - 09:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30886 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

View PostStrappster, on 04 December 2017 - 05:32 PM, said:

I don't have as good a set of numbers as you but I've completed both of those missions with honours.

LT-15.3 in the WZ-132A (tier 9 LT)

SPG-15.3 in the Lorraine 155 51 (tier 8 LT, completely stock SPG, crew at 91% as this was only the third battle)

Replays linked in case you think I cheated. :great:

Ty for the replays, i did the LT-15.3, only i didn't made it with honours because of... i was the last one and carried the fkin game.

The SPG numbers are strange as you managed to get more damage in assistance than in stuns. I can't watch the replay as it is not the lastest version patch, but can you tell me how did that happened? Did you scouted, or detracked for longer periods than stun?

Bala79 #10 Posted 04 December 2017 - 09:12 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30886 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

View PostThe_Georgian_One, on 04 December 2017 - 07:56 PM, said:

You started it though...I'm in the same situation as Spurtung, so it's obviously doable. You just need to play for the missions and have the tanks required. Heck, I've seen enough 49ers with object I'm not surprised anymore if I see one.

Did you did it AFTER or BEFORE the latest Personal Mission Rework?

Somehow i dont see a 49er doing 25% of total damage in tier X game, neither i see a 49er to do 8K damage in TD.

You go to General Battle and watch how much the top damage dealer had for 100 games and show me how many TDs get the enough damage.

There is more HPs but there is also more enemys! Best players, blue and green ones get 4...5K. Orange Players get 2-3K if they are lucky.

Edited by Bala79, 04 December 2017 - 09:17 PM.

The_Georgian_One #11 Posted 04 December 2017 - 09:22 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36417 battles
  • [KOFN] KOFN
I got my object a month before the changes to personal missions.

CmdRatScabies #12 Posted 04 December 2017 - 09:26 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37598 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostBala79, on 04 December 2017 - 09:12 PM, said:

Somehow i dont see a 49er doing 25% of total damage in tier X game, neither i see a 49er to do 8K damage in TD.

That's the genius behind WoT's success - you can substitute hard work / lots of games for skill, so most can do everything eventually.

Bala79 #13 Posted 04 December 2017 - 09:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30886 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 04 December 2017 - 08:26 PM, said:

That's the genius behind WoT's success - you can substitute hard work / lots of games for skill, so most can do everything eventually.

I agree with eventually, what i don't agree is that they release the 2nd Campaign withouth giving me the chance to complete the 1st one...eventually...when all the stars align...in a year or 2.

CmdRatScabies #14 Posted 04 December 2017 - 09:50 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37598 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostBala79, on 04 December 2017 - 09:45 PM, said:

I agree with eventually, what i don't agree is that they release the 2nd Campaign withouth giving me the chance to complete the 1st one...eventually...when all the stars align...in a year or 2.

They haven't said that starting campaign 2 will require completion of campaign 1.  If it did then a lot of players would never get to it so maybe it will work alongside the first.  As far as I know they haven't given any details about how it would work or said if we can use orders from campaign 1 to skip campaign 2 missions.

Ps - I've completed the T55 set unaided & part way through the Obj260 set so it's not that difficult for you.

Edited by CmdRatScabies, 04 December 2017 - 09:52 PM.

Schepel #15 Posted 04 December 2017 - 10:13 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 59480 battles

View PostBala79, on 04 December 2017 - 05:59 PM, said:

Right now my struggle is:

- MT-15.3 - Why can't i just make 4K damage instead of 2.5K to TDs? TDs are the last thing mediums should target. Scouts to defend arty, Heavys that get in their way or isolated, Artys as target of opportunity, and only then get those TD campers as a team.

- HT-7.3 - 3K damage then cap/or defend? When i do 3K damage, in a tier 7-8 it's already over! EIther my team lost or my team is finishing the last ones. The cap usually happens when its a ruflestomp game that ends in 2-3 munutes and where you can't even have time to deal any damage. The funny thing is that to do the next mission (8) that is supposed to be as hard as the one before, you JUST need to do the 3K damage!

-TD-15.3 - The streamers i see in the youtube doing the 8K damage for the 15.4 are unicums with a platoon of Unicums working for them! 6K in a TD is not easy either! Is this a Personal Mission or "when you become Unicum and get Unicum friends" mission?

-SPG-15.3 - You can't use a tier X arty as their XP got nerfed and you can carry the whole game with some pathetic 500-700XP, and the lower tier artys face a very low health pool and silly team mates that refuse to shoot everything you stun. The mission should be 2.5K damage on stun and 2.5K damage with the "place yourself 1st as the complete with honours", with the 15.4 being 3K each.

From what i understand the guys who got the Obj260 are either Unicums, done most of the missions before the last patches, got helped by clan mates or cheated.

I got very similar stats, but managed to get the obj 260 a year ago or so. It wasn't that hard, it just took an endless amount of games because quite a few missions required *very* specific circumstances. The requirements have been dumbed down a lot lately, so honestly, if you can't get it... Look in the mirror, the problem is between the chair and the keyboard. 

Bala79 #16 Posted 04 December 2017 - 10:40 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30886 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

View PostSchepel, on 04 December 2017 - 09:13 PM, said:

I got very similar stats, but managed to get the obj 260 a year ago or so. It wasn't that hard, it just took an endless amount of games because quite a few missions required *very* specific circumstances. The requirements have been dumbed down a lot lately, so honestly, if you can't get it... Look in the mirror, the problem is between the chair and the keyboard. 

I don't wanna know how

Spurtung #17 Posted 05 December 2017 - 01:36 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 63543 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostBala79, on 04 December 2017 - 09:46 PM, said:

It's ironic that I proved you wrong and that your stats have nothing to do with it? Yeah, ironic AF :rolleyes:

Strappster #18 Posted 05 December 2017 - 01:47 AM

General

• Player
  • 23889 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostBala79, on 04 December 2017 - 08:09 PM, said:

The SPG numbers are strange as you managed to get more damage in assistance than in stuns. I can't watch the replay as it is not the lastest version patch, but can you tell me how did that happened? Did you scouted, or detracked for longer periods than stun?

I don't know either, I wasn't pushing for the mission as it was a new SPG. I simply shot at whatever was spotted when I was reloaded and I was lucky in that my team provided the spots and assist damage and that the enemy almost lined up to be shot. There were a few shots where I aimed to one side of the target intending to hit the tracks and causing stun but it was mainly about keeping the gun firing.

DuncaN_101 #19 Posted 05 December 2017 - 02:23 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 53202 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
If I can do it so could you....

Aikl #20 Posted 05 December 2017 - 02:34 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25517 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

(...)

Quit yapping, this is simply bullcrap. Plenty of 260-owners are far from even decent stats. Missions are not particularly harder than before. Clan mates don't help that much; the platoon missions are not hard and easily done with in-game platoons. Cheating would be hard and incredibly time-consuming to pull off. We're talking middle-of-the-night synced startups and hope that you get the right situation to e.g. bounce your Maus-mate for 10k - which you have potentially 28 witnesses to.

Dedication and time spent is rather important, however. Luck as well, but that's more about doing HT-15 in a Tiger 2. Your dedication is hard to judge, but your battle count is literally half of what the three 260-owners in this thread have. 

Also tagged with new, campaign

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users