Paris not so bad

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

TheOddRogue #1 Posted 28 November 2017 - 04:06 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9985 battles

This map gets a bit to much hate, it's by no means a good map, but it's still not as bad as kharkov, stalingrad or one very underappreciated awful city map ensk. 

Once you realize the supposed north light/medium flank and the south heavy fuckfest corner are completely [edited]useless and really, and I mean really boring to play, you can start having fun. 

This is how i usually play it: 

With meds/lights I usually try to get initial spots on the opposite side and try and put in a shot or two in meds. Then I move along further south and I try to spot and maybe shot something through the middle square in the map. I usually sneak towards the middle hugging the buildings to try and spot and see if i get spotted, If i see the opportunity to, I cross the road that goes straight from the middle square and put shots down the alley on enemies. 

With heavies from the west spawn i dont really see an option but to go to the fuckfest corner. From the east though I sometimes, if our heavies or not to pressured on fuckfest corner, i go where i'd go with the meds to find shots or to sneak in and take shots on the enemies down the alley.

With TD's well you just try to find shots where ever you can. Support meds and heavies. 

And when you play the city you're always under arty cover, well almost always, I've been killed by well positioned arties before, but it's a rarity. 

All these things for me amounts to a relatively enjoyable experience, especially with meds. 

Edited by TheOddRogue, 28 November 2017 - 04:11 AM.

Laur_Balaur_XD #2 Posted 28 November 2017 - 04:24 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35393 battles

This is how i play Paris:

Just kidding. Paris is a steaming pile of crap.

Heavy tanks and armored TD's can have some fun in the corner of the map and they pretty much decide the faith of the game. 

If you are in a light and your heavy tanks sucked big time you are screwed. Same applies for paper td's.

The green part of the map has almost zero impact on the fate of the match, which makes the map even more smaller and retarded. A perfect map for Steve the IS7 driver. 

xx984 #3 Posted 28 November 2017 - 04:28 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 52971 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN
Paris is actually one of my favorite maps in all classes of tanks, mainly as i dont play arty, Same with Kharkov, I dont mind stalingrad but prefer Paris and Kharkov alot more

Pandabird #4 Posted 28 November 2017 - 07:54 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33973 battles
  • [KOFF] KOFF

It's not as bad as stalinkrap, i'll give you that. But it's not a good map either.
North part is actually quite fun, but the problem is it doesn't matter much when the battle is decided in brawly corridors down south. Get bad heavy tanks and you lose, it's impossible to cap a victory when enemies can get back to base so easy.

Whenever i'm in a top tier heavy it's disgustingly easy to win, just drive down to bridge area and pop shots, rinse and repeat, then roll forward and roll over whatever's left up north.

No fear of arty, no way to flank me without getting shot by my teammates. Just line up and lube up.

Edited by Pandabird, 28 November 2017 - 08:00 AM.

tangerine_sedge #5 Posted 28 November 2017 - 08:36 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 18234 battles
It's a badly designed map for all but herpaderpa heavies.  The temptation in any class other than heavy is to go North and trade shots across the park, but I've recently had some success (and epic failures) going into the city and trying to get side shots in as you describe.  This approach normally depends upon the positioning of the enemy covering the big empty bit in the middle of the map.

ExclamationMark #6 Posted 28 November 2017 - 08:49 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16679 battles
If you're in a heavy or well armoured TD/med, sure. Otherwise, go duck yourself.

qpranger #7 Posted 28 November 2017 - 09:12 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 31431 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

OP's thread title ...

KillingJoker #8 Posted 28 November 2017 - 09:28 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32021 battles
  • [-EXC-] -EXC-

I do like Paris...

i play a lot of heavy tanks, and i usualy pick tanks that are good sidescrapers... 

to my perspective is a good map for heavy tank engagement, and should be a very boring map for lightely armored tanks...

very well armored TD's must love that map, despite i never tryed to play it on such class

i love to rush with the IS-7 into under the bridge in the heavies zone, and use a slight slop you get on the right... righ under the wall... when come from east

and from there the enemies cant do nothing to you, unless they are firing HE like the type 5., by playing that agressive your allready putting huge pressure on the enemy team...

because the only way they can counter that position, is by trying to win the top of the bridge,or yolo you, using the middle street...  (but most of the time this works for me)

undutchable80 #9 Posted 28 November 2017 - 09:32 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 6964 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I get so bored with that map that I generally try and rush the steps (E/F 4/5?). Do some spotting and dmg. Much more fun than going North in LT/MT/TD or South in MT/TD/HT.

ZlatanArKung #10 Posted 28 November 2017 - 09:35 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles
Just terrible map design.

Play a heavily armoured tank or GTFO.

The north part sucks because WG added nice bushes and hard cover at both ends of a big open field. Just like on Malinovka, but with better protection for those camping. Which means that pushing field area is extremely costly. So just don't.

japtank #11 Posted 28 November 2017 - 11:25 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27619 battles

Would be good with more obstacles in the avenues.

If you try a move and come across superior numbers, you're screwed.

As it is now, this map is only ok for either very skilled players or very patient ones (aka 'my team is my meatshield;).

Or heavily armored vehicles, of course.

And I love Stalingrad, always have good games there, the whole map is playable.

Jigabachi #12 Posted 28 November 2017 - 12:37 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17858 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Terrible map for any tank that doesn't have armor. Too small. Zero cover in the corridors. Bottlenecks everywhere. Tanks squeezed into the southern part of the map because the north is unplayable.

No, thanks.

Gkirmathal #13 Posted 28 November 2017 - 12:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8125 battles
Sarcasm
ˈsɑːkaz(ə)m

Noun: sarcasm; plural noun: sarcasms
The use of irony to mock or convey contempt.

I give the OP a 7 out of 10.

qpranger #14 Posted 28 November 2017 - 01:08 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 31431 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postjaptank, on 28 November 2017 - 12:25 PM, said:

Would be good with more obstacles in the avenues.

Yes, barricades with Gavroche.

Mimos_A #15 Posted 28 November 2017 - 01:10 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22118 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

I'm sorry, but it is.

Basically your heavily armoured tanks decide the outcome of the match. You can get some scraps through the middle if you manage to not get annihilated due to the lack of cover, but at the end of the day it's all pretty irrelevant to the outcome of the match.

Rati_Festa #16 Posted 28 November 2017 - 01:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41345 battles

Its terrible for numerous reasons. But the main one and the most unforgivable is its boring and that is a massive no no in any game.

My real concern though is that is new and this was the best they could come up with.

dimethylcadmium #17 Posted 28 November 2017 - 01:42 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5397 battles
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A
Paris not so bad? Yeah, when compared to Pilsen maybe

clixor #18 Posted 28 November 2017 - 01:57 PM

Major

• Player
  • 50380 battles
The whole problem with Paris map is that it just totally divides a team. You have part going north and south with no really a way of helping each other. So this creates inbalance from the getgo if you for instance have a grille vs jp e100 mm.

_Anarchistic_ #19 Posted 28 November 2017 - 04:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36466 battles

View PostTheOddRogue, on 28 November 2017 - 04:06 AM, said:

This map gets a bit to much hate, it's by no means a good map, but it's still not as bad as kharkov, stalingrad or one very underappreciated awful city map ensk. 

Once you realize the supposed north light/medium flank and the south heavy fuckfest corner are completely [edited]useless and really, and I mean really boring to play, you can start having fun. 

This is how i usually play it: 

it is not a good map because there are too few flanking opportunities, unlike Kharkov, Stalingrad or Ensk where you can flank, create angles etc which is why I think they are better maps than Paris.  Paris is too much a straight up slug fest

however you may have missed one tactic.  If I am in a fast med like a t62 I like to storm field just past the balcony section on the other half of the field where there are great hull down spots for a t62, this can often mean a fast field win and a roflstomp.  it can also mean a fast death if your team does not support you but hey ho, bad map, no great loss

But, as a map in itself I prefer Paris to Pilsen, err and that's about it

squigles #20 Posted 28 November 2017 - 04:11 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7956 battles
  • [B00TA] B00TA
Is it an unpopular opinion to actually like Paris? I usually play it in either a light or medium, and play up north. Sure, the key of the game is whether or not your heavies in the south make progress or not, but its still a fun map in my opinion. There's a lot of potential spotting damage to rack up, and in the mid to late phase, pushing the north can occasionally make or break the game. That and its a beautiful map. Just saying. :P

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users