• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Ph3lan #1 Posted 28 November 2017 - 07:31 PM

Community Operations Lead WoT EU

• WG Staff
  • 18581 battles
  • [WG] WG

Hey all!

Please leave any feedback regarding the new Customization System here.

xx984 #2 Posted 28 November 2017 - 07:34 PM

Major

• Player
  • 54851 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN

I love it, Think its a great idea, and you guys have done a good job on it so far!

However one improvement i would make with the Unhistorical colours, I would limit it so you can only chose 2 colours at one given time, having the gun, Turret and hull ALL different looks abit weird. Feel like it would look better if it  was 2 Unhistorical colours max :) 

I would also like to see the ability to place emblems where ever we want, as well as inscriptions by being able to drag them around

Edited by xx984, 28 November 2017 - 07:34 PM.

Homer_J #3 Posted 28 November 2017 - 07:36 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28692 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Interface needs a lot of work.

Figuring out how to remove something you have tried and not want without either replacing it or just quitting the customisation altogether (thus losing any other changes) took me some time.

But then I'm only an IT professional, I'm sure it's fine for everyone else.

Also being able to use three different camos and five different base paints does not make any sense.

MrEdweird #4 Posted 28 November 2017 - 07:47 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 20203 battles
  • [CIRC2] CIRC2

In my opinion, having camo on turret + gun should also count for camo bonus.

I think you should only be able to change base color for the whole tank, not different colors for separate parts.

I think you should not be able to mix camos but you should be able to add or remove them on various parts.

Otherwise looks pretty good.

Additionally, it was said that you can turn off the "unihistorical camo" on things like Liberte.

If that is true, what exactly is stopping you from allowing me to put custom camo on my M 41 90 GF?

Turtle_Team #5 Posted 28 November 2017 - 08:02 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 27617 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

I like the idea of it and I am defiantly looking forward to playing around with it, Its a shame I already brought permanent camo for all my tier 8s and 10s as that is gonna just sit in the store not being used now, I would much prefer the option to trade the old camo in for the new ones.

I have brought Permanent camo for all 16 of my tier 10s and most of my 60 tier 8s so I feel like this will be a big waste

Gremlin182 #6 Posted 28 November 2017 - 10:51 PM

General

• Player
  • 48721 battles

Its an idea that has a lot of potential, not everyone likes the current system my gripe with it is that the camouflage patters for some countries are very early or pre war.

I find this a little annoying as fighting units from France Poland Czechoslovakia and so on continued fighting throughout WW2 I would like an opportunity to give those tanks something other than those camo patterns.

Maybe I will make up my own maybe use another countries either way its a nice feature.

Clans will be able to create their own unique patters.

Then again if I wanted to I could recreate something really garish like the red and yellow Stug III from Girls Und Panzer I probably wouldnt't at least not for permanebt camo but I or someone else could.

Nothing wrong with that as long as it can be turned off for players who do not wish to see it.

So yes I like the idea but I don't really want to go into every game and see red yellow blue and pink tanks so being able to at least turn off the primary colours would be appreciated.

WhosNachos #7 Posted 29 November 2017 - 12:04 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25458 battles
Remove camo from painting, if u want camo use one (current system) 3 diff camos total bs and purple color

Edited by WhosNachos, 29 November 2017 - 12:40 AM.

fighting_falcon93 #8 Posted 29 November 2017 - 02:07 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 31024 battles

Just logged into the CT, and here we have the problem:

- China green hull

- France blue turret

- Czech gray gun + mantlet

This will be considered a historical camo :facepalm:

Or this one:

It looks completely rediculous. Which sane person would actually paint their tank like this if we're talking about a realistic scenario where you want to make your tank melt into its environment?

Please WG, the basic idea is good, but you need to change this. All historical colors/camo should be applied to the entire tank.

So far my feedback is this:

- Remove unhistorical colors, it just looks silly. TBH if I see anyone stream or do a youtube video with pink/purple tanks I'll close it within a second and unsubscribe.

- All historical colors/camo should be applied to the entire tank.

- Allow players to buy permanent camo for credits/bonds, or atleast make it possible to earn colors/camo during some weekend specials (ofc allow us to pick for ourselves which one we want).

SpartA_1ah1 #9 Posted 29 November 2017 - 09:16 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 17623 battles

So any one who bought T34 B are crying right now xD

because you just take T34 and paint it with black and now you have T34 B

bad idea

ogremage #10 Posted 29 November 2017 - 09:56 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33429 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA

I think this is over complicated and unnecessary. I don't see WHY I would want to paint my tank pink or even use different camo on barrel from the turret. it will make the game rather ugly and break the immersion, I think.

Remove unhistorical colours. This is completely ridiculous. Good that they can be turned off, but it still ruins the immersion into the game completely. 

There are way more urgent problems to address for WG such as:

• Bad, small, boring corridor maps favouring only super heavy tanks. Maps are just too small.
  • Imbalanced maps with one side having a significant advantage.
  • Imbalanced tanks (Japanese heavies,  Swedish bush kempwagens)
  • Tanks requiring premium to penetrate (both tanks who you can only shoot with premium and tanks where you can only succeed if you shoot premium)
  • Arty with un-fun game mechanics
  • OP premiums which those who have bought have, and those who haven't cannot even buy to even the playing field. Either nerf, or put on sale.
  • Bad MM, especially for platoons which are always bottom tier

Edited by ogremage, 29 November 2017 - 10:13 AM.

flashbarts #11 Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:11 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 42313 battles
TBH the thing the game needs is more tanks, maps and some tweaks to MM NOT a Paint ur Tank mod

AldoSsb #12 Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:46 AM

Private

• Player
  • 8582 battles
  • [-AMR-] -AMR-
There is a fine line between being a serious game, or a ridiculous one. And it seems like WG is unable to see it.

WoT_RU_Doing #13 Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:48 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46017 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

My major concerns here are based on the fact that I have paint and flags and inscriptions applied permanently to approx. 150 tanks. If I understand correctly these will all go back into my store, and I'll have to reapply them individually 450 times due to seasons. Is that going to cost me more, when I already paid for this? It's certainly going to take a lot of time, when I am happy with the schemes I already have.

On top of this, I have a whole load of unused emblems available, which I did not pay for but earned in events (for inscriptions, I've only used the Swedish ones...I forget if I paid or earned them). Do I get to keep them, and will all such items be multiplied by 3 to cover the different seasons?

The current announcement is clear about retaining what we have PAID for, but not what we have EARNED. And it is not clear about how what we have will be implemented. By default, I'd prefer that we get to keep what we have, rather than waste time re-applying it all.

The only thing I'd add is separate emblems from flags....I'd like to actually have my national flag and use the emblems I have on tanks....meaning 4 positions rather than the current 2.

Edited by Berkut1, 29 November 2017 - 12:06 PM.

Angel_Arrow #14 Posted 29 November 2017 - 01:02 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20204 battles
  • [WOTI] WOTI
I miss something or I don't get it. In the official article on the portal you can see a lot of different paint colors for the non-historical paints but when I go to the test client I only have purple and blue as paint colors. Why is that???

Homer_J #15 Posted 29 November 2017 - 08:24 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28692 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostAngel_Arrow, on 29 November 2017 - 12:02 PM, said:

I miss something or I don't get it. In the official article on the portal you can see a lot of different paint colors for the non-historical paints but when I go to the test client I only have purple and blue as paint colors. Why is that???

Test server.

Angel_Arrow #16 Posted 30 November 2017 - 07:19 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20204 battles
  • [WOTI] WOTI

View PostHomer_J, on 29 November 2017 - 08:24 PM, said:

Test server.

What do you mean? Is this sarcastic like in "It's the test server, it's normal that things don't work." or is it like "hey man ... it's on the test server you have to look for that." Because ... if you read my question you can see that I'm on the common test client and the un-historical colors like show on the portal are just not there.

Homer_J #17 Posted 30 November 2017 - 07:23 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28692 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostAngel_Arrow, on 30 November 2017 - 06:19 AM, said:

What do you mean? Is this sarcastic like in "It's the test server, it's normal that things don't work." 

It's the test server as in they didn't implement everything yet.

No point putting all those colours in when they are just going to remove them anyway and spin it like they were listening to us when the real reason they are there is to give us something to rage about so we don't notice the subtle price hike by changing the 3x camo and 1x emblems/inscriptions to 5x+4x+3x camo and 3x emblems/inscriptions.

Angel_Arrow #18 Posted 30 November 2017 - 08:40 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20204 battles
  • [WOTI] WOTI

View PostHomer_J, on 30 November 2017 - 07:23 AM, said:

It's the test server as in they didn't implement everything yet.

No point putting all those colours in when they are just going to remove them anyway and spin it like they were listening to us when the real reason they are there is to give us something to rage about so we don't notice the subtle price hike by changing the 3x camo and 1x emblems/inscriptions to 5x+4x+3x camo and 3x emblems/inscriptions.

Thanks for the clarification. ;)

My first thought about this whole system was: Wow ... the cheap prices for credits and gold. Let us be honest. For the pre-made camo set you pay 1 credit for 10 battles. That's 1000 credits for 10.000 battles. Who is going to feel that? The same goes for the paint and camos you have to pay with gold. You can now provide a tank with with a base color, on top of that camouflage and emblems and inscriptions. You can do that for all three seasons for somewhere over 30 gold (I did it yesterday in my stream - a bit of self advertisement, sorry). Who's going to feel that? It's way cheaper then what you have to pay now for a permanent camo for 3 seasons.

Of course I do think that these prices aren't going to stick. WG has to earn money and I think they will cranck up at least the gold prices.

Another thought that crossed my mind was what will happen to inscriptions and emblems we already have?  Wargaming says this:

Block Quote

All permanent camo, emblems, and inscriptions you purchased before the new mechanics release will be in your Storage when it drops. You spent money on them and they’re rightfully yours.

But from what I could see on the test client the emblems that already were installed on one of my tanks were there for the three seasons and I didn't have to pay extra for them. So I assume that once installed you have them for the three seasons. But what with the emblems and inscriptions you bought or won in the past but are just in your depot (like not installed on any tank)??? Are those also emblems that will be installable for all three seasons without any cost what so ever?

Hopefully WG can clarify this.

Further ... I don't have any issues with the fact that people can change their tanks in totally non-historical vehicles (with those base color paints or different kind of camouflages on different parts of the tanks, etc.). This is just a game my friends and WG already let us know more then once that they don't have the intention to be a historical correct simulator. On top of that everybody gets the chance to de-activate all non-historical elements in the game through the main settings tab. Unfortunately also emblems and inscriptions fall under that non-historical label I could see. So if a player chooses to get rid of the non-historical elements then they also don't see your emblems and inscriptions anymore.

So actually this is more like a third party mod that WG tries to implement and there's nothing wrong with that. Hopefully this will get expanded with the possibility of adding logs, sand bags, etc. on our tanks. Of course just for cosmetically looks.

NakedVegan #19 Posted 30 November 2017 - 09:29 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 19535 battles
  • [V3GAN] V3GAN

Historical paint and camouflage should definitely be single colour and pattern.

Keep the fine tuning at "non-historical" mode, please.

Do it before patch 9.21 goes live to avoid refund claims, please.

gunslingerXXX #20 Posted 30 November 2017 - 09:32 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11027 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

View PostNakedVegan, on 30 November 2017 - 09:29 PM, said:

Historical paint and camouflage should definitely be single colour and pattern.

Keep the fine tuning at "non-historical" mode, please.

Do it before patch 9.21 goes live to avoid refund claims, please.

+1

And for the non historical I wouldlike to see more colours than blue and purple

Also tagged with 9.21 Public Test

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users