The main reasons I play less and less of the game

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

superfly2000 #1 Posted 28 November 2017 - 11:58 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 77669 battles
  • [SFLY] SFLY

- General dumbing down of the game that has been going on for years. It started with the accuracy buff like 4 years ago and since then WoT became more of a straight out shooter with no use of the spotting system and only more and more corridor maps.

- Kind of related to the first but the game is much more catering to unskilled and non-hardcore players.

- The game doesnt care about social interaction or advanced platooning anymore. Ever since the introduction of dynamic platoons (like 3 years ago?) the more important and "real" platoon invites basically didnt work well. The final nail in the coffin was ofcourse when friendlist, invites and chat didnt work at all for more then a month. Not even soliciting an official explanation from Wargaming. Showing that they don't think these are important features in the game. As long as all the casual plebs can press battle all is well right?

Platooning seems to be more about making fake dynamic platoons to do missions or earn fake medals.

- Stupid matchmaking system in general and even worse when it comes to platoons. (Yes, I am REALLY not a fan of the "new" matchmaking system.)

- Most of the hardcore platoon players have left the game. There are even fewer platoon players that care anything about teamplay skills and working together. They are contributing to the camping meta instead of breaking it.

- The game in general and everything around it caters much more about solo-playing...then platoon-playing. Espacially the last few years each and every event, missions and whatnot are supposed to be done solo...and in most cases you CAN'T even platoon.

I am a really long term player with a whole lot of games (70k+). I really used to love the game and hanging with the players. It kind of hurts a bit to make this thread cause I am kind of a Wargaming fanboy also...

Before you start whining...this is not a goodbye thread...I am still playing....only like the title says...its less and less....

Edited by superfly2000, 29 November 2017 - 12:57 AM.

cragarion #2 Posted 29 November 2017 - 12:07 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 42900 battles

Only reason i don't play as much is the dumbing down of the players not the game,

so many idiots in the game these days it's just not fun anymore.

superfly2000 #3 Posted 29 November 2017 - 12:08 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 77669 battles
  • [SFLY] SFLY
I think that the one leads to the other probably  :child:  :P

cragarion #4 Posted 29 November 2017 - 12:10 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 42900 battles

View Postsuperfly2000, on 29 November 2017 - 12:08 AM, said:

I think that the one leads to the other probably  :child:  :P

Possibly if a games easier to play then you can get idiots playing it.

Havenless #5 Posted 29 November 2017 - 12:11 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 454 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View Postsuperfly2000, on 29 November 2017 - 01:58 AM, said:

- General dumbing down of the game that has been going on for years. It started with the accuracy buff like 4 years ago and since then WoT became more of a straight out shooter with no use of the spotting system and only more and more corridor maps.

- Kind of related to the first but the game is much more catering to unskilled and non-hardcore players.

These two are just one of the many contradictions. You want super camper friendly gameplay in which you don't need any aiming skill or reflexes yet at the same time you whine how the game is dumbed down. 

_EXODUZ_ #6 Posted 29 November 2017 - 12:16 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34617 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

:D:D:D

Such a saddening post... :(

View Postsuperfly2000, on 28 November 2017 - 11:58 PM, said:

- People don't want to platoon with me because I'm so stuck up about it.

TLDR & FTFY

superfly2000 #7 Posted 29 November 2017 - 12:21 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 77669 battles
  • [SFLY] SFLY
Oh...did I forgot to mention the trolls?

View PostHavenless, on 29 November 2017 - 12:11 AM, said:

These two are just one of the many contradictions. You want super camper friendly gameplay in which you don't need any aiming skill or reflexes yet at the same time you whine how the game is dumbed down.

There is no contradiction here. Completely removing the spotting system IS dumbing it down. Period.

The game only needed minor tweaks...it was "ready" 6 years ago. It only needed minor changes to prevent some of the camping. But because of crybabies and newbies who where too casual to learn the spotting system they kind of almost removed it completely....along with the basic layout of the game (YES there WAS a reason why lights, arty, TD's and mediums couldnt reach tier 10).

xX_Erwin_Von_Braun_Xx #8 Posted 29 November 2017 - 12:25 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 2423 battles
  • [-UM] -UM
I going to be unicum of the future. If you not stuck up can I join your clan? I leave my old clan and now I on road to unicum.

superfly2000 #9 Posted 29 November 2017 - 12:26 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 77669 battles
  • [SFLY] SFLY
Also I forgot to mention the rerolls it seems...

_EXODUZ_ #10 Posted 29 November 2017 - 12:29 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34617 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostNvidia_GTX_970, on 29 November 2017 - 12:25 AM, said:

I going to be unicum of the future. If you not stuck up can I join your clan? I leave my old clan and now I on road to unicum.

We can take you if you rename to 1070 when you hit blue levels.

xX_Erwin_Von_Braun_Xx #11 Posted 29 November 2017 - 12:29 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 2423 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View Postsuperfly2000, on 29 November 2017 - 12:26 AM, said:

Also I forgot to mention the rerolls it seems...

​Who reroll? Reroll in 2014? I have life and now I have more time, but nobody to platoon with as I leave my old clan. They holding me back. I want to join clan that is not stuck up. Can I join your clan please?

xX_Erwin_Von_Braun_Xx #12 Posted 29 November 2017 - 12:32 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 2423 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View Post_EXODUZ_, on 29 November 2017 - 12:29 AM, said:

We can take you if you rename to 1070 when you hit blue levels.

​I blue now for four tanks and purple for one tank. Thank you for offer. You very nice person. I hope you have lovely Xmas. But I give superfly chance to recruit me as I miss not having people to platoon with and I make offer to him first. He seem nice guy.

_EXODUZ_ #13 Posted 29 November 2017 - 12:37 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34617 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostNvidia_GTX_970, on 29 November 2017 - 12:32 AM, said:

​I blue now for four tanks and purple for one tank. Thank you for offer. You very nice person. I hope you have lovely Xmas. But I give superfly chance to recruit me as I miss not having people to platoon with and I make offer to him first. He seem nice guy.

Oh nice, very good. I'll make sure I'll drink a toast to your WN8. Give it a second thought if you're into horse riding. Good luck in your future endeavours and may you have all the answers to the questions posed to you in life.

Havenless #14 Posted 29 November 2017 - 12:43 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 454 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View Postsuperfly2000, on 29 November 2017 - 02:25 AM, said:

There is no contradiction here. Completely removing the spotting system IS dumbing it down. Period.

The game only needed minor tweaks...it was "ready" 6 years ago. It only needed minor changes to prevent some of the camping. But because of crybabies and newbies who where too casual to learn the spotting system they kind of almost removed it completely....along with the basic layout of the game (YES there WAS a reason why lights, arty, TD's and mediums couldnt reach tier 10).

There are plenty of contradictions here. You've always been a vocal arty defender because you enjoy the fact that it dumbs down the gameplay and makes your campy "vision meta" gameplay more practical so you don't have to learn how to play in a dynamic fashion or take snap shots. Your idea of what kind of "skill" should be promoted has always been the type that doesn't win games and only requires you to be above average to get rewarded. You want more "vision mechanics" because they allow you to get a cheap, easy advantage over most players without having to be good yourself. It takes much more skill to be a good brawler with good reflexes than it does to sit in a bush with a 5 skill crew and "outplaying" the crewless free-to-play bots with 40m less view range.

I can agree that the game is broken as hell and I play less than I used to, but for completely different reasons. What the game needs is a complete removal or a hardcap of arty to 1 per team, the removal of +2/-2 matchmaking so every tank becomes relevant and then some tank/map fixing. These things aren't happening though, so my playing hours will just keep withering until one day I lose the last desire I have to play. But for sure, the last thing the game needs is more bush camping. The game already rewards brainless camper bots far too generously.

superfly2000 #15 Posted 29 November 2017 - 12:54 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 77669 battles
  • [SFLY] SFLY

So spotting is easy right? I guess thats why everyone is doing it so great right? I hope you don't suggest that passive spotting is camping. Passive spotting effectively is actually very hard to do (on most maps impossible or just not avaliable.)

What you dont understand is what World of Tanks IS. You think its a shooter where sidescraping and knowing all the little dips where to go hull down is "skill". Its kind of pathetic you even refer to it as "brawling"...where brawling has a completely different meaning to me...including the need to press W.

WoT is a TACTICAL shooter game (or should be)...where not just reflexes are important...but also things like; strategy, teamplay and experience should be of equal importance.

In the first years of WoT ALL vehicle types where viable. Again...the game only needed small careful changes...not removal of lights and arty from the game (which effectively has been done today).

I just remembered another think that I maybe should add to the list. The ridiculus amount of weird and sometimes even (in worst case) overwpowered tier 8 premiums.

xX_Erwin_Von_Braun_Xx #16 Posted 29 November 2017 - 12:57 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 2423 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View Postsuperfly2000, on 29 November 2017 - 12:54 AM, said:

So spotting is easy right? I guess thats why everyone is doing it so great right? I hope you don't suggest that passive spotting is camping. Passive spotting effectively is actually very hard to do (on most maps impossible or just not avaliable.)

What you dont understand is what World of Tanks IS. You think its a shooter where sidescraping and knowing all the little dips where to go hull down is "skill". Its kind of pathetic you even refer to it as "brawling"...where brawling has a completely different meaning to me...including the need to press W.

WoT is a TACTICAL shooter game (or should be)...where not just reflexes are important...but also things like; strategy, teamplay and experience should be of equal importance.

In the first years of WoT ALL vehicle types where viable. Again...the game only needed small careful changes...not removal of lights and arty from the game (which effectively has been done today).

I just remembered another think that I maybe should add to the list. The ridiculus amount of weird and sometimes even (in worst case) overwpowered tier 8 premiums.

​Did you miss my messages? I happy to join your clan and help platoon? I am not stuck up and very down to earth guy. Please reply.

the_nebuchadnezzar #17 Posted 29 November 2017 - 01:07 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 45611 battles
2 months since I„ve stoped playing WoT. I regret nothing! 

Pvt_Duffer #18 Posted 29 November 2017 - 02:43 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 16653 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postsuperfly2000, on 28 November 2017 - 11:54 PM, said:

It's okay, they could just revert to LT+3 matchmaking and the T8MM would be fixed again and give T9/X LTs proper view range and  and all would be well

Havenless #19 Posted 29 November 2017 - 02:48 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 454 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View Postsuperfly2000, on 29 November 2017 - 02:54 AM, said:

What you dont understand is what World of Tanks IS. You think its a shooter where sidescraping and knowing all the little dips where to go hull down is "skill".

Precisely. Knowing the good and relevant positions of each map and playing them is the best way to win games in any meta. Dealing damage yourself wins games because it's something you can count on. Sitting in a bush and spotting for your arty and camper bot TDs as the primary playing style is going to backfire most of the time because most players are incapable of carrying out the "roles" you so want highlighted in the game. You want the "roles" to be highlighted so players better than you won't be able to take advantage of their skill advantage and you can get others to do things for you instead of doing them yourself. 

The average player on this game is more or less terrible in terms of absolute skill and is going to make a long list of large scale mistakes in most battles. When you're relying on these bad players to do the shooting for you because "it's teamwork and their job is to shoot stuff you spot", you aren't going to win games. All this mindset does is guarantee that you will be stuck at the level of above average for another 70k battles without improving at all. If you think all those TDs and arties camp in base because they are doing what their role suggests and they want to help the team, you're just terribly wrong. They sit in base because they don't give a flying [edited] about teamwork, they just want a few shots of 100% selfish damage at the expense of others without taking any risks or having to learn the game. They want their damage, credits and XP. If they can convert your death into these currencies, they're more than happy to do so even if it means losing most of the time.

Yes, spotting is easy and passive scouting takes the exact zero amount of skill that camping does. It's also usually a bad play, but people insist on doing it anyway because they can't manage to do their LT-15 playing in a way that requires situational awareness, interaction and in general, skill. This is why you don't see the real unicums carry camo net and binocs on their light tanks and sitting in a bush all game long. But the players with 65% win rate are just selfish stat padders and not really good players, right? The real skill in this game is triple platooning tier 5 with crews that have 4-5 full perks and "outplaying" all the bots playing stock tanks, having no 6th sense and who have 40m less view range than you. That's what a "tactical shooter" game should be like, right?

Edited by Havenless, 29 November 2017 - 02:51 AM.

xX_Erwin_Von_Braun_Xx #20 Posted 29 November 2017 - 08:25 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 2423 battles
  • [-UM] -UM
To Mr Superfly. I reply to your PM to me about joining your clan. Thank you for sending me personal message. I am ready to fight for honor of your clan.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users