• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Dru_UK #1 Posted 29 November 2017 - 02:10 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 6562 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

Hi all,

I mostly play light and medium tanks and have complete the stug missions, but I'm stuck on the last Heavy and Tank Destroyer missions.

Heavy Mission is damage and block

TD is do 3K damage

for both I really only have t5 tanks and am struggling.

Can you help advise

Heavy 15

I have the KV1 and KV85 tanks, is it possible in either or should I buy another Russian heavy (I have unlocked the KV3 and/or IS? or maybe go T150 route?

Tank Destroyer,

I have T67 and SU100 only. Do I buy Hellcat to proceed? or grind up to T7 Russian?

I did have the swedich TD up to T6 IKV? but was no good with it - any tips to help me completed and get 2 new crew :) and a new tank.

undutchable80 #2 Posted 29 November 2017 - 02:33 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 8375 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I did the HT mission in my T29, but that doesnt help you because you only have Soviet HTs I gather from your list.

The TD mission I did in the Hellcat, so try it I guess.

Good luck!

UrQuan #3 Posted 29 November 2017 - 02:40 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20159 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

For both you do need something higher tier yes.

For the TD one, i feel a T7 TD is the minimum to get it done on a (very) good game, I finished that one myself with the Jagpanther TD. No doubt some folks can pull it off at T6 with a game where it all falls in place, but to prevent too much frustration, I'd say T7 is the minimum for it.

The HT one is a combo of map & tank really. KV-3 (T-150 route) certainly can do it, IS as well, albeit the armor layout makes it less reliably to bounce (both KV-3 & IS got same armor values, but the hull angles are different). best hope for city maps, or maps that offer hard cover, so you can sidescrape & bait enemies into shooting your armored parts for 0 effect.

Warzey #4 Posted 29 November 2017 - 02:44 PM

Warrant Officer

• WGL PRO Player
  • 57453 battles
  • [GOOFY] GOOFY

The TD mission should be doable with Hellcat. Theoretically you could do the mission with SU-100 but Hellcat is just so much better, its gun is more reliable will have a lot easier time dealing with high tier tanks. Alternatively you could get your hands on a T7 TD, SU-152 with 122mm has an insanely high DPM, it can rack up a lot of damage very quickly if you manage to penetrate your shots and not die in the process obviously.

For the heavy tank mission my recommendation would be Tiger I (H) or T29, but since you don't have those lines i guess you should go with IS. Doing 6k in a KV-1 or KV-85 is next to impossible.

Edited by Warzey, 29 November 2017 - 02:47 PM.

TungstenHitman #5 Posted 29 November 2017 - 03:18 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 24332 battles

Hmmm... from your choices. Well it's possible to do these mission at tier5 but can be hard, regardless of ability, for both missions

For TD, tanks at these tiers simply don't have enough hp each and so targets don't tend to last long enough to farm this damage, you might get in a shot or two per target but other teammates will be tapping into that target too including arty so it's hard just to find enough hp. The HC is very nice tank but just like the tier6 Swede has the worst dpm of any tanks pretty much... so you can see how this is a problem lol... that said, I have done over 3k in both those TDs. As mentioned, tier7 is probably the first reliable 3k+ type of TD but you can try with the HC at tier6. Load gold, that's an insane 240 pen for a tier6 and with the current mm making you bottom tier all the time, you can probably find enough hp vs the tier7 and tier8 tanks even if you are bad dpm.

For HT, my workhorses were T29 with that nuke proof turret front and the IS3. From you choice I would say the T-150 has a very good shot at this since it has a very healthy pen on it's gun, nice alpha+dpm and for armor the sides are REALLY good. I will be buying this tank soon myself and for your mission, side scrape cheekily in front of some big hitters flaunting ONLY your well angled OP side armor lol.. should see you over the line :)

Edited by TungstenHitman, 29 November 2017 - 03:24 PM.

Dru_UK #6 Posted 29 November 2017 - 03:24 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 6562 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

thank you all - great answers!

Will put to one side and hope that some discount comes on the tanks soon to purchase the new ones :)

TungstenHitman #7 Posted 29 November 2017 - 03:29 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 24332 battles

View PostWarzey, on 29 November 2017 - 01:44 PM, said:

i guess you should go with IS

Brutal tank... unreliable flat plate sections of hull/turret armor and shot traps that if not penned, bounces shots up under the chin of the turret, into the drivers central hatch or off the turret and down into the hull, awful design, couple that with the fact with the new mm it will meet my T-10 and the likes lol... Y'all want to be bringing a 175 pen, 5 year aim time, medieval inaccurate cannon to a dog fight vs a T-10 with 270 pen? and a Type4 lol? not to mention a LOT of tier8 which is stuffed with Defenders and IS-3s and etc etc its a good solid tank vs tier7 but vs tier7 you aint lol.

Edit with the T-150 you will be still vs tier8 but it's only 3 which for me, makes tier6 a very playable tier since not many tier7 tanks get all that much improvements apart from the mentioned so you do want some big hitters to bounce their shots but that THAT many and not THAT hard hitting lol!! As you can see the tier6 T-150 isn't much behind the IS in any department and even better in some areas only its a tier lower which is a good thing for reasons mentioned, at least for that PM final mission anyway and many of the next set of PM

https://tanks.gg/compare/is?t=t-150

Edited by TungstenHitman, 29 November 2017 - 03:46 PM.

Merton15 #8 Posted 29 November 2017 - 03:42 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 13976 battles
You may be able to do it in a Hellcat, but it would take an awesome game. SU152 would be easier. I completed in the Ferdi, not hard at T8! Agree with the rest, a T7 HT is probably needed. Can be done at T6 (I did it in a Tiger 131 with a lot of luck), T150 may just pull it off.

Mav75 #9 Posted 29 November 2017 - 03:56 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 30985 battles

TD's you should go up to tier 7 with the Soviets (SU-152) or tier 8 (T28 Prototype) with the US.

3k damage should be doable with the Hellcat, but that is seriously lucky (my highest ever damage with Hellcat is just a hair over 3k). Breaking 2k damage in the Hellcat is usually enough for Ace Tanker.

With the HT's... you may need to go up to tier 8 to have a reliable chance for 4k damage/blocked. Might be doable with T-150 (pushing it, hope the enemy is incompetent so they bounce and your team leaves you enough hp to farm), certainly doable from KV-3/IS upwards (even doing just raw damage). With the HT mission you should consider your own hp as well, since you no longer required to survive (just win) to complete the "with Honors" part.

Warzey #10 Posted 29 November 2017 - 04:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• WGL PRO Player
  • 57453 battles
  • [GOOFY] GOOFY

View PostTungstenHitman, on 29 November 2017 - 02:29 PM, said:

Brutal tank... unreliable flat plate sections of hull/turret armor and shot traps that if not penned, bounces shots up under the chin of the turret, into the drivers central hatch or off the turret and down into the hull, awful design, couple that with the fact with the new mm it will meet my T-10 and the likes lol... Y'all want to be bringing a 175 pen, 5 year aim time, medieval inaccurate cannon to a dog fight vs a T-10 with 270 pen? and a Type4 lol? not to mention a LOT of tier8 which is stuffed with Defenders and IS-3s and etc etc its a good solid tank vs tier7 but vs tier7 you aint lol.

Edit with the T-150 you will be still vs tier8 but it's only 3 which for me, makes tier6 a very playable tier since not many tier7 tanks get all that much improvements apart from the mentioned so you do want some big hitters to bounce their shots but that THAT many and not THAT hard hitting lol!! As you can see the tier6 T-150 isn't much behind the IS in any department and even better in some areas only its a tier lower which is a good thing for reasons mentioned, at least for that PM final mission anyway and many of the next set of PM

https://tanks.gg/compare/is?t=t-150

You're obviously not going to finish the mission if you end up in a T9 game with an IS, but it's pretty much the same with T-150. I admit that IS is not the best choice since it has a derpy gun and fairly unreliable armor, but it still has more HP than T-150, way better gun handling and it has the mobility to move around and actively participate in the cleanup. 

RaxipIx #11 Posted 29 November 2017 - 04:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31245 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

T-150 can do it if you angle correctly in a city map. 

Su 100 can do it, i have had multiple games over 3 k in it, but they are rare and far between. I would go and get some higher TD, like tier 8, because you will need them for the T 28 HTC missions.

Borsig, JP 2 have great guns and doing 3 k damage fairly often is not too hard.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users