Advent Calendar 2018 – Hot Deals all the Way to January

• Please log in to reply
643 replies to this topic

Akathis #301 Posted 08 December 2017 - 02:15 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 85032 battles

View PostDragonlordcv, on 08 December 2017 - 02:01 PM, said:

Premiums cannot be nerfed unless there is cashback in order Akathis.

Type 59 was nerfed.

Dragonlordcv #302 Posted 08 December 2017 - 02:18 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24469 battles

If you had it, had the initial stats and those after the changesl you can still sue WG.

To make it more clear for you. Say you buy Type with said stats 1 and after purchase the company decides to change its stats for whatever reason. Since its a virtual good payed with real money the owner/s is/are eligible for compensation (cashback) under EU consumer law.

There is also a case of premium compensation in wot but i cannot recall for which premium tank.

p.s. Always take a screenshot of your purchased Premiums stats. :B

Edited by Dragonlordcv, 08 December 2017 - 02:36 PM.

StinkyStonky #303 Posted 08 December 2017 - 02:30 PM

Major

• Player
  • 34523 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

View PostDragonlordcv, on 08 December 2017 - 01:01 PM, said:

Premiums cannot be nerfed unless there is cashback in order Akathis.

All the Pref MM tanks have been "nerfed" by the changes to the match maker. (I presume you were using "nerfed" in its legal sense, not the limited scope commonly used in these forums).

Dragonlordcv #304 Posted 08 December 2017 - 02:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24469 battles
That is one way for  WG to nerf something without having legal consequences. Only revenue may have been affected since ppl left the game because of it.

Edited by Dragonlordcv, 08 December 2017 - 02:58 PM.

Revoluxioner #305 Posted 08 December 2017 - 03:30 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5608 battles
I doubt Defender will come

Vanko92 #306 Posted 08 December 2017 - 03:55 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14658 battles

View PostPh3lan, on 07 December 2017 - 11:08 AM, said:

Hey samolikvidator! The Defender will not be on sale in the advent calendar this year.

WG I am really disapointed to read this (The Defender will not be on sale in the advent calendar this year.) I was really hope that we will see Defender again. At least tell on all WG team that we "players" will still wait for Defender, tell them that we wan't it, tell them that we are tired of waithing for almost 1 year. At least you guys read this. 

And one last thing: You have no idea what you loose by not selling Defender again.

samolikvidator #307 Posted 08 December 2017 - 04:50 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 17888 battles

View PostVanko92, on 08 December 2017 - 02:55 PM, said:

WG I am really disapointed to read this (The Defender will not be on sale in the advent calendar this year.) I was really hope that we will see Defender again. At least tell on all WG team that we "players" will still wait for Defender, tell them that we wan't it, tell them that we are tired of waithing for almost 1 year. At least you guys read this. 

And one last thing: You have no idea what you loose by not selling Defender again.

you are right.i was playing wot 2 years active every day.2 years i was buying premium acc every month.i have 13 premium tanks in garage.i have spent even more real money on converting combat exp to free exp.

I stoped before 2-3 month ro play wot exactly bcs of defender.i havent buy it when it was in shop.wanted to wait to see revievs so i know what kind of tank is he.

He never apeared in shop again.

2 days ago i have buy premium acc bcs i was sure defender will be on sale in calendar so i wanted ti give another shoot to wot.

My god am i disapointed.

Wg just dont care about what ppl say.i dont even see defender this 2 days i have played.what balance are they talk about.i have never had problems against defender in battle.

I just need soviet heavy,and is6 pen is something i dont want to play i want that defender.

Now if i quit game i will quit forever.i dont want to but i will bcs such stupid thing

Havenless #308 Posted 08 December 2017 - 05:53 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 516 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View PostPh3lan, on 07 December 2017 - 01:08 PM, said:

Hey samolikvidator! The Defender will not be on sale in the advent calendar this year.

We posted a short little video snippet on FB showing how you can easily access the mission in your garage: http://ow.ly/5E6W30h4peg

Hope it helps :)

Don't worry, we have plenty more advent days to go with some really cool stuff coming up. Also, if nothing else the T92 LT was a pretty great offer right? (I love that tank to bits so far).

Is there a reason why? All the other tanks are obsolete in comparison and not worth the money so I'm not buying them. Something like a Liberte may be a good tank but it's a waste of money as long as there's a similar tank with everything that will eventually be sold again.

This is the problem you have when you create a tank that's just severely overpowered and then you refuse to nerf it - I am not interested in anything else. Either nerf the Defender or sell it to everyone they can play tier 8, TBs and even SHs again. You see, the game modes it ruined. Tier 8 has more problems though and the Defender isn't the only one, but at least if you play a tier 8.75 tank yourself the constant stream of bottom tier games could be tolerable.

Thanks for at least confirming it won't be sold, that's more than we've had the past few years.

Gremlin182 #309 Posted 08 December 2017 - 06:07 PM

General

• Player
  • 58708 battles

There will always be OP tanks coming in which over time will cease to be OP as other tanks in the game get buffed.

There is little point in adding new tanks that are worse than tanks already in the game they simply would not sell.

I suspect a year from now the Defender Patriot Liberte and Chrysler will not be Considered OP that title will go to the latest premiums they added.

Vedrano #310 Posted 08 December 2017 - 06:14 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 45853 battles

I don't get all the crybabies talking about the Defender, i have it and 90% of my battles are T10 battles, and belive me your defender is not that mighty against them, so it's not that special. I can't remember last time i was toptier with it, maybe few times in the 150 battles.

Edited by Vedrano, 08 December 2017 - 06:19 PM.

samolikvidator #311 Posted 08 December 2017 - 06:37 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 17888 battles

View PostVedrano, on 08 December 2017 - 05:14 PM, said:

I don't get all the crybabies talking about the Defender, i have it and 90% of my battles are T10 battles, and belive me your defender is not that mighty against them, so it's not that special. I can't remember last time i was toptier with it, maybe few times in the 150 battles.

Exactly.I have never had much problems vs defender.

So tell me why wg refuse to sell them?

Vanko92 #312 Posted 08 December 2017 - 06:53 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14658 battles

View Postsamolikvidator, on 08 December 2017 - 06:37 PM, said:

Exactly.I have never had much problems vs defender.

So tell me why wg refuse to sell them?

The part of the people that don't want Defender is not because he is OP, it is because they don't want to pay or because they dont know how to kill him. This is the whole reason why every baby cry with the words "I hope Defender will not be in sale again".

Veres_ZG #313 Posted 08 December 2017 - 06:57 PM

Private

• Player
  • 13375 battles
  • [DUSTY] DUSTY
Is there any chance to see Panzer 58 Mutz again in the sale? #tooslow :)

Havenless #314 Posted 08 December 2017 - 07:16 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 516 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View PostVedrano, on 08 December 2017 - 08:14 PM, said:

That's exactly why you want the Defender. It's the only one that can hold its ground on the constant stream of tier 10 games and can still be played aggressively instead of being relegated into a useless [edited] support tank 75% of the time like all the other tanks.

In case you need more reasoning as to why us "crybabies" want the Defender, just take a look at your own stats. Your damage per game with Defender is over 1600. Guess what? Your 2nd best tier 8, on Liberte, is at 1400. That's a huge gap. With Skorpion G you manage 1.1k and with Chrysler you manage 1.1k and these tanks are considered some of the most powerful tier 8 tanks and are only a few months older than Defender so it's not a matter of "playing them as a newb" either. But somehow they're both 500 damage behind the Defender. Why do you think that is? Without wanting to bash you, you're a living proof of how overpowered Defender is. Why would any one of us pay 40€ for a Liberte when it's just inferior in every way? "Training French crews" just won't cut it, I want a competitive tank.

Edited by Havenless, 08 December 2017 - 07:17 PM.

Tiera_Nieranpoika #315 Posted 08 December 2017 - 07:27 PM

Private

• Player
  • 25315 battles
  • [WW3] WW3

View PostVedrano, on 08 December 2017 - 06:14 PM, said:

Many content creators have called it as a tier 9 heavy tiered in tier 8.

Saying that a tier 8 premium "struggles" against tier 10 is never a very good argument against a tank being OP. Especially now that the MM is balanced in a template form. Bet you've never been in a pure tier 10 match with your Defender? 

It is OP as f*ck and the company itself has admitted that they "overtuned" it and hence now WG has created a bit of an catch-22 from themselves.

Plenty of people will be unhappy if it is sold again because it's OP and not good for the game balance. Plenty of people have reserved money just to buy that "fabled OP" tank and will be unhappy if it won't be sold. F*cked if they do, f*cked if they don't. 

The thing is, that they will probably sell it again next year. It would have been way too blatantly bold cash grab if they would have sold it again now, after this year admitting its too good. They probably don't care much about it, but they did have a pretty big PR fiasco with almost giving one content creator copyright strike for being too insulting on stream and that got a lot of bad rep in the game communities, not just inside WoT.

Now with EA getting a lot of flak for their business ethics, you can bet Wargaming wants to play safe and sound in this advent calendar. They figured that not selling Defender now is less of an hassle than the disappointment some players have than when it is not sold. So, it will be a reward tank in the future or maybe it will be sold on next year's calendar.

But since you've gone and bought it, you should be exactly the person who would understand why "crybabies" are disappointed...of course for you this means nothing that it's not sold , you already have it! :D

Personally, I'm glad...I dont have it but i'm just entering tier 8 with 6 tier 8 heavy tanks that I need to grind...so the less those things, the better.

Would I buy it myself now? Probably, but I'm not in a rush. I rather grind these 6 tanks through first anyway.

heIIvis #316 Posted 08 December 2017 - 07:43 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27751 battles

View PostVedrano, on 08 December 2017 - 06:14 PM, said:

I dont know, whats wrong with you or why you believe seeing crybabys everywhere (tbh you seem to be the only one that comes near to a crybaby while telling us about your few times toptier in 150 battles, but ok). People (like me) are not crying if WG doesnt bring the defender, we are only stating the facts: defender = cash for WG, no defender and/or usual crap premium tanks = no cash for WG. I am not sad if I dont get the defender, I just dont give any money to WG. Complete free of any emotions.

Edited by HELLVIS_666, 08 December 2017 - 07:43 PM.

Sharp1903 #317 Posted 08 December 2017 - 07:48 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 40012 battles
  • [KAZMA] KAZMA
Fix smm tanks pls, If u fix them, we will not need to wait for Defender. Because, its not enjoyable that play against Defender, IS3A, Liberty, Patriot etc. with WZ 111, IS6, 112. 

samolikvidator #318 Posted 08 December 2017 - 08:01 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 17888 battles

View PostTiera_Nieranpoika, on 08 December 2017 - 06:27 PM, said:

Many content creators have called it as a tier 9 heavy tiered in tier 8.

Saying that a tier 8 premium "struggles" against tier 10 is never a very good argument against a tank being OP. Especially now that the MM is balanced in a template form. Bet you've never been in a pure tier 10 match with your Defender? 

It is OP as f*ck and the company itself has admitted that they "overtuned" it and hence now WG has created a bit of an catch-22 from themselves.

Plenty of people will be unhappy if it is sold again because it's OP and not good for the game balance. Plenty of people have reserved money just to buy that "fabled OP" tank and will be unhappy if it won't be sold. F*cked if they do, f*cked if they don't. 

The thing is, that they will probably sell it again next year. It would have been way too blatantly bold cash grab if they would have sold it again now, after this year admitting its too good. They probably don't care much about it, but they did have a pretty big PR fiasco with almost giving one content creator copyright strike for being too insulting on stream and that got a lot of bad rep in the game communities, not just inside WoT.

Now with EA getting a lot of flak for their business ethics, you can bet Wargaming wants to play safe and sound in this advent calendar. They figured that not selling Defender now is less of an hassle than the disappointment some players have than when it is not sold. So, it will be a reward tank in the future or maybe it will be sold on next year's calendar.

But since you've gone and bought it, you should be exactly the person who would understand why "crybabies" are disappointed...of course for you this means nothing that it's not sold , you already have it! :D

Personally, I'm glad...I dont have it but i'm just entering tier 8 with 6 tier 8 heavy tanks that I need to grind...so the less those things, the better.

Would I buy it myself now? Probably, but I'm not in a rush. I rather grind these 6 tanks through first anyway.

Ok so it is op as [edited].then where is justice and balance when someone have it and most of us cant have it.

If you have scale and on one side you put defender,tell me what you need to put on other side of scale to make perfect balance.Yes,another defender.

And for balance you have mm.

Wg have job to make mm good so there is no 3 defender on one team and on other not a single one.

And tell me in tier 10,9 and 8 battle where on one team have maus as tier 10 and on other side you have idk lets say b.c 12 t fresh player should that player have right to say that wg have broken mm,spit and rage on forum bcs mm?

No,he is scout,go scout take same tier oponents,leave mouse other teammates same tier who can fight him.

Same thing is here.you cant say is3 cant fight defender or tiger II or caernarvon or any other tier 8 heavy.

But you all fu#king cry when ppl want defender on sale like he is just go over battlefield and kill all 15 players in every match in any mm.WTF?

If he is so op than remove it from game and return money to people who have it.it is not like wg dont have money.

Alabamatick #319 Posted 08 December 2017 - 08:18 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 31849 battles
Only 10% discount on 131 ?, all the others had bigger reductions, #walletclosed

Havenless #320 Posted 08 December 2017 - 08:20 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 516 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View Postsamolikvidator, on 08 December 2017 - 10:01 PM, said:

Ok so it is op as [edited].then where is justice and balance when someone have it and most of us cant have it.

If you have scale and on one side you put defender,tell me what you need to put on other side of scale to make perfect balance.Yes,another defender.

And for balance you have mm.

Wg have job to make mm good so there is no 3 defender on one team and on other not a single one.

And tell me in tier 10,9 and 8 battle where on one team have maus as tier 10 and on other side you have idk lets say b.c 12 t fresh player should that player have right to say that wg have broken mm,spit and rage on forum bcs mm?

No,he is scout,go scout take same tier oponents,leave mouse other teammates same tier who can fight him.

Same thing is here.you cant say is3 cant fight defender or tiger II or caernarvon or any other tier 8 heavy.

But you all fu#king cry when ppl want defender on sale like he is just go over battlefield and kill all 15 players in every match in any mm.WTF?

If he is so op than remove it from game and return money to people who have it.it is not like wg dont have money.

We'd all(not all I guess, but most including me) love to see Defender nerfed or removed from the game with refunds issued. You know what's the problem? That's not going to happen. Because the Defender is in the game you either suffer from it because you don't own it, or you reap the rewards because you own it.

Call me cynical but if severe balance issues aren't being addressed "cuz we no nerf prem :) " the only adjustment we players can do is to take advantage of the overpowered tanks ourselves. If the overpowered tank isn't going anywhere the next best thing we can do to remain competitive is play it ourselves. It sucks, but it's just the way it is.

There's no point in buying a secondary quality tank like Liberte for 40€ when we know that at some point we're going to get a much better tank for the same price.

View PostAlabamatick, on 08 December 2017 - 10:18 PM, said:

Only 10% discount on 131 ?, all the others had bigger reductions, #walletclosed

It makes more sense to buy the Standard package twice, so the second tank turns into gold and you get 2 Berlin crews instead of 1. The bundle is absolutely not worth it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users