Jump to content


Why do i need so much XP to unlock all BC 12T successors


  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

PeterPan_NL #1 Posted 29 November 2017 - 04:59 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 20155 battles
  • 56
  • Member since:
    11-01-2014

Recently i had a look after playing the BC12t for awhile waht i needed for the next one

I was completely surpirsed for how much XP you have to accumulate.

to get the BC12t you needed 10700

 

for the BC12tAP you need 19800 and then just 200000 for the tier 10 (just a difference of 200)

for the AMX30 you need 197300 and then 180100 for the AMX30b (lesser then for the tier 9)

for the AMX1390 you need 189900 and then for the AMX13105 you need 261000

to me i think these values for the tier 9 ones are a little too much and need to be lowered a bit

So you need to get a lot of xp in this tank to unlock all three lines 

 

even when compared to some other lights (bulldog to  T49 needs 177000)

 

or do i see this completely wrong.

 

 

 

 



KillingJoker #2 Posted 29 November 2017 - 05:10 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 32011 battles
  • 1,299
  • [-EXC-] -EXC-
  • Member since:
    09-07-2015

View PostPeterPan_NL, on 29 November 2017 - 04:59 PM, said:

Recently i had a look after playing the BC12t for awhile waht i needed for the next one

I was completely surpirsed for how much XP you have to accumulate.

to get the BC12t you needed 10700

 

for the BC12tAP you need 19800 and then just 200000 for the tier 10 (just a difference of 200)

for the AMX30 you need 197300 and then 180100 for the AMX30b (lesser then for the tier 9)

for the AMX1390 you need 189900 and then for the AMX13105 you need 261000

to me i think these values for the tier 9 ones are a little too much and need to be lowered a bit

So you need to get a lot of xp in this tank to unlock all three lines 

 

even when compared to some other lights (bulldog to  T49 needs 177000)

 

or do i see this completely wrong.

 

 

 

 

 

Because its a tier 8 tank, and to unlock tier 9s, you have to grind a certain amount of exp, despite you have to research 3 of them in the same tank...

 

 



RamRaid90 #3 Posted 29 November 2017 - 05:14 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 20535 battles
  • 6,276
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

Bulldog to T49 = 1 tank.

 

BC 12T to AmX 30, AMX 13 90, and BC 25T AP = 3 seperate tanks.

 

Is this really that hard for you to figure out?


Also the XP requirements to research the next tank on a line always depend upon the module research on the current tank. The more modules you have to research, the less XP you need to the next tank.


Edited by RamRaid90, 29 November 2017 - 05:15 PM.


OneSock #4 Posted 29 November 2017 - 05:14 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 33847 battles
  • 1,662
  • [BBMM] BBMM
  • Member since:
    06-06-2011

i was like 80% to the AMX30 at the time of the split and now I just CBA to train a new crew on the BC12t just to finish it off. it's not just the crew and remaining XP, I have to spend XP on the 12t modules too !

 

balls. to. that.



UrQuan #5 Posted 29 November 2017 - 05:41 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 19387 battles
  • 6,106
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-19-2011
On a different but related note, why are so much folks suddenly playing this line? I mainly started it because i had a good french crew & the reworked ELC isn't tickling my funny bone anymore, so grinding to have fun with autoloaders at higher tiers.

Codename_Jelly #6 Posted 29 November 2017 - 05:45 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 16404 battles
  • 5,056
  • Member since:
    08-04-2013

View PostUrQuan, on 29 November 2017 - 04:41 PM, said:

On a different but related note, why are so much folks suddenly playing this line? I mainly started it because i had a good french crew & the reworked ELC isn't tickling my funny bone anymore, so grinding to have fun with autoloaders at higher tiers.

 

Because it was TOTT

UrQuan #7 Posted 29 November 2017 - 06:08 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 19387 battles
  • 6,106
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-19-2011

View PostCodename_Jelly, on 29 November 2017 - 05:45 PM, said:

 

Because it was TOTT

 

Oh true, feel free to slap me, I had a serious case of the dumb.

 

Regarding OP, I noticed the french light line has a few cross-paths to other tech trees, explains the high XP costs (it shows up in other nations as well, where tank unlocks can cross tech trees, especially if they go to a different class)



Desyatnik_Pansy #8 Posted 29 November 2017 - 06:28 PM

    Bartender

  • Player
  • 15484 battles
  • 25,641
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

View PostUrQuan, on 29 November 2017 - 04:41 PM, said:

On a different but related note, why are so much folks suddenly playing this line? I mainly started it because i had a good french crew & the reworked ELC isn't tickling my funny bone anymore, so grinding to have fun with autoloaders at higher tiers.

 

I started grinding it because the 13 90 Actually looks fun now and was enjoyable to play on the Test a few times. Though I still probably won't ever get to it, since it's Tier IX And the BC 12t looks like it will be incredibly frustrating to play. :P

Codename_Jelly #9 Posted 29 November 2017 - 06:30 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 16404 battles
  • 5,056
  • Member since:
    08-04-2013

View PostUrQuan, on 29 November 2017 - 05:08 PM, said:

 

Oh true, feel free to slap me, I had a serious case of the dumb.

 

Regarding OP, I noticed the french light line has a few cross-paths to other tech trees, explains the high XP costs (it shows up in other nations as well, where tank unlocks can cross tech trees, especially if they go to a different class)

 

hehe, we all been there mate

Enforcer1975 #10 Posted 29 November 2017 - 07:03 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 20435 battles
  • 10,516
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-04-2014

View PostUrQuan, on 29 November 2017 - 05:41 PM, said:

On a different but related note, why are so much folks suddenly playing this line? I mainly started it because i had a good french crew & the reworked ELC isn't tickling my funny bone anymore, so grinding to have fun with autoloaders at higher tiers.

 

View PostCodename_Jelly, on 29 November 2017 - 05:45 PM, said:

 

Because it was TOTT

 

View PostUrQuan, on 29 November 2017 - 06:08 PM, said:

 

Oh true, feel free to slap me, I had a serious case of the dumb.

 

Regarding OP, I noticed the french light line has a few cross-paths to other tech trees, explains the high XP costs (it shows up in other nations as well, where tank unlocks can cross tech trees, especially if they go to a different class)

 

Funny thing...i didn't realize it was TOTT when i bought it. Just wanted a line to grind and that was the next best one where i already had a crew prepared.

Dzekas #11 Posted 29 November 2017 - 09:23 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 20221 battles
  • 47
  • Member since:
    12-31-2012
Cause WG developers don't know how French tree looks like. They seem to be unaware that there are three missing medium tank tiers. Or they use it to sell three French tier8 premiums.

_Anarchistic_ #12 Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:03 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 36445 battles
  • 1,081
  • Member since:
    01-07-2015

one of two reasons, take your pick

 

1-  its OP as Fxxx, speed, camo, gun handling, dpm, alpha.  For a tier 5 tanks its awesome

2-  WG are useless, incompetent and have no idea its a game that is supposed to be enjoyable with no respect for their customers



vixu #13 Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:24 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 41863 battles
  • 3,149
  • Member since:
    03-19-2011
Well, AMX 1390 feels like the better t9 light of them all at least for me. However, I have to say that tier 10 lights EXP cost is way too overpriced. Mind you, french are not the most expensive.

Codename_Jelly #14 Posted 30 November 2017 - 01:47 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 16404 battles
  • 5,056
  • Member since:
    08-04-2013

View Postvixu, on 29 November 2017 - 10:24 PM, said:

Well, AMX 1390 feels like the better t9 light of them all at least for me. However, I have to say that tier 10 lights EXP cost is way too overpriced. Mind you, french are not the most expensive.

 

Yep, they really shadowed artillery which used to be top of the xp extortion meter.

Balc0ra #15 Posted 30 November 2017 - 02:24 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 64272 battles
  • 15,370
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostPeterPan_NL, on 29 November 2017 - 04:59 PM, said:

 

even when compared to some other lights (bulldog to  T49 needs 177000)

 

or do i see this completely wrong.

 

 

It's not how much it cost to unlock the next tank you should look at. It's how much the modules cost that you should look at.  Take the RU. You only need the track and engine. Gun and turret is already there. That's 50K xp to get all the modules. Vs the T49 that has about 100K in modules to unlock, inc a turret and a 52K xp gun to get. Thus the Sheridan costs 220K  and the tier X German light cost 298K.

 

Bulldog has a turret upgrade. And a that adds an extra 15K. The 12t don't. But the gun, engine and tracks costs more or less the same on the 12t as on the Bulldog. But since he has to waste more time to get all the modules. So the next tank unlock is a bit cheaper on the LT line for it then.



LeGod7 #16 Posted 30 November 2017 - 10:18 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 847 battles
  • 162
  • Member since:
    12-24-2014

View Postvixu, on 29 November 2017 - 11:24 PM, said:

Well, AMX 1390 feels like the better t9 light of them all at least for me. However, I have to say that tier 10 lights EXP cost is way too overpriced. Mind you, french are not the most expensive.

 

I'm pretty sure they did that on purpose because a huge portion of players would have had the tier 8 lights that became tier 9s, so they introduced new tanks into the game, but loads of people were already at tier 9 towards those new tanks.

 

So the usual free XP to the new tanks crowd were unlikely to dump so much free XP conversion, so they just bumped the XP costs up massively to encourage this. 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users