• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

straszny_cienias #1 Posted 29 November 2017 - 10:31 PM

General

• Player
  • 64617 battles
  • [_CHS_] _CHS_

Hi folks,

New "fair play policy" strike came today. It's a pity that they happens so rarely. But this time... I am a bit confused. On Polish forum there are some players arguing that they used only pure XVM downloaded directly from XVM homepage. Credible playes - old forum guys. Can it be? Is XVM banned now? Do you know similar cases?

Ps.

No, I am not banned. Just asking, cos i use XVM and find it useful. And no, I don't use XVM for colours. I use it of a lot of other stuff like filters, clock, carousel, minimap, locking of gold and free exp, zoom customization spotted count... Except XVM i use only Jimbo's tank coloured icons.

UrQuan #2 Posted 29 November 2017 - 10:37 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 19453 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Here's a tip: cheaters don't tell the truth. If you cheat, you have no intent on playing fair & thereby have no intent for honesty either They just come to the forums to get sympathy, to look innocent & make WG look like the big bad evil. If XVM was illegal, then many more people would be banned.

Do note it is VERY important to erase your modpack at every update & download the new modpack version every time form the offical maker's site. This is because of updates on the fair policy that can ban previous approved modifications. Mod-pack makers that care about their customers will then update their modpack asap. hence why it is important to erase your old version each time & download a new version each time at each update, to be sure.

While no system is perfect, I feel WG is being very cautious with bans for illegal mods, simply due to the low number that get banned each time during a banwave, compared to the high number of mod-users.

ExclamationMark #3 Posted 29 November 2017 - 10:44 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16775 battles

I would love if that was true, but no, it's not illegal. Unfortunately. 

Just to be specific because for some reason you always need to in regard to XVM, I have no issues with the non-stats side of the mod. 

Homer_J #4 Posted 29 November 2017 - 10:50 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28712 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostUrQuan, on 29 November 2017 - 09:37 PM, said:

Here's a tip: cheaters don't tell the truth. If you cheat, you have no intent on playing fair & thereby have no intent for honesty either They just come to the forums to get sympathy, to look innocent & make WG look like the big bad evil. If XVM was illegal, then many more people would be banned.

This is it, they could be telling the truth and WG got it horribly wrong but if that was the case I expect we will see a lot more posts and not just in one language section.

So far it's been about normal for a ban wave in the English section.  The usual spate of "I used illegal mods and was banned but I only used them because everyone else does" posts.

250swb #5 Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:09 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 22614 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
XVM isn't illegal, but it is the start of the slippery slope.

TsundereWaffle #6 Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:11 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27161 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD
Would be quite amusing to see people with XVM getting banned

ExclamationMark #7 Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:15 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16775 battles

View PostTsundereWaffle, on 29 November 2017 - 11:11 PM, said:

enjoyable*

straszny_cienias #8 Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:17 PM

General

• Player
  • 64617 battles
  • [_CHS_] _CHS_

View PostUrQuan, on 29 November 2017 - 10:37 PM, said:

Here's a tip: cheaters don't tell the truth. If you cheat, you have no intent on playing fair & thereby have no intent for honesty either

That's clear for me. I always laught when i read a cry of a innocent cheater. "I use no mods at all", "i never used tundra mod"... But now it's different. This time all complaints are the same: "i used only pure XVM downloaded from XVM page. And, as mentioned, one of banned is known forum dude I trust. If i take into consideration WG special ability - to make bugs in simplest things I can't exclude they just failed again.

View PostHomer_J, on 29 November 2017 - 10:50 PM, said:

but if that was the case I expect we will see a lot more posts and not just in one language section.

That's exactly why i am asking here.

View PostTsundereWaffle, on 29 November 2017 - 11:11 PM, said:

For me rather pathetic. I know almost everyone associates XVM with WN8 colors only, but there is a lot of great ideas too. Some of them were that good that they are a part of vanilla client now. It would be enough to eliminate in battle stats, wouldn't be?

Edited by straszny_cienias, 29 November 2017 - 11:18 PM.

vixu #9 Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:21 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 42563 battles

XVM might be useful, but playing w/o it is totally possible. Stopped deploying it long time ago and it actually more enjoyable to play, when you don't know the odds. 

btw, zooming is something that might be considered as illegal.

Fewt #10 Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:30 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 5711 battles

I stopped using it since it was making me think toxic before the match even began. I don't want to know the win chance or the stats of players, because "tomatoes" sometimes can really play well. And XVM made me have an opinion of them before we even played together.

I do use a performance indicator mod for myself. Seeing how good I'm doing during the round.

Edited by Fewt, 29 November 2017 - 11:31 PM.

Phobos4321 #11 Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:31 PM

General

• Player
  • 43226 battles

View PostExclamationMark, on 29 November 2017 - 11:15 PM, said:

enjoyable*

coming from the dude with his xvm stats in the sig. ?

Tomotorqemada #12 Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:32 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16313 battles

View Poststraszny_cienias, on 29 November 2017 - 11:17 PM, said:

That's clear for me. I always laught when i read a cry of a innocent cheater. "I use no mods at all", "i never used tundra mod"... But now it's different. This time all complaints are the same: "i used only pure XVM downloaded from XVM page. And, as mentioned, one of banned is known forum dude I trust. If i take into consideration WG special ability - to make bugs in simplest things I can't exclude they just failed again.

For me rather pathetic. I know almost everyone associates XVM with WN8 colors only, but there is a lot of great ideas too. Some of them were that good that they are a part of vanilla client now. It would be enough to eliminate in battle stats, wouldn't be?

thats all quite strange. i sure use mods whic change the horrible visual and audial parts of the PI. Moreover having played on the realistic sound pack getting back to the deaffault is not rly thinkable. Crosshairs should be simply plugged into the PI - witha sparate folder labeled 'crosshairs' etc Some of them are rly substantially more enjoyable than the ehh default. Same has to be done with the garages. Costs nothing, simplifies many things.

ExclamationMark #13 Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:39 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16775 battles

View PostPhobos4321, on 29 November 2017 - 11:31 PM, said:

Are you thick?

Let me answer that, yes you are.

TsundereWaffle #14 Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:40 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27161 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

View PostPhobos4321, on 29 November 2017 - 11:31 PM, said:

those aren’t xvm stats. xvm is a mod which, amongst one of it’s features, shows a players stats in game.

his signature is a graph thingy showing his wn8 rating and other stats, nothing to do with xvm besides stats. But then again, i guess everything has to do with xvm then since the battle counter under your name is also a stat, and the amount of posts ;)

Schepel #15 Posted 29 November 2017 - 11:46 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 59630 battles

View Post250swb, on 29 November 2017 - 11:09 PM, said:

XVM isn't illegal, but it is the start of the slippery slope.

What nonsense.

Dislike does not equal illegal, or anything close to it.

fnaves_POR #16 Posted 30 November 2017 - 12:37 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 62416 battles

XVM is ok but u should not be allowed to see opposite team status, arty always target best players 1st  and when u have 3 arties u are done, unicons and toons will do the same.

To the player brings a misconcenption how game will flow and many people will give up before the clock stops, i prefer not to use but some of the features seem to be cool and should be part of WOT.

HF

Codename_Jelly #17 Posted 30 November 2017 - 12:38 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 16404 battles

Do people get banned in one wave then its over or does it go on for a few days because this news is quite concerning, I am using XVM for the following

3 Row Garage (Thinking of going to 4)

Gold/Free XP Locker

Default buy for credits

Auto crew return

Currently all is fine but it still has me concerned if this turns out to be true.

Edited by Codename_Jelly, 30 November 2017 - 12:39 AM.

SCOLANATOR #18 Posted 30 November 2017 - 12:42 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 20431 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN

View Poststraszny_cienias, on 29 November 2017 - 09:31 PM, said:

Hi folks,

New "fair play policy" strike came today. It's a pity that they happens so rarely. But this time... I am a bit confused. On Polish forum there are some players arguing that they used only pure XVM downloaded directly from XVM homepage. Credible playes - old forum guys. Can it be? Is XVM banned now? Do you know similar cases?

Ps.

No, I am not banned. Just asking, cos i use XVM and find it useful. And no, I don't use XVM for colours. I use it of a lot of other stuff like filters, clock, carousel, minimap, locking of gold and free exp, zoom customization spotted count... Except XVM i use only Jimbo's tank coloured icons.

I only use XVM and I wasn't banned. It would be completely out of order to ban paying players for using a legitimate and legal mod. My money is that these players are lying.

UrQuan #19 Posted 30 November 2017 - 12:50 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 19453 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Poststraszny_cienias, on 29 November 2017 - 11:17 PM, said:

I understand & that's good you're asking & honestly, you started the thread with a nice question & without accusation. And yes, mods did bring in many good things as well, as WG has implemented several mod features into the vanilla client (the double line tank caurrousel, the vision/render/camo lines, the last spotted markings etc)

But on trusted forum folks, sadly you can never be sure. On the english forum, we had a poster who was very much against cheats, being very vocal about it. Till he posted a replay, where he accused someone of cheating. While the accused turned out innocent (just a case of lucky aim), the accuser was very clearly using a bona-fide aimbot, causing quite the uproar on the forum, as he was always so vocal against cheats. The witch-hunting was real.

So yea, never trust anyone. people that cheat won't tell the truth & will always try & look innocent. This is also why, if you are truly innocent, make sure you got replays on, so you can share them to the community readily, to show nothing illegal was going on.

Can the system make errors? No doubt, but the majority of those are likely old modpacks that people didn't delete fully that contained mods that got ruled to be illegal & got left out in updated modpacks (but stayed in the old & people didn't erase it properly or worse,  just copy/pasted their modpack into the new patch folder.

I very much doubt that using the very popular mods & modpacks causes you to get banned, as then there would be much more an uproar about it on the forums. Just make sure you clear out the old modpacks after every update & download the newest version directly from the makers & not through a third party site, as they could have an otudated version, or worse, have messed with it, adding extra mods 'for more choices/options'

Edited by UrQuan, 30 November 2017 - 12:53 AM.

Balc0ra #20 Posted 30 November 2017 - 12:51 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66269 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View Poststraszny_cienias, on 29 November 2017 - 10:31 PM, said:

Hi folks,

If they did, then suddenly a majority of the game would be banned. As most used xvm just for the garage tools with the stats off to more so then people running with stats etc. So I highly doubt that. And if they did, considering how many use it. I suspect WG would make a statement about it, and news would spread rather fast about it. As none of the wot blogs knows about it even.

And if they are banned, and know they cheated. Most would still argue that they never did and say "I only used XVM". Just to get WG to "realize" their mistake and lift the first ban from them. As we have seen old forum guys here get banned to and claim that they are innocent until WG or someone else found proof of their foul play. Credible or not, I'm sure WG would have their reasons. I could see one guy get mistakenly banned for XVM alone, but more then a few?

Also tagged with xvm, ban

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users