Jump to content


LT8 for Obj


  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Bucifel #1 Posted 30 November 2017 - 12:32 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 27780 battles
  • 1,373
  • [3NRGY] 3NRGY
  • Member since:
    03-18-2013

what i miss here?

is translation wrong..?

Spoiler

 

so..this mission require to participate on enemy base cap and win or reset 60 cap points. In my description i dont see that i need 60 cap points too...only 60 defense points if i defend and reset cappers.

So..is that description incorrect and another evidence of WG laziness or why i didnt completed my mission?


Edited by Bucifel, 30 November 2017 - 12:36 AM.


Balc0ra #2 Posted 30 November 2017 - 12:42 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 62857 battles
  • 14,469
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

This is why it's usually more clever to run an English client vs your native tongue. As we see it all the time. Heck even my language was full of mistakes in the translation vs English when I changed to check.  WG Laziness? Well... I suspect most translates are not in house, and it's not easy to cross check it if you don't speak the lingo considering how many languages there are playing the game.

 

English versions reads as follows

 

"Participate in a successful capture of a base OR reset the enemy capture points of your/neutral base, earning 60 base points"

Basically, get a 60 cap or 60 base reset and win.



C4BAL #3 Posted 30 November 2017 - 12:43 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 24292 battles
  • 61
  • Member since:
    01-10-2014

View PostBucifel, on 30 November 2017 - 12:32 AM, said:

what i miss here?

is translation wrong..?

Spoiler

 

so..this mission require to participate on enemy base cap and win or reset 60 cap points. In my description i dont see that i need 60 cap points too...only 60 defense points if i defend and reset cappers.

So..is that description incorrect and another evidence of WG laziness or why i didnt completed my mission?

You need either 60 cap points and a successful cap or 60 defender points. Your replay result only shows 49 cap points. As 49 < 60 you didn't complete the mission. Very simple. 



Homer_J #4 Posted 30 November 2017 - 12:46 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 27094 battles
  • 27,749
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

It's pretty clear in the WoT Assistant app, although I'm not sure that's been updated for the recent changes.

 

It says 60 base capture points or 60 base defence points.

 

View PostBalc0ra, on 29 November 2017 - 11:42 PM, said:

 

"Participate in a successful capture of a base OR reset the enemy capture points of your/neutral base, earning 60 base points"

 

Even a native English speaker (i.e. me) can read that two ways.  You could consider it is non specific on the capture points.

 

The app wording is...

 

Quote

Participate in a successful capture of a base while earning at least 60 capture points, or reset the enemy capture points of your/neutral base while earning at least 60 base defence points.

That's properly unambiguous.



Bucifel #5 Posted 30 November 2017 - 12:49 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 27780 battles
  • 1,373
  • [3NRGY] 3NRGY
  • Member since:
    03-18-2013

so its just a WG fail how i expected...again :facepalm:

 

thx



Balc0ra #6 Posted 30 November 2017 - 12:58 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 62857 battles
  • 14,469
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostHomer_J, on 30 November 2017 - 12:46 AM, said:

Even a native English speaker (i.e. me) can read that two ways.  You could consider it is non specific on the capture points.

 

True, but it does say base points at the end. Not capture points specifically. But I see why some might make that confusion to. 



Spurtung #7 Posted 30 November 2017 - 05:32 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 60179 battles
  • 5,532
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View PostBucifel, on 30 November 2017 - 01:49 AM, said:

so its just a WG fail how i expected...again :facepalm:

 

thx

 

I don't understand your language (or even recognize it) but I can clearly see a 6 followed by a 0 in that text.

RaxipIx #8 Posted 30 November 2017 - 06:27 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 27360 battles
  • 819
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    02-22-2016

It's Romanian and it's pretty clear what the mission requirements are. Either get 60 cap points and win, or get 60 decap points and win.

Sitting in the cap and getting x cap points then leaving it and reseting the cap for less then 60  does not work,



Bucifel #9 Posted 01 December 2017 - 01:25 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 27780 battles
  • 1,373
  • [3NRGY] 3NRGY
  • Member since:
    03-18-2013

View PostRaxipIx, on 30 November 2017 - 06:27 AM, said:

It's Romanian and it's pretty clear what the mission requirements are. Either get 60 cap points and win, or get 60 decap points and win.

Sitting in the cap and getting x cap points then leaving it and reseting the cap for less then 60  does not work,

 

if you dont understand just dont post :)

 

last words from this description says "

"castigand cel putin 60 de puncte de aparare"

that menas:

"winning at least 60 defence points"

 

so nothing about 60 capture points, only about 60 defence points.

 

 


Edited by Bucifel, 01 December 2017 - 01:26 AM.


Spurtung #10 Posted 01 December 2017 - 05:39 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 60179 battles
  • 5,532
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View PostBucifel, on 01 December 2017 - 02:25 AM, said:

 

if you dont understand just dont post :)

 

last words from this description says "

"castigand cel putin 60 de puncte de aparare"

that menas:

"winning at least 60 defence points"

 

so nothing about 60 capture points, only about 60 defence points.

Let me get this straight.

 

You just said "if you dont understand just dont post" to someone and then proceeded to translate the mission's text.

According to your own translation, the mission needs "at least 60 defence points".

 

Did't you just come here with 49 capping points wondering why the mission wasn't completed? Forgetting the fact it's a bad translation from WG, you literally called someone stupid while wondering why a mission wasn't completed when you didn't even meet the requirements you thought it had.

 

What the actual f...


Edited by Spurtung, 01 December 2017 - 05:40 AM.


Bucifel #11 Posted 01 December 2017 - 02:53 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 27780 battles
  • 1,373
  • [3NRGY] 3NRGY
  • Member since:
    03-18-2013

View PostSpurtung, on 01 December 2017 - 05:39 AM, said:

Let me get this straight.

 

You just said "if you dont understand just dont post" to someone and then proceeded to translate the mission's text.

According to your own translation, the mission needs "at least 60 defence points".

 

Did't you just come here with 49 capping points wondering why the mission wasn't completed? Forgetting the fact it's a bad translation from WG, you literally called someone stupid while wondering why a mission wasn't completed when you didn't even meet the requirements you thought it had.

 

What the actual f...

 

and you cant understand even what i say in english...:facepalm:

 

in replay and print i got 49 CAPTURE points, not DEFENCE points.

or you dont know what means defence points? Means reset points...those points what you get when you reset allied base.

Here my description require 60 points on defence only, reset...however you want to say, and not on cap.



CmdRatScabies #12 Posted 01 December 2017 - 02:59 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 35204 battles
  • 3,569
  • Member since:
    10-12-2015

View PostBucifel, on 01 December 2017 - 02:53 PM, said:

 

and you cant understand even what i say in english...:facepalm:

 

in replay and print i got 49 CAPTURE points, not DEFENCE points.

or you dont know what means defence points? Means reset points...those points what you get when you reset allied base.

Here my description require 60 points on defence only, reset...however you want to say, and not on cap.

 

Oh I get it.  You bought the full 30minute argument not the 5min.

Spurtung #13 Posted 01 December 2017 - 04:04 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 60179 battles
  • 5,532
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View PostBucifel, on 01 December 2017 - 03:53 PM, said:

View PostSpurtung, on 01 December 2017 - 05:39 AM, said:

Let me get this straight.

 

You just said "if you dont understand just dont post" to someone and then proceeded to translate the mission's text.

According to your own translation, the mission needs "at least 60 defence points".

 

Did't you just come here with 49 capping points wondering why the mission wasn't completed? Forgetting the fact it's a bad translation from WG, you literally called someone stupid while wondering why a mission wasn't completed when you didn't even meet the requirements you thought it had.

 

What the actual f...

 

and you cant understand even what i say in english...:facepalm:

 

in replay and print i got 49 CAPTURE points, not DEFENCE points.

or you dont know what means defence points? Means reset points...those points what you get when you reset allied base.

Here my description require 60 points on defence only, reset...however you want to say, and not on cap.

I don't know if I can make it any more simple, but I'll try.

 

You know the text says 60 defence. You did 49 capture. You wonder why it isn't done.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users