Arty Strategic sight for colorblind

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Bacnaw #1 Posted 30 November 2017 - 01:53 AM

Private

• Player
  • 12653 battles

Hey guys,

I've had a mod once that turned my arty sight dots into turquoise or torkoise.

Cant seem to find that mod again. I'm having a really hard time sometimes to see the dots over gras or other bushes.

Can anybody help me with this? Is there a way to edit some file or dl a mod I havent found yet?

Thanks in advance,

Balc0ra #2 Posted 30 November 2017 - 02:06 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66549 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
I thought the colorblind settings in the game already did change anything red to turquoise etc. Inc sights. Tho I don't use it to know if it works on the arty.

Bacnaw #3 Posted 30 November 2017 - 10:09 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12653 battles

As far as I can see the only thing that changes when I select colorblind mode in settings is the contour of the enemy tanks is now blue instead of red.

But thats the only thing. Not even the map border is changed from red to anything else.

All text in game in panels or whatever is stil red. The dots for using strategic view for artys is stil red when loading and green when ready. 

Being colorblind myself is anoying for me but nothing more. In this game however I get a headache when i play arty and have a lot of green maps. 

This being said, I cant even find a settings page for the arty view. So whats up with that WG?

Is it so much to ask for to be able to adjust these settings per player through a settings pane?

Srry getting a little salty here. :)

Now I know there have been mods to change this, but I cant find any that still work.

Does anybody know of a solution for this?

Thanks again.

Balc0ra #4 Posted 30 November 2017 - 11:56 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66549 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Issue is that there has been so many mircopatches this patch trowing mods off. So finding one that still works might be tricky. Tho google for "The sight Harpoon – Mod battle interface"... iirc they had a colorblind option for arty even. Tho it used to have some extra sight info, not sure if it's legal or not anymore. But they might have changed that if it's just reload etc now. But just search for it and check if it's legal or not first still.

Tho as for map borders. I've not seen a mod for that in ages.

Edited by Balc0ra, 30 November 2017 - 11:58 PM.

Bacnaw #5 Posted 01 December 2017 - 02:58 PM

Private

• Player
  • 12653 battles

Thanks for your reply m8.

I'll check it out and let ya know. 

Bacnaw #6 Posted 02 December 2017 - 12:47 AM

Private

• Player
  • 12653 battles

I've found it and tried different versions of their arty sights. Its just that non of them change the colour of it.

I still think, seeing its not the sight itself I want to change, there's probably a file I need to change with the correct colour code.

It used to be in the protanki modpack but it aint anymore. Thanks anyway. I'll keep looking for a solution. 

Balc0ra #7 Posted 02 December 2017 - 03:04 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66549 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostBacnaw, on 02 December 2017 - 12:47 AM, said:

I've found it and tried different versions of their arty sights. Its just that non of them change the colour of it.

I still think, seeing its not the sight itself I want to change, there's probably a file I need to change with the correct colour code.

It used to be in the protanki modpack but it aint anymore. Thanks anyway. I'll keep looking for a solution. 

Oh, they used to be a fan fav among the color blind before. But it if did not fix what you wanted... You should ask in the mod section if anyone knows what you should look for. I'm sure someone there can show you how to fix what you want yourself. For all I know, you can fix it with notepad++ if you know what to look for. Like you can with most stuff here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users