VK 30.02 M is it a sniper, brawler or rammer tankuu?

petite panther vk 3002 M tier 6

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

komunistu33 #1 Posted 30 November 2017 - 11:26 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8093 battles

Hi, I just got myself the other tier 6 German MT, the VK 30.02 M. Looking at its gun stats it appears to be a sniper/medium range support tank, at least that's how I've been playing it on open maps or in bottom tier. Even though it only has only 5mm more pen than the Cromwell's gun it seems way better in every regard requiring little to no gold usage.

I've only battled 23 times in it and did well playing the support/sniper role but it feels like chai-sniping even though I got the WR to back up the WN8 (mostly luck I think). Am I playing it right, should I be more aggressive in it when bottom tier? Also, is it a good ramming tank since it leads up to the E 50M?

mvdt #2 Posted 30 November 2017 - 11:48 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 39274 battles
  • [FLEXR] FLEXR

Hi,

I did play it, long time ago, so I dont know how i would play it anymore.

I got this from the wiki: http://wiki.wargamin...ank:G96_VK3002M

This tank is a sniper and flanker hybrid. The armor while bouncy, is not thick enough to block the majority of tier VI weaponry. Brawling should be avoided when possible due to fairly low alpha damage and low armor. Hulldown is effective. The turret while not being the smallest target has a very high tendency to bounce shots at long ranges, and the L/70 will make short work of most tanks. Angling is not very effective due to the paper thin 40mm side armor, but can be used against small caliber guns to increase the chances of a bounce. Also due to the fairly large profile, one has to take extra time to make sure the bush they are sitting in (if abusing camo skill and nets) is big enough to hide the entire tank. It is also very hard to avoid enemy fire, since the tank is somewhat large for a medium (comparable to a small heavy), meaning that the only ways to take fire is in a hull down (moderately bouncy turret), or when angled properly with the lower plate preferably hidden (assuming the gun is a low end tier V or most tier IV guns, as anything with more then 130mm of penetration will go through the tank regardless of angle unless it gets a lucky bounce)

The top gun is quite potent and capable of penetrating most tier VI and some VII tanks frontally. Alpha damage is lacking but the gun offers fairly high DPM with the top turret. Sniping is very good with this tank as the L/70 has the accuracy to hit weakspots up to a range of about 300m and has enough penetration as to allow penetrations to the front of most tanks.

Overall this tank is quite similar to the pre 8.8 VK 30.01 (H), with good maneuverability, much better hull armor, slightly worse turret armor, having access to the same guns, sans the 8.8cm KwK 36 L/56, and overall allowing the use of similar tactics. Anyone who enjoyed the VK 30.01(H) will most likely enjoy this tank. It should also be noted that this tank plays quite similarly to a historically accurate version of its child and successor, the Panther I, though the Panther historically was used more for sniping, and of course weighed more.

Still, take into consideration that the tank is designed for sniping or long range attacks. While close up flanking may be a viable tactic, it makes more sense to start out taking long range shots at exposed enemies, letting your team soak up damage.

Hope you learn a bit more about it with this.

mvdt

KillingJoker #3 Posted 30 November 2017 - 12:22 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33316 battles
  • [-EXC-] -EXC-
Its just a proper version of the Panther 

ZlatanArKung #4 Posted 30 November 2017 - 12:36 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles
It can do all 3.

TungstenHitman #5 Posted 30 November 2017 - 12:49 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22200 battles

Yup, yup and... yup. Fine tank, one of my favorites, haven't played it much lately due to grinding higher tier mediums and other life obligations but I re-bought it after the patch, like historically icon tanks and really like the Panther from WW2. Unfortunately the Panther in this game, when fully upgraded, has some oddball turret that makes it look nothing like the iconic Panther we've all come to know from WW2 docs so to get that look with a fully upgraded tank, you actually need to the VK2M.

Here is a replay of mine answering all 3 of those questions. It's a YouTube conversion via the wotreplay site-> YouTube option which makes games look like using some aimbot or something so just ignore that, during all replays the tanks are outlined in red before I can autolock but give these guys any reason to cry and they will lol. You will see a bit of brawling and sniping and ramming.. 

The VK2M(Panther prototype) and the Panther which was this tank when finalized, is a big girl, every bit as big the Tiger1 so you can really smash tanks to bits by ramming them and you definitely should use this tactic where possible. The Germans defined tanks by the guns rather than the weight most the time. The Tiger1 was called a heavy tank because it had an 88mm cannon and the Panther was called a medium tank because it had the smaller caliber 75mm cannon but they weighed about the same and arguably the Panther was better because it was no smaller than the Tiger, had much better sloped front armor unlike the Tigers flat armor and the Turret was  bouncy too, but early mantlet bounced shots down into the hull if the lower section was hit which was later changed to a flat bottom section.

ignaskarate #6 Posted 26 January 2018 - 04:43 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 10362 battles
  • [WOTFK] WOTFK
In tier 6 tank go brawl and shoot all you meet in your way, ofc need some carefull aproach to kv2 and OI, in 7-8 tiers more sniping. In 8 tier i did few times over 2000dmg, i think for 6 tier pew pew gun with 135 avg dmg its not so bad. With optics and vents, tank is one of best spotter on 6 tier. You can compare 6 tier medium VK30.02M and 7 tier light AMX1375 with similar crew skills and similar equipment has same 416 spot range. Usualy i go brawlling in tier6 and get there also get a lot spotting damage. In small maps possible to be best spotter. If you meet Kv1 KV85, T34-85, T37, Vk30.01P, they are melting over heat of 3,5sec reload gun. With enemy who has better penetration tanks i can advice play more from your turret and hide hull. KV3, OHO, ONI, usually are not problem if you can shoot in their sides

Uebergewicht #7 Posted 26 January 2018 - 05:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11702 battles
Yeah its a pretty good allrounder for the tier, as long as you dont trade 1 for 1 with higher alpha tanks. Decent mobility, armor, gun... It´s not a pure sniper-supporter as the Panther after it and the dpm are not that insane, but yeah, generally I´d say this thing can do all of the medium things decently.

CptBarney #8 Posted 26 January 2018 - 05:42 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 18996 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

View PostTungstenHitman, on 30 November 2017 - 11:49 AM, said:

but they weighed about the same

No they didn't. The panther 1 weighed 44.8 tonnes roughly. The tiger 1 was 54 tonnes to 57 tonnes depending on the model.

besides that you are right about the tank itself anyways.

Edited by CptBarney, 26 January 2018 - 05:43 PM.

Afdass #9 Posted 27 January 2018 - 09:14 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12980 battles

Enjoyed the VK while played it. Supporting, brawling (not quite played the rammer role) and it worked fine for me. Guess the fact of having a turret that could magically bounce something made me enjoying it (forget that ugly tumor at the top of the turret, noone needs to know).

In the other hand, hating the Panther now. Pretty much the same tank, the same gun, the same armor, 1 tier higher. At tier 6 that could work, but at tier 7 for me is impossible with such a stupid annoying low potential gun.

_T_1_T_4_N_0_ #10 Posted 27 January 2018 - 10:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31300 battles
  • [SQCI] SQCI
I have played far too much T6 SH in the Crommie and the Crommie is a great tank but its gun handling at times just drives me nuts.
I prefer the VK bit slower, cammo is relative dirt though but actually it can compete.
Needs a good crew though where BIA, vents and clutch braking will help up close when been circled.
4 skills/perks now and because of BIA really needs 4, but yeah the slight distinctions of the VK can make it stronk. 
My clan scoffed at me when I first said there are a lot of positions 1-on-1 with a crommie I can make the VK win.
It worked out quite well as ended up 1-on-1 with the anti VK FC saying "This will prove a point".
Was quite amusing as the crommie tried to trade with both of us hull down and got raped.

VK quite a nice tank prob weaker than mobile play Cromie but prob the 3rd best T6 if you play it right, behind the cromie and the T34-85M but close.
Its one of the first tanks you can actually start making hull down and angling really work for you especially in the right terrain. 

Edited by DumbNumpty, 27 January 2018 - 10:49 PM.

ignaskarate #11 Posted 29 January 2018 - 05:55 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 10362 battles
  • [WOTFK] WOTFK

View PostAfdass, on 27 January 2018 - 08:14 PM, said:

Enjoyed the VK while played it. Supporting, brawling (not quite played the rammer role) and it worked fine for me. Guess the fact of having a turret that could magically bounce something made me enjoying it (forget that ugly tumor at the top of the turret, noone needs to know).

In the other hand, hating the Panther now. Pretty much the same tank, the same gun, the same armor, 1 tier higher. At tier 6 that could work, but at tier 7 for me is impossible with such a stupid annoying low potential gun.

One of the worst games in a panther-2 shots done, lost all hp and then comes the t54ltw and rams my 18 hp to death. DMG done? 658 surprise mother faka :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users