LT-15 for Stug question

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

RambunctiousRat #1 Posted 30 November 2017 - 11:49 AM

Private

• Player
  • 7562 battles

Hi folks,

I've recently returned to the game after a long break and have been slowly working my way through the Stug campaign missions. I've managed to complete the TD and Arty ones with honours and the heavy and medium tank ones without honours, but I can't get close to doing 3000 combined damage for LT15. I don't have a light tank above tier 5 at the moment which is obviously not going to help and I'm still learning where to go to spot (although a lot of maps don't seem to offer much if any spotting opportunities) but wondered which light tank line I should focus on in order to stand the best chance of completing this mission (and also for the other campaigns). I was working on the Chaffee line and have finally managed to get 6th sense on the commander which helps, but I'm starting to think the French line might be a better option. I did think about buying the type 64, but then I'd be starting from scratch with a fresh crew and no 6th sense.

Thanks

Rat

DuncaN_101 #2 Posted 30 November 2017 - 11:54 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 51861 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
Type 64 is a blast too play tho if you are decent enough with the light class

With a crew booster you will get the skills up pretty quickly as well.

I can't say much about the yank light line since I don't have it.
I have been doing all my light missions in the type 64 and the ru.
Both seem to be working well for me

DuncaN_101 #3 Posted 30 November 2017 - 11:56 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 51861 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
Sorry double post

Edited by DuncaN_101, 30 November 2017 - 11:58 AM.

undutchable80 #4 Posted 30 November 2017 - 12:00 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 6326 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I completed mine in the T71 DA. Since you are already on the chaffee, you could keep going. Dont think you will manage it with the T37 either, since you need some luck with team composition, map & bottom tier game. At T7 in a T9 game, there will be plenty of HP to farm from, either by direct dmg or spotting / tracking dmg. At this point I wouldnt sweat chasing that mission though; work on your crews and keep grinding. Keep the mission in the back of your mind though, might get lucky.

Oh and this weekend will be 2x crew xp weekend, so a great opportunity to improve your crews!

Tomotorqemada #5 Posted 30 November 2017 - 12:01 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 13268 battles
МТ-25 shall do well

Mimos_A #6 Posted 30 November 2017 - 12:26 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21286 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L
French line is a blast, but I find the viewrange a bit meh, so if you need 3k spotting it's maybe not the best option. You're probably unlikely to get the mission done at tier 5, maybe you can do it at tier 6 if you're lucky on Prokh or Malinovka. The higher the tier, the higher the hp pool. I'd say tier 7 and 8 is the sweetspot for light tank missions; you actually have good viewrange yourself, in the right MM not everyone has great viewrange already and there's enough HP to get a lot of assist damage. Type 64 is a blast btw, so if it's on sale definitely pick it up. Since it remained unchanged after the light tank changes it's very powerful, is great for crew training for the amazing chinese light tanks and it's just a ton of fun.

Edited by Mimos_A, 30 November 2017 - 12:28 PM.

Temid23 #7 Posted 30 November 2017 - 12:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 50822 battles
  • [G-STR] G-STR

Its more the matter of getting right map and half competent team. I done first 3 LT15 missions in t54 ltw when it was tier 8 tank with active spotting and LT15 for obj260 in tier 9 wz on Malinovka by passive spotting middle. Had some 8k spotting games in t54 ltw on Prokhorowka also.

Probably tier 9 ligths is your best bet.

Edit: below tier 7 every light with okeish crew might work. I would probably pick t64 if i had to do it in tier 6 but it really might be easier to just grind higher tiers.

Edited by Temid23, 30 November 2017 - 12:57 PM.

commer #8 Posted 30 November 2017 - 12:55 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38080 battles

How much in a hurry you are? Maybe wait for the advent calendar and try to get 13 57 which will probably be sold. I did STUG + t28htc + T55a missions in it in 3 days. Only for obj260 missions you need a t10 light. 

Overal which line you want depends on how high you want to go. If only to t8 US is best for spotting. If higher go FR or RU.

TungstenHitman #9 Posted 30 November 2017 - 01:16 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 18619 battles
  • [TKSV] TKSV
You probably don't want to be spending money yet if you are only just returning and discovering if you will bother staying or even like how this game is and plays right now. The Chaffee, pre light tank patch, was as you'll remember, one of the best if the best view ranges at tier5 and had better view range than most tanks had several tiers above it. The Chaffee the ELC were the main workhorses for me at the time and actually those two still have the best view range for light tanks at tier5 along with the Leopard which I also used, all at 360m as standard, very bad now tbh BUT you can still use it to get the job done on various maps. If you manage to get to a forward position unseen to camp bush and deploy binocs, then your Chaffee with vents and binocs will be a fairly decent 460m view range, enough to spot heavies at 445 max view range and even negate some tanks with better camo values still at 445, Prok, Fiery Salient and it's twin.. Karelia.. there are a lot of maps to this actually and even some of the slightly more difficult maps its possible while on the move with optics and only 400 view range. In fact I completed my LT15 on El Haluf, I basically raced to the village in the valley, team cleared and killed the tanks in the area and I then raced up right under that TD nest and drove either side of it over and back when tanks tried to flank me, obviously got spotted when they tried, and my teammates picked them off... obviously you need some teammates that have half a brain but you know... it's possible lol

Long_Range_Sniper #10 Posted 30 November 2017 - 01:29 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 29441 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostDuncaN_101, on 30 November 2017 - 10:54 AM, said:

Type 64 is a blast too play tho if you are decent enough with the light class

Agreed. Maybe see what comes out of the compensation for the chat debacle. If it's another female crew member you could put here in there as a commander with sixth sense. You also then have a commander/tank for the next missions as well.

View PostTomotorqemada, on 30 November 2017 - 11:01 AM, said:

МТ-25 shall do well

Good choice.

View PostMimos_A, on 30 November 2017 - 11:26 AM, said:

French line is a blast, but I find the viewrange a bit meh, so if you need 3k spotting it's maybe not the best option.

ELC with middle gun, binos and cam net. Then you just need the right map, learn the spotting bushes and rack up some early spotting damage. Then clean up the last damage at the end of the game.

View Postcommer, on 30 November 2017 - 11:55 AM, said:

How much in a hurry you are? Maybe wait for the advent calendar and try to get 13 57 which will probably be sold. 

I'm not certain it will be sold again. It's my go to tank at the moment to give Wargaming the middle finger over their MM changes. It's so OP as a tier 7 light I can't see WG selling it again.

An autoloader with 195 premium penetration, 8 rounds a clip, 14 seconds for a full clip reload, 2.0s aim time, and you can ramp it up to 2000 DPM at tier 7..............:trollface:

MeetriX #11 Posted 30 November 2017 - 01:50 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 18576 battles

Like Temid23 said, right map and team and you do not have to do nothing.

My easiest Ace ever.

Tier 5, MM 5/10, 3k spotting.

Mimos_A #12 Posted 30 November 2017 - 01:52 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21286 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

View PostLong_Range_Sniper, on 30 November 2017 - 01:29 PM, said:

ELC with middle gun, binos and cam net. Then you just need the right map, learn the spotting bushes and rack up some early spotting damage. Then clean up the last damage at the end of the game.

Sure, it's totally possible, I've done 3k spotting in the Chaffee as well. But if you want to eliminate the luck and right map factors a bit more higher tiers really help, if only for the increase in hitpoints available. It's just easier and requires less ideal circumstances if you're spotting for tanks with higher alpha firing at tanks with more HP.

Long_Range_Sniper #13 Posted 30 November 2017 - 01:54 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 29441 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostMimos_A, on 30 November 2017 - 12:52 PM, said:

Sure, it's totally possible, I've done 3k spotting in the Chaffee as well. But if you want to eliminate the luck and right map factors a bit more higher tiers really help, if only for the increase in hitpoints available. It's just easier and requires less ideal circumstances if you're spotting for tanks with higher alpha firing at tanks with more HP.

I agree. Totally doable at tier V. The only advantage of tier VI with the Type 64 is you can get tier VIII games and that makes it easier to spot the higher damage. A type isn't too expensive either, and is a great all round tank.

RambunctiousRat #14 Posted 30 November 2017 - 02:09 PM

Private

• Player
  • 7562 battles

Thanks for all the feedback folks, I'll continue with the Chaffee and the French line for now and see how I get on. If we do get another female crew member then I will pick up the Type 64 and put her in that. For now I'll just keep learning how to play lights and hoping that I get Malinovka or Karelia or one of the variants rather than the constant rotation of city maps I seem to get!

Cheers

Rat

Dr_Oolen #15 Posted 30 November 2017 - 02:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20231 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

With luck and knowing what youre doing the 15th stug mission can be done on t5, but there you are basically at the mercy of getting malinovka/prokhorovka and both teams playing precisely in such a way as to allow you to do the spotting, so were talking about, given your experience, probably 200+ games in t5 lights to do that. Id say it doesnt really matter at all which light you have. Chaffee of the t5s would probably be the best as thats the one which can do damage more reliably than the others.

On t6 youre again basically looking at getting malinovka/prokhorovka where doing 3k combined in a t6 light should basically happen on first attempt when you get those maps. So 0-100 games, depending on how soon MM decides to give you one of those maps. Given your experience (and probable lack of crews) id not expect to do the 3k combined on other maps though, maybe on 2-3 more like erlenberg/redshire/sand river

On t7 doing 3k combined is a matter of maybe 20 games total at maximum even for not experienced/average players. imo, Maps dont matter at that point )much), neither does tank choice.

Edited by Dr_Oolen, 30 November 2017 - 02:14 PM.

Long_Range_Sniper #16 Posted 30 November 2017 - 02:12 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 29441 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostRambunctiousRat, on 30 November 2017 - 01:09 PM, said:

Thanks for all the feedback folks, I'll continue with the Chaffee and the French line for now and see how I get on. If we do get another female crew member then I will pick up the Type 64 and put her in that. For now I'll just keep learning how to play lights and hoping that I get Malinovka or Karelia or one of the variants rather than the constant rotation of city maps I seem to get!

Cheers

Rat

If you want to toon in lights at tiers V/VI to learn some good passive spotting locations then PM me if I'm online. I'm grinding Obj 260 light missions at the moment. There are plenty of good light players in the forumites channel as well. PW - play4fun.

Mimos_A #17 Posted 30 November 2017 - 05:19 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21286 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

View PostRambunctiousRat, on 30 November 2017 - 02:09 PM, said:

Cheers

Rat

Haha I feel you man. Played 10 games in lights today, 7 city maps and then Mountain Pass, which is almost worse than a city map ;) But just keep playing will and your mission will happen. For me personally, the best way to get the missions done is to not focus on them too much, it's just too frustrating and gets you down when you get the wrong map/team/whatever. Just play to have fun and when you get the right circumstances and you play well, they'll happen.

Tomotorqemada #18 Posted 30 November 2017 - 05:27 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 13268 battles

View PostLong_Range_Sniper, on 30 November 2017 - 02:12 PM, said:

If you want to toon in lights at tiers V/VI to learn some good passive spotting locations then PM me if I'm online. I'm grinding Obj 260 light missions at the moment. There are plenty of good light players in the forumites channel as well. PW - play4fun.

catch thee up onat

Aikl #19 Posted 30 November 2017 - 05:27 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25141 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

The best piece of advice is not to stress with the mission parameters and don't disregard doing the mission despite getting a crappy map. 

(The StuG LT-15 doesn't have any 'forced' parameters, i.e. you don't really have to pay focus on surviving if you want to it with honours. For other missions it can be useful to get the mod that informs you if you've fulfilled mission conditions, though it's of course not entirely reliable.)

Tomotorqemada #20 Posted 30 November 2017 - 05:50 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 13268 battles

View PostRambunctiousRat, on 30 November 2017 - 02:09 PM, said:

Cheers

Rat

I was lucky to get to tier 6 soviet LT when it was still an old tech line. T-50 was tier 4 (where it actually belongs, lol) and went right after T-46. I was reading some fora then and saw that people were moaning bout t-46 being a Tank of pain etc etc. I think it was a bomb, my first ace and a triple ace afterwards. It didnt have a plasma cannon then as far as I remember. T-50 was just a buffed version of t-46 though not as funny. Then a long suffering through t-5 med t-34 (i know many love it but mm made it one big bad). And then MT-25 is like the proper ideas of t-46 taken to tier 6. Mb things have changed but it used to have wonderful dynamics, good  traction, maneuver, was a good rammer (esp once ure lucky 2 have the corresponding skill). Actually it was so lovely that on buying the LTG I comissioned a 2nd light crew for it and kept the mt-25 too. A decent gun unless the Artificial Idiot matches you with t8. 

was my 3d month of the game tho

Spoiler

PS i even managed some SV climbs in it)))

Edited by Tomotorqemada, 30 November 2017 - 06:10 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users