LT PM Lines

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Dava_117 #1 Posted 30 November 2017 - 12:31 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19480 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Hi guys. I would ask for a suggestion about light tanks. 

As someone of you may know, I'm mainly an heavy tank player, but PM have mission for each class so I can learn how to use other class too. 

The problem is this: there is a passive spotting mission in LT's set, that require cammo net and cammo paint for secondary condition. If I did understand well, WG will gift us 9 bucket of paint for the new system of cammos, so I want to apply it on a good LT, to fullfill this requirement once and for all. So my question is, wich tank would suggest me to apply it to, so that I can do the mission for all the 4 campains?

I am grinding several LT lines:

-German (Leopard)

-Soviet (MT-25)

-French ( Elc, AMX12t, 1375)

-American (M5 stuart)

From this line, in your opinion wich tank should be the best? Or should I start a new one?

Thank you for the suggestion!

:)

Edited by Dava_117, 30 November 2017 - 12:33 PM.

The_Georgian_One #2 Posted 30 November 2017 - 12:38 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36611 battles
  • [KOFN] KOFN
Considering current state of light tanks, I'd recommend French line. Once you get to 13 90 you will have a tank to complete all the missions with.

TheOneAboveAII #3 Posted 30 November 2017 - 12:41 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14336 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT
The mission requires normal cammo...the one you can already get...not the paints that wg will introduce later...now as for the tank...if you want to just sit and sleep in a bush...any light can do that...but the best scout...remember...scout, not light tank...the best scout in the game at the moment is t-100lt...that will be until wg will introduce the new tier 8 french premium light tank...forgot the name....but if u want a tank to scout and deal damage as well...if u are good with autoloaders...amx 13 105...if not...the wz-132-1 or if u want something with a better gun but worse cammo...the sheridan.

Edited by TheOneAboveAII, 30 November 2017 - 12:43 PM.

RaxipIx #4 Posted 30 November 2017 - 12:44 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30149 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

Forget American and German. You need a combination of good gun and good camo,  so it's either French or Chinese.

To be honest the 13-75 is enough to get you all the missions up to the OBJ 260.

I would only pick the Russian line if you intend to grind it up to tier 9-10, French and Chinese can do almost all the missions with the tier 7 tank.

Edited by RaxipIx, 30 November 2017 - 12:46 PM.

Dava_117 #5 Posted 30 November 2017 - 12:46 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19480 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostTheOneAboveAII, on 30 November 2017 - 12:41 PM, said:

The mission requires normal cammo...the one you can already get...not the paints that wg will introduce later...now as for the tank...if you want to just sit and sleep in a bush...any light can do that...but the best scout...remember...scout, not light tank...the best scout in the game at the moment is t-100lt...that will be until wg will introduce the new tier 8 french premium light tank...forgot the name....but if u want a tank to scout and deal damage as well...if u are good with autoloaders...amx 13 105...if not...the wz-132-1 or if u want something with a better gun but worse cammo...the sheridan.

So you think that the mission requirement will change with the new costumization system?

BTW, thanks for the suggestion, I really like how T-100 looks! :)

TungstenHitman #6 Posted 30 November 2017 - 01:30 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22190 battles

The American LTs after tier5 get rather tall, big and ungainly so I never felt performed the roll of ghost recon particularly well and more of a fast support tank for getting around the map quickly and reacting to areas that need assistance, never really the actual scout... they're just too big, too tall and camo ain't great so they get spotted vs the LT that is small, low profile and a Romulan cloaking device for camo. 

Edit- The T49 is a REALLY nice tank though! But I play it with the 90mm, not the derp. The 90mm has insane DPM, nice handling, best standard pen for tier9 LT and just reliable damage rather than some RNG lotto, drive into the tank practically derp LOL gun. This is tier9 however and a LOOOOOooooooooong way off so don't look passed the tier6-8

I'd agree with the above recommendations that the French are probably the better choice for spotting and remaining unseen since they have amazing camo values.. not the best view range though.. so its a case of can you get close enough so you CAN spot the targets with the inferior view range vs just how good your camo is to remain unseen while getting that close.. The French lines lead to really great higher tier options too, I'm currently grinding through the tier8 B-C... also these autoloaders have played pretty much exactly the same tier to tier thus far so you don't have to learn how to play a totally different tank and just continue to hone your skills and experience with the same tank and playstyle pretty much. This is always more efficient than having to learn a whole new tank and playstyle and a painless transition through the tiers.

Don't discredit the German light tanks either though, I have found them to be good scouts, great camo and excellent view ranges, the HKS has probably the best of all for its tier and the previous tier SP l C was a very similar tank so again it's a pretty painless transition between those two and you eventually unlock 2 choices, I just finished this grind and went with the tier9 Leopard MT... just waiting on a discount to buy it :)

Edited by TungstenHitman, 30 November 2017 - 01:33 PM.

Dr_Oolen #7 Posted 30 November 2017 - 01:46 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21827 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
WG isnt going to give you anything in the new system. And you can buy all the camos for credits for 7 days already and unless im mistaken its only the stug mission that requires you to have camo on the tank and that can be done in any t4 light tank in the game, except for amx 40 i guess. In t5 you would have to literally try not to do those stug missions to be able not to complete them by randomly playing (excluding the 15th mission and to some extent the 14th i think, those arent exactly doable on t5 unless you have good crews and know what you are doing.

Dava_117 #8 Posted 30 November 2017 - 01:52 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19480 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostDr_Oolen, on 30 November 2017 - 01:46 PM, said:

WG isnt going to give you anything in the new system. And you can buy all the camos for credits for 7 days already and unless im mistaken its only the stug mission that requires you to have camo on the tank and that can be done in any t4 light tank in the game, except for amx 40 i guess. In t5 you would have to literally try not to do those stug missions to be able not to complete them by randomly playing (excluding the 15th mission and to some extent the 14th i think, those arent exactly doable on t5 unless you have good crews and know what you are doing.

I readed it on the article on the official page, but may be there is a translstion error...

BTW are you sure that is just for stug? I have a summer cammo on my ELC, so I can do it in it.

Dr_Oolen #9 Posted 30 November 2017 - 02:00 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21827 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

View PostDava_117, on 30 November 2017 - 01:52 PM, said:

I readed it on the article on the official page, but may be there is a translstion error...

BTW are you sure that is just for stug? I have a summer cammo on my ELC, so I can do it in it.

LT-12 for stug has condition of spotting 250 while not being spotted, secondary is to have camo net and camouflage on tank. No other mission for LTs has any condition requiring camo net/camo paint.

Getting 250 spotting unspotted can be done easily on every possible tier. Even if you had trouble on t4-5 theres literally no way youd be unable to do it on t6/7 which you have access to and you can buy camo for t7 tonk for 7 days for 17500 credits, so some 52k total for summer/winter/sand.

Edited by Dr_Oolen, 30 November 2017 - 02:01 PM.

TheOneAboveAII #10 Posted 30 November 2017 - 02:10 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14336 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT

View PostDava_117, on 30 November 2017 - 12:46 PM, said:

So you think that the mission requirement will change with the new costumization system?

BTW, thanks for the suggestion, I really like how T-100 looks! :)

Jeez...I literally told u that the mission requires normal cammo...the one that has been in the game since f-cking ever...not the new paint from the test server...and no...the mission requirment won't change...because those paints do not offer any cammo bonus.

Dava_117 #11 Posted 30 November 2017 - 02:42 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19480 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostDr_Oolen, on 30 November 2017 - 02:00 PM, said:

LT-12 for stug has condition of spotting 250 while not being spotted, secondary is to have camo net and camouflage on tank. No other mission for LTs has any condition requiring camo net/camo paint.

Getting 250 spotting unspotted can be done easily on every possible tier. Even if you had trouble on t4-5 theres literally no way youd be unable to do it on t6/7 which you have access to and you can buy camo for t7 tonk for 7 days for 17500 credits, so some 52k total for summer/winter/sand.

There should definitely be some strange errors. My client said 1500 or 1250 spotting, you said 250 and wot assistant says 500. BTW, thank you for the info. :)

View PostTheOneAboveAII, on 30 November 2017 - 02:10 PM, said:

Jeez...I literally told u that the mission requires normal cammo...the one that has been in the game since f-cking ever...not the new paint from the test server...and no...the mission requirment won't change...because those paints do not offer any cammo bonus.

I didn't mean the fantasy series, but the hystorical one. On the article is said that we will recieve 9 cammos (for hull, turret and gun for each type of biome). Those cammo will provide concielment. It also says that old paintings will be substituted, except the permanent one bought. So the old cammo won't be there anymore, that is why I'm asking.

_Anarchistic_ #12 Posted 30 November 2017 - 03:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38818 battles

View PostRaxipIx, on 30 November 2017 - 12:44 PM, said:

Forget American and German. You need a combination of good gun and good camo,  so it's either French or Chinese.

To be honest the 13-75 is enough to get you all the missions up to the OBJ 260.

I would only pick the Russian line if you intend to grind it up to tier 9-10, French and Chinese can do almost all the missions with the tier 7 tank.

​have to disagree, I found the entire Russian line great, but not consistent in gameplay.  for example the tier 8 LTTB plays very different to tier 7 LTB.  But  I imagine I did  90% of my missions with this line and it is great fun and easy to play and learn the play style

LeGod7 #13 Posted 30 November 2017 - 03:57 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 847 battles

Any but I'd reckon French or Chinese as they have better camo levels than the Germans/US. Plus the autoloaders provide lots of end game punch. 

Russians are a bit of a mixture, though LTTB, T-54 ltw and T-100 are all fun tanks. 

Getting a tier 10 will help a lot in any of the higher damage/high spotting damage ones because they can get all tier 10 games, have higher damage potential and can get into Grand Battles. 

LT-15 used to be a nightmare, but now they have changed it to damage + spotting and we have tier 10 lights, 8k combined damage is a good game in a tier 10 light, rather than an exceptional one in a tier 8 light of old. 

leggasiini #14 Posted 30 November 2017 - 04:00 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 14232 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
T-100 LTWT is best pure scout in the game. Other than that, Russians and French are probably the best with Chinese being fairly good too. 

Hedgehog1963 #15 Posted 30 November 2017 - 04:08 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 51283 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY
I "Did" LT-15 for the HTC in my LTTB when it was at Tier VII and it was enough to have "done" it for the T55A.  Good concealment, maxed out view range and sit and spot on the west side of Prokhorovka or Fiery Salient.  I didn't even realise that my own damage would count so it was all spotting. 

Codename_Jelly #16 Posted 30 November 2017 - 04:15 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 16404 battles

View PostTungstenHitman, on 30 November 2017 - 12:30 PM, said:

The American LTs after tier5 get rather tall, big and ungainly so I never felt performed the roll of ghost recon particularly well and more of a fast support tank for getting around the map quickly and reacting to areas that need assistance, never really the actual scout... they're just too big, too tall and camo ain't great so they get spotted vs the LT that is small, low profile and a Romulan cloaking device for camo. 

What ??? T71 is ok but after that I agree.

French Lights are good, I enjoy my 13 90 a lot (Well, I did.  Not played it much since it got bumped up a tier so cannot really comment) and despite them butchering the look of the T71 a while back I still love this tank but anything further feels silly but I have done the large majority of my missions in the T71 as it was the first one I got.  T71 is my most played tank in my garage with 535 games, 55% Winrate and second most played in 13 90 with 401 Games and 57% Winrate.

AMX 13 90 with Camo Crew has a Concealment rating of 35.6

T71 with Camo Crew has a Concealment rating of.......  cannot count this as I was just looking the commander is only at 84% (Damn that Sixth Sense and BIA in the first and second slot lol) but it is at 28.97, I will check in the compare tool and get back to you.

T71 with Camo Crew has Concealment rating of 29.54.

Edit

via compare tool ingame T71 is hte better spotter but the 13 90 has a bit better concealment and the T71 is a tad better in the mobility department.

Edited by Codename_Jelly, 30 November 2017 - 04:22 PM.

Isharial #17 Posted 30 November 2017 - 04:15 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 19810 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

id say the American ones for the spotting, as they have higher view range.. but the frenchies pack more firepower

get both of those and you should be set imo

Codename_Jelly #18 Posted 30 November 2017 - 04:34 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 16404 battles

View PostIsharial, on 30 November 2017 - 03:15 PM, said:

id say the American ones for the spotting, as they have higher view range.. but the frenchies pack more firepower

get both of those and you should be set imo

Indeed

I would avoid the Russian ones as they are like butter tracks on a hot knife, I get really nervous when I am out in my T-54 LW.

TungstenHitman #19 Posted 30 November 2017 - 10:49 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22190 battles

View PostCodename_Jelly, on 30 November 2017 - 03:15 PM, said:

What ??? T71 is ok but after that I agree.

Lol ok, that was on the other US LT line when I was grinding and practically nobody went that route so was making reference to the T37>Bulldog options which are big enough units for light tanks. Don't get me wrong they fine tanks, have probably the best view ranges common to most US tanks and are decent active scouts at times so long as you never stop and always assume you are spotted but for ghosting enemy tank movements and bush spotting... not the best in class.. you can do it but... I wouldn't call it their area of expertise that's for sure

Dava_117 #20 Posted 30 November 2017 - 11:02 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19480 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Thank you all guys. 

Looking at all this suggestion, I will continue the french line more actively, meanwhile I will also continue the road to the T100LT and T49 and hopefully I will git gut on LTs.

Thank you all again! :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users