Possible evolution of Tanks?

For the players Pride Accomplishment

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Dennyb #1 Posted 30 November 2017 - 04:52 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21178 battles

So given the massive deal with EA and loot boxes as a thing recently and how they've started to attach themselves to every game, I'm wondering how long before World of Tanks impliments loot boxes. As is obvious, we as players love our randomised rewards and knowing that WarGaming is a company that holds nothing higher than their players wishes and the game's wellbeing, how long do you think before Tanks gets some loot boxes? I mean, World of Warships already has a form of it with containers so it wouldn't be hard to bring it over here. They could contain things like gold, credits, emblems, equipment, consumables, garage slots, tanks, pay-to-win premium ammo, different tiers of equipment that are only available through rare loot boxes, time limited RNG rewards etc. There's a plethora of exciting things they could do with them. Of course, they would take a while of grinding to unlock since if they were easy there wouldn't be a sense of pride and accomplishment when you receive one. However, in the interest of the players who don't have too much time, you can also just pay for them as you don't want anyone to feel left out of the fun.

Overall, I think it's a great idea that would only add more depth to an already quality, balanced game.

Spoiler

Aikl #2 Posted 30 November 2017 - 05:01 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25141 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Evolution?

WE ALREADY HAVE IT! DUCK AND RUN FOR COVER!!!

Edited by Aikl, 30 November 2017 - 05:02 PM.

Laur_Balaur_XD #3 Posted 30 November 2017 - 05:26 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35365 battles
  • [-WBZ-] -WBZ-

Considering the fact that EA introducing 'loot boxes' in the games mage those games crap, i would say that is the worst idea ever.

Look at how much 'success' had the latest EA game with lootboxes:

http://www.metacriti...-battlefront-ii

I just love how the 'critics' that got paid for positive reviews gave it a 67/100 and the users gave it  0.9/10.... 0.9 :trollface:

Those lootboxes are pure gambling, and i am not looking forward to always gamble for a reward. 

Please no more gambling, the RNG that we get in battle is too much already.

Dennyb #4 Posted 30 November 2017 - 05:32 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21178 battles

View PostIulian_ro, on 30 November 2017 - 04:26 PM, said:

Considering the fact that EA introducing 'loot boxes' in the games mage those games crap, i would say that is the worst idea ever.

It wasn't the loot boxes that gave Star Wars: Battlefront II, another very fun and engaging EA title, bad press. It was the players mistaking randomised fun for pay-to-win mechanics.

Spoiler

spamhamstar #5 Posted 30 November 2017 - 05:56 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 64304 battles
  • [LLAY] LLAY

View PostDennyb, on 30 November 2017 - 03:52 PM, said:

So given the massive deal with EA and loot boxes as a thing recently and how they've started to attach themselves to every game, I'm wondering how long before World of Tanks impliments loot boxes. As is obvious, we as players love our randomised rewards and knowing that WarGaming is a company that holds nothing higher than their players wishes and the game's wellbeing, how long do you think before Tanks gets some loot boxes? I mean, World of Warships already has a form of it with containers so it wouldn't be hard to bring it over here. They could contain things like gold, credits, emblems, equipment, consumables, garage slots, tanks, pay-to-win premium ammo, different tiers of equipment that are only available through rare loot boxes, time limited RNG rewards etc. There's a plethora of exciting things they could do with them. Of course, they would take a while of grinding to unlock since if they were easy there wouldn't be a sense of pride and accomplishment when you receive one. However, in the interest of the players who don't have too much time, you can also just pay for them as you don't want anyone to feel left out of the fun.

Overall, I think it's a great idea that would only add more depth to an already quality, balanced game.

Spoiler

Perhaps they could also have gold coins on the battlefield for players to collect as they play?  I believe this  was quite a successful mechanic in games like mario & sonic.

Did they not already have these with the crimbo boxes last year?

Tidal_Force #6 Posted 30 November 2017 - 06:10 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 16000 battles

View PostIulian_ro, on 30 November 2017 - 04:26 PM, said:

Those lootboxes are pure gambling, and i am not looking forward to always gamble for a reward. 

IIRC some EU countries actually are thinking about throwing games like that under gambling regulations for this very reason. Considering that gambling is under much stricter regulations, that's probably the single fastest way to make publishers stop it with this crap.

Edited by Tidal_Force, 30 November 2017 - 06:11 PM.

nooby1337 #7 Posted 30 November 2017 - 06:14 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 23628 battles
The problem with Battlefront's lootbox system is that it even exists. Free to play games can get away with this concept because well, they are free. At least in the beginning.

AvengerOrion #8 Posted 30 November 2017 - 06:18 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25317 battles

View PostIulian_ro, on 30 November 2017 - 05:26 PM, said:

Look at how much 'success' had the latest EA game with lootboxes:

http://www.metacriti...-battlefront-ii

I just love how the 'critics' that got paid for positive reviews gave it a 67/100 and the users gave it  0.9/10.... 0.9 :trollface:

To be honest, 67/100 is terribly low too for a AAA title, it is basicly a your-game-sucks-score.

A proper paid critics score is atleast 85/100.

LCpl_Jones #9 Posted 30 November 2017 - 09:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8865 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postspamhamstar, on 30 November 2017 - 05:56 PM, said:

Perhaps they could also have gold coins on the battlefield for players to collect as they play?  I believe this  was quite a successful mechanic in games like mario & sonic.

would make an awesome mini game for pz1's, winning team gets to keep the gold they've collected as prizes :teethhappy:

Dennyb #10 Posted 16 December 2017 - 04:48 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21178 battles
Hold on a minute...I made this thread as a joke about the recent cancer of loot boxes in gaming. I didn't mean actually do it, WarGaming...[edited]hell. You were quick.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users