WG, when will you fix the match maker for tier 8?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Tiger_Panzermeyer #1 Posted 30 November 2017 - 05:09 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8225 battles

Wanted to write a thread about tier 8 mm but since i'm too lazy i'm just gonna copy paste it from reddit.

Yes this is the 1000th thread on this topic. And for the 1000th time I have to ask. WG, when will you be addressing the fact that tier 8 is a circus? Where are my top tier matches? Do you honestly believe that this is an acceptable state of the game? Players spend money on buying your tier 8 premium tanks and then face tier 10 tanks 90% of the time. When will you be addressing all this?

_EXODUZ_ #2 Posted 30 November 2017 - 05:15 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34165 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Well, if you would follow this topic you would know that they don't see any significant problems with current MM. Yes, they believe "it's working as intended".

Personally, I agree it's fine as it is, I don't mind fighting against 3(!) Tier 10 tanks. So for me it's not a problem.

What can you do? Either suck it up/adapt or move on to some other games until something changes, but probably it won't.

unhappy_bunny #3 Posted 30 November 2017 - 05:46 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17410 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View PostTiger_Panzermeyer, on 30 November 2017 - 05:09 PM, said:

Wanted to write a thread about tier 8 mm but since i'm too lazy i'm just gonna copy paste it from reddit.

Yes this is the 1000th thread on this topic. And for the 1000th time I have to ask. WG, when will you be addressing the fact that tier 8 is a circus? Where are my top tier matches? Do you honestly believe that this is an acceptable state of the game? Players spend money on buying your tier 8 premium tanks and then face tier 10 tanks 90% of the time. When will you be addressing all this?

so you wanted to write a thread about this, and you copied one from another forum rather than post about your own experiences?

As you only have the one T8 Premium and you only played 56 battles in it, why have you taken it upon yourself to represent others? Surely it would make more sense to put forward your own experiences if you feel there is a problem, I suppose if you start complaining about T8 MM when the tank you are playing is a Jap Heavy, it loses its effect. 

However, I agree that T8 MM does have a problem, probably because a lot of players choose T8 tanks, premium or not, in order to fund their T9 &  T10 tanks, therefore the 3/5/7 split means more T8's are placed in bottom tier position to avoid the T10 & T9 player having longer waits for battles. 

One way to fix that would be for MM to try to fit a full 15v15 same tier first, but then you would probably have a lot of players complaining about lack of variety in their battles. Also, if players go into a battle known in advance that they are most likely to face full teams of the same tier, some may be tempted to pick the most OP tank in that tier, bringing about the chance of facing multiple tanks of the same variety. Would you want a battle of two teams with the majority playing the same tank? 

Most battles I have been in recently, seem to have a reasonable balance of tanks in each team. Occasionally one team may have, for example, 2 heavies and 1 medium as top tier and the other 1 heavy and 2 mediums, but that is then balanced out by the 2nd team having an extra heavy as middle tier. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users