• Please log in to reply
183 replies to this topic

Desyatnik_Pansy #1 Posted 30 November 2017 - 07:04 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 14408 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

I am no longer accepting any requests.

Anyone who was posting on here last year around this time might recognise that I did a skin special last year, where I took one request per person (though some got away with more than one) to make a tank of their choosing either Gold or Silver. Here's a link to the thread, though the downloads are no longer available since I moved over to Google Drive instead of Mediafire for my mods and I no longer have any of those skins and won't recreate them just for the sake of it:

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/605554-forumites-skin-special-this-special-is-now-over-thanks-to-everyone-who-took-part/

Last year however I only did it for like just over a week, from the 23rd to the 1st of January IIRC, though for Dingers I did it for an extra week or two. This year however, I'll be doing it from the 1st of December to the 25th (aka I won't be doing any today for example, even though I posted the thread). Like before, don't worry if you don't receive a skin back from me before the 25th, I'll be finishing all of the requests, I just won't be accepting anything after Christmas day itself (especially considering I have much less time nowadays to do this stuff, I will probably still be doing some well into January).

Alright, now that I've got that stuff out of the way, time to explain how things go again and show what's new. First off, I've changed the appearance of the skins. They will no longer be as saturated and I guess glittery, but I prefer the way they look now as stuff like the dirt or metal on tanks shouldn't also be included in the changes. They also look less pixelated than before, and you won't have to use the Soft Colours filter to get the best appearance from them. To give you an example, here is a comparison between two Gold S. Conquerors, the left being the new version, the right being the old. Let me know what you think.

Spoiler

Additionally, this year will include Bronze as well as another option, but more on that below. You'll see a preview of the Bronze later on in the thread, but for now let's get to the rules. They're the same as last year, but I'll repeat them for obvious reasons:

-only one request per person. This makes it much easier for me and don't worry, all download links will be posted below. That doesn't mean you can't request the same tank as someone else; for example, x requests a Golden STB-1, can request the same tank in a different colour. If perhaps accidentally requests the STB-1 In Gold too, I will inform y that it's already been done and you can request something else.

-HD Models only. SD Tanks just don't work with this. Considering how few tanks are left in SD, this shouldn't be a problem. Oh, and if you want you can also request a skin for one of the HD Models coming with 9.21. Just know that you won't be able to use it in this current patch of course, and I may not be able to really preview it considering when the Test is up or not and yeah, you get the idea.

-no remodels. Sorry to be rude if you wanted say Milkym4n's T-34-3 Model in Gold or something, but I just won't be doing them this year. I don't want to have to get permission from the uploader to do it, and especially with Milky's he is now making UML Necessary for his remodels and I don't want to have to work with something else just for this. Oh, and I don't want to ruin his remodels with these skins. :teethhappy:

-Gold, Silver, Bronze and Copper only. No fancy-schmancy patterns, no combinations of colours, just purely one of these four. Sorry, but again it's just easier for me. Let me know what you feel about the new colours, whether you like the old ones better or these new ones. 

This thread has ended up longer than it really needed to be, for which I apologise, so to end it off I'm just going to post some previews of the new skins and otherwise, download links below as currently, I have already done the S.Conq in all three colours and four of the Chinese high tier Heavies (110 (9.21 Model), WZ-111 1-4, WZ-111 5A and the 113) in again, all three colours. So yeah, previews:

Spoiler

And download links (as well as the list of requests for me to keep track of):

Edited by Desyatnik_Pansy, 17 January 2018 - 10:04 PM.

leggasiini #2 Posted 30 November 2017 - 07:08 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 9510 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

GOLDEN CHI-RI. YOU ALREADY KNOW HOW MUCH I NEED IT.

nao go and make one u pleb

Edited by leggasiini, 30 November 2017 - 07:08 PM.

FluffyRedFox #3 Posted 30 November 2017 - 07:09 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21564 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD
Is this the one time where I get to request the Locust without being hit? :hiding:

leggasiini #4 Posted 30 November 2017 - 07:10 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 9510 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View Postfishbob101, on 30 November 2017 - 08:09 PM, said:

Is this the one time where I get to request the Locust without being hit? :hiding:

ITS NOT A CHI-RI SO NOPE

Desyatnik_Pansy #5 Posted 30 November 2017 - 07:12 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 14408 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View Postfishbob101, on 30 November 2017 - 06:09 PM, said:

Maybe.

Dr_ownape #6 Posted 30 November 2017 - 07:26 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 40613 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

Hey Pansy not seen you around in a while (but then i don't go in the bar).

I suppose i should abuse your good will and ask for...hmm ok Challenger please in bronze - just loving the new 32pdr, it's made it a new tank

Nishi_Kinuyo #7 Posted 30 November 2017 - 07:38 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 6971 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

*clears throat*

On behalf of the asians residing in my basement playing tanks all day for me, I humbly request that the Type 2605 Super-Heavy tank (also known as the O-Ro Kai) be turned into gold.

UrQuan #8 Posted 30 November 2017 - 07:42 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 19049 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

For people who still got last years skins somewhere, I can confirm they still work as long as the tank didn't got a remodel this year. just got to place them in the correct res_mod version folder.

Pansy's 2016 Christmas Golden Maus skin view

PS: If I'm eligible for a skin request. I'd love a bronze version of the KV-4. Really love the work you did & still do with the skins & the fact you offer to do this for the community!

Edited by UrQuan, 30 November 2017 - 07:43 PM.

Desyatnik_Pansy #9 Posted 30 November 2017 - 07:45 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 14408 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostUrQuan, on 30 November 2017 - 06:42 PM, said:

For people who still got last years skins somewhere, I can confirm they still work as long as the tank didn't got a remodel this year. just got to place them in the correct res_mod version folder.

Pansy's 2016 Christmas Golden Maus skin view

It might not look as good this year to some, but perhaps with a little persuasion I might also allow the option of choosing it to appear like last year. However, I do prefer the current version.

Oh, and fun fact. The new colour is actually darker on the skin than the old one, even if it may appear brighter on the final product. It's just the difference in the GMMs, despite how tiny differences they are. :P

Tommy_Atkins_Teapot #10 Posted 30 November 2017 - 07:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20919 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Dearest Desy,

Are you an angel, or father Christmas in disguise ;).

Your offer was greatly appreciated last year by one and all, I cannot believe you have gone forum wide.

Good luck you generous fool you. :amazed:

Can I have a crommie in tomato red? Only joking!!!

Regards

Tommy.

Dava_117 #11 Posted 30 November 2017 - 07:50 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17559 battles
  • [B-BAS] B-BAS

How does the skins works?

(Really nice work, this new metal looks so real! :) )

Pvt_Duffer #12 Posted 30 November 2017 - 07:53 PM

Major

• Player
  • 16404 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Hey Pansy, seasonal sentiments to you.

Glittery worked very well in the Christmas garage, but dialing it back a bit does seem a good idea, they were perhaps a bit too glittery.

May I please have for Christmas a Silver Ind Pz,

aTdHvAaNnKcAe

(There's secretly a part of me that really wants a Golden AMX 13-57 GF, with the go faster stripe livery, as that would be filthy right now, but I will be mostly playing the Ind.Pz so. errrr thanks again:B)

Dr_ownape #13 Posted 30 November 2017 - 07:59 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 40613 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

View PostPvt_Duffer, on 30 November 2017 - 06:53 PM, said:

Hey Pansy, seasonal sentiments to you.

Glittery worked very well in the Christmas garage, but dialing it back a bit does seem a good idea, they were perhaps a bit too glittery.

May I please have for Christmas a Silver Ind Pz,

aTdHvAaNnKcAe

(There's secretly a part of me that really wants a Golden AMX 13-57 GF, with the go faster stripe livery, as that would be filthy right now, but I will be mostly playing the Ind.Pz so. errrr thanks again:B)

dude Indi really.

boy you're going to have a horrible festive period. BTW i managed to never play the indi due to the revamp of the lights a while ago :great:

edit: liking the sig :trollface:

Edited by Dr_ownape, 30 November 2017 - 08:00 PM.

Pvt_Duffer #14 Posted 30 November 2017 - 08:11 PM

Major

• Player
  • 16404 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostDr_ownape, on 30 November 2017 - 06:59 PM, said:

dude Indi really.

IKR.

But...gotta set goals , and aside from the T9 lights, which all got promoted from tier 8 and I am rather fed up with since grinding to get all the free ones, I am at a bit of a loose end.

The IndPz, is only 50K from getting the Leopard PTA, it's not a bad crew (Bia/SS+70% misc), and given the hate for bad payers in high tier games thread recently..

It just seems appropriately cantankerous to fail my way to T10 for Christmas.

It's either that or playing heavies for grind/missions, or going completely left field and trying TDs and SPGs

Edited by Pvt_Duffer, 30 November 2017 - 08:11 PM.

Desyatnik_Pansy #15 Posted 30 November 2017 - 08:22 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 14408 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostDava_117, on 30 November 2017 - 06:50 PM, said:

How does the skins works?

(Really nice work, this new metal looks so real! :) )

As in how do these specific skins work, or just skins in general?

Assuming the former option, it's just like any typical reskin of a tank like my Bronze Green stuff for example but by editing the GMM (somethingsomethingMetallicMap) I can make the tank significantly more shiny, hence I can make it appear Gold, Silver, Bronze or any other similar colour if I tried when otherwise it would just be a really bright yellow or something.

Dava_117 #16 Posted 30 November 2017 - 08:25 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17559 battles
  • [B-BAS] B-BAS

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 30 November 2017 - 08:22 PM, said:

As in how do these specific skins work, or just skins in general?

Assuming the former option, it's just like any typical reskin of a tank like my Bronze Green stuff for example but by editing the GMM (somethingsomethingMetallicMap) I can make the tank significantly more shiny, hence I can make it appear Gold, Silver, Bronze or any other similar colour if I tried when otherwise it would just be a really bright yellow or something.

Actually, I'm new with reskin. I would like a golden christmas KV-4, but not knowing how to apply a reskin.

Did it require some mode, or just an edit of the tank file in some game subfolder?

Edited by Dava_117, 30 November 2017 - 08:26 PM.

Aikl #17 Posted 30 November 2017 - 08:29 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 25141 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

112 in bronze, pretty please? :)

View PostDava_117, on 30 November 2017 - 07:25 PM, said:

Actually, I'm new with reskin. I would like a golden christmas KV-4, but not knowing how to apply a reskin.

Did it require some mode, or just an edit of the tank file in some game subfolder?

UrQuan got a golden KV-4 last year, might be worth asking him for it.

Process only requires copying files into \res_mods, it's not hard. :)

Edited by Aikl, 30 November 2017 - 09:29 PM.

Desyatnik_Pansy #18 Posted 30 November 2017 - 08:35 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 14408 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostDava_117, on 30 November 2017 - 07:25 PM, said:

A reskin would go into the respective game subfolder. Let's use your Golden KV-4 As an example, it would go like this:

WoT Game files (under your Local Disk or whatever and Games or wherever it's installed) -> res_mods -> 0.9.20.1.4 (though skins work with any patch unless that tank is edited) -> vehicles -> russian -> R73_KV4

However, you don't need to worry about most of that. Aside from the S.Conq and Chinese Heavy stuff that I already did, all you will have to do is copy the res_mods folder from the zip you download for the skin into your game files and voila, the pathing is all done for you. You'll only have to change it in the future if the patch changes, say from 0.9.20.1.4 to 0.9.21.

View PostAikl, on 30 November 2017 - 07:29 PM, said:

UrQuan got a golden KV-4 last year, might be worth asking him for it.

UrQuan didn't get a Golden KV-4 Last year, it was still SD Back then. IIRC He didn't request anything last year according to last year's thread.

UrQuan #19 Posted 30 November 2017 - 08:39 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 19049 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
To clear up the confusion, I did indeed request no skin last year (because SD KV-4). However I did use some requested skins from others, leading up with people witnessing me in a Golden Maus & the Silver KV-5 (so shiny, it reflected it's environment!)

Aikl #20 Posted 30 November 2017 - 08:40 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 25141 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 30 November 2017 - 07:35 PM, said:

(...)

UrQuan didn't get a Golden KV-4 Last year, it was still SD Back then. IIRC He didn't request anything last year according to last year's thread.

Must've mixed it up with Jay's KV-5.

Speaking of which, look what I found!

Aikl's silver T69 (SD):

https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

Jay_newb's golden and silver KV-5:
https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

Edited by Aikl, 30 November 2017 - 08:41 PM.

Also tagged with pansy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users