Jump to content


Top of the Tree: FV215b (183)


  • Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 01 December 2017 - 11:05 AM

    Sergeant

  • Content Team
  • 0 battles
  • 22,919
  • Member since:
    11-09-2011
As promised, here's your last chance to get the FV215b (183)!

The full text of the news item

Cobra6 #2 Posted 01 December 2017 - 11:23 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 15619 battles
  • 13,912
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

Yeah I'll skip this one, it's detrimental to high tier gameplay to have a gun which does so much damage and I don't want to add to the problem myself.

 

Much like buying a Defender for instance, sometimes you have to know when to refrain from buying something even though you might want to, for the better of the game in the long run.

 

Cobra 6


Edited by Cobra6, 01 December 2017 - 11:24 AM.


SlyMeerkat #3 Posted 01 December 2017 - 11:29 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 13638 battles
  • 1,220
  • [FILO] FILO
  • Member since:
    01-29-2013
I cant see myself getting it, im currently at tier 6 and boy is the grind for next tank going slow

Holdes #4 Posted 01 December 2017 - 12:15 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 13762 battles
  • 265
  • Member since:
    06-10-2012
And it's not fun either :-).

Tortoise is quite fun though, if used correctly. With top gun, obviously - I haven't even tried any of the stock guns, they must be horrible.

Schemezoid #5 Posted 01 December 2017 - 01:05 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 17656 battles
  • 2,616
  • Member since:
    11-29-2013
Only a crew xp bonus? None for normal xp? nvm then

Echotun #6 Posted 01 December 2017 - 01:08 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 18565 battles
  • 363
  • [FA-1] FA-1
  • Member since:
    03-15-2015

View PostSchemezoid, on 01 December 2017 - 01:05 PM, said:

Only a crew xp bonus? None for normal xp? nvm then

 

You must be new to top of the tree :)

Remarius #7 Posted 01 December 2017 - 02:39 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 3920 battles
  • 5
  • Member since:
    07-05-2011
Grinding the tree atm so very welcome.

stephen_lutton #8 Posted 01 December 2017 - 03:00 PM

    Private

  • Beta Tester
  • 43612 battles
  • 4
  • Member since:
    01-25-2011

One shot camping with gold...  yeah count me in!

 

Who needs a team.  Ill just red line camp for lols.  Winning is for loosers

 



VanGore78 #9 Posted 01 December 2017 - 05:44 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 53595 battles
  • 150
  • [S4-X] S4-X
  • Member since:
    06-22-2013

Sorry to all one-shot-victims....I need the crew experience boosters for the upcoming french HT grind!

 

3-5-7 MM makes this tank so much more enjoyable :)


Edited by VanGore78, 01 December 2017 - 05:45 PM.


Schemezoid #10 Posted 01 December 2017 - 08:10 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 17656 battles
  • 2,616
  • Member since:
    11-29-2013

View PostEchotun, on 01 December 2017 - 12:08 PM, said:

 

You must be new to top of the tree :)

 

Not rlly. Just never understand people's obsession with crew xp. Its not like things matter after your 3th crew skill. And 3 is rather easy to get imo

ticklemonster #11 Posted 01 December 2017 - 11:51 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 48678 battles
  • 1,269
  • [YBB] YBB
  • Member since:
    02-23-2014
I know it is standard in Top of the Tree, but suggesting the top 3 skills for the crew is a bit pointless after 14th December unless you have a crew in the barracks that will go straight into the Badger; as a reward tank, the FV is going to get another vehicles crew who are going to be trained for the primary tank. In many cases the skills will be the ones suggested, although the Deathstar does not perform the Assault Tank role of the other vehicles in the tree from tier V onwards. You will be using either Tortoise or Super Tortoise crew in most cases, and they are likely to be wanting optics and situational awareness to see their enemy at the earliest instance as they roll forward (well, I do anyhoo). The preferable skills to use the 183 will probably be 4th or 5th skillls for some crew members... Having your AT crew(s) skilled up for the Deathstar instead seems a tad foolish.

Ragnaguard #12 Posted 02 December 2017 - 12:11 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 49093 battles
  • 643
  • [MOUFA] MOUFA
  • Member since:
    01-07-2013

these 15 days will be full of sluggish tds!!!!!!

What an opportunity for mediums to get these mt-15 missions that requires x dmg in tds! ;-)



Freg0 #13 Posted 02 December 2017 - 08:00 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 36013 battles
  • 128
  • Member since:
    07-02-2011

View PostCobra6, on 01 December 2017 - 10:23 AM, said:

Yeah I'll skip this one, it's detrimental to high tier gameplay to have a gun which does so much damage and I don't want to add to the problem myself.

 

Much like buying a Defender for instance, sometimes you have to know when to refrain from buying something even though you might want to, for the better of the game in the long run.

 

Cobra 6

 

I totally disagree with you and I will get it today or tomorrow.

This tank has only 1 positivity, its gun. Other than that...

Current high tier medium tanks add 500% more to the problem, than the 183 mm gun.

Current meds are totally broken, not to mention the autoloader guns. Is just insane.

Fv183 has never been a problem in this game, is just a negative hype that this tank has a bad reputation in the community, the crybabies.

Sometimes this tank causes 250 damage, the high damage is rare compared to the low to medioca. Your fear has no true basis.


Edited by Freg0, 02 December 2017 - 08:50 PM.


Xenasys #14 Posted 02 December 2017 - 08:16 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 11297 battles
  • 220
  • [BOF] BOF
  • Member since:
    12-05-2012

View PostCobra6, on 01 December 2017 - 02:23 PM, said:

Yeah I'll skip this one, it's detrimental to high tier gameplay to have a gun which does so much damage and I don't want to add to the problem myself.

 

Much like buying a Defender for instance, sometimes you have to know when to refrain from buying something even though you might want to, for the better of the game in the long run.

 

Cobra 6

 

But dont you mostly play premium tanks so much better for the game :)

etody77 #15 Posted 02 December 2017 - 10:06 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 53224 battles
  • 437
  • [PT-RO] PT-RO
  • Member since:
    09-12-2015
It's a good tank, very hard to play

VanGore78 #16 Posted 03 December 2017 - 09:44 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 53595 battles
  • 150
  • [S4-X] S4-X
  • Member since:
    06-22-2013

View PostFreg0, on 02 December 2017 - 08:00 PM, said:

 

I totally disagree with you and I will get it today or tomorrow.

This tank has only 1 positivity, its gun. Other than that...

Current high tier medium tanks add 500% more to the problem, than the 183 mm gun.

Current meds are totally broken, not to mention the autoloader guns. Is just insane.

Fv183 has never been a problem in this game, is just a negative hype that this tank has a bad reputation in the community, the crybabies.

Sometimes this tank causes 250 damage, the high damage is rare compared to the low to medioca. Your fear has no true basis.

 

If you do 250 damage you do it wrong.

 

Ppl don't know when to use the AP shells with its 310mm Pen...In corridor battles they are insane. Sure if you want to trade HESH vs HE with a type 5 you lose. Load three rounds of AP and finish him. 3 Rounds rounds take out a Maus...

 

310 mm is 11mm more than the standard ammunition of the JPZ E-100...

 

Can't wait for the increased Shell loadout! 8-4-0 is so limited. The HE would be useful to finish off late game one shots without breaking the bank!



Tepach_Svinja_Kaljavih #17 Posted 03 December 2017 - 03:17 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 20477 battles
  • 19
  • Member since:
    06-03-2015
tortoise is so much fun http://prntscr.com/hihh6s

ybsone #18 Posted 03 December 2017 - 03:43 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 20646 battles
  • 88
  • Member since:
    06-07-2012
Awesome

ivanpetroff #19 Posted 04 December 2017 - 09:44 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 36155 battles
  • 197
  • Member since:
    04-15-2013

View Postticklemonster, on 01 December 2017 - 11:51 PM, said:

I know it is standard in Top of the Tree, but suggesting the top 3 skills for the crew is a bit pointless after 14th December unless you have a crew in the barracks that will go straight into the Badger; as a reward tank, the FV is going to get another vehicles crew who are going to be trained for the primary tank. In many cases the skills will be the ones suggested, although the Deathstar does not perform the Assault Tank role of the other vehicles in the tree from tier V onwards. You will be using either Tortoise or Super Tortoise crew in most cases, and they are likely to be wanting optics and situational awareness to see their enemy at the earliest instance as they roll forward (well, I do anyhoo). The preferable skills to use the 183 will probably be 4th or 5th skillls for some crew members... Having your AT crew(s) skilled up for the Deathstar instead seems a tad foolish.

 

Regarding crew and crew skills on FB215B 183 and Badger - all crew will be retrained for free for Badger with free skills reset. The only one to be retrained manually is Radio operator - best to be taken from Tortoise. So situation is not that bad...


Edited by ivanpetroff, 04 December 2017 - 09:48 AM.


the0one #20 Posted 05 December 2017 - 09:07 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 29057 battles
  • 1
  • [CORBU] CORBU
  • Member since:
    04-02-2012
You need 50 wins to get those resourses.What if you dont get them until 14 December?




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users