When Is It Time To Drop Vents For Something Else? Equipment Thread

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

TungstenHitman #1 Posted 01 December 2017 - 03:56 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20700 battles

You guys already enlightened me/others with the benefits of losing the extinguisher slot for food and we touched on the equipment topic slightly in terms of true % returns for each but haven't looked into the consequences for dropping one item for another, the gains vs the losses. So I'd really like to hear some of your experienced insights into when you feel it's a time or a tank or a tier or a playstyle in which, of all the equipment to drop, you chose to drop the vents and knowingly lose that tasty little % of overall performance gains for all your crew?

We work hard to grind crew skills, eventually working our way a very beneficial perk, BIA, so why then rip out or simply never consider a piece of equipment that gives you that same BIA % gain immediately? or even build on that % BIA gain with a vent which combined, would give you the same % gain as food? To say a +10 meter view range is not that important or a +10 meter improvident in camo is not that important.. well, combined that's a 20 meters gained between spotting the enemy sooner than you would and them not spotting you until later that they would, making you, in many cases, unseen, not shot at and given a few seconds to react before engaging or not so.. I'm looking forward to reading the feedback on this. :)

Cobra6 #2 Posted 01 December 2017 - 04:03 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Vents are generally only used on autoloaders as they can't mount a rammer, and on DPM tanks that need maximum DPM for brawling like the STB-1.

Generally setup is:

Single shot tank - Rammer - Vstab - Coated.

Autoloader - Vstab - Coated - Vents.

Thing is that vents give you a small bonus to things whereas the individual modules give you a far larger bonus so it's not beneficial to take vents unless you can't take one of the "Big Three".

Cobra 6

Edited by Cobra6, 01 December 2017 - 04:06 PM.

MarcoStrapone #3 Posted 01 December 2017 - 04:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34057 battles
  • [-GODS] -GODS

View PostCobra6, on 01 December 2017 - 03:03 PM, said:

Vents are generally only used on autoloaders as they can't mount a rammer, and on DPM tanks that need maximum DPM for brawling like the STB-1.

Generally setup is:

Single shot tank - Rammer - Vstab - Coated.

Autoloader - Vstab - Coated - Vents.

Thing is that vents give you a small bonus to things whereas the individual modules give you a far larger bonus so it's not beneficial to take vents unless you can't take one of the "Big Three".

Cobra 6

egld better for auto tanks.

UrQuan #4 Posted 01 December 2017 - 04:09 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 19409 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Most of my tanks tend to have Vertical Stabilizers & Gun rammers fit, save a few exceptions.

The vents equipment is rather tank dependent imo. I usually put it on my heavies with bad view range as third equipment (because a blind tank with optics remains rather blind imo).

If they got good viewrange however, I tend to use optics, as it reduces my dependancy on others to spot my enemies for me. Also helps lighting up the pesky invisible shooter in the endgame.

Cobra6 #5 Posted 01 December 2017 - 04:33 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostMarcoStrapone, on 01 December 2017 - 03:09 PM, said:

egld better for auto tanks.

I would personally go for Super Heavy Spall liner if I were you, or the Suspension Module.

GLD is good on TD's and Arty and low tier DERP's like the KV-2 because they can't mount a Vstab but on pretty much anything else it's a waste of a module slot.

Cobra 6

jack_timber #6 Posted 01 December 2017 - 04:51 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32454 battles
Usually use vents on new crew/tank until I have BiA trained then drop it for rammer or GLD. Shame there wasn't 4 slots as usually like camo net and binos as standard fit out. Drive TDs most of the time:)

MarcoStrapone #7 Posted 01 December 2017 - 05:38 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34057 battles
  • [-GODS] -GODS

View PostCobra6, on 01 December 2017 - 03:33 PM, said:

I would personally go for Super Heavy Spall liner if I were you, or the Suspension Module.

GLD is good on TD's and Arty and low tier DERP's like the KV-2 because they can't mount a Vstab but on pretty much anything else it's a waste of a module slot.

Cobra 6

the problem with auto is the reload between the shells, when you fire at distance.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #8 Posted 01 December 2017 - 05:43 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27537 battles

View PostMarcoStrapone, on 01 December 2017 - 05:38 PM, said:

the problem with auto is the reload between the shells, when you fire at distance.

Depends if your intraclip reload is faster or slower than your aimtime.

AngelofAwe #9 Posted 01 December 2017 - 05:54 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• WGL PRO Player
  • 39030 battles
I've started switching optics off my high view range tanks and taking vents instead. Basically any tank that I achieve 450m or more without optics I'll go vents.
Not necessarily a better option but I feel like I have to do more and more of the heavy work and a small spotting advantage isn't worth it to me anymore. Plus with all the super heavies everywhere I don't need massive view range, I need to shoot more often and more accurately. The maps become less and less suited for spotting as well.

It's not a huge difference but every little bit helps. 

P.S. LTs are of course an exception. Always optics. Autoloaders get optics too since they can't mount rammer.

Edited by AngelofAwe, 01 December 2017 - 05:56 PM.

Maj_Solo #10 Posted 01 December 2017 - 06:11 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 61460 battles
  • [MO0S3] MO0S3

well ..... the boost from coffee or chocolate should be 20% which it is IRL.

boost from stupid english tea should be 5% as IRL

Cinnamon buns are white bread and should also boost 20% but just for a short period after which you get -10% performance from sugar low just as IRL.

We are all real people and we live in the real world and we know that the percentages that WG have for buns coffee chocolate pudding etc those numbers are all false. I dont know what world WG employees live in. :trollface:

TungstenHitman #11 Posted 01 December 2017 - 10:53 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20700 battles

View PostMaj_Solo, on 01 December 2017 - 05:11 PM, said:

well ..... the boost from coffee or chocolate should be 20% which it is IRL.

boost from stupid english tea should be 5% as IRL

Cinnamon buns are white bread and should also boost 20% but just for a short period after which you get -10% performance from sugar low just as IRL.

We are all real people and we live in the real world and we know that the percentages that WG have for buns coffee chocolate pudding etc those numbers are all false. I dont know what world WG employees live in. :trollface:

Lol! no an Irish tank crew would be run on the following for 10% boost

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users