Improvements to the WoT Client for Clans/SH & CW

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

TinmanSAC #1 Posted 01 December 2017 - 06:31 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 23635 battles
  • [SETI] SETI

I thought it might be worth while to collecting some ideas how WG could add improvements to the game to assist clans.

My initial ideas would be things like :-

1) MOTD “Message of the Day” – for Clan Chat

2) More ranks (or maybe different branches of ranks)

a.Would like to differentiate between say CW/SH players & Random only players within the clan.

3) Be able to send/read Messages from the ingame client (Clan member only) from/in the iOS app either individually or by rank or by clan-created groups.

a.See clan chat in the iOS app

4) Be able to mark the mini-map with Heavy, med, Lights, Arty - to help with battle organisation

a.And more accurately than just the Square

5) Assign colours or Letters to identify the team members – Some username are difficult to say clearly. or ability to click a players name and place a marker on the mini-map

6) Better player stats breakdown - no of SH/CW played by Tier, win rate etc, over 30,60 & 90 days, same stats for the commander.

Who has played the most together.

Could then post the list in the game development section or wherever best..

Unkel_Dolan #2 Posted 01 December 2017 - 08:00 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 26849 battles
  • [NOPAN] NOPAN

View PostTinmanSAC, on 01 December 2017 - 06:31 PM, said:

for Clan Chat

what's that?

but yeah, also make it so only commander and FCs can switch people in and out of CW teams, and let them sort tanks in the list by class or drag and drop

Pushing_The_Upper_Plate #3 Posted 01 December 2017 - 08:08 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29309 battles
  • [MEME] MEME

View Postbraintuma, on 01 December 2017 - 07:00 PM, said:

what's that?

but yeah, also make it so only commander and FCs can switch people in and out of CW teams, and let them sort tanks in the list by class or drag and drop

Can be useful but at the same time its sometimes quicker to move themselves from one battle to the next (if you keep the same team for 2 battles)

Unkel_Dolan #4 Posted 01 December 2017 - 09:49 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 26849 battles
  • [NOPAN] NOPAN

View Post_Crusad3r_, on 01 December 2017 - 08:08 PM, said:

Can be useful but at the same time its sometimes quicker to move themselves from one battle to the next (if you keep the same team for 2 battles)

maybe in a clan of normal people, but in a clan of yellow autists like mine you really don't want all the players to be able to move everyone around

FireflyDivision #5 Posted 01 December 2017 - 11:50 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 24208 battles

View Postbraintuma, on 01 December 2017 - 09:49 PM, said:

maybe in a clan of normal people, but in a clan of yellow autists like mine you really don't want all the players to be able to move everyone around

MOTD would be handy, tho.

As for ranks: they can allow the commander to choose/set permissions for each rank.

Edited by FireflyDivision, 01 December 2017 - 11:53 PM.

eldrak #6 Posted 04 December 2017 - 09:53 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 47335 battles
  • [NE-VO] NE-VO

Scheduled CWs and Advances should be visible in garage (without having to click something) as soon as they're set.

If the clan has an active SH team it should be visible in garage without having to switch to that battle type.

You should be able to add custom or set tags to your ingame name visible to clan. That would make it easier to pick players when you have set teams, to see who's FC, to pick players that need points most during campaign, to see which accounts are second accounts etc.

FireflyDivision #7 Posted 04 December 2017 - 11:24 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 24208 battles
Clan commanders should also be able to give -50% RNG to all members who play random battles when there is a CW or SH in progress :P

Swoopie #8 Posted 04 December 2017 - 03:56 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 28355 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

View Postbraintuma, on 01 December 2017 - 09:00 PM, said:

Honestly, this shouldn't be a issue in any half competent clan. 

FireflyDivision #9 Posted 04 December 2017 - 04:17 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 24208 battles

View PostSwoopie, on 04 December 2017 - 03:56 PM, said:

This shouldn't be an issue in any clan (the switching part). Any clan having issues with it is dealing with saboteurs...

Edited by FireflyDivision, 04 December 2017 - 04:18 PM.

eldrak #10 Posted 05 December 2017 - 10:10 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 47335 battles
  • [NE-VO] NE-VO

FC: Move yourself in team!

Players: *clicking themselves*

result: Half click the ones below them as players disappear from the list

mister_duch #11 Posted 05 December 2017 - 04:20 PM

Private

• Player
  • 328 battles
I think WG should give every clan commander 10 obj 907 codes per month so he can give them to players who peform best in CW and SH. This will motivate a lot of players to play better!!!

Edited by mister_duch, 05 December 2017 - 04:21 PM.

FireflyDivision #12 Posted 05 December 2017 - 05:34 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 24208 battles

View Postmister_duch, on 05 December 2017 - 04:20 PM, said:

I think WG should give every clan commander 10 obj 907 codes per month so he can sell them, and create 50 new clans with alt accounts to make an even bigger profit. 

mister_duch #13 Posted 06 December 2017 - 10:02 AM

Private

• Player
  • 328 battles
Hold on a minute!!!!! I could make a business of this!!!!!!! ^^^

Unkel_Dolan #14 Posted 09 December 2017 - 02:57 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 26849 battles
  • [NOPAN] NOPAN

View PostSwoopie, on 04 December 2017 - 03:56 PM, said:

that's the problem. had incidents in the past when someone wants a spot in the team at the last second and they don't click fast enough and we start CW with one or two guys down

Swoopie #15 Posted 09 December 2017 - 05:13 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 28355 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

View Postbraintuma, on 09 December 2017 - 03:57 PM, said:

that's the problem. had incidents in the past when someone wants a spot in the team at the last second and they don't click fast enough and we start CW with one or two guys down

I've played this game for nearly 7 years with being involved in competitive modes for about 6 years. And I've never seen such behavior.

Anyway there's a easy solution of "kick player from the clan".

Silas001 #16 Posted 19 December 2017 - 04:07 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 47608 battles
  • [JUST] JUST

This doesnt seem to be active but since its already her, my 5 cents.

On the UI-side:

Clan-Notifications: It would be awesome to give the ingame-notification tool to Clans as well and not just keep it for WGL Finals-stuff. There was some hyped feature advertised as such, but it never actually made it into the game but just on the WoT-Clanpage, that noone ever visits.

On ranks: What Firefly said. Let Commander edit and create Clan-ranks with custom titles and settings/authorizations

More importantly to me:

Automated schedules for SH-Boosters:

HOW IS THAT NOT A THING? How did no developer or anyone else involved in the process of creating + reworking the SH-Stuff ever come up with this simple and obvious "feature"?

I see the current booster-system as flawed and idiotic like most of the stuff WG added/changed in the game for the last couple years but it is what it is and i am not willing to waste a lot of energy on such a miniscule issue.

I would just add this extremely simple feature: Any sort of scheduling tool, like calenders already existed in the vanilla game (the more customizable the better). I would prefer something like a weekly "plan" for boosters, but would be happy with a daily plan or at the very minimum something like: "Automatically start Booster XYZ, today at 18h/20h/22"  - 2-20 lines of code and a huge pain in the [edited]is gone just like that.

On the Gameplay-Side:

I would love the see a truly competitive SH-like game-mode ingame besides Clanwars - based on a ranking/ELO-system, with its own ingame-UI. (... again since we kinda had that already for a brief period of time with ranked teambattles)

The current ELO-based MM is again - as usual - flawed.

There needs to be an incentive to get to high ELOs and compete with the stronger opponents - and possibly enduring higher waiting periods. The current system just punishes clans for playing good (especially from Sunday-Friday) which is beyond stupid. You dont need to completely neglect small and less experienced/skilled Clans to promote competitive play between the strongest clans.

To get to the specifics I already planned to do its own topic on the revival of eSports(related to clans/SH) in WoT.

On Advances:

Even though better than the old SH-Attacks, the current system is flawed (as usual) and only show bad game-design. You dont even need to look to other games where are much better models - just take a few notes from your beloved WGL, that is way better than anything in the game and of course unreachable for the entire WoT-playerbase.

I am NOT saying change the format to 7/68 and Attack/Defense. But not running into Ruinberg 3 times in a row would already help greatly reducing players and fc's frustration. (Just to have the same thing with the next advance again),

I have a lot more specific thoughts on this but that should probably be its own topic as well.

Edited by Silas001, 19 December 2017 - 04:20 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users