Research Refesh Topic/Discussion

Research Refresh

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you think a one-time exp/credit reset option would be an interesting option in World of tanks? (5 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Do you think a one-time exp/credit reset option would be an interesting option in World of tanks?

1. Yea would be a nice one time reset thing where i receive all spent exp and credits for me or my friends to start over again. (2 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

2. No, i would not like this option because i think it could have many complications or i just don't like this idea. (3 votes [60.00%])

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

Vote Hide poll

Acingamingtab #1 Posted 02 December 2017 - 01:15 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8831 battles
  • [CIRC] CIRC

Pure discussion/Suggestion Area, please do not argue here this is a mere opportunity to see what the community thinks about an option that i would personally like in-game. Thank you.

So a while back AW(Armoured Warfare) added a refresh option, which was a one time thing, that allowed players to completely refresh all the research they had done and gave them all their credits/exp back from every Standard tank you had in your garage. This allowed players such as myself to start kinda of new and get too know another branch of Armour. Kinda giving players a new feel for a different branch and for them to make changes as too what branch they went down due to updates that came out with new branches and so forth. What IF we had this one time option in World of tanks, allowing players to try out another branch without having to start over and waste credits on tanks in a branch they don't want, or just to refresh their game-play experience with different branches that they may not have previously looked at or thought about going down but had the resources to do so. 

Personally i would love a ONE-TIME option like this available to allow me to experience another branch as i get bored of what i currently sitting with. And would like something new and refreshed but i don't have the money/time to grind out a hole new branch, and because of this boredom of playing all the same tanks that sit in my garage i began to fall away from the game because of the difficulties of not having the money to spend on the game or the time to grind out credits or exp down a new branch, I think a one-time option that allows players too remove their current Standard tanks in the garage and previous credits and exp spent in the game on all branches would be a nice little edition to allow players to start over a new branch without having to do a full reset of the account and cleaning all history. 

Its just a thought/suggestion to both the community and Wargaming about a possible one time credits/exp reset option.

Please leave your thoughts in the comments of this post guys i want to hear your opinions on this sorta option.

Good luck out there :)

Aikl #2 Posted 02 December 2017 - 01:22 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25547 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

Personally I'd enjoy it - I could shift spent research on <T7 tanks to finish off certain crappy grinds - but it's not really a good idea to let someone suddenly enter T10 without even being forced to gain some experience playing higher tiers (though you can convert XP from a T2 prem even now, if you so wish).

Public test server kind of serves the purpose of trying out new lines anyway, even if the metagame there isn't really comparable.

SuedKAT #3 Posted 02 December 2017 - 01:34 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Might work, but from WG's perspective I guess it's not as attractive compared to the opposite - you buying premium items to get past tanks you don't want to get, to in the end get tanks you might like.

A lightweight alternative would be to let you test drive all tanks at your own leisure, sure you won't get the experience and credits needed to instantly get a specific tank, but you would get the incentive to grind a new line if you find a tank you like. Sure the test server exist, but it's far easier to just press a button labeled "test drive" than to get the test server working. 

Aikl #4 Posted 02 December 2017 - 01:43 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25547 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostSuedKAT, on 02 December 2017 - 12:34 PM, said:

(...)

A lightweight alternative would be to let you test drive all tanks at your own leisure, sure you won't get the experience and credits needed to instantly get a specific tank, but you would get the incentive to grind a new line if you find a tank you like. Sure the test server exist, but it's far easier to just press a button labeled "test drive" than to get the test server working. 

From what I understand, the client isn't able to run a battle on its own, so a 'test drive' feature (even on the tutorial levels) would tax the servers a lot. Solution might be to limit it to certain time slots ...but it just becomes incredibly complicated, and would still not really offer a good 'feel' of how a tank works in an actual battle.

As for getting the test server to work, you can limit the download by copying the game folder and using it as a target for the test installer. Accounts not working might be a problem, but seems to usually come from the test server's database being copied from a previous date (maybe your password was changed and whatnot).

SuedKAT #5 Posted 02 December 2017 - 02:42 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostAikl, on 02 December 2017 - 01:43 PM, said:

From what I understand, the client isn't able to run a battle on its own, so a 'test drive' feature (even on the tutorial levels) would tax the servers a lot. Solution might be to limit it to certain time slots ...but it just becomes incredibly complicated, and would still not really offer a good 'feel' of how a tank works in an actual battle.

As for getting the test server to work, you can limit the download by copying the game folder and using it as a target for the test installer. Accounts not working might be a problem, but seems to usually come from the test server's database being copied from a previous date (maybe your password was changed and whatnot).

With the current system in place yes it would tax the servers quite a bit, just you and me (if I remember correctly) playing around on a map looking for climbs before they removed some of them still needs to load quite a bit, however with a specific map and setup that can be made a lot less stressful for the servers. In the short term yes it would perhaps mean that they need a bit better infrastructure behind the scenes, but in the long run I'd see it as great way to spark an incentive for people to grind new lines which from WG's perspective means more premium purchases which could balance out the extra costs.

True it wouldn't offer a good feel for how the tank actually would feel in battle, but just driving around some, testing the gun in different scenarios etc is still a lot better than nothing, I would for example never have gone for the A-44 grind if I test drove it first, but if the Obj 416 seemed decent while test driving it I might feel that it would be worth free XPing past it. 

Sure it's not that hard to get the test server working, at least not if you know what you're doing, but a lot of people have no clue and would never even consider installing it, but a "test drive" button in a game they already play yeah that's not as intimidating for many. You also don't have to wait for a major patch to come a long to warrant the test server being up in the first place either.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users