Wargaming, no, stop >:(

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

TsundereWaffle #1 Posted 02 December 2017 - 02:36 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27187 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

A while ago Wargaming's balancing department underwent some changes, which everybody was quite happy about obviously as the balancing was, erm, well, not that great. So rejoice, things will get fixed, the game will become balanced, the game will change for the bette- wait, Wargaming? What are you doing? N-no! Stop that! Wargaming, put that down! NO! 

And well, here we are now, realizing that the current balancing department and whatnot of Wargaming has done a horrendous job and is like stabbing World of Tanks in the kidney, which hurts. Trying to fix the problems that the old department had caused was the goal of the new one, except it ended up much and much worse, a bit like trying to heal someone's broken arm by cutting it off. We've seen things like the Patriot and Liberte, which were pretty stupid when they were released and have already been powercrept now. The Chrysler K without it's frontal weakspots, a tier 10 tank at tier 8, called the Defender, overbuffing the Maus, Japanese super heavys, overbuffing the Caernarvon, the upcoming changes to the British TD line and so much more. And my question now is, how, why?

Lets take the current supertest changes to the Russian TD line, the only two tanks in the line that are not underperforming are the tier 10 and the tier 7, both the tier 8 and 9, when looking at winrate, are just severely underperforming. So Wargaming has a tank line that adds some variety to the game by having them be mobile tanks with accurate guns and dpm, but limiting them by having their superstructure on the back of the tank. The line itself however is underperforming and unpopular, like, have you ever heard someone say "Oh boy, let me just play my SU-101."? Yeah, you haven't, unless you've played with me, like, I might say it... But the way Wargaming is trying to fix this is by, from the current leaks at least, nerfing the tier 7 tank, nerfing the tier 8 tank, removing the tier 9 tank and making the current tier 10 the new tier 9, and of course also nerfing it. And what about tier 10 then? Well, they're introducing a new tier 10 which is simply worse than the current one, on paper at least. So in order to fix an underpowered, unpopular line, they are nerfing every single tank in the line and giving it a bad tier 10 tank. I honestly do not have any words for how stupid this sounds.

Right, the recent British heavy changes. The line did need some changes, the Caernarvon was pretty sad, the Conqueror however was great and the FV, eh, was a bit weird. So WG listened, after a very long time, and decided to give some buffs, but only in a way that WG can do them, by severely overbuffing the Caernarvon, turning the Conqueror into an uninteresting generic heavy tank and making the Super Conqueror literally a copy paste of the Conqueror. Wait, excuse me? You have a decent tier 9 tank at tier 9, and another decent tier 9 tank at tier 10? *sigh*

Whilst we are on the British, the next patch has some more changes for them, this time the TD's. They're removing the Deathstar, which I actually don't really have a problem against as such high alpha damage guns are pretty silly, but the replacement seems to be... well... a bit broken, no? 

Then we have the turret buff of the FV4202, or well, the lack of it. According to Wargaming, buffing the turret on the FV4202 would make it overpowered, but then my question is, the Centurion, Strv and Primo are all superior to the FV4202 in every single way, like, literally every single way. If they were to give the FV4202 the same turret as the Centurion, Strv and Primo, the FV4202 would still be worse than all of those tanks except according to Wargaming, it would be overpowered. How one earth are the Centurion, Strv and Primo not overpowered then if they are still better!?

Lets go a bit further back in time to the Patriot and Liberte. When these two tanks got released there was quite some complaining, as it was obvious that these two tanks were a lot better than a lot of tier 8 tanks in the game, which they still are, although there are plenty of tanks that are already better. But introducing tanks like this is plainly implementing, not really pay 2 win aspects, but more pay 2 have a superior tank which is just unfair. Just look at the Skorpion G, or even better, the Defender. Someone explain me how the Defender is justified because I honestly fail to see it myself, it's practically an IS-7, except shoved down two tiers, like, just look at the winrate curves, they're pretty silly and clearly shows the pay 2 have a superior tank aspect of the game, which is getting more and more common. And if it doesn't get common it's a pathetically underpowered premium tank.

There are just so much more examples of the poor balancing of Wargaming lately and it honestly doesn't make sense, just what are you doing? What am I even doing? Nobody will read this and it's pointless to even write, like, Wargaming won't change a single thing as they simply don't listen to the community. Heck, I doubt they even listen to the Russian community.

Hm, I always suck at coming up with endings, like, do I need to continue and write more? Or just make an end now? Like, just cut it off at the last sentence and be like "Yeah, this is fine." Or does it not work like that? Do I need to like thank people for reading this... what is it even? A rant? Confused rambling about Wargaming failing as a company? Oh, that sounds like a fun topic for another thread... Oh well, with every stupid thing Wargaming does I get one step closer to just quitting the game, which saddens me, because I honestly like World of Tanks. I've put a lot of time into the game, money into it and just sitting here, watching as the game gets like violated and abused, and there is nothing you can do... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh, and if you remove the SU-122-54, can you make it one of those reward tank thingies at least, because I'd like to keep mine.

And all edits are me fixing my horrible grammar and spelling because I suck at life.

Edited by TsundereWaffle, 02 December 2017 - 02:38 PM.

leggasiini #2 Posted 02 December 2017 - 02:49 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 14232 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

What is even worse is that those tanks after the rework will be also more cancerous to fight against, even if they will be worse than now (at least much worse to play), because the armor layout FORCES you to load premium (who would have thought) against them, but when you do they might as well have no armor. So basically, they will be both shit to play with and shit to play against.

So not only those who enjoy the 263 line suffer, but also everyone else, because there is going to be yet another bunch of tanks that you need gold spam at. So literally no one benefits from the change. No one. Except Wargaming, because just more tanks to gold spam at.

And lets not forget how insanely negative the feedback towards this change is among with Russians - the official Object 263 line change thread has evolved into massive +70 page thread, with literally everyone being upset about the change and people even putting things like "Save the Object 263" on their signatures. The feedback is even more negative than the Batchat change, and that is something I would have ever believed to happen.

The low popularity of the Object 263 is not because of the tank itself - its because of the line before it that contains either very awkward tanks. What they should have done is just to make the tier 7-9 more comfortable - I am pretty sure the SU-101 would be much more enjoyable if it had -4 depression instead of -2.3 (or something like that). That, and then just buff the casemate armor on the tier 7-9 (but keep LFP trash), and possibly a minor comfy buff for Object 263 (either gun arc, depression to -5 or HP buff) and you would be golden. But no, lets rape the line instead.

GG WG.

Mimos_A #3 Posted 02 December 2017 - 02:58 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24177 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

View Postleggasiini, on 02 December 2017 - 02:49 PM, said:

What is even worse is that those tanks after the rework will be also more cancerous to fight against, even if they will be worse than now (at least much worse to play), because the armor layout FORCES you to load premium (who would have thought) against them, but when you do they might as well have no armor. So basically, they will be both shit to play with and shit to play against.

So not only those who enjoy the 263 line suffer, but also everyone else, because there is going to be yet another bunch of tanks that you need gold spam at. So literally no one benefits from the change. No one. Except Wargaming, because just more tanks to gold spam at.

And lets not forget how insanely negative the feedback towards this change is among with Russians - the official Object 263 line change thread has evolved into massive +70 page thread, with literally everyone being upset about the change and people even putting things like "Save the Object 263" on their signatures. The feedback is even more negative than the Batchat change, and that is something I would have ever believed to happen.

The low popularity of the Object 263 is not because of the tank itself - its because of the line before it that contains either very awkward tanks. What they should have done is just to make the tier 7-9 more comfortable - I am pretty sure the SU-101 would be much more enjoyable if it had -4 depression instead of -2.3 (or something like that). That, and then just buff the casemate armor on the tier 7-9 (but keep LFP trash), and possibly a minor comfy buff for Object 263 (either gun arc, depression to -5 or HP buff) and you would be golden. But no, lets rape the line instead.

GG WG.

It's one of the things WG doesn't seem to understand about armour balancing. if armour is good but not immune to standard rounds, most people will fire standard rounds. They have a chance to penetrate if they hit the weaker parts, but bounce if they don't. When done right, everyone is happy. If you however give tanks ridiculous armour that can't be penned by standard rounds, people will just throw premium ammo at it, as there's no point trying anything else. Which leads to a situation which is not fun for both sides.

DracheimFlug #4 Posted 02 December 2017 - 03:02 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 8957 battles

View PostMimos_A, on 02 December 2017 - 02:58 PM, said:

It's one of the things WG doesn't seem to understand about armour balancing. if armour is good but not immune to standard rounds, most people will fire standard rounds. They have a chance to penetrate if they hit the weaker parts, but bounce if they don't. When done right, everyone is happy. If you however give tanks ridiculous armour that can't be penned by standard rounds, people will just throw premium ammo at it, as there's no point trying anything else. Which leads to a situation which is not fun for both sides.

If they only have a chance to penetrate, and a premium round has a significantly larger chance (or is virtually certain) to penetrate, then people will use premium rounds more often.

The other tank is shooting back at you, and you do not necessarily have equivalent benefit from armour. Regardless you do not have all the time in the world to knock them out.

Edited by DracheimFlug, 02 December 2017 - 03:04 PM.

Mimos_A #5 Posted 02 December 2017 - 03:15 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24177 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

View PostDracheimFlug, on 02 December 2017 - 03:02 PM, said:

If they only have a chance to penetrate, and a premium round has a significantly larger chance (or is virtually certain) to penetrate, then people will use premium rounds more often.

The other tank is shooting back at you, and you do not necessarily have equivalent benefit from armour. Regardless you do not have all the time in the world to knock them out.

Again, that depends on how well it is done. Of course there will always be people who will spam premium as soon as they encounter something that's harder to pen. However, there will be more than enough people who will at least try on the first few shots instead of insta-loading premium when encountering some tanks. Which will make the situation a lot more bearable for both sides.

cragarion #6 Posted 02 December 2017 - 03:28 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 44071 battles
Eek to much to read here move on.

arthurwellsley #7 Posted 02 December 2017 - 03:59 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 51767 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

for the Tl;dR people,  what WafflePanzer is saying is = WG you are so wrong with the proposed changes to the Object 263 line!

PS. He is correct, and I agree.

cf = https://thedailyboun...ch-new-changes/

Edited by arthurwellsley, 02 December 2017 - 04:00 PM.

ZlatanArKung #8 Posted 02 December 2017 - 04:20 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles

View PostTsundereWaffle, on 02 December 2017 - 02:36 PM, said:

A while ago Wargaming's balancing department underwent some changes, which everybody was quite happy about obviously as the balancing was, erm, well, not that great. So rejoice, things will get fixed, the game will become balanced, the game will change for the bette- wait, Wargaming? What are you doing? N-no! Stop that! Wargaming, put that down! NO! 

And well, here we are now, realizing that the current balancing department and whatnot of Wargaming has done a horrendous job and is like stabbing World of Tanks in the kidney, which hurts. Trying to fix the problems that the old department had caused was the goal of the new one, except it ended up much and much worse, a bit like trying to heal someone's broken arm by cutting it off. We've seen things like the Patriot and Liberte, which were pretty stupid when they were released and have already been powercrept now. The Chrysler K without it's frontal weakspots, a tier 10 tank at tier 8, called the Defender, overbuffing the Maus, Japanese super heavys, overbuffing the Caernarvon, the upcoming changes to the British TD line and so much more. And my question now is, how, why?

Lets take the current supertest changes to the Russian TD line, the only two tanks in the line that are not underperforming are the tier 10 and the tier 7, both the tier 8 and 9, when looking at winrate, are just severely underperforming. So Wargaming has a tank line that adds some variety to the game by having them be mobile tanks with accurate guns and dpm, but limiting them by having their superstructure on the back of the tank. The line itself however is underperforming and unpopular, like, have you ever heard someone say "Oh boy, let me just play my SU-101."? Yeah, you haven't, unless you've played with me, like, I might say it... But the way Wargaming is trying to fix this is by, from the current leaks at least, nerfing the tier 7 tank, nerfing the tier 8 tank, removing the tier 9 tank and making the current tier 10 the new tier 9, and of course also nerfing it. And what about tier 10 then? Well, they're introducing a new tier 10 which is simply worse than the current one, on paper at least. So in order to fix an underpowered, unpopular line, they are nerfing every single tank in the line and giving it a bad tier 10 tank. I honestly do not have any words for how stupid this sounds.

Right, the recent British heavy changes. The line did need some changes, the Caernarvon was pretty sad, the Conqueror however was great and the FV, eh, was a bit weird. So WG listened, after a very long time, and decided to give some buffs, but only in a way that WG can do them, by severely overbuffing the Caernarvon, turning the Conqueror into an uninteresting generic heavy tank and making the Super Conqueror literally a copy paste of the Conqueror. Wait, excuse me? You have a decent tier 9 tank at tier 9, and another decent tier 9 tank at tier 10? *sigh*

Whilst we are on the British, the next patch has some more changes for them, this time the TD's. They're removing the Deathstar, which I actually don't really have a problem against as such high alpha damage guns are pretty silly, but the replacement seems to be... well... a bit broken, no? 

Then we have the turret buff of the FV4202, or well, the lack of it. According to Wargaming, buffing the turret on the FV4202 would make it overpowered, but then my question is, the Centurion, Strv and Primo are all superior to the FV4202 in every single way, like, literally every single way. If they were to give the FV4202 the same turret as the Centurion, Strv and Primo, the FV4202 would still be worse than all of those tanks except according to Wargaming, it would be overpowered. How one earth are the Centurion, Strv and Primo not overpowered then if they are still better!?

Lets go a bit further back in time to the Patriot and Liberte. When these two tanks got released there was quite some complaining, as it was obvious that these two tanks were a lot better than a lot of tier 8 tanks in the game, which they still are, although there are plenty of tanks that are already better. But introducing tanks like this is plainly implementing, not really pay 2 win aspects, but more pay 2 have a superior tank which is just unfair. Just look at the Skorpion G, or even better, the Defender. Someone explain me how the Defender is justified because I honestly fail to see it myself, it's practically an IS-7, except shoved down two tiers, like, just look at the winrate curves, they're pretty silly and clearly shows the pay 2 have a superior tank aspect of the game, which is getting more and more common. And if it doesn't get common it's a pathetically underpowered premium tank.

There are just so much more examples of the poor balancing of Wargaming lately and it honestly doesn't make sense, just what are you doing? What am I even doing? Nobody will read this and it's pointless to even write, like, Wargaming won't change a single thing as they simply don't listen to the community. Heck, I doubt they even listen to the Russian community.

Hm, I always suck at coming up with endings, like, do I need to continue and write more? Or just make an end now? Like, just cut it off at the last sentence and be like "Yeah, this is fine." Or does it not work like that? Do I need to like thank people for reading this... what is it even? A rant? Confused rambling about Wargaming failing as a company? Oh, that sounds like a fun topic for another thread... Oh well, with every stupid thing Wargaming does I get one step closer to just quitting the game, which saddens me, because I honestly like World of Tanks. I've put a lot of time into the game, money into it and just sitting here, watching as the game gets like violated and abused, and there is nothing you can do... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh, and if you remove the SU-122-54, can you make it one of those reward tank thingies at least, because I'd like to keep mine.

And all edits are me fixing my horrible grammar and spelling because I suck at life.

The new WG balance department policy PM.

1: Buff heavies and remove weakspots.

2: Buff armoured TDs and remove weakspots. 

3: make all Mediums have 10 degrees of gun depression and 390 alpha and strong turret armour (it is called variety).

This is done in order to.

Make players shoot more premium ammo.

Edited by ZlatanArKung, 02 December 2017 - 04:23 PM.

Tidal_Force #9 Posted 02 December 2017 - 04:50 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 16192 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostTsundereWaffle, on 02 December 2017 - 01:36 PM, said:

For ending, it's usual to include some kind of conclusion or summary, depending on structure of the post.

In your case:

View PostTsundereWaffle, on 02 December 2017 - 01:36 PM, said:

There are just so much more examples of the poor balancing of Wargaming lately and it honestly doesn't make sense, just what are you doing?

would have been an acceptable conclusion.

Nishi_Kinuyo #10 Posted 02 December 2017 - 04:50 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 7725 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

Hm... wasn't it a year or two ago that WG had this whole "Balance 2.0" thing in mind?

And wanting to do it top-down, starting with the higher tiers and then working down?

Tbh, I think they've lost sight of that a bit.

Instead of making it balanced, they're increasing the disparity between the lower tiers (7-8) and those at the top (9-10).

And worse; they're making tanks more similar; tough turrets and good gundep.

Like... how is that good for game balance? How does it improve gameplay? How does it make the game more fun & dynamic with engaging gameplay if every hightier medium tank is turned into a copy of each other? Out of all the hightier medium tanks, Japan is basically one of the few left with fairly vulnerable turrets (not counting cupolas); or at least when it comes to the reworked ones. Just look at for example the Centurion I with its 254mm thick turret; the mantlet of all places is the weakest spot at "only" 235mm when flat on; how are lowertiers (7) going to fight pen it, even with gold its almost impossible for them. The only consolation you got is that with the current MM, they end up more in tier 9&10 battles than as toptiers, but even so. Even the T-44 with a mantlet "weakspot" of "only" 190mm is an issue for many tier 7 mediums. And those are "just" medium tanks. The gap between tier 7 and 8 was always fairly wide, but this just aggrevates the issue.

Maybe if WG could give us some glastnost concerning their balance plans, we could look at the bigger picture of just what exactly they're trying to achieve.

Search_Warrant #11 Posted 02 December 2017 - 04:56 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 27192 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD
Seems every time they change the balance department they get worse.

Tidal_Force #12 Posted 02 December 2017 - 05:07 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 16192 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostSearch_Warrant, on 02 December 2017 - 03:56 PM, said:

Seems every time they change the balance department they get worse.

There's an old joke which goes like this:

Moshe goes to Rabbi and starts complaining about his wife, about his children, about his house and life in general. Rabbi tells him to move goat from barn into house.

Few days later Moshe comes to Rabbi again complaining about wife, children, house and life, however this time he also complains about the stench of the goat. Rabbi tells him to take sheep from the barn and move it into the house.

Once again after few days, Moshe comes complaining, this time he complains about stench of sheep, stench of goat, about wife and children. Rabbi tells him to add cow to his household.

Few days pass and Moshe comes complaining about stench of cow, goat and sheep. This time, Rabbi tells him to remove cow, goat and sheep from his home, and move them back to barn.

Week later Moshe comes to Rabbi. This time Moshe is happy, because the stench is gone.

So players want SerB back now?

8126Jakobsson #13 Posted 02 December 2017 - 05:10 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 66515 battles
We want faster games. More games more money. But that makes slow players sad. Slow players have fast money. No problem, we can add armour to make the slows happy. If we add enough then people will spend more by smashing the 2 key and thus still keep short game length. Got 'em.  

Derethim #14 Posted 02 December 2017 - 05:31 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17518 battles

They're effectively ruining what might've been one of the best games of the decade... all for some temporary money boosts for the company. Wargaming's top managers probably don't realize, they can get way more income from a legendary game, than from some dirty marketing practices they're employing.

View PostTidal_Force, on 02 December 2017 - 05:07 PM, said:

There's an old joke which goes like this:

Moshe goes to Rabbi and starts complaining about his wife, about his children, about his house and life in general. Rabbi tells him to move goat from barn into house.

Few days later Moshe comes to Rabbi again complaining about wife, children, house and life, however this time he also complains about the stench of the goat. Rabbi tells him to take sheep from the barn and move it into the house.

Once again after few days, Moshe comes complaining, this time he complains about stench of sheep, stench of goat, about wife and children. Rabbi tells him to add cow to his household.

Few days pass and Moshe comes complaining about stench of cow, goat and sheep. This time, Rabbi tells him to remove cow, goat and sheep from his home, and move them back to barn.

Week later Moshe comes to Rabbi. This time Moshe is happy, because the stench is gone.

So players want SerB back now?

I'm sure it wasn't as bad as this is. At least they pretended to fix the game, right now, what the balance department does is, say one thing and do the other instead - effectively LYING to the community and treating the customers like crap.

It would be nice to keep this thread hot and alive, so it doesen't get forgotten like the 154651103216416 threads about the same topic, that appear and dissapear.

Everyone playing the game can see what's happening to it and it's no longer going to be as fun as it was anymore if they keep this up.

fwhaatpiraat #15 Posted 02 December 2017 - 05:48 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 47242 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

The 263 line change proposals are so idiotic. Even more stupid than how the superheavy tanks are 'balanced' and the introduction of the p2w  nice and balanced premium tanks from last year. Why? Because they don't even have p2w elements, so really absolutely nobody will remotely like them. Nobody will spend gold to free xp down the line, nobody will go full gold in them, and nobody will shoot gold at them because nobody plays them. So not even WG will profit from these changes, as they did with the aforementioned vehicles. It's just a waste of time.

The tier 7 gets one of its main strenghts removed, accuracy. The tier 8 will still not be a 'flank td' but remains a trash support tank that will get rekt by Paytriots, Defenders and higher tier tanks. The 263, quite liked I think, I want it, gets rekt. Su-122-54 gets removed, really? Nice. And to top it off, some piece of fecal matter at tier x gets introduced. With a trash gun, trash dpm and some armor that will only attract heavy premium ammo spam. The tank really fits the line though, with its bland, crap gun. I think these changes are desired by many!

What WG could actually do is involve the player base. Everybody knows that the line is not that great and comfortable to play, so WG could ask the community for help. There are many community contributors that represent quite a large chunk of the player base I suppose. I'm convinced these players have the knowledge to come up with proposals for changes to the line that make it more fun to play with, more competitive, still have a unique play style and will not be broken a f or OP.

Edited by fwhaatpiraat, 02 December 2017 - 05:50 PM.

fighting_falcon93 #16 Posted 02 December 2017 - 05:52 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 31200 battles

This post explained the problem perfectly:

Players: "Leave Obj.263 at tier X"

WG: "We listen to our players, and therefore we've decided to move Obj.263 to tier IX"

:facepalm:

The keyword here is "ignorance". WG is using the phrase "we listen to our players" just to be nice, but in reality they actually mean "shut the ---- up, we don't care".

There're so many problems in this game that needs to be fixed, yet WG decides to push crap like this to supertest instead of using those hours of work to fix atleast 1 of all problems. I have no words. WG you need another company to develop your games before it's too late.

Edited by fighting_falcon93, 02 December 2017 - 05:57 PM.

Aikl #17 Posted 02 December 2017 - 06:02 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25552 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostMimos_A, on 02 December 2017 - 01:58 PM, said:

While WG has questionable ability to balance certain stuff, do you really think they don't understand the bold part? Malice and incompetence are close relatives, though.

(Certain vehicles having that kind of armour would make some sense if they had other weaknesses, like low agility and/or DPM, but apparently top speed is supposed to be the main counter to over-armoured superheavies. SIgh.)

Derethim #18 Posted 02 December 2017 - 06:03 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17518 battles

View Postfighting_falcon93, on 02 December 2017 - 05:52 PM, said:

This post explained the problem perfectly:

Players: "Leave Obj.263 at tier X"

WG: "We listen to our players, and therefore we've decided to move Obj.263 to tier IX"

:facepalm:

The keyword here is "ignorance". WG is using the phrase "we listen to our players" just to be nice, but in reality they actually mean "shut the ---- up, we don't care".

There're so many problems in this game that needs to be fixed, yet WG decides to push crap like this to supertest instead of using those hours of work to fix atleast 1 of all problems. I have no words. WG you need another company to develop your games before it's too late.

This is exactly what I was talking about. Pretending to care and lying to the playerbase is not going to bring more money to Wargaming.

Mimos_A #19 Posted 02 December 2017 - 06:19 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24177 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

View PostAikl, on 02 December 2017 - 06:02 PM, said:

While WG has questionable ability to balance certain stuff, do you really think they don't understand the bold part? Malice and incompetence are close relatives, though.

(Certain vehicles having that kind of armour would make some sense if they had other weaknesses, like low agility and/or DPM, but apparently top speed is supposed to be the main counter to over-armoured superheavies. SIgh.)

Seeing their general incompetence in balancing I sincerely have no idea whether it's incompetence or malice. Seeing the way they view high tier lights it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't understand their own game (or at least how it's played on the EU server).

Edited by Mimos_A, 02 December 2017 - 06:19 PM.

Aikl #20 Posted 02 December 2017 - 06:45 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25552 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostMimos_A, on 02 December 2017 - 05:19 PM, said:

Seeing their general incompetence in balancing I sincerely have no idea whether it's incompetence or malice. Seeing the way they view high tier lights it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't understand their own game (or at least how it's played on the EU server).

Don't believe the "game plays different on EU" for a second; the excuses about things being balanced for RU is simply bullcrap - there are complaints about the Defender (albeit a bit less, there are relatively fewer Defenders on RU, and it's a Russian tank, so) and Type 5 there too.

I find it rather hard to tell too. It's probably a good mix, in the end a multi-layered sandwich of incompetence, brain drain, greed and evil. Well, almost, at least. Looking from the forums up you can see the incompetence and brain drain seeping through the roof (the staff), for instance.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users