• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

shane73tank #1 Posted 02 December 2017 - 02:37 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 28166 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

Hi There fellow tankers, 

Over the last week or two I've found myself looking at the tech tree in garage and realise  that until recently and the Caernarvon I had not really played any British tanks apart from premiums.  I've loved Chines LT's, Russian meds and heavies, US meds and LT's and more recently the heavies, German - heavies and LT's and only in the last few months the French LT line. 

However, the Japanese,  Czech and Swedish ( even though I have the Girl crew ) just dont  entice me at all.

I've had the Skoda T40 premium since it came out, dont enjoy it, the Tier 9 and Tier 10 look nice but I've zero interest in the line because of the reported crap at tier 7 and Tier 8.  

No interest in godzilla tanks and the medium japanese line does not appeal .

Swedish - for some reason I just have TD's in my mind when I think of these and apart from the Emil at Tier 8 nothing else. 

As a class I dont really play arty as I find it boring but I do enjoy it if you have 1 arty in a game who provides support - more than 1 can be a pain in the backside for well commented on reasons. 

I was curious as to what nations/classes  you've avoided and why

p.s. try and avoid the moaning - it's the season to be jolly afterall :hiding: 

Dava_117 #2 Posted 02 December 2017 - 02:44 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19480 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Mmm... I would say cz. I really hate paper tank, and that line is full of it. If you add also the low module healt (at least at low tier) the result is that I stopped the grind at tier 5, just to have a tank for those nation bounded missions.

Edited by Dava_117, 02 December 2017 - 02:45 PM.

dimethylcadmium #3 Posted 02 December 2017 - 02:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6199 battles
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A

Japanese and Czech meds need major buffs, it's no wonder they don't appeal to you. Japanese meds are basically British meds except a lot worse, they have the same role, similar guns minus the gun handling / armor

Czechs are just garbage until you reach Tier 9.

I really hope 2018 is their year, 2017 was the year of British tanks.

Mimos_A #4 Posted 02 December 2017 - 02:53 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24177 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

I never cared much for the Japanese. The heavies are just disgustingly dumb, the meds don't really seem to have anything you can't get from a more fun line.

As for the Czech line, can't comment on the tier 8, but the whole line is not that bad. Lower tiers are lower tier, they're fine. The tier 6 is a blast, it's a really fun little tank. The tier 7 isn't that bad. It's not good by any stretch of the imagination and you will have games where the gun just decides to not hit anything, but if you're patient, take your time to aim and forget about snapshots it's not the biggest stinker in the game.

Edited by Mimos_A, 02 December 2017 - 02:53 PM.

Balc0ra #5 Posted 02 December 2017 - 03:11 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66286 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
Chinese and Czechs for me so far is the two I had to pick. Been so few tanks on those nations I found fun or interesting. I only did keep the tier 6 and 9 on the Czechs, never did bother to get the tier X. Still need the tier 9 HT on the Chinese. But Td was not interesting, and only have kept the tier 7 LT, MT and HT so far in that nation. Nothing else was worth looking at tbh IMO. 

Strappster #6 Posted 02 December 2017 - 03:21 PM

General

• Player
  • 24030 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
The only nation I haven't done any grinding in yet is the Swedes and that's only because I've got so many other lines on the go that I didn't want to start another only to abandon it around tier 6 or 7 once the grind for modules becomes too long. I need my quick unlock fix.

undutchable80 #7 Posted 02 December 2017 - 04:14 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 7260 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Still on the US tree, but started on the French LT and UK MT and HT lines cuz the Tier 9 & 10 line grind takes a while lol. Got plans for Soviet and German lines. Other nations dont appeal to me right now. 

Nishi_Kinuyo #8 Posted 02 December 2017 - 05:10 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 7725 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

Most line to me, imo.

In part because my playstyle has grown around the Japanese mediums first and foremost. So playing vastly different lines means that I keep getting frustrated because they don't like like I'm used to, even if on paper they're similar (e.g. Chi-He and Covenanter). The T-34-85, a tank held as good by most players simply doesn't perform as well in my hands as the Chi-To (by most considered a poor tank) does. Even the Strv 74 is frustrating to play, since everything pens the turret when I'm used to at least some lucky random bounces with the Chi-To. And despite the larger alpha on the Strv, its lower than that of my Chi-To, which has seen plenty of games where I had tomato performances (like its WR can attest to). The czech line (which I've played up to tier 3) was simply rubbish; inferior to the Japanese tanks in every way. At least the Swedish mediums up until tier 5 were pretty good, but then again, they're pretty much clones of the Japanese mediums at those tiers.

Haven't played many heavies other than the Japanese ones either. And most of the ones I did play were either back in my tomato days (the KV-1 and T-150), or are otherwise not performing as well. Even my O-Ni with the 10cm performs better than my IS... Maybe the Tiger P line could be decent-ish for me. But for the most part; the vastly different playstyle will be hard to adjust to, even if you're used to the AP cannons on the Jap heavies.

speedphlux #9 Posted 02 December 2017 - 05:12 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 44152 battles
  • [TZAR] TZAR
Well, not exactly Nation, but the Japanese Heavies I've sworn an oath never to touch them. Otherwise, all Nations are pretty cool and quite nice.

DuncaN_101 #10 Posted 02 December 2017 - 05:38 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 53226 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
Mostly the chech and the US line. Just can't seem to make those tanks work for me.

Aikl #11 Posted 02 December 2017 - 05:48 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25552 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
Czech. Can't really be bothered to train a new crew for that. Did the Japanese up to T8 back when grinding was fun enough; now it's just collecting dust. 

dimethylcadmium #12 Posted 02 December 2017 - 06:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6199 battles
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 02 December 2017 - 05:10 PM, said:

Most line to me, imo.

In part because my playstyle has grown around the Japanese mediums first and foremost. So playing vastly different lines means that I keep getting frustrated because they don't like like I'm used to, even if on paper they're similar (e.g. Chi-He and Covenanter). The T-34-85, a tank held as good by most players simply doesn't perform as well in my hands as the Chi-To (by most considered a poor tank) does. Even the Strv 74 is frustrating to play, since everything pens the turret when I'm used to at least some lucky random bounces with the Chi-To. And despite the larger alpha on the Strv, its lower than that of my Chi-To, which has seen plenty of games where I had tomato performances (like its WR can attest to). The czech line (which I've played up to tier 3) was simply rubbish; inferior to the Japanese tanks in every way. At least the Swedish mediums up until tier 5 were pretty good, but then again, they're pretty much clones of the Japanese mediums at those tiers.

Haven't played many heavies other than the Japanese ones either. And most of the ones I did play were either back in my tomato days (the KV-1 and T-150), or are otherwise not performing as well. Even my O-Ni with the 10cm performs better than my IS... Maybe the Tiger P line could be decent-ish for me. But for the most part; the vastly different playstyle will be hard to adjust to, even if you're used to the AP cannons on the Jap heavies.

So you playing only japs and being a weeb is just a coincidence?

shane73tank #13 Posted 02 December 2017 - 07:20 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 28166 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

View PostDuncaN_101, on 02 December 2017 - 04:38 PM, said:

Mostly the chech and the US line. Just can't seem to make those tanks work for me.

If you mean us meds then I'm really surprised as they are a very comfortable line for most people , just goes to show how we all have our different tastes

Derethim #14 Posted 02 December 2017 - 07:24 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17518 battles

View Postshane73tank, on 02 December 2017 - 02:37 PM, said:

Hi There fellow tankers, 

Over the last week or two I've found myself looking at the tech tree in garage and realise  that until recently and the Caernarvon I had not really played any British tanks apart from premiums.  I've loved Chines LT's, Russian meds and heavies, US meds and LT's and more recently the heavies, German - heavies and LT's and only in the last few months the French LT line. 

However, the Japanese,  Czech and Swedish ( even though I have the Girl crew ) just dont  entice me at all.

I've had the Skoda T40 premium since it came out, dont enjoy it, the Tier 9 and Tier 10 look nice but I've zero interest in the line because of the reported crap at tier 7 and Tier 8.  

No interest in godzilla tanks and the medium japanese line does not appeal .

Swedish - for some reason I just have TD's in my mind when I think of these and apart from the Emil at Tier 8 nothing else. 

As a class I dont really play arty as I find it boring but I do enjoy it if you have 1 arty in a game who provides support - more than 1 can be a pain in the backside for well commented on reasons. 

I was curious as to what nations/classes  you've avoided and why

p.s. try and avoid the moaning - it's the season to be jolly afterall :hiding: 

Except the japs, I agree with you OP.

Swedes and Czechs don't interest me that much, mainly because there is no branching in the line. You are railroaded towards one tank in tier X and that's it.

Nishi_Kinuyo #15 Posted 02 December 2017 - 07:52 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 7725 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View Postdimethylcadmium, on 02 December 2017 - 05:10 PM, said:

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 02 December 2017 - 05:10 PM, said:

Most line to me, imo.

So you playing only japs and being a weeb is just a coincidence?

I could probably score much higher in say... the Stridsvagn m/42 than in the Type 3 Chi-Nu.

But I don't because doing so would feel too much like stetpedding. :trollface:

And if the swedish line was released before the japanese line, who knows, maybe I would be having 60% of my battles in those instead.

Bitter_Kipper #16 Posted 02 December 2017 - 07:56 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23747 battles

Chinese Heavies I can't muster any enthusiasm for at all. I know the top 3 are good tanks, but the thought of playing the 110 in the current MM.

Brit Tds of any flavour just nope. Can't see what they bring that is different, apart from the silly T10s. Have one stupid gun TD thank you very much.

Spoiler Much crying many tears

Jigabachi #17 Posted 02 December 2017 - 08:16 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Most of the newer nations. The only one I grinded are the Swedish TDs, because they are unique. China and Czech tanks are just boring copies, the Japanese ones look ugly.

captainpigg #18 Posted 02 December 2017 - 08:21 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31317 battles
  • [F-DIV] F-DIV
I'm on every nation and line at some point, the only line I'm rather ambivalent about is the Chinese td's, due to rather large 

levels.

edit: Interesting there is auto-moderation on image posts.

Edited by captainpigg, 02 December 2017 - 08:22 PM.

arthurwellsley #19 Posted 02 December 2017 - 08:34 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 51767 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

I have virtually all nations played. Only some lines stand out as rubbish

USSR - all the meds and heavy lines are fun in their own way. The SU152, ISU152, Object 704 TD line is amusing, the other td line less so.

USA - M109 bit of a dog, heavies interesting, I enjoyed the meds. TD's are OK.

German - heavys and meds all OK, TDs just the St.Emil that is a dog.

French - heavys OK, meds alot of fun (altho the unbuffed Lorraine 40T at tier IX was a dog). TDs used to be horrid.

UK - slow, AT15a = funny

Chinese - meds a bit meh, heavys USSR style, tier IX is good fun

Japanese - Sumo heavies, nice meds power crept

Czechs - inconsistent some good some not so good.

Sweden - heavies more interesting than the TDs

I enjoy all nations lights

Strappster #20 Posted 02 December 2017 - 08:40 PM

General

• Player
  • 24030 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostBallisticgel, on 02 December 2017 - 06:56 PM, said:

Chinese Heavies I can't muster any enthusiasm for at all. I know the top 3 are good tanks, but the thought of playing the 110 in the current MM.

Brit Tds of any flavour just nope. Can't see what they bring that is different, apart from the silly T10s. Have one stupid gun TD thank you very much.

Spoiler Much crying many tears

I rather like the 110, it's reasonably bouncy and the 100mm gun is excellent, a better option than the 122mm IMO. I despised the IS-2 though, never got the hang of it and sold it as soon as I'd aced it, which was one battle after I'd finished the grind. It was bad enough to put me off grinding Soviet heavies because I'd have to do it again before I could get an IS-3.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users