Re-open my wallet

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

HerrWilhelm #1 Posted 03 December 2017 - 04:58 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 19094 battles
  • [RHPA] RHPA

Just to re-open my wallet for World of Tanks again I would like to see these parts changed.

• Decrease rng, I get frustrated when I miss 4 shots in a row by falling my shells in the ground before the tank of flying high over at maximum height of reticle with a steady aim at enemy tank.
  • Divide teams more equal by player abilities, so games with 15-1 and 2-15 become exceptions instead of main scores.
  • Rebalance premium ammo, like higher pen with less damage to make it a strategic decision, or give it a max percentage (e.g. 15%) more pen than the standard ammo for all tanks, which differs hugely at the moment.

With these minor changes (easy programmable, I could do it if they hired me) the game would be top notch in my opinion.

Is it just me or are there other people sharing the same feeling?

Please reply.

TheOneAboveAII #2 Posted 03 December 2017 - 05:10 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12064 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT
Wow...such a new approach...such originals ideas...decrease rng...balance premium ammo...do something with the MM...wow...how did we never thought to ask wg something like this...it simply blows my...oh wait...we already thought of everything you said...there already are billions of the same topic on the forum...we already complained, asked, even cried to wg to do something for the past trillion years...yet what did wg do? Hmm...f-cked us over with 3-5-7 MM...defender, patriot, chrysler, VK100.01P, Super conq, stupid japanese derps, maus superbuff, now the badger, le char du waffle(foch B)...there you have your answer, you're welcome.

Edited by TheOneAboveAII, 03 December 2017 - 05:11 AM.

Balc0ra #3 Posted 03 December 2017 - 05:10 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62787 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Congrats on being a paying player again... sadly it won't indicate WG will do as you demand.

So you want to be more accurate on fully aimed shot? I get that. But then why would we need dispersion or sniper tanks? Even with less RNG... it's still won't eliminate 4 fully aimed shots in a row. As the longer out the target is.. the bigger the dispersion, even if they reduced it.

By what? WR? Service record rating? I highly doubt it will have the impact you want. As I suspect it won't reduce steam rolls by 50% even. Bad players follow the pack, average players go where their class  tells them to. Even if their team has 10 TD's, they will still camp the red line. It's down to the maps, more so then "bad" players on your team at times. As the corridors pushes everyone down the same road, and it's the first to get flanked that loses. That and having bad play with bad won't do them much good either tbh.

Again... premium tanks won't likely be affected by this. Imagine the outrage on all the premium tanks in the game, and their owners that feel they now don't have what they pay for? We have seen it once before. It did not end well. The two premium SPG's did not lose their HE pen when the rest got nerfed. Nor did they lose their gold AP or HEAT. My tier III Sexton has more HE pen then most tier 7/8 SPG's now. So consider how many tier 8 premiums there are. Imagine how tier 8 MM would be, if half the tanks on tier 8 had their old higher pen with the same damage. While the other half had the higher pen, with less damage, as in all the normal tanks.

View PostHerrWilhelm, on 03 December 2017 - 04:58 AM, said:

With these minor changes (easy programmable, I could do it if they hired me) the game would be top notch in my opinion.

I'm sure they feel it's easy to implement if their programmers wanted to. That's not really the main reason on most issues.

HerrWilhelm #4 Posted 03 December 2017 - 05:16 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 19094 battles
  • [RHPA] RHPA

View PostBalc0ra, on 03 December 2017 - 06:10 AM, said:

Congrats on being a paying player again...

This is what I am not at this moment...

Homer_J #5 Posted 03 December 2017 - 05:37 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27068 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostHerrWilhelm, on 03 December 2017 - 03:58 AM, said:

Just to re-open my wallet for World of Tanks again I would like to see these parts changed.

• Decrease rng, I get frustrated when I miss 4 shots in a row by falling my shells in the ground before the tank of flying high over at maximum height of reticle with a steady aim at enemy tank.
  • Divide teams more equal by player abilities, so games with 15-1 and 2-15 become exceptions instead of main scores.
  • Rebalance premium ammo, like higher pen with less damage to make it a strategic decision, or give it a max percentage (e.g. 15%) more pen than the standard ammo for all tanks, which differs hugely at the moment.

Please reply.

Your inability to aim properly is not RNG.  Your shells land inside that aim circle, use it.

Balancing teams by skill will only lead to more one sided games, because every tank becomes important.  You lose one and you are at a disadvantage,

Premium ammo is fine.  Leave it alone.

TheOneAboveAII #6 Posted 03 December 2017 - 06:09 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12064 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT

View PostHomer_J, on 03 December 2017 - 05:37 AM, said:

Premium ammo is fine.  Leave it alone.

So paying 4 times the cost of a normal shell to get more pen and the same damage...or sometimes more pen and more damage(looking at you 100mm french gun) seems normal and total not p2w to you...nice...the only premium ammo that is fine today...is hesh...more damage and less pen...even tho the hesh on the 183mm guns it's still...retarded with that 1750 alpha one shoting tier 10s...but it's still better than the 420 heat on my jageroo...that gives it 121 more mm of pen than the standard...or the 330 heat on t54, 416, 430 ii, that gives them more than 120mm of pen over the standard ammo...

Edited by TheOneAboveAII, 03 December 2017 - 06:15 AM.

Balc0ra #7 Posted 03 December 2017 - 06:24 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62787 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostHerrWilhelm, on 03 December 2017 - 05:16 AM, said:

This is what I am not at this moment...

Then I'm sorry to disappoint. It will remained closed then.

Fun fact. AW implemented all 3 of those things in your list.... 2 of those 3 were a factor in killing PVP.. just saying. Tho, those 2 were not the soul reason for it. As that grouped with to many things the players wanted. Made it highly imbalanced vs what they wished it would be.

Edited by Balc0ra, 03 December 2017 - 06:27 AM.

250swb #8 Posted 03 December 2017 - 09:21 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 20777 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostTheOneAboveAII, on 03 December 2017 - 05:09 AM, said:

So paying 4 times the cost of a normal shell to get more pen and the same damage...or sometimes more pen and more damage(looking at you 100mm french gun) seems normal and total not p2w to you...nice...the only premium ammo that is fine today...is hesh...more damage and less pen...even tho the hesh on the 183mm guns it's still...retarded with that 1750 alpha one shoting tier 10s...but it's still better than the 420 heat on my jageroo...that gives it 121 more mm of pen than the standard...or the 330 heat on t54, 416, 430 ii, that gives them more than 120mm of pen over the standard ammo...

So make premium ammo cost less instead of nerfing it. The logic of sorting out p2w is simpler than you think.

But seriously, anybody playing the game can earn credits to 'pay' for premium ammo, so all nerfing premium ammo will do is make those efforts worthless, it offers less incentive to do well and earn those credits. So you get players putting less effort in because they get less direct benefit, and before long you've got an even bigger bunch of monkeys tapping at the keyboard and complaining they need stuff done to boost their win rate. The game should be difficult, it should offer a challenge, that is what keeps it healthy. The opening post is yet another in a long line of posts that could all be re titled 'Make It Easy for Me', completely overlooking the proposition proffered will make it easy for everybody else, so back to square one. Carry on along those lines and nobody will ever need to type into chat 'go play Tetris', because we'd be looking up to Tetris and not looking down on it.

Edit: It is also worth noting the OP has OP premium tanks that can perfectly take advantage of all situations if his propositions were implemented, but of course WG won't nerf premium tanks and their ammo, so that is just something to think about. 

Edited by 250swb, 03 December 2017 - 09:30 AM.

ZlatanArKung #9 Posted 03 December 2017 - 09:31 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles

View Post250swb, on 03 December 2017 - 09:21 AM, said:

So make premium ammo cost less instead of nerfing it. The logic of sorting out p2w is simpler than you think.

But seriously, anybody playing the game can earn credits to 'pay' for premium ammo, so all nerfing premium ammo will do is make those efforts worthless, it offers less incentive to do well and earn those credits. So you get players putting less effort in because they get less direct benefit, and before long you've got an even bigger bunch of monkeys tapping at the keyboard and complaining they need stuff done to boost their win rate. The game should be difficult, it should offer a challenge, that is what keeps it healthy. The opening post is yet another in a long line of posts that could all be re titled 'Make It Easy for Me', completely overlooking the proposition proffered will make it easy for everybody else, so back to square one. Carry on along those lines and nobody will ever need to type into chat 'go play Tetris', because we'd be looking up to Tetris and not looking down on it.

Edit: It is also worth noting the OP has OP premium tanks that can perfectly take advantage of all situations if his propositions were implemented, but of course WG won't nerf premium tanks and their ammo, so that is just something to think about. 

It is not a challenge to meet a Defender, VK 100P, Liberte or Patriot in a T6 tank. It is rape.

Phobos4321 #10 Posted 03 December 2017 - 09:33 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 42812 battles
what about thinking before posting ?

View PostHerrWilhelm, on 03 December 2017 - 04:58 AM, said:

• Decrease rng, I get frustrated when I miss 4 shots in a row by falling my shells in the ground before the tank of flying high over at maximum height of reticle with a steady aim at enemy tank.  this isnt about RNG this is about accuracy
  • Divide teams more equal by player abilities, so games with 15-1 and 2-15 become exceptions instead of main scores.  so and how would you judge the player abilities ? stock tanks? lags? plan to punish good players ? the better they are the worse their team get ?
  • Rebalance premium ammo, like higher pen with less damage to make it a strategic decision, or give it a max percentage (e.g. 15%) more pen than the standard ammo for all tanks, which differs hugely at the moment. pretty dumb idea the better the ammo the better the premium ammo ? if your ammo sucks on the other hand premium would suck too   an is6 would get 201 premium pen.  a UDES 331 ?  if you want is closer to Is6 just look at a is3 that would 259 pen.

Please reply.

minor changes ? you could do it ?  is it dunning kruger ? unterestimating the task, overestimating your own abilities ? 

at least you already fail at overlooking the consequence of "your" brand new ideas

TheOneAboveAII #11 Posted 03 December 2017 - 09:54 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12064 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT

View Post250swb, on 03 December 2017 - 09:21 AM, said:

Wait wut? Make prem ammo cost less but with the same stats as now? Wtf u smoking? No way in hell that would be a good thing...no...premium ammo needs to be changed this way...

ap...normal dmg and normal pen and then work from there

apcr...better shell velocity(+)...less normalisation(-)...more pen(+)...less dmg(-)(decrease % of the damage by the exact % of pen increase would be a nice way of doing it).

Heat...worse shell velocity(-)...bounces at 85°(+)...more pen(+)...less dmg(-)(same way as apcr)...doesn't lose pen over distance(+)...doesn't go through obstacles(-)

Hesh...less pen(-)...more dmg(+)(same as the decreased damage on heat and apcr but inverted to increase the damage by the % of pen decreased)...less shell velocity(-)...doesn't lose pen over distance(+)...doesn't bounce and has splash damage if it doesn't pen(+)...doesn't go through obstacles(-)

This would be a pretty good start on how to balance the ammo types...ah...and make them all the same price...so you won't just pay 4-5 times more for a flat out better ammo...so now you would pay the same for all...and just have to decide when to make the biggest trade of of them all...less dmg for more pen or less pen for more damage...of course taking into consideration all othee negatives and positives of that particular ammo type compared to the standard ammo type at a given moment.

And if you would actually take the time to read what i wrote there...you would see that the negatives(-) and positives(+) cancel out for each shell type...so i basically wrote in 5 minutes...what we ask wg to do for over 6 years...but still..."IT'S TOO F-CKING HARD!!!"

Edited by TheOneAboveAII, 03 December 2017 - 09:57 AM.

malachi6 #12 Posted 03 December 2017 - 12:00 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 48609 battles

Stock MM topic # 3394

Stock RNG topic # 7759

Edit: I appear to like double numbers when I make stuff up.

Edited by malachi6, 03 December 2017 - 12:20 PM.

RamRaid90 #13 Posted 03 December 2017 - 12:05 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 19672 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostHerrWilhelm, on 03 December 2017 - 03:58 AM, said:

Great idea, then you can lose more than you already do.

HerrWilhelm #14 Posted 03 December 2017 - 02:20 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 19094 battles
  • [RHPA] RHPA

View PostRamRaid90, on 03 December 2017 - 01:05 PM, said:

Great idea, then you can lose more than you already do.

I prefer a 13-15 loss where I got in to the end rather than a 15-1 victory where I travelled along with my team and did almost nothing (since my favourite tanks are mostly slow tanks)

vasilinhorulezz #15 Posted 03 December 2017 - 02:26 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21150 battles
GeT GooD.

HerrWilhelm #16 Posted 03 December 2017 - 03:22 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 19094 battles
  • [RHPA] RHPA

View Postvasilinhorulezz, on 03 December 2017 - 03:26 PM, said:

GeT GooD.

With this attitude you will never become that in real life.

vasilinhorulezz #17 Posted 03 December 2017 - 03:28 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21150 battles

View PostHerrWilhelm, on 03 December 2017 - 03:22 PM, said:

With this attitude you will never become that in real life.

Who said I want that?

Havenless #18 Posted 03 December 2017 - 05:39 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 413 battles

The real reason to re-open your wallet is that the game is absolutely unplayable without premium account and a few useful premium tanks. Nowadays the game has so many P2W qualities that only an idiot would play as free account and expect to be useful. The only exception to the rule are the players who used to have premium account and amassed a ton of silver.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users