Jump to content


a question about arty NO RANT!

arty

  • Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

_House #1 Posted 03 December 2017 - 11:51 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 29718 battles
  • 62
  • [ABI] ABI
  • Member since:
    08-29-2012

i dont play arty so want to know according to the arty changes accuracy and hit rate was increased but damage was reduced significantly and arty role changed from damage dealer to support role ( shock mechanics )

 

the question is i understand that being one shotted while playing scorpion g can be tolerable it usually must avoid being spotted but playing tier 9 medium ( amx 30 ) got almost one shotted 1200-1300 DMG and ammoracked tracked of course all is left was for another tank to kill me with one shot for the remaing ~350 hp....

 

Is this normal becasue i was pushing arty side to try to win if so then i should rethink about arty and play morre cautious but cant restrain myself from thinking why do you increase arty accuracy while it still can hit for too much and shock you !!!

 

please no whining or ranting is this rare or i shall be catious like before arty changes i was full hp was thinking ok if got hit by arty once i have big repair and  med kit but was wrong :(


Edited by _House, 03 December 2017 - 11:52 AM.


_snowfIake__ #2 Posted 03 December 2017 - 11:57 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 26580 battles
  • 635
  • Member since:
    08-16-2012
Sounds a bit like a whine in disguise.

Tiger_Panzermeyer #3 Posted 03 December 2017 - 12:00 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 9075 battles
  • 121
  • Member since:
    04-06-2017

''Is this normal''

Wg's balance works as intended, arty took 1080 hp from me in my super heavy o-ni so of course it's gonna take more from paper amx 30.



Sfinski #4 Posted 03 December 2017 - 12:00 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 30913 battles
  • 2,327
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
  • Member since:
    09-26-2013
*edited* Everybody knows that, even people defending it. They just want to ruin games for people better than them. They have admitted it in the forums. 

Edited by Daxeno, 03 December 2017 - 05:25 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.


jack_timber #5 Posted 03 December 2017 - 12:16 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 32373 battles
  • 1,877
  • Member since:
    07-26-2014

View PostSfinski, on 03 December 2017 - 11:00 AM, said:

*edited* Everybody knows that, even people defending it. They just want to ruin games for people better than them. They have admitted it in the forums.  

 

Ahh dear boy. When you say everybody you do mean you of course...

 

 



Sfinski #6 Posted 03 December 2017 - 12:18 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 30913 battles
  • 2,327
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
  • Member since:
    09-26-2013

View Postjack_timber, on 03 December 2017 - 01:16 PM, said:

 

Ahh dear boy. When you say everybody you do mean you of course...

 

 

 

Nope.

Matcorr #7 Posted 03 December 2017 - 12:19 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 22746 battles
  • 764
  • Member since:
    04-24-2013
The chances of doing high damage hits in arty is really low, like yesterday I hit a guy for about 1k in my M53/M55 and that's the highest I've hit since arty was changed.

Sfinski #8 Posted 03 December 2017 - 12:23 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 30913 battles
  • 2,327
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
  • Member since:
    09-26-2013

View PostMatcorr, on 03 December 2017 - 01:19 PM, said:

The chances of doing high damage hits in arty is really low, like yesterday I hit a guy for about 1k in my M53/M55 and that's the highest I've hit since arty was changed.

 

But chances of hitting when people are in cover, that's a whole another thing.

unhappy_bunny #9 Posted 03 December 2017 - 12:24 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 17923 battles
  • 2,455
  • [-OC-] -OC-
  • Member since:
    08-01-2012

View PostSfinski, on 03 December 2017 - 12:00 PM, said:

*edited* Everybody knows that, even people defending it. They just want to ruin games for people better than them. They have admitted it in the forums. 

 

Of course they do, doesnt everyone?

I mean, I know it doesnt happen often for me, but yesterday I was in my KV-2 and an ARL44 came around the corner and took my shell in the face. 800+ HP. I sure ruined his game. Did that worry me? Not one bit. He was showing Green stats on XVM. OK so not quite the same as Arty hitting from across the map, but it still ruined his game. 

 

As to the OP, sometimes you may have to adjust your play according to the trpe of tank you drive and the team composition. You mention the Scorpion, if you were driving a heavy with no view range and you knew there was the chance of a scorpion or other big hitting TD somewhere up ahead, would you just charge forward? or would you be just a little bit cautious?



psychobear #10 Posted 03 December 2017 - 12:38 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 18713 battles
  • 1,578
  • [7EVEN] 7EVEN
  • Member since:
    06-21-2012

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 03 December 2017 - 01:24 PM, said:

 

Of course they do, doesnt everyone?

I mean, I know it doesnt happen often for me, but yesterday I was in my KV-2 and an ARL44 came around the corner and took my shell in the face. 800+ HP. I sure ruined his game. Did that worry me? Not one bit. He was showing Green stats on XVM. OK so not quite the same as Arty hitting from across the map, but it still ruined his game. 

 

As to the OP, sometimes you may have to adjust your play according to the trpe of tank you drive and the team composition. You mention the Scorpion, if you were driving a heavy with no view range and you knew there was the chance of a scorpion or other big hitting TD somewhere up ahead, would you just charge forward? or would you be just a little bit cautious?

 

Being cautious against hidden TD's is one thing, being cautious against arty is quite another, becouse it means simply not playing the game. You can't be cautious against arty, especially in a slow tank. It will hit you nonetheless, sometimes even through hard cover. Only effective way to avoid the skycrap is to stop somewhere in an arty safe place and stay there. The second you try to play the game again, bang, you're getting "outplayed".

Balc0ra #11 Posted 03 December 2017 - 12:42 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 64272 battles
  • 15,384
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012
You're in a French tank.... you should always assume arty with high roll on you. As most of those have paper thin roofs and sides. Just like you should assume the 183 and even the SU-152 derp would vs you.

RamRaid90 #12 Posted 03 December 2017 - 12:44 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 20549 battles
  • 6,279
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

View PostTiger_Panzermeyer, on 03 December 2017 - 11:00 AM, said:

''Is this normal''

Wg's balance works as intended, arty took 1080 hp from me in my super heavy o-ni so of course it's gonna take more from paper amx 30.

 

Nevermind, you can always re-roll again.
 

View PostTiger_Panzermeyer, on 03 December 2017 - 11:00 AM, said:

''Is this normal''

Wg's balance works as intended, arty took 1080 hp from me in my super heavy o-ni so of course it's gonna take more from paper amx 30.

 

View PostMatcorr, on 03 December 2017 - 11:19 AM, said:

The chances of doing high damage hits in arty is really low, like yesterday I hit a guy for about 1k in my M53/M55 and that's the highest I've hit since arty was changed.

 

Please tell me it was an O-ni :great::teethhappy:
 

Enforcer1975 #13 Posted 03 December 2017 - 01:10 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 20465 battles
  • 10,528
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-04-2014

View PostBalc0ra, on 03 December 2017 - 12:42 PM, said:

You're in a French tank.... you should always assume arty with high roll on you. As most of those have paper thin roofs and sides. Just like you should assume the 183 and even the SU-152 derp would vs you.

It wouldn't even have made a difference if it had been old arty. He would still have lost most of his hp or worse. The only thing that changed is that arty whiners got their wish and get stunned, broken modules and injured crews multiple times a round instead of getting sent to the garage instantly. 



jack_timber #14 Posted 03 December 2017 - 01:13 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 32373 battles
  • 1,877
  • Member since:
    07-26-2014

*edited* 

 

Edited by Daxeno, 03 December 2017 - 05:32 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to off-topic conflict.


magkiln #15 Posted 03 December 2017 - 01:24 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 22589 battles
  • 731
  • [EKKE] EKKE
  • Member since:
    09-21-2015

View Post_House, on 03 December 2017 - 11:51 AM, said:

i dont play arty so want to know according to the arty changes accuracy and hit rate was increased but damage was reduced significantly and arty role changed from damage dealer to support role ( shock mechanics )

 

the question is i understand that being one shotted while playing scorpion g can be tolerable it usually must avoid being spotted but playing tier 9 medium ( amx 30 ) got almost one shotted 1200-1300 DMG and ammoracked tracked of course all is left was for another tank to kill me with one shot for the remaing ~350 hp....

 

Is this normal becasue i was pushing arty side to try to win if so then i should rethink about arty and play morre cautious but cant restrain myself from thinking why do you increase arty accuracy while it still can hit for too much and shock you !!!

 

please no whining or ranting is this rare or i shall be catious like before arty changes i was full hp was thinking ok if got hit by arty once i have big repair and  med kit but was wrong :(

 

That's a pretty high damage roll, but, yes, in a tank like that, you will take a lot of damage. Remember that the arty shell can land on top where you basically have no armour.

If you want to avoid this:

  • Keep moving. Between the despersion and the long aim time, most artyplayers won't even try to hit a moving target as long as there are stationary ones available.
  • Don't think you're safe behind a wall or rock. Splash damage can still wreck your tank
  • Check your crew training. Make sure you have safe-stowage on the loader to avoid exploding ammoracks and repairs on everyone to get your tracks back up.
  • Don't park next to another tank. Arty loves hitting multiple targets with one shot.
  • Use your medkit. A stunned tank is a dead tank but it's easy to fix
  • CHeck what kind of arty is in play. A rapid firing, low alpha artillery presents a completely different threat from a fires-once-per-game-but-blasts-half-the-map kind of SPG

 

But my best advice: PLAY ARTY. You can unlock mid-tier artillery on the AMerican and Russian tech trees from other branches (Chaffee->M41 and KV2-> S-51) That will safe you the effort of grinding the whole line. You don't have to like it, or play it often, but play a few games now and then to learn what it can and cannot do.

 

As for all the complaints, a couple of days ago I played the ISU152. My first shot landed on the front of a T-10 and blew up his ammorack. 1400 damage and a kill in one shot from a TD that he never spotted.  DId that ruin his game? Of course it did! But that's our job! To ruin the game of players on the other team, just like they try to ruin ours.

SInce the latest nerf, artillery can no longer defend itself effectively and will occasionally bounce without damage when hitting heavy tanks or assault guns. IN return we got better accuracy (a little) and the stun effect that everybody can fix by using a medkit. And that wasn't the first nerf either. Basically, WG have been nerfing artillery ever since it got introduced. It's time for the complaints to stop.
 

 

 


Edited by magkiln, 03 December 2017 - 01:26 PM.


K_A #16 Posted 03 December 2017 - 01:28 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 13581 battles
  • 4,663
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    04-18-2013
Arty damage and pen was significantly reduced, but it still has a pen value on the shell, and there are still tanks with 20mm or thinner armour plates that those arty shells are perfectly capable of penetrating with a direct hit. The Skorpion turret shield thingy is one example.

vixu #17 Posted 03 December 2017 - 01:29 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 41883 battles
  • 3,168
  • Member since:
    03-19-2011
with rebalance the target has to be very soft, or arty has to be very lucky to deliver full alpha. So, yes, if you drive scorpion, then try not to get detected. 

Sfinski #18 Posted 03 December 2017 - 01:59 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 30913 battles
  • 2,327
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
  • Member since:
    09-26-2013

*edited* 

 

Edited by Daxeno, 03 December 2017 - 05:33 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to off-topic conflict.


_House #19 Posted 03 December 2017 - 02:05 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 29718 battles
  • 62
  • [ABI] ABI
  • Member since:
    08-29-2012

i will play assuming arty will high roll from now on....

 

but insted of reducing penetration they should have reduced alpha damage not every tank in this game is mouse !! if they were sincere about the change of arty role from damage dealer to support so what was the point  of shock mechanics and increasing accuracy when alpha damage is still high only heavy tanks or heavily armored tanks benefit from the change the situation is worse for lightly aromred tanks that get targeted by arty more thane before i noticed when i drive my E100 i get less targeted than my scorpion G soo do the changes work as inteded or this is a side effect ?!!

 

Thanks for tips i guess i have to change play style in meds before changes it was hard for arty to hit fast tanks but now i guess heavys should push and meds camp?! lol



PoIestar #20 Posted 03 December 2017 - 02:36 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 31501 battles
  • 4,070
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    05-02-2013

Not a rant, but the reason why you came here is to tell you're frustrated by somebody polluting your gameplay. Ironic.

 

Anyway, nothing, never, ever can make arty good for anyone. People who play it are sad (yes, if you're an arty player reading this, the thought of not being able to defend yourself so you drown is sad, and you need to face it), people who have to play against arty are always frustrated (and stun mechanic really didn't help there) and at times they can still click 60% of your HP away. Fair and balanced. How about no.

 

Arty should be removed and NOTHING should be refunded to nobody. And no, 65k battle with a 96 to 4 ratio of arty to tanks played people, I don't feel sorry for you if this happens. If playing arty is your way of satisfaction in a game you should indeed be refunded nothing, so you can stop playing this game and find a hobby. And while you're at it, re-evaluate your life choices.

I did play arty myself for missions, I hated every second of it, and if all the proof of that could be erased from my stats I don't even care if I get refunded for buying those arty's. It's time to face the things this game really needs.


Edited by PoIestar, 03 December 2017 - 02:37 PM.






Also tagged with arty

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users