Jump to content


Why is the hill on Redshire still available?


  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Steeleye_Spam #1 Posted 03 December 2017 - 03:22 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 29290 battles
  • 255
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-31-2014
Really, I don't understand why they didn't block off access to this spot when they fixed the other maps. Its ridiculously powerful. Other mountain goating spots of other maps which are now not available weren't half as useful. Masses of cover both soft and hard, can see half the damn map. Grrr.

vasilinhorulezz #2 Posted 03 December 2017 - 03:26 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 22813 battles
  • 1,109
  • Member since:
    09-26-2014

View PostSteeleye_Spam, on 03 December 2017 - 03:22 PM, said:

Really, I don't understand why they didn't block off access to this spot when they fixed the other maps. Its ridiculously powerful. Other mountain goating spots of other maps which are now not available weren't half as useful. Masses of cover both soft and hard, can see half the damn map. Grrr.

 

I'm pretty sure, after the "fix", most of the climbs are still doable, but I guess that 'd be me.

 

 

 

Ps. On a serious note, all climbs should be blocked, and I think it would be easier to fix them, by just adjusting the terrain resistances of those spots, so nothing can drive by it.

But, hey it's WG we 're talking about.



Spurtung #3 Posted 03 December 2017 - 03:29 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 64791 battles
  • 5,900
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View PostSteeleye_Spam, on 03 December 2017 - 04:22 PM, said:

Really, I don't understand why they didn't block off access to this spot when they fixed the other maps. Its ridiculously powerful. Other mountain goating spots of other maps which are now not available weren't half as useful. Masses of cover both soft and hard, can see half the damn map. Grrr.

 

You don't understand because you seem to not grasp basic concepts.

 

  • Karelia
  • Steppes
  • Lakeville
  • Abbey
  • Mines
  • Sacred Valley
  • Mountain Pass
  • El Halluf
  • Arctic Region

 

Those were the ones they fixed (supposedly, since there are still issues with them).

Do you happen to read Redshire in that list of 9 maps? No? Do you still don't understand?



Mimos_A #4 Posted 03 December 2017 - 03:40 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 24574 battles
  • 2,031
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L
  • Member since:
    05-30-2015

View PostSpurtung, on 03 December 2017 - 03:29 PM, said:

 

You don't understand because you seem to not grasp basic concepts.

 

  • Karelia
  • Steppes
  • Lakeville
  • Abbey
  • Mines
  • Sacred Valley
  • Mountain Pass
  • El Halluf
  • Arctic Region

 

Those were the ones they fixed (supposedly, since there are still issues with them).

Do you happen to read Redshire in that list of 9 maps? No? Do you still don't understand?

 

I think he means that one should have been on that list and fixed. And I kind of agree, that climb is just game-breaking, it should have been one of the ones with the highest priority to get rid of..

suvicze #5 Posted 03 December 2017 - 04:54 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 19297 battles
  • 662
  • [CS-TB] CS-TB
  • Member since:
    08-07-2010

Nah, most of the climbs are still possible to do. If they by some mirracle blocked one path, they forgot about the other one or two which could be used to reach the same spot...

The only thing they actually managed to do was to screw up one of the few somewhat decent positions on El Halluf for td from the left side :D And that was a position with basically no cover :D



Spurtung #6 Posted 03 December 2017 - 04:55 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 64791 battles
  • 5,900
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View PostMimos_A, on 03 December 2017 - 04:40 PM, said:

I think he means that one should have been on that list and fixed.

 

There are about 40 maps. Everyone will have an opinion about features in all maps (a bush, a rock, a tree) they may find unfair or whatnot. Therefore, if it is what you say he was talking about, it's only a matter of unfulfilled expectations. I'd say anyone over 20 should start getting used to that.



Mimos_A #7 Posted 03 December 2017 - 04:58 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 24574 battles
  • 2,031
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L
  • Member since:
    05-30-2015

View PostSpurtung, on 03 December 2017 - 04:55 PM, said:

 

There are about 40 maps. Everyone will have an opinion about features in all maps (a bush, a rock, a tree) they may find unfair or whatnot. Therefore, if it is what you say he was talking about, it's only a matter of unfulfilled expectations. I'd say anyone over 20 should start getting used to that.

 

Well, that hill on Redshire is as broken as climbs go. As he says, they "fixed" some climbs that were way less damaging to the gameplay. Their priorities over what to fix are a bit odd to say the least.

jack_timber #8 Posted 03 December 2017 - 05:11 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 33977 battles
  • 2,151
  • Member since:
    07-26-2014

Just as well there's Arty to flush them out.

 



StonesThrow #9 Posted 03 December 2017 - 05:12 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 16819 battles
  • 69
  • [LTGDK] LTGDK
  • Member since:
    07-29-2011
Simply because they don't give a F. That position is indeed broken and should be fixed asap..

Xaneleon #10 Posted 03 December 2017 - 05:13 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • WGL PRO Player
  • 22583 battles
  • 1,018
  • [ROIDS] ROIDS
  • Member since:
    01-09-2013
Because reasons

Spurtung #11 Posted 03 December 2017 - 05:13 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 64791 battles
  • 5,900
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View PostMimos_A, on 03 December 2017 - 05:58 PM, said:

 

Well, that hill on Redshire is as broken as climbs go. As he says, they "fixed" some climbs that were way less damaging to the gameplay. Their priorities over what to fix are a bit odd to say the least.

 

Only if you apply common sense to decision making. If you slap a WG logo to it, the thought process becomes much more clear.

Derethim #12 Posted 03 December 2017 - 05:33 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 17677 battles
  • 1,983
  • Member since:
    04-03-2012

View PostSpurtung, on 03 December 2017 - 04:55 PM, said:

 

There are about 40 maps. Everyone will have an opinion about features in all maps (a bush, a rock, a tree) they may find unfair or whatnot. Therefore, if it is what you say he was talking about, it's only a matter of unfulfilled expectations. I'd say anyone over 20 should start getting used to that.

 

Sorry dude, but I agree, that there are certain broken spots on maps, that should have a priority in getting fixed, Redshire being one of them.

Spurtung #13 Posted 03 December 2017 - 05:47 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 64791 battles
  • 5,900
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View PostDerethim, on 03 December 2017 - 06:33 PM, said:

 

Sorry dude, but I agree, that there are certain broken spots on maps, that should have a priority in getting fixed, Redshire being one of them.

 

It's WG, good luck making them listen.

Tomotorqemada #14 Posted 03 December 2017 - 08:06 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 16803 battles
  • 414
  • Member since:
    03-21-2017
How I hate you all moaners who still cant get themselves comfortable with an amazing fact that we live in a 3d world. This kind of whining provoked WG to start this parade of mediocrity, taking out the rare bits of diversity from this corridor range arcade. Thousand thanks to Xan and the #goatse for finding new paths for goating to survive.
Indeed, we have to ask WG to port the fy_iceworld map to the WOT plattform -  this d be your favourite map
Just substitute the guns on the ground with tank respawns
nothing personal and no offense intended, but after so many gitguders here dump all cheatmoaning threads or rngmoaning threads...
 

Edited by Tomotorqemada, 03 December 2017 - 08:15 PM.


Mimos_A #15 Posted 03 December 2017 - 09:40 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 24574 battles
  • 2,031
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L
  • Member since:
    05-30-2015

View PostTomotorqemada, on 03 December 2017 - 08:06 PM, said:

How I hate you all moaners who still cant get themselves comfortable with an amazing fact that we live in a 3d world. This kind of whining provoked WG to start this parade of mediocrity, taking out the rare bits of diversity from this corridor range arcade. Thousand thanks to Xan and the #goatse for finding new paths for goating to survive.
Indeed, we have to ask WG to port the fy_iceworld map to the WOT plattform -  this d be your favourite map
Just substitute the guns on the ground with tank respawns
nothing personal and no offense intended, but after so many gitguders here dump all cheatmoaning threads or rngmoaning threads...
 

 

If variety to you is stupid locations where one annoying guy in a fast tank can bore out games if he happens to spawn on one side of the map then variety can go piss on itself.

 

You can have tons of variety without having blatantly broken positions only accessible to a few tanks from one spawn.



Phobos4321 #16 Posted 03 December 2017 - 10:16 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 43226 battles
  • 8,471
  • Member since:
    09-27-2011

they working full power ahead on HD maps 

 

do you think they will "fix" a normal map before ? when HD maps should fix it anyway ?

 

delay there probably biggest marketing card they gained in the last years   just to fix a single map ?

 

might be better to just limit its occurance in the mappool  so we see it less

 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users