Ruineberg

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

MetaCube63 #1 Posted 03 December 2017 - 10:48 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5868 battles
  • [LICS] LICS

What the [edited]am i supposed to do on this map when im in a bottom tier light ?

I cant go city cuz i have no armor/alpha/pen.

I cant spot around the ridgeline because i will be instantly nuked by tds.

I cant go village since i will be shred by meds/higher tier lights/sometimes heavies.

Phobos4321 #2 Posted 03 December 2017 - 10:52 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 42812 battles
play your next game and hope for a better map  some tanks are situational  and not every situation might be in our favour  we all got to deal with it

MetaCube63 #3 Posted 03 December 2017 - 10:55 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5868 battles
  • [LICS] LICS
Yeah, i know, i would like to have some tips for this map, since i suck even worse on it than on ensk.

Jigabachi #4 Posted 03 December 2017 - 10:56 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17753 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Depending on how many teammates are on the flank, you make sure that the enemy team doesn't get the map control there. You simply do that by carefully spotting on that hill street and poking in and out around the buildings on the hill. 

Then you hope that your city guys win there, so that you can finally advance and do something. And if your city team loses ground, you shoot the enemies while they cross the city center.

But yes, it's a shitty map.

Edited by Jigabachi, 03 December 2017 - 10:57 PM.

Balc0ra #5 Posted 03 December 2017 - 11:00 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62806 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostMetaCube63, on 03 December 2017 - 10:48 PM, said:

I cant go city cuz i have no armor/alpha/pen.

Unless you are top tier, and there are only a few HT's on the enemy team, or they go lemming on field. Not ideal no.

I cant spot around the ridgeline because i will be instantly nuked by tds.

Active spotting sure. But if you spawn from the north, there are bushes and trees you can knock over near the crossroad, and peek over behind those,as I even did LT-15 on the stug from there back in the day in the 13 90. Then you can spot the road leading up, and the F line road down to town at the same time. So arty in base as something to hit, and your village meds has something to hit. Or the bushes near the buildings from the other side to get intel. Some even use the cracks or the space between buildings to spot via there from the south.

I cant go village since i will be shred by meds/higher tier lights/sometimes heavies.

From the north you usually have a few TD's on the A line. Stay near the road on the 0 line and look into town is not the worst idea. As they can still fire on anyone trying to push down it before the ditch comes. From the south, either use the bush line on the 0 line front of the TD's to spot the 0 line and between the buildings, the rock on the 8 line near the houses. If you have zero meds on your side near the buildings. No point going to far down it, then just spot what comes out if it for your TD's or sniper meds.

Map is still highly situational on what your team does, regardless of what tank or tier you are in. Even so, early intel on how much goes the small village is still not the stupidest thing to do. Of if your team goes full lemming to the village and just sit there and wait vs 2 guns. Going down the 0 line to spot for them is not the worst idea either. As the longer they sit there, the longer town has to lose and them to get around it. As not many usually react to it.

Enforcer1975 #6 Posted 03 December 2017 - 11:08 PM

General

• Player
  • 18386 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I actually started going town especially when i start south because i just can't play the 0 line aggressively when nobody covers so i almost always end up dead. In town i try to hold off tanks on the 1 line taking shots at my teammates at the church and if the situation allows try to break through. That alone and being bottom tier bait is distraction enough to have the guns in my team take sideshots when they point at me. And if they ignore me i am the one doing the sideshots.

etody77 #7 Posted 03 December 2017 - 11:20 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 58408 battles
  • [PT-RO] PT-RO
go village and try to de some damage before dying, maybe some teammates help you in a rush and, you will make a good game

hajoittaja #8 Posted 03 December 2017 - 11:22 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 36652 battles
  • [ELC-P] ELC-P
I usually rush the middle ridge and try to get early spots. Then I try to flank heavies through the middle corridor and spot enemy meds in the village. If the field seems empty, I will rush near the red line (if I have support) to spot TDs and arty and try to sneak behind the enemy lines. It's a bit risky map to play lights, but sometimes you can make big impact to the game. 

HeidenSieker #9 Posted 03 December 2017 - 11:24 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 03 December 2017 - 11:00 PM, said:

Active spotting sure. But if you spawn from the north, there are bushes and trees you can knock over near the crossroad, and peek over behind those

:) I call it "nesting".

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users