MM for platoons

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Nerumancer #1 Posted 03 December 2017 - 11:32 PM

Private

• Player
  • 13933 battles
  • [PB6] PB6

Without any knowledge of the MM, but are platoons matched totally different from regular pubs?

I'm asking because of the latest weeks matches. Playing single I'm averaging about 55-57% over time. Platooning we are close to 40%. About 300 games in each form. My platoon mate has similar stats. We are both players with about 52% win rate and 1400wn8. So a little above average. Should be able to pull our own weight. We don't do yolo/crazy Ivan tactics, so that's not the case. Also 40% is close to the average that totally inactive players should have.

This looks really strange and I can't help getting the feeling that we are matched in teams that melts pretty quick and we are expected to do heavy carries in every game.

UrQuan #2 Posted 03 December 2017 - 11:43 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 19049 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Platoons are weighted heavier then solo play, hence you land alot more bottomtier/midtier then in solo play. Because of this, you indeed have to do more effort to gain the same result.

However, platoons do tend to get matched against each other as well, to maintain the balance.

Mimos_A #3 Posted 03 December 2017 - 11:53 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21259 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

I don't really notice any difference. If anything I win a lot more in platoons because I have at least one teammate with a working brain that I can count on.

EDIT: I mostly play tier 9 and 10 in platoons though, so that might be why I don't notice much difference.

Edited by Mimos_A, 04 December 2017 - 12:11 AM.

Nerumancer #4 Posted 04 December 2017 - 12:14 AM

Private

• Player
  • 13933 battles
  • [PB6] PB6
Doesn't help to have a good player on your team when the whole team melts 50% of the games and the enemy having massively better players. Tonights session we have had 4 games when 14 of their tankers have better rating than we have. And then it doesn't help that me and my platoon mate are top 5 most games we play when we have 4-5 players with 0-1 shots penetrating :(

Cobra6 #5 Posted 04 December 2017 - 10:50 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16295 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Platoons indeed get artificially handicapped by the Matchmaker and put as bottom tier far more often. So effectively Wargaming punishes you for playing an online team based game with friends.

Platoons should have *exactly* the same matchmaking as solo players, especially now that the MM puts the same tier/amount of platoons in each team.

Cobra 6

japtank #6 Posted 04 December 2017 - 10:55 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27611 battles

I mostly platoon with my 13old son and my results are way better when playing with him.

Time for me te be carried *proud face*

Quite happy with the MM at the moment, either solo or in platoon.

arthurwellsley #7 Posted 04 December 2017 - 10:57 AM

Major

• Player
  • 50480 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

Do the 9.15 patch bonuses for platooning still apply?

Aikl #8 Posted 04 December 2017 - 10:59 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 25141 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postarthurwellsley, on 04 December 2017 - 09:57 AM, said:

Do the 9.15 patch bonuses for platooning still apply?

(...)

Not sure if the exact rates apply, but I've seen the "bonus for same-tier platoon" in the battle result screen recently.

arthurwellsley #9 Posted 04 December 2017 - 11:05 AM

Major

• Player
  • 50480 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

View PostCobra6, on 04 December 2017 - 09:50 AM, said:

Platoons indeed get artificially handicapped by the Matchmaker and put as bottom tier far more often. So effectively Wargaming punishes you for playing an online team based game with friends.

Platoons should have *exactly* the same matchmaking as solo players, especially now that the MM puts the same tier/amount of platoons in each team.

Cobra 6

We all know that this happens. But the 9.18 patch notes make no mention of this;

Specific features of the new matchmaker:

• Pattern-based matchmaker. The new matchmaker for Random Battles based on predetermined patterns. Pattern is a complex of team characteristics, including the number of vehicles at the top/middle/bottom of the team list, number of Platoons, number of light/medium/heavy tanks, SPGs, and tank destroyers. The teams are always created according to the following rule: number of vehicles at the bottom of the team list should exceed the number of vehicles at the top or middle of the team list. The priority pattern for three-tier battles is 3-5-7; the pattern for two-tier battles is 5-10. One-tier battles are allowed under conditions when other patterns are not possible.
  • Only same-tier Platoons are allowed.
  • The number of SPGs per team should not exceed three vehicles.
  • Enabled the limitation for usage of SPGs in Platoons. Selection of SPGs in the Platoon window is disabled. The limitation affects both Platoons that include only SPGs and Platoons that include other vehicle types.
  • The matchmaker considers the number of light tanks and tank destroyers.
  • The difference in the number of Platoons should not exceed one full Platoon (three players).
  • Preference of placing a player at the top/middle of the team list, if they have already played several battles at the bottom of the team list.
  • Improvements to the map selection mechanics that decreases the chance of playing on the same maps within a game session.

Source = https://worldoftanks...e-announcement/

Cobra6 #10 Posted 05 December 2017 - 10:40 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16295 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Postarthurwellsley, on 04 December 2017 - 10:05 AM, said:

We all know that this happens. But the 9.18 patch notes make no mention of this;

Specific features of the new matchmaker:

• Pattern-based matchmaker. The new matchmaker for Random Battles based on predetermined patterns. Pattern is a complex of team characteristics, including the number of vehicles at the top/middle/bottom of the team list, number of Platoons, number of light/medium/heavy tanks, SPGs, and tank destroyers. The teams are always created according to the following rule: number of vehicles at the bottom of the team list should exceed the number of vehicles at the top or middle of the team list. The priority pattern for three-tier battles is 3-5-7; the pattern for two-tier battles is 5-10. One-tier battles are allowed under conditions when other patterns are not possible.
  • Only same-tier Platoons are allowed.
  • The number of SPGs per team should not exceed three vehicles.
  • Enabled the limitation for usage of SPGs in Platoons. Selection of SPGs in the Platoon window is disabled. The limitation affects both Platoons that include only SPGs and Platoons that include other vehicle types.
  • The matchmaker considers the number of light tanks and tank destroyers.
  • The difference in the number of Platoons should not exceed one full Platoon (three players).
  • Preference of placing a player at the top/middle of the team list, if they have already played several battles at the bottom of the team list.
  • Improvements to the map selection mechanics that decreases the chance of playing on the same maps within a game session.

Source = https://worldoftanks...e-announcement/

In one of the subsequent patches they tweaked the MM for platoons or something along that line in roughly those words so they admitted platoons have different matchmaking than solo players.

Problem was that two patches ago platoons were bottom tier 80% of the time, mid tier 20% of the time and never top tier.

Cobra 6

adameitas #11 Posted 05 December 2017 - 05:05 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 60551 battles
  • [KITTY] KITTY

View PostCobra6, on 05 December 2017 - 09:40 AM, said:

In one of the subsequent patches they tweaked the MM for platoons or something along that line in roughly those words so they admitted platoons have different matchmaking than solo players.

Problem was that two patches ago platoons were bottom tier 80% of the time, mid tier 20% of the time and never top tier.

Cobra 6

not sure that they changed anything.. last weekend i tryed platoon after long time. played like 10 games in 3 man platoon in t9. Not a single time top tier..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users