The problems with the map and MM.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

maxim131 #1 Posted 04 December 2017 - 10:07 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3391 battles

I like to play medium tanks, since this is what is the only thing is available to me. However what bothers me is the maps.

Most maps are usualy corridors or totaly open maps.

In corridor maps It's usualy limited only for heavy tanks, It's unplayable if you're light, medium or even bottom tier heavy. My tactics on medium tanks cosist on spotting at the start of the game, then when I gathered enough information about enemy positions, I go try to deal some damage by flanking or being sneaky. However, thats not possible since on corridor maps you cant really play much as a scout for the starting of the game, cause there are not enough open arenas for scouting and all flanks are usualy camped by heavies and TD's.

And the open maps, It's a campfest for arty and TD's, I'm talking about maps like Malinovka. You can do spotting as being medium/light, but you can't really do much damage and action stuff since you will get sniped by camping TD's, and the top hill of that map is usualy for heavy's.

For matchmaking please, stop with the +2 tier battle, have any of you ever had any good game as bottom tier heavy, not me. Being bottom tier heavy is just unplayiable.

Szybk1 #2 Posted 04 December 2017 - 10:15 PM

Private

• Player
  • 30613 battles
I'm sorry mate but I doubt WG will be rebalancing any of the artillery's. Anyway back to the point one way I like to ''avoid'' this corridor maps is turn Encounter battles on as they are usually Sand River. They have recently improved the MM for light's but I highly doubt that they will add in +1 MM or something along those lines. May I ask what medium tanks you are playing? ( I do see you have 3k battles).

maxim131 #3 Posted 04 December 2017 - 10:23 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 3391 battles

I usualy played soviet mediums

I do not have enough EXP and credits for higher tier tanks, so I stuck with tier 6 tanks

Edited by maxim131, 04 December 2017 - 10:25 PM.

Szybk1 #4 Posted 04 December 2017 - 10:39 PM

Private

• Player
  • 30613 battles
Ok. That's fine , I am pretty sure you unlock encounter at tier 6. Anyway these types of things can't really be changed by the community even though wargaming says so... So that pretty much means that you have to just get used it unfortunately. I hate to say this but it is true. I remember when I was in your position where I could not progress so I literally played about 500 battles in freemiums (free premiums from wargaming e.g T-34-85M or BT-7 art) Like the LTP and I got about 2 million and sold my previous tanks. I would never recommend to sell tanks but sometimes you have to do it. If you don't want to do that you can just get your wallet out but don't make the mistake that I made being a Semi tank collector and buying way to much premiums. If I was broke (not saying you are) I would most likely look at the advent calendar and look for cheap tier 6-8's that's where the credits are made. Remember to get the most op ones e.g E-25 great credit make but I doubt it will be in the advent calendar. If you're really cheaping out I'd suggest going on ebay or similar websites and buy a bonus code. Other from that I don't know how you could get higher tier tanks apart from grinding. For me the first tank line was the hardest. From there you will be getting tier 10's every week to 2 weeks. So basically just grind.

Scabolcz #5 Posted 04 December 2017 - 10:43 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14653 battles
If you can't beat them... Join them! :trollface:

Now seriously, don't see any problem with those maps, the one that bothers me the most is attacking in Sand River... Can be really tricky

Edited by Scabolcz, 04 December 2017 - 10:46 PM.

Szybk1 #6 Posted 04 December 2017 - 10:45 PM

Private

• Player
  • 30613 battles
I was going to say that :D

unhappy_bunny #7 Posted 04 December 2017 - 11:21 PM

Major

• Player
  • 18576 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View Postmaxim131, on 04 December 2017 - 10:07 PM, said:

I like to play medium tanks, since this is what is the only thing is available to me. Strange? What stops you playing Heavies for instance? 

However what bothers me is the maps.

Most maps are usualy corridors or totaly open maps. Doesn't stop other players in Mediums

In corridor maps It's usualy limited only for heavy tanks, It's unplayable if you're light, medium or even bottom tier heavy. My tactics on medium tanks cosist on spotting at the start of the game, then when I gathered enough information about enemy positions, I go try to deal some damage by flanking or being sneaky. However, thats not possible since on corridor maps you cant really play much as a scout for the starting of the game, cause there are not enough open arenas for scouting and all flanks are usualy camped by heavies and TD's.

And the open maps, It's a campfest for arty and TD's, I'm talking about maps like Malinovka. You can do spotting as being medium/light, but you can't really do much damage and action stuff since you will get sniped by camping TD's, and the top hill of that map is usualy for heavy's.

For matchmaking please, stop with the +2 tier battle, have any of you ever had any good game as bottom tier heavy, not me. Being bottom tier heavy is just unplayiable.

Perhaps you need to look at the way you are playing Mediums. Your style might not be right and needs adjusting. Otherwise, why not play your Heavies or Lights. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users