presentation math lecture unibe economics multitasking moralhazard

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Tomotorqemada #1 Posted 05 December 2017 - 05:16 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 17512 battles

Hey folks, 

Many a time last 3 months do I see the dispute bout LT's and how their effort in either of their functions shall be rewarded. Here I've attached a nice presentation of a lecture by prof.Moeller, UniBe (hope attachment goes gud), from the course on Contracts and Incentives. It is quite intuitive and exploits some mickeymouse models for clarity. The 'Multitasking' part could give some clarity as to how these compensation schemes work (and work not lol)

Attached File   03 - Informativeness and Multitasking.pdf   150.31K

Aikl #2 Posted 05 December 2017 - 05:33 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 26066 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
You kind of need a 'tl;dr', but I'm guessing the point is "you shouldn't expect light tanks to spot when the reward is greater for damage"? Anyway interesting to get some 'professional' context on game-related matters. :)

On a somewhat related matter:
 Attached is the nice assertation from Michael Alschibaja Theimuras, a well-known urologist.

(I just wanted to post this, because it's a real thing; though too explicit to post in its entirety.)

Edited by Aikl, 05 December 2017 - 05:34 PM.

Tomotorqemada #3 Posted 05 December 2017 - 05:56 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 17512 battles

View PostAikl, on 05 December 2017 - 05:33 PM, said:

"you shouldn't expect light tanks to spot when the reward is greater for damage"?

Well thats the intuition, nonetheless discussion arises every now and then so that people even offer nerfing LT guns lol. Im just still butthurt bout those 8.5 k spot and no ace in lttb. From the sense of the ace badge it should award outstanding results in all functions of a given tank, and I bet 8.5 k fits the 1% marge of ace pool. 

Aikl #4 Posted 05 December 2017 - 06:10 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 26066 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostTomotorqemada, on 05 December 2017 - 04:56 PM, said:

Well thats the intuition, nonetheless discussion arises every now and then so that people even offer nerfing LT guns lol. Im just still butthurt bout those 8.5 k spot and no ace in lttb. From the sense of the ace badge it should award outstanding results in all functions of a given tank, and I bet 8.5 k fits the 1% marge of ace pool. 

Interesting, care to share that replay? Not sure if experience calculation is entirely dynamic linear with battle achievements, i.e. intended to not reward rushing to a bush and simply sitting there, but instead rewarding you more for doing both damage and spotting... kind of. No idea what you did in that battle, but you get what I mean.

Edited by Aikl, 05 December 2017 - 06:18 PM.

Tomotorqemada #5 Posted 05 December 2017 - 07:52 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 17512 battles

View PostAikl, on 05 December 2017 - 06:10 PM, said:

Interesting, care to share that replay? Not sure if experience calculation is entirely dynamic linear with battle achievements, i.e. intended to not reward rushing to a bush and simply sitting there, but instead rewarding you more for doing both damage and spotting... kind of. No idea what you did in that battle, but you get what I mean.

tnx 4 reminding me - replay is on my last hdd (before i switched to ssd a month ago) and i still have to rescue tons of data from there. i will sure share

Also tagged with presentation, math, lecture, unibe, economics, multitasking, moralhazard

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users