• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

OreH75 #21 Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:09 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 48212 battles
  • [RANGR] RANGR

View Postflashbarts, on 06 December 2017 - 11:04 AM, said:

yes i would because the MAUS in question went to the corner of the map and stayed there all game..

Defending arty is a pretty important job and with 3000hp you can take a lot of hits, good choice!

Mimos_A #22 Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:16 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 24562 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

View Postflashbarts, on 06 December 2017 - 11:06 AM, said:

class Trumpism - ignore the issue at hand and do the old 'what about them though'...the difference dear child, is that i may well be crapat T10 but don't have a WN8 of under 200 and have a vague idea on where to go and what to do, even if skills ensure i often dont succeed...

If you don't manage to win games I don't care about your wn8. You and that Maus both damage your team's chance to win games at tier 10.

Edited by Mimos_A, 06 December 2017 - 11:16 AM.

HugSeal #23 Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:28 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 22717 battles
  • [SWEC] SWEC

class Trumpism - ignore the issue at hand and do the old 'what about them though'...the difference dear child, is that i may well be crapat T10 but don't have a WN8 of under 200 and have a vague idea on where to go and what to do, even if skills ensure i often dont succeed...

No, you apparently don't have even a vague idea about where to go or what to do, that is why you keep losing games for your team.

And me pointing out what a huge hypocrite you are has nothing at all about trumpism or "what about them" to do. It is rather funny that yo point out trumpism and whatnot just before you decide to be a condescending git by calling me "dear child". Not only are you crap at the game, you are a frigging duck in discussions aswell.

It is hilarious that you think that is even somewhat effective though. 

You state that you don't think bad players should be allowed at tier ten.

I call you a hypocrite since you are a crap player at tier ten yet you still play the tier.

Your response is to adjust the scenario just right so that player slightly below your skill-level cannot play while you will still be allowed to. But how have you found where to draw this arbitrary line? Why do you think that you, who actively loses games for your team, should be allowed to play tier ten while you don't think that some other player that actively loses games for his team should not?

Edited by HugSeal, 06 December 2017 - 11:34 AM.

LeGod7 #24 Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:43 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 847 battles

43 and 44% WRs in your Patton and E5 suggests that you do not have a 'vague idea on where to go and what to do'. 

WN8 is largely irrelevant, you are complaining 'a bot' impacted your team's chances to win and are clearly advocating SBMM, yet in many of your tier 10s, you clearly have a large negative impact on your team's chances to win and thus your post is very hypocritical. 

Plus the issue in hand is crap players on tier 10 no? And you are clearly a crap player on tier 10, thus you are very much the 'issue at hand'. 

People in glass houses and all that.......

TungstenHitman #25 Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:54 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 23033 battles

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 05 December 2017 - 08:31 PM, said:

And some players complain about others at T10 while having not being the 'beez kneez' themselves.

It's not even about that. I don't think anyone minds players that average or poor or whatever so long as they have, by tier 8, certainly tier9 and definitely by tier 10, learned the basics of this game and are rich in both knowledge and experience the 20 fu**ing thousand battles should dictate. No, the players everyone is referring too is this clueless selfish f***heads that fail their way miserably to higher tiers and cluelessly around the maps being a total liability to every team they curse with their retar*** presence, camping redline in their Maus all battle long, bashing into experienced players taking shots at targets, blocking teammates, stopping in front of teammates guns... it goes on... THIS is the player experienced players get pissed about.

It's not even an argument about being great or average or poor it's being totally clueless, simply. What I'll never understand is the why.. what do you get out of it? What pleasure is there losing stacks of credits, being killed all the time and getting raged at and reported every battle. Does it not make more sense to play tier1 if you're that clueless and uninterested in learning? Why not stay with the cheap little racy pew pew gun tanks for dimwits and you'll fit right in, exactly the playstyle and type of stuff you're looking for?

redgismo #26 Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:16 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 31823 battles

View PostTungstenHitman, on 06 December 2017 - 10:54 AM, said:

It's not even about that. I don't think anyone minds players that average or poor or whatever so long as they have, by tier 8, certainly tier9 and definitely by tier 10, learned the basics of this game and are rich in both knowledge and experience the 20 fu**ing thousand battles should dictate. No, the players everyone is referring too is this clueless selfish f***heads that fail their way miserably to higher tiers and cluelessly around the maps being a total liability to every team they curse with their retar*** presence, camping redline in their Maus all battle long, bashing into experienced players taking shots at targets, blocking teammates, stopping in front of teammates guns... it goes on... THIS is the player experienced players get pissed about.

It's not even an argument about being great or average or poor it's being totally clueless, simply. What I'll never understand is the why.. what do you get out of it? What pleasure is there losing stacks of credits, being killed all the time and getting raged at and reported every battle. Does it not make more sense to play tier1 if you're that clueless and uninterested in learning? Why not stay with the cheap little racy pew pew gun tanks for dimwits and you'll fit right in, exactly the playstyle and type of stuff you're looking for?

I've yet to figure out why people keep playing WoT, when on the balance of games they lose 60-70% of all the games they play.

SaintMaddenus #27 Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35158 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

"Defending arty is a pretty important job and with 3000hp you can take a lot of hits, good choice!           "

If he'd have gone and shot the arty 1/2 of you would have said he's better than a bot. :arta:

UrQuan #28 Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:10 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 19723 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostTungstenHitman, on 06 December 2017 - 11:54 AM, said:

This really. Some people do their best but just lack something. I can appreciate those & can work with that. They are doing their best.

The ones that get me? The guys that are simply clueless, the type that goes fighting a Maus frontally with their light, deliberately, despite having options to run away or flank. No, they insist on fighting me frontally, without moving even a slight inch, just shooting me over & over as I farm them.

HeidenSieker #29 Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:53 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

View Postredgismo, on 06 December 2017 - 12:16 PM, said:

I've yet to figure out why people keep playing WoT, when on the balance of games they lose 60-70% of all the games they play.

Because they find the game fun; maybe they hope to get better; maybe the three or four games they win out of every 10 are enough for them. Could be all sorts of reasons.

Why do people gamble, for instance playing the lottery, when they know they are almost certain to lose money? Perhaps there's a parallel there.

malachi6 #30 Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:50 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 50211 battles

As an average if you squint player.  I never understand complaining about others.  I have no idea what issues they may be facing while playing.

Edit. I know of people playing with vision issues. and physical disability.  While I know a great many people are not in this category,  I see that there are enough to stop lame insult #3

Edited by malachi6, 06 December 2017 - 03:57 PM.

Captain_Kremen0 #31 Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37474 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB
The issue is you call "BOT" for someone with round about the same skill at level 10 as yourself.

LeGod7 #32 Posted 06 December 2017 - 04:05 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 847 battles

View Postredgismo, on 06 December 2017 - 12:16 PM, said:

Dunning-Kruger. 

They think they are really good and they only lose lots of games because of bad MM/gold ammo/OP tanks/bad luck/bad teams/etc. etc.

They will then have that one game where their stupid strategy works out and that will keep them going for another 100 games.  

For example I once had a Ferdinand player in my team, I was playing IS3, there were only like 3 tier 8s in the game and lots of tier 6s, and this was shortly after the Ferdi had been buffed to 1500 HP. He camped base ALL game, even after repeated requests from our team to support at least one of the flanks, where he easily could have just bullied half the tanks he faced with his gun and HP. He told us all game he was a TD and that was his job, and that we would see. 

He was a 46% overall and had a 43% WR in his Ferdinand and after we inevitably lost horribly and he got swarmed in the base,  I PM'd him in the garage and said basically that is why you lose more games than you win, and he said no, the team let him down and pointed out that he'd once done 8k damage in his Ferdinand playing like that and if the team only supported his strategy we'd have won. Despite the fact he'd played over 1k games in his Ferdi and average barely 1k damage in it.

Many of these players are delusional, there is that meme youtuber, can't remember his name, think he is an NA player, some old guy with a beard who has videos of him playing terribly but throughout the video, where he is playing awfully and doing all the wrong things, he is commentating about all the mistakes his team is making and explaining all the clever things he is doing. He genuinely believes he is correct in his strategy, despite it very clearly not working. 

Anfield also has another video where he does a team battle with some random players, many of whom are deep red, it is well worth a listen cos it's hilarious as they are playing with super unicum but telling him what he is doing wrong, like one of them is convinced he is wrong for reverse sidescraping with his IS3. 

Edited by LeGod7, 06 December 2017 - 04:07 PM.

japtank #33 Posted 06 December 2017 - 04:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27619 battles

See what stats do to this community?

Play the game vanilla and keep your mouth shut, you'll win some, you'll lose some but you'll spare everybody (which includes yourself) the disgrace of such mud slaying threads.

commer #34 Posted 06 December 2017 - 05:03 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38082 battles

It's called "whataboutism" and it's spelled Classic. Please express yourself properly. Dilluting the terms makes them less usable. Trumpism is still not a term with a clear definition so it's a random insult. Also it's not off topic

flashbarts #35 Posted 06 December 2017 - 06:30 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 43013 battles

View PostCaptain_Kremen0, on 06 December 2017 - 03:58 PM, said:

The issue is you call "BOT" for someone with round about the same skill at level 10 as yourself.

No. The issue is that WG don't seem to be able to weed out BOTs. How do you know anything about relative skill levels, you do not know who the MAUS player was ? you are just making stuff up to fit in with your theory. Just because i am not a unicum, does not mean i should not be allowed to ask a question. All you have done is slate me in 'whataboutism' (many thanks to the other pedant btw for pointing that out) 

View Postcommer, on 06 December 2017 - 05:03 PM, said:

It's called "whataboutism" and it's spelled Classic. Please express yourself properly. Dilluting the terms makes them less usable. Trumpism is still not a term with a clear definition so it's a random insult. Also it's not off topic

As above thanks for that, I couldn't remember what it was called. 

gav00 #36 Posted 06 December 2017 - 06:37 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7996 battles

A gradually dying playerbase means WG have to make more and more ridiculous MMs to keep wait times down.

There will never be any skill based MM because WG has already lost a lot of it's fanbase required

BravelyRanAway #37 Posted 06 December 2017 - 06:42 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 22792 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View Postgav00, on 06 December 2017 - 05:37 PM, said:

There will never be any skill based MM because WG has already lost a lot of it's fanbase required

Eeer no.......there will never be a skill based MM because WG do not want it regardless of the size of the fanbase.

Scabolcz #38 Posted 06 December 2017 - 06:42 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14323 battles
Skill based MM would be the best... Today I played 30 battles... 3.100 WN8 only won 39%... Went to cut my wrists afterwards

gav00 #39 Posted 06 December 2017 - 06:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7996 battles

View PostBravelyRanAway, on 06 December 2017 - 06:42 PM, said:

Eeer no.......there will never be a skill based MM because WG do not want it regardless of the size of the fanbase.

and you believe that?

Long_Range_Sniper #40 Posted 06 December 2017 - 06:48 PM

General

• Player
  • 32961 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View Postgav00, on 06 December 2017 - 05:45 PM, said:

and you believe that?

I do when it makes perfect sense, and the fact that the playerbase is very strong whilst numbers are no doubt reducing for many reasons.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users