Reporting and banning of players that misbehave in battle.

Automated report system bans teamkilling

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Poll: Reporting and banning of players that misbehave in battle. (56 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Does the automated reporting system work well in your opinion?

1. Yes, it works perfectly fine. (14 votes [16.28%])

Percentage of vote: 16.28%

2. Yes, although some improvements could be made. (19 votes [22.09%])

Percentage of vote: 22.09%

3. No, it really needs to be improved. (24 votes [27.91%])

Percentage of vote: 27.91%

4. No, for the love of all that is holy improve it. (29 votes [33.72%])

Percentage of vote: 33.72%

Vote Hide poll

Thuis001 #1 Posted 05 December 2017 - 09:08 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5981 battles
  • [-SBN-] -SBN-

Hello everyone, today I wanted to talk about teamkilling, botting and other things in that direction and the automated system.

*Please take note that while I don't have that many games, I don't think that the amount or my qualities as a player are important in this case.*

Don't you just hate it when you get teamkilled by someone, or when the last remaining player on your team is a bot? And to know that most likely they will be able to continue their practices.

Current situation:

Currently works with an automated system, for atleast teamkilling/damaging and probably for reports with aswell. You know the ones that appear if you click on the report button in battle.

And while WG might deny this, it is fairly clear that it doesn't work that well (in my opinion). Just take a look on youtube to find videos full of people getting teamkilled etc. where the teamkiller gets away with it. There are hundreds if not thousands. Also a recent video by Lemmingrush (from NA) about a cheater that was still in the game, while CLEARLY using cheats, heck he was stupid enough to stream it on twich, where he got banned from. This to me tells that it isn't working aswell as intended, and thus here some proposed improvements.

Reports:

Where currently reports are being handled by an automated system I think that in the future some more human interaction might be preferable. I suggest that if someone gets reported multiple times during a match a replay of that match will be stored. In addition to this a system like the one in CS: GO would be nice. 

For those of you not knowing how it works (or atleast worked, don't know the current situation) was this: If someone got reported multiple times during a match then a replay was saved. If you had an account in the game with some recent battles you could click somewhere and you would get to watch and jury such a replay. You watched it and at the end there came a pop-up screen asking you wether you thought there was something wrong. (in CS: GO it is mainly about hacks/cheats  but in WoT this could be expanded) you could click on a checkmarker and it would be noted. If enough people watching the replay think that that was a issue then something was done with it. While I don't know wether someone from the company then checked it to see wether it was right or not, but if right the player would be banned. And this way you atleast keep the playerbase somewhat cheaterfree.

I think that such a system would be a real improvement for the reporting etc of players/cheaters/bots etc.

Who would get to watch/jury the replays?

Well essentially anyone that has atleast tanks on a certain tier (somewhere between 6-8) that aren't  prem, AND that have decent stats, so not someone that knows barely the basics (yet has a higher tiered tank) can jury aswell. Perhaps a requirement could be that he hasn't been reported for bad behaviour (and rightfully, so not a salty guy that reports you for no reason) in a certain time period (1-3 months or so).

But more importantly who won't jury a replay. To make this system more fair the following things will be in order:

1. If you or someone in your clan/friendslist reports a replay, then you won't get to jury on this replay due to obvious reasons and to prevent abuse of the system.

2. If you or someone in your clan/friendslist is the reported then again for obvious reasons you won't get to jury it.

3. If you have been righfully reported in the last 1-3 months then you won't get to jury either.

What happens next?

If reported for the same issue/issues by multiple people judging the replay then: Your replay will either a) be watched by a WG employee who will decide what to do with your account or b) you get direct actions taken to your account. (whichever works better)

If someone gets reported for cheating, or for being a bot then this is something WG should look at and act accordingly. If you get reported for a lighter offense, like being an *sshole in chat, or constantly bumping into people for no reason then you will get the same punishments that are currently here. However the 1 hour will be kept just for teamkilling etc.

Encouragement of judging:

Because for this system to work you need people watching and judging WG needs to encourage it, for example: Give players something like 10-40k credits (don't make this too tempting though) or a small amount of consumables/gold (like 5-10 gold, so not too much, but usefull) per replay fully watched and judged. And ofcourse add a good way to prevent people botting this stuff.

Some other, related issues:

Bumping into people, it happens and is often REALLY annoying, getting pushed or people standing behind you and getting spotted (thus getting you killed) included. To prevent this from happening in the future I would suggest an option to make a player unable to physicly interact with your tank. He can still bump into your tank, but he won't move you anymore, thus allowing you to keep on playing. If someone you have "tagged" for this stands in front of you you will be able to just go through him (yes I know, this is not realistic but I prefer this over it being 100% real) a tank that is dead won't be able to be used this way, and you can't stop inside a tank. (just think about an E25 or so hiding inside a O-Ni, while shooting you). "tagging" someone would work the same as blacklisting him/her (and could perhaps be combined).

And while we're at it, a system to "unflip" your tank would be nice. Let me explain: if you are flipped (or on your side) for 60 seconds, then you can press a button to be back on your tracks ( I know that 30 seconds on your head = death, but if you are bumped up 2-3 times you can make it) Why? because the physics in this game sometimes screw you over, for example, a couple a months ago I managed to flip myself on my side in the IS on a small wooden porch. (pls explain how a tank won't snap the wood in two in the blink of an eye) and essentially had to lay there for 3 minutes before the enemy killed me... 

Let me know what you think about this, and have a nice day.

(And WG please, if enough people react positive on this do something with it)

Edited by Thuis001, 05 December 2017 - 09:11 PM.

Stat_Padder #2 Posted 05 December 2017 - 09:27 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 40587 battles
This happens in game?  

TheComfyChair #3 Posted 05 December 2017 - 09:27 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7811 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Reporting system seems to be a placebo, doesn't do a lot but makes you feel better.

K_A #4 Posted 05 December 2017 - 09:29 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13643 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I voted for all because I can :trollface:

Aikl #5 Posted 05 December 2017 - 09:37 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25701 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

I was thinking of writing a huge post, but the very essence of this post relies on whether team damage, pushing and toxic behaviour is a large problem or not.

Also, please enlighten me on how we can tell the difference between a bot and a bad player. If 'AFK-bots' were targeted harder, you'd just end up with a bunch of active-scouting bots. It would also be far simpler to make a scouting script than to make a script that shoots enemies. 

More than likely this will just be an enormously complicated, pointless and toxic addition to the game that would ultimately improve nothing.

K_A #6 Posted 05 December 2017 - 09:43 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13643 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostAikl, on 05 December 2017 - 08:37 PM, said:

Also, please enlighten me on how we can tell the difference between a bot and a bad player. If 'AFK-bots' were targeted harder, you'd just end up with a bunch of active-scouting bots. It would also be far simpler to make a scouting script than to make a script that shoots enemies. 

I'll make a scouting script for you:

"when countdown=0, hold w"

Done, a suicide scouting script. Works on many maps, and on maps that it hits a wall, tough luck. You can make the script type "lag" into battle chat at like 15 seconds into the battle so people won't get suspicious.

Aikl #7 Posted 05 December 2017 - 09:46 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25701 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
Spoiler

Aka 'classic WoT scouting'. Add a "arty aim here!!111" and a map-clicking frenzy to make it seem hooman.

K_A #8 Posted 05 December 2017 - 10:04 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13643 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostAikl, on 05 December 2017 - 08:46 PM, said:

Spoiler

Aka 'classic WoT scouting'. Add a "arty aim here!!111" and a map-clicking frenzy to make it seem hooman.

Also 5 seconds after death "noob team"

RamRaid90 #9 Posted 05 December 2017 - 10:47 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 22025 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

View PostK_A, on 05 December 2017 - 08:43 PM, said:

I'll make a scouting script for you:

"when countdown=0, hold w"

Done, a suicide scouting script. Works on many maps, and on maps that it hits a wall, tough luck. You can make the script type "lag" into battle chat at like 15 seconds into the battle so people won't get suspicious.

View PostAikl, on 05 December 2017 - 08:46 PM, said:

Spoiler

For the wall "problem" just add kmph=0, 90degree right turn hold "D" for "X" seconds, hold "W"

Eventually the bot would hit the left/right hand redline and continue straight to the enemy side of the map

:B

Edited by RamRaid90, 05 December 2017 - 10:48 PM.

Aikl #10 Posted 05 December 2017 - 11:00 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25701 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostK_A, on 05 December 2017 - 09:04 PM, said:

Also 5 seconds after death "noob team"

Followed swiftly by questioning the sexual preferences of the team.

BravelyRanAway #11 Posted 05 December 2017 - 11:02 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 22806 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostK_A, on 05 December 2017 - 08:29 PM, said:

I voted for all because I can :trollface:

Mr too.....ticking boxes is great fun. :popcorn:

commer #12 Posted 05 December 2017 - 11:34 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38082 battles
Just tell them to play more and they will get punished quicker by one of the million random bugs in the game than WG does anything

Jigabachi #13 Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:24 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17946 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
1. The reportsystem needs massive improvements. Right now, it just sorts out the obvious cases... or, in other words, the dumbest morons who just keep shooting you until they get banned - and then come here asking "Wot, why I gotz baned!?".

2. Your changes to the physics are an absolute no-no. BIG VETO against all of them. For obvious reasons. Do you really want tanks that "glitch" into each other?
And a tank that gets turned over should definitely stay turned over.
The only thing I would agree with is a mechanic that would require a teammate to be within 10m of the turned over tank to start an automated turnover. That way you wouldn't have to risk a ban for directly humping your teammate.

Edited by Jigabachi, 06 December 2017 - 12:24 AM.

Spurtung #14 Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:23 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 64665 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP
A lot of words in the OP I didn't read just because I could vote all options. Kinda makes me lose all respect and interest right there and then.

Excavatus #15 Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:22 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18908 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostThuis001, on 05 December 2017 - 11:08 PM, said:

Let me know what you think about this, and have a nice day.

(And WG please, if enough people react positive on this do something with it)

essentially a funny post..

but the ending is... omg.. hilarious..

The expectation of the poster, the naive ideas..

I really laughed out loud..

WG will not do anything If all the playerbase come together and sign a petition all in once...

Edited by Excavatus, 06 December 2017 - 01:23 PM.

Fighto #16 Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:32 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35188 battles
  • [TAC] TAC
What about on the forums, our clan has an ex member abusing us and making false statements in any thread related to our clan. He was kicked for this very reason as well. But its becoming a joke and so far WG has done nothing bar remove comments 3 and 4 days later.

Vajsravana #17 Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:37 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 32827 battles

And you're expecting people to look replay after replay of noobs shooting, blocking, and insulting each other... or reporting unicums, arty or newbs for the sheer sake of it... or just using random reports because... who knows?

:facepalm:

No! Not for 5-10 gold, not for 50-100, not even for 1000, just no!

Edited by Vajsravana, 06 December 2017 - 02:38 PM.

Ferditude #18 Posted 19 December 2017 - 08:43 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 1283 battles

Bots will never be removed totaly, as it would cut down wgs claimed player numbers.

HundeWurst #19 Posted 19 December 2017 - 09:52 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 70100 battles
  • [ROIDS] ROIDS

The automated system doesnt really work. WEll its there but the second you figure it out you more or less have free reign about the things you can do to your teammates.

How to make it better? God knows... There is no easy fix for this problem. WG cannot employ that many people taking manually care of all the reports.

So there are 2 options left: Update the automated system to make it a lot more sophisticated OR let the playerbase handle that themselfs, via i.e. a annonymous tribunal.

I guess each and everyone has its perks but it wouldnt come anytime soon.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users