Jump to content


Players drowning themselves

drowning suicide

  • Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

ThorgrimBrenadim #1 Posted 05 December 2017 - 11:47 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 29814 battles
  • 183
  • Member since:
    06-22-2012

So this has always been annoying seeing cowards drown themselves rather than fight like the rest of the team, but it is getting worse IMO.

The main culprits are those in arty but there are others in all class of vehicles but from just what I have seen the number doing it in arty far outweigh all the others combined.

Now I know this is more down to individual players, than specifically one class of vehicle so maybe that class of vehicle attracts this type of player more.

 

So my question is should wargamming be looking at implementing a code in a future patch that if someone drowns and there are no enemy vehicles within 30M and no allied in contact in the few seconds leading up to the drowning should it be logged and an automatic warning appear on your garage screen. This would allow a tolerance for the accidental bad driving etc that anyone could suffer every now and then.  If the player drowns themselves again within a set number of battles the first ban is for 24 hrs later bans may be more in the region of one week.

 

Even if a team play like complete useless ( insert your own words here ) That does not justify cowards drowning themselves it shows such a disregard for every other player in that game which includes the enemy team a player may miss out on a mission or an award because of these cowards.

 

I think later sanctions could be the removal of that vehicle, and if it is a purchased vehicle then the choice for that player either loose the purchased vehicle or loose the two vehicles with the highest number of battles. This level of punishment will one way or another stop these players, without the need to ban them permanently from the game.

 

I know wargamming do not really care what we the players think but equally we should care about what others think and the mods should report game discussion back to wargamming.



zen_monk_ #2 Posted 05 December 2017 - 11:55 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Clan Diplomat
  • 25307 battles
  • 458
  • Member since:
    05-08-2011

Get over it.

 

edit, longer version

You are red team. Enemy. You are not my friend, nor I am obliged to amuse you. I will try to spoil your game anyway I can - if I can kill you, great. If I can help my mates kill you, also great. And if I see the game is lost, I will spoil your pleasure. And seeing the amount of salt you get from it, it's working. :-)

 

So, get over it.


Edited by zen_monk_, 06 December 2017 - 12:01 AM.


tangerine_sedge #3 Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:01 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 19439 battles
  • 105
  • Member since:
    05-14-2011
Hmmm, tough choice....

When my team all go one way/die in the first minute/fail to spot, do I?

(a) drive to safety at 5mph to die 2 minutes later.
(b) wait for 2 minutes for the enemy scout to find me so that I can attempt a shotgun and miss then die.
© play hide and seek on the map attempting to beat the countdown timer - only 7 minutes left to hide!
(d) drive at 5mph towards the enemy and go out in a blaze of 1 shot.
(e) suicide to finish the game and go play another tank.
(f) press the exit game button leaving my tank in game for the enemy to kill.  Hold on scratch that one.  As wargaming removed the only sensible and fair option.

Whilst option (f) is punished, I will continue to do option (d) or (e).

Pvt_Duffer #4 Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:03 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 16667 battles
  • 3,189
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-11-2011

View Postzen_monk_, on 05 December 2017 - 10:55 PM, said:

Get over it.

 

edit, longer version

You are red team. Enemy. You are not my friend, nor I am obliged to amuse you. I will try to spoil your game anyway I can - if I can kill you, great. If I can help my mates kill you, also great. And if I see the game is lost, I will spoil your pleasure. And seeing the amount of salt you get from it, it's working. :-)

 

So, get over it.

 

Very diplomatic.

 

Very Zen.



zen_monk_ #5 Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:05 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Clan Diplomat
  • 25307 battles
  • 458
  • Member since:
    05-08-2011

View PostPvt_Duffer, on 05 December 2017 - 11:03 PM, said:

 

Very diplomatic.

 

Very Zen.

 

Thank you.

Jigabachi #6 Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:08 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17948 battles
  • 19,565
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

View PostPvt_Duffer, on 06 December 2017 - 12:03 AM, said:

Very diplomatic.

Very Zen.

He is a well known pancake. Just ignore.

 

@ topic: Yes, a warning would be cool. Then add a ban if it happens too often and the problem would be fixed already. But it will never happen, so just report those players for UC and ask the rest of the team to do the same. Eventually they will get a ban.



TheComfyChair #7 Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:07 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 8035 battles
  • 835
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    03-20-2017

The muppets who say "lose" at the start of a battle then drown themselves without even attempting anything really deserve a good beating with a flip flop.



Balc0ra #8 Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:19 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 67348 battles
  • 17,071
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostThorgrimBrenadim, on 05 December 2017 - 11:47 PM, said:

So my question is should wargamming be looking at implementing a code in a future patch that if someone drowns and there are no enemy vehicles within 30M and no allied in contact in the few seconds leading up to the drowning should it be logged and an automatic warning appear on your garage screen. This would allow a tolerance for the accidental bad driving etc that anyone could suffer every now and then.  If the player drowns themselves again within a set number of battles the first ban is for 24 hrs later bans may be more in the region of one week.

 

Oh so if I ram you off a cliff, and you take a few seconds to roll down it, and you are 50m away when you land in the water. Like you can do on a few maps. You will get blamed for it and you tank taken away. Neat. And there is already a system in place that works within a set number of battles, or days rather. Go drown a few games in a row. Let us know how long it takes for you to get a ban warning and zero XP. I've never tested it. Would like to know if it's 3 of 4. And bans for that iirc are the same as TK. 1 hour for the first time. And they they kick it up to a week fast. As you said, arty is mainly doing it. And when the new physics game a few years ago. They could do it every game without getting punished for it. Due to the massive amount of topics about it. They made that system. still there as far as I know.

Edited by Balc0ra, 06 December 2017 - 01:21 AM.


ThorgrimBrenadim #9 Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:40 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 29814 battles
  • 183
  • Member since:
    06-22-2012

View PostBalc0ra, on 06 December 2017 - 01:19 AM, said:

 

Oh so if I ram you off a cliff, and you take a few seconds to roll down it, and you are 50m away when you land in the water. Like you can do on a few maps. You will get blamed for it and you tank taken away. Neat. And there is already a system in place that works within a set number of battles, or days rather. Go drown a few games in a row. Let us know how long it takes for you to get a ban warning and zero XP. I've never tested it. Would like to know if it's 3 of 4. And bans for that iirc are the same as TK. 1 hour for the first time. And they they kick it up to a week fast. As you said, arty is mainly doing it. And when the new physics game a few years ago. They could do it every game without getting punished for it. Due to the massive amount of topics about it. They made that system. still there as far as I know.

 

Nope because I said about distance and we are talking about the point of no return be it on some maps the waters edge or others the top of a cliff, so if rammed the physics of the game will have that proximity and IGNORE the drowning of your tank but if a team member pushes you then they are then at risk of a ban.
 

View Postzen_monk_, on 05 December 2017 - 11:55 PM, said:

Get over it.

 

edit, longer version

You are red team. Enemy. You are not my friend, nor I am obliged to amuse you. I will try to spoil your game anyway I can - if I can kill you, great. If I can help my mates kill you, also great. And if I see the game is lost, I will spoil your pleasure. And seeing the amount of salt you get from it, it's working. :-)

 

So, get over it.

 

TROLL ALERT !

 

The game I played just before posting this a Nashorn was trying to decap one arty had already drowned themselves the other did BOTH could have helped with the decap. Now yes this game was still most likely lost but every now and then they get turned round.

 

You may not have friends that is your personal problem and probably not for this forum ( though I would suggest maybe get out a bit more might help ). But when you play this game you accept as part of playing it that it is a TEAM GAME ! so you by accepting that should work in the best interest of the team to hopefully win the game. If you do not want to except this there are many solo FPS style games out there to choose from.

 

 


 

TungstenHitman #10 Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:52 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 24141 battles
  • 4,393
  • Member since:
    08-28-2016

You can tell from the spread distribution of where your teammates go that immediately they are, regardless of high tier, totally clueless, first game ever sort of stuff, all cram the A1 line or go to the beech on overlord. In this early moments it would be nice to drive off a cliff or into a lake what is a "f*** that shi* I'm outta here, not suffering one second more of this crap" moment, black stats be damned! But I suffer on to the pointless and inevitable steamrolled outcome... I think those with health and heart issues should be allowed leave though, witnessing the regressions of civilization intelligence on such a large scale overwhelms the emotions to cardiac arrest levels of mental trauma



WindSplitter1 #11 Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:00 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 16600 battles
  • 2,571
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM
  • Member since:
    02-07-2016

View PostJigabachi, on 05 December 2017 - 11:08 PM, said:

He is a well-known pancake. Just ignore.

 

One could say the same with regards to you. - Changed my mind. Jigabachi is cool. :)

 

FWIW... Intentionally? I never suicide, with or without arty.

 

It's a matter of honour, not just in-game but in real life, for me, to do what I can until other choices have been depleted.

I could write a book concerning the above because I know this sounds too much 99th Red Tails movie, but in-game, it's also stupid:

If memory serves, you lose experience, that alone should be sufficient deterrent.

If you're gonna pay for full repairs, why not try to get one more shot off to cover it? And it's confirmed that you earn more experience just by shooting (although the difference prolly isn't much).

 

Yesterday on the CTS, a guy in a Jageroo sent his vehicle down on Fisherman's. Before that, a T92 HMC player, seeing his team failing, went scuba diving as well.

 

I can more or less comprehend the T92 guy, despite his vulching. He did a good match but deserted his team when things went sour.

 

But to off yourself when each shot deals 1k HP damage and your premium shell has more than enough pen to handle almost all tanks frontally? That's just stupid.

Not to mention this was the test server. Gains = Losses. Which are Zero.

 

With that said, I refuse adopting this "tactic" myself, although I concur with Zen Monk's points. If I'm your enemy, don't expect me to make it easier for you neither am I to cater for your entertainment.

 

I'll do it just like this.


Edited by WindSplitter1, 16 April 2018 - 10:23 PM.


Derethim #12 Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:09 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 17761 battles
  • 1,997
  • Member since:
    04-03-2012

You know, I've stopped being against this not long ago.

Number 1 reason being, it's just a game. Just like monk said; I'll spoil your pleasure. It's just a few damn damage points you can farm in the next game - thing is, you're probably winning if the enemy team is drowning themselves and I see it as something to laugh at and enjoy it if I witness someone doing it because of me. It's quite hilarious actually. I used to laugh at the people in the "ALL" chat, calling them out for it :P

 

I did this today after many many bad games and just before being hit by an E-100 in my Bc12t. I did this after two years - there wasn't a single time, where I couldn't do something better than that and deal some damage instead, or spot some lurking TD and yloloscout, improving my result a tiny teeny bit, but a bit, that always matters :)

Aaaaand of course my dissapointment over the loss and dealing little damage got MASSIVELY outweighted into the positive, when I recieved a salty message from said E-100 driver afterwards :teethhappy: GG indeed.

 

Spoiler

Edited by Derethim, 06 December 2017 - 02:10 AM.


Matcorr #13 Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:11 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 22747 battles
  • 764
  • Member since:
    04-24-2013
I disagree, I drowned myself on Lakeville before because 12 tanks went valley, freakin 12. As a light tank I had a choice, play as a medium and not do so well or get the hell out of there as fast as possible. Teams this stupid don't deserve wins or even effort from players who have the slightest clue how to play maps.

Edited by Matcorr, 06 December 2017 - 02:02 PM.


Ceeb #14 Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:09 AM

    Major General

  • Beta Tester
  • 30894 battles
  • 5,396
  • [BULL] BULL
  • Member since:
    01-14-2011
When my team is 9 nil down in 2 mins and collapsing.  Or the stupids don't have the Map on. I'll suicide.  That will be either drowning. Throwing myself off a height.  Or turning broadside into the enemy.  

It's get out ASAP.  And get in the next game.  

I'm not here to please the enemy.  Or being the 6th kill for someone

Get over it.  Move on.

On the flip side I also hate being on the steamrollimg side

Excavatus #15 Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:23 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 18908 battles
  • 1,656
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    07-28-2013

When I am in a tank other than arty.. I will fight till I die..

But when I am waiting for a realod for 20+ seconds.. when my team is dead..

No I will not sit and wait patiently as because the ENEMY might have a mission to complete over my dead body.

 

Get over it mate.. You are the enemy and it is not my duty to enable you..

Yes, If my suicide in the cold water hurts my team, even a %0.1 chance.. I accept there should be a punishment.. and I dont do that actually.

When I was left alone against 6 heavy tanks crawling through me from the city... not waiting for that...

 

I will jump into the water, or I will hit a rock or a wall from point blank range, or I will find a place and overturn myself..

water is not the only way I can off myself instead of waiting for the enemy to hit 1 or 2 shots with me..

 

and If you happen to miss a mission or medal for that?? bohoo! cry me a river.. be better, and come to me earlier.. If your mission depends on killing the arty...

 

I know most of the people dont like suiciding at the end of the battle..

But when you look at the history, there are thousands of examples soldiers, commanders or militia who commits suicide after they realise they are lost..

 

remember this..

you are THE ENEMY.. I dont have an obligation towards you..



TungstenHitman #16 Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:33 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 24141 battles
  • 4,393
  • Member since:
    08-28-2016

View PostMatcorr, on 06 December 2017 - 02:11 AM, said:

I disagree, I drowned myself on Lakeville before because 12 tanks went valley, freakin 12. As a light tank I had a choice, play as a medium and not do so well (bottom tier) or get the hell out of there as fast as possible. Teams this stupid don't deserve wins or even effort from players who have the slightest clue how to play maps.

 

Ya pretty much this. I've rarely suicide a battle but every now and again we witness the "I play for fun" brigade displaying their cluelessness from the start, ignoring entire flanks and caps etc and it's nice to just ditch the tank in a lake and spare yourself getting annoyed and raging.

Consider this act a protest at WGs crap MM system and game direction which ignores some skills based consideration and focusing on attracting shirt droolers. In protest, drown tank. If WG send warnings etc maybe it's time to consider uninstalling game. WG have the nerve to mute players, warn players and ban players when in truth, I'd say 90+% of these acts are born from frustration experienced and knowledgeable players get suffering so many futile battles. The question is why are these players getting muted or turning blue or getting banned, you'll get the odd a-hole but in most cases it pure frustration at unbalanced teams



Gremlin182 #17 Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:47 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 49587 battles
  • 8,345
  • Member since:
    04-18-2012

SPGs are completely useless at defending themselves, maybe this is intentional but it leads to players either just going off to make coffee while the game ends or drowning as a quick exit.

Its not especially cowardice its the reality of being unable to do anything to prevent it or take down one last enemy.

In any other tank type they would probably fight on, if you want it to change alter the way SPGs function.

If an SPG could perform effectively in direct fire mode much like a TD many more would continue to fight on.

Its not that unreasonable

The nerfing of the view range a ludicrous alteration to a type that seldom if ever spotted for themselves and the inability to have a direct fire view means there is little point in trying to fight one on one.



zen_monk_ #18 Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:24 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Clan Diplomat
  • 25307 battles
  • 458
  • Member since:
    05-08-2011

View PostJigabachi, on 05 December 2017 - 11:08 PM, said:

He is a well known pancake.

 

No worries, mate. No one can claim your place.

Lil_Dimitry #19 Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:34 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 2318 battles
  • 220
  • Member since:
    12-07-2014
 Same people saying "im your enemy, im not here to indulge you" are the same people that cry like little children when they get flamed ingame

G01ngToxicCommand0 #20 Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:40 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 37465 battles
  • 727
  • Member since:
    11-03-2011

View PostThorgrimBrenadim, on 05 December 2017 - 11:47 PM, said:

So this has always been annoying seeing cowards drown themselves rather than fight like the rest of the team, but it is getting worse IMO.

The main culprits are those in arty but there are others in all class of vehicles but from just what I have seen the number doing it in arty far outweigh all the others combined.

Now I know this is more down to individual players, than specifically one class of vehicle so maybe that class of vehicle attracts this type of player more.

 

So my question is should wargamming be looking at implementing a code in a future patch that if someone drowns and there are no enemy vehicles within 30M and no allied in contact in the few seconds leading up to the drowning should it be logged and an automatic warning appear on your garage screen. This would allow a tolerance for the accidental bad driving etc that anyone could suffer every now and then.  If the player drowns themselves again within a set number of battles the first ban is for 24 hrs later bans may be more in the region of one week.

 

Even if a team play like complete useless ( insert your own words here ) That does not justify cowards drowning themselves it shows such a disregard for every other player in that game which includes the enemy team a player may miss out on a mission or an award because of these cowards.

 

I think later sanctions could be the removal of that vehicle, and if it is a purchased vehicle then the choice for that player either loose the purchased vehicle or loose the two vehicles with the highest number of battles. This level of punishment will one way or another stop these players, without the need to ban them permanently from the game.

 

I know wargamming do not really care what we the players think but equally we should care about what others think and the mods should report game discussion back to wargamming.

 

Sigh, once upon a time a gypsy placed a curse on me that can only be lifted when people stop making threads about suiciding in World of Tanks. The curse makes me suicide in every game for a week every time someone posts a thread on WoT suicides so thank you for that.:angry:





Also tagged with drowning suicide

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users