LT struggles: +2mm on a city map

mm

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

komunistu33 #1 Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:35 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8093 battles
I need to grind some credits to buy the Panther II so I started doing LT missions. But one thing that is bothering me is getting dumb maps like Stalingrad or Ensk (Himmelsdorf, Pilsen, Paris and other copy-paste city maps) where if I get the bottom tier spot and my top tiers are... let's just say in the 42-46% range WR wise it's an auto-loss. It's hilarious that after the game I check my top tiers' stats and.. surprise surprise 40%ers (the rest of the team too but the top tiers matter). So how can I possibly win or have fun on a corridor map in a LT when the team melts oh so fast?

Havenless #2 Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:41 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 454 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

aim for weak spots and flank :)

play support :)

Balc0ra #3 Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:47 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64400 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Get early intel by going in the middle etc. But not to far, so your team knows what goes where etc if possible. Then fall back and support the meds or any flank what ever they have take the focus of by bullying their targets from the flank or rear. Not gonna get much spot assist, but track assist is still a possibility.

Tbh.. I've had plenty of fun games on City maps. Heck I did LT-15 for the Stug on Ruinberg. But still those maps for an LT are highly situational. But sitting back and playing TD like most LT's does, won't help much either, for you or your team at times.

ortega456 #4 Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 60392 battles

spot for your team.

At least that's WGs logic for light tanks...

Tomotorqemada #5 Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:51 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14795 battles

View Postkomunistu33, on 06 December 2017 - 07:35 PM, said:

I need to grind some credits to buy the Panther II so I started doing LT missions. But one thing that is bothering me is getting dumb maps like Stalingrad or Ensk (Himmelsdorf, Pilsen, Paris and other copy-paste city maps) where if I get the bottom tier spot and my top tiers are... let's just say in the 42-46% range WR wise it's an auto-loss. It's hilarious that after the game I check my top tiers' stats and.. surprise surprise 40%ers (the rest of the team too but the top tiers matter). So how can I possibly win or have fun on a corridor map in a LT when the team melts oh so fast?

Dont waste yourself, nerves and time, just skip this piece of sheet map and go to the next battle. you are not responsible for the products of Mr.Butthands

komunistu33 #6 Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:23 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8093 battles

View PostHavenless, on 06 December 2017 - 07:41 PM, said:

aim for weak spots and flank :)

play support :)

Nothing to support, lol.

View PostBalc0ra, on 06 December 2017 - 07:47 PM, said:

Get early intel by going in the middle etc. But not to far, so your team knows what goes where etc if possible. Then fall back and support the meds or any flank what ever they have take the focus of by bullying their targets from the flank or rear. Not gonna get much spot assist, but track assist is still a possibility.

Tbh.. I've had plenty of fun games on City maps. Heck I did LT-15 for the Stug on Ruinberg. But still those maps for an LT are highly situational. But sitting back and playing TD like most LT's does, won't help much either, for you or your team at times.

I do so but nobody will fire even though I tell 'em where to aim and where to position. I get Paris and spot the crossings but if there's one guy that lands a shot or even pays attention it's better than 90% of the games. On Ensk I can spot the rails but again no one will land a shot or even notice what's happening. You can't get intel for people that on ensk encounter rush to the bottom right corner to camp in their top tiers. At least on open maps I have a chance to outspot and outplay higher tiers if my top tiers are tomatoes but on city maps it's 98% MM decided. 

Search_Warrant #7 Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:40 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 26690 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD
436 games in T67. what? padding not going well enough mister re-roll? zero sympathy.

Edited by Search_Warrant, 06 December 2017 - 08:40 PM.

komunistu33 #8 Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:46 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8093 battles

View PostSearch_Warrant, on 06 December 2017 - 08:40 PM, said:

436 games in T67. what? padding not going well enough mister re-roll? zero sympathy.

I played that when I was a noob, hence the 1200 WN8. If I were a reroll those T67 stats would have been wiped and I would have only had my recent tanks (all 3 market too) :teethhappy:

Spoiler

Consett_Steel #9 Posted 07 December 2017 - 07:52 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17325 battles

View PostSearch_Warrant, on 06 December 2017 - 07:40 PM, said:

Come on dear chap - do you really have so much free time that you need to rifle random posters undie drawers checking for skid marks?

tank276 #10 Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:29 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 48883 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

I certainly agree that the percentage of map rotation for city/corridor maps should drop and that of open maps should increase.

After a long sabbatical I came back and almost exclusively grind my t9 lights.

Yes, you can play the support role in Ensk, Kharkov or Stalingrand, but still, it is not fun for a light tank.

#PreyforProkhorovka#

:hiding:

magkiln #11 Posted 07 December 2017 - 12:58 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22622 battles
  • [EKKE] EKKE

For having fun: Do you have an LT with an autoloader? Those can work well on city maps, if you are patient. Stay hidden in a side street, wait until an enemy overextends, unload the clip, then run and use the buildings for cover while you reload.

As for winning. I'm sorry, but carrying a game in a low tier LT is beyond me even on open maps. On a city map, it's just not going to happen.

HassenderZerhacker #12 Posted 07 December 2017 - 01:01 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 25567 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

View PostTomotorqemada, on 06 December 2017 - 07:51 PM, said:

Dont waste yourself, nerves and time, just skip this piece of sheet map and go to the next battle. you are not responsible for the products of Mr.Butthands

if only more people would do just that, maybe we would have decent maps some day

Mimos_A #13 Posted 07 December 2017 - 01:04 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22147 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L
Just support and see if you can get around to opponent's side/rear. But yeah, it can be very frustrating, the other day I started to keep track; 10 games, 7 city maps and Mountain Pass, which is such a dumb corridor fest I'd probably rather have a city map....

HassenderZerhacker #14 Posted 07 December 2017 - 01:06 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 25567 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

you can "support" other tanks by hiding when enemy guns are loaded and shooting when the meatshield baited some shots and steal XP and creds that way. do that for most of the battle and be attentive towards the end for gaps, so you can slip through and kill arty or shoot from behind and killsteal the slow heavies' targets.

it's possible to get a radley that way.

STLR #15 Posted 07 December 2017 - 03:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30430 battles
  • [MIND] MIND
To most annying thing is when you play LT o city maps is that you must wait for an opportunity in the enemy flanks otherwise you can't really do nothing. You have to be extra careful not to overcommit and to find and isolate dumb (and pray they are dumb )  heavies.. cause if fighting meds ur done unless +1 tier max.

Also tagged with mm

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users