How to T21 - Gameplay, equipment and skills

T21 Slugish LT?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Afdass #1 Posted 07 December 2017 - 06:24 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 10016 battles

A few weeks ago I decided to start grinding something new. Looked into the Tech Tree and some stuff and decided to go for the T57 Heavy. Good support heavy with a quick reloading autoloader that can make 1.6k avg dmg. Decided it was the next tank to go for.

Skipped a few lower tiers and got stuck into the M7. Quite nippy T5 Light with some interesting capabilities: Low profile, some quite good camo values, gun handling ok, DPM trash (as usual) and VR trash aswell. Grinded the whole 40k or so of EXP to the T21 with Binos+Camo net+Rammer. Worked pretty well for the gameplay I adopted to play with.

Finished that grind and now I'm about to buy the T21. First thing I noticed, trash VR again, but better than some of the others tier 6's. 

Currently have a low skill crew: Commander was that girl from the campaign compensation and the rest of the crew has camo on 70% or so. So that means if I play the T21 like this I will get like 420m VR with optics/rammer/vert stabs, because no BiA, no situational awareness, no recon, no food and no vents. 

So is this thing playable this way or with binos/camo net/rammer or vert stabs or is not playable at all?

yun9 #2 Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:31 PM

Staff Sergeant

• WGL PRO Player
  • 3003 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN

I liked it quite a bit, but it's pretty challenging to play. It's pretty slow for a light and really requires patience. The gun handling is very nice since you can mount a VStab and because it's a US tank you're going to to want to keep moving to benefit. 

Run VStab/Optics/Rammer if you have a camo crew, go for BiA or repairs next. I really suggest you run food because with it and BiA you'll hit a very decent viewrange to make it less of a mobile medium and more like a true light tank that just gives up a bit of mobility for much better handling.

Afdass #3 Posted 15 December 2017 - 04:16 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 10016 battles

Didn't played it yet. Grinding/wasting time on other tanks. Just bought it this week and I'm waiting to get the patience to get stuck on it. So, I'll pretty much play it with almost 100% camo on everyone and then will see if BiA or Recon/Sit. awareness. Then if I play it with Rammer/Optics/VStabs and put food on it, the VR only gets slighly above 435, which is kinda decent at this tier right? If I run Vents instead of VStabs it will get something like 444.45m or something. Is it worth? I know with some time I will probably get the crew with BiA and the VR skills, but that won't happen in the near future.

So, in terms of mobility, am I right to expect something like a super massive upgraded T20 with 200% more mobility? If so, it's not to bad since I quite enjoyed the T20.

undutchable80 #4 Posted 15 December 2017 - 09:03 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 5182 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Played it some months ago (prior to the US LT tech tree changes) and hated it. Compared to the Chaffee and T37 I felt sluggish in the T21. Since I could bypass it to get the T71 I sold it after 20 or so games.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users