How can WoT be better 2.0

updates improvement spanish tanks italian tanks premium tanks wot better improve game actualization

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

juanwot7 #1 Posted 07 December 2017 - 11:43 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10902 battles

Hey guys! I feel inspired and have been thinking in some ways I think WG could improve world of tanks, to make it a better game and make it last for a lot of years so we can keep enjoying it. I will divide this topic in areas, and obviously, if you have any suggestion, feel free to post it here. Between, sorry if i make any mistake during this post, english is not my mother languaje.

1.- Premium tanks:

In the last years, WG has decided to retire from the shop the preferential MM tanks and start to put in the game some tanks that are clearly better than their standard counterparts, wich is very frustrating for free-to-play players. I see this as a mistake, because although it may be good at short term, it makes the game less fun and if they continue this way, people will get fed up and stop playing, wich would be disastrous for WG and also for all the people out there that enjoy this great game. 

So, wich is my suggestion? We all know what is fun in WoT, and that is when you get a top tier match up. So why don't just make that premium tanks get preferential MM? By doing these, you can pay them if you want to ensure to be in the top part of the list when you play a game, and have a ton of fun without necessarily making the premium tank OP. I really think this is a good way to keep earning money without destroying the MM.

2.- Maps:

Talking about the maps, I have to say that WG has done a fairly good job. I like the variety and the future HD maps. But as always, i would want more. Not necesarily new ones, but to put back in the game sold old maps such as serene coast, port, pearl river or dragon's ridge... wich i really miss.

Also, i would love to have bigger and smaller maps, because always play in the 1x1 km maps can be boring some times. A 1,5x1,5 for example can be a ton of fun to play with your lights or with your long range snipers, while heavys can have fun by playing a 800x800 meters map.

3.- New content:

Althought i can't complain about it, because they have released a lot of it in the last years, there are still a lot of nations that could be included into the game. I will make a list below;

Polish tanks: Althought they are alredy in the game (at least the pudel) i wanted to mention them here. A possible tank line could be: The bottom tiers could be some early 20th century polish prototypes, then, for the mid tiers they could use some captured german tanks with some variations on they characteristics. And finally, for the top tiers, they could include some soviet tanks gave to the polish in the Warsaw pact.

Italian tanks: Even though we all know they weren't very good, I think WG could do some of their magic and still be able to set up a enjoyable Italian tank line, maybe by including a lot of protoypes or borrowed German tanks. 

Spanish tanks: There arent many, but i think they could start the line with some Spanish prototypes, such as the Trubia, then puting in some borrowed german and soviet tanks used during the Civil War and finally some modern tanks used by spanish army, like Leopard modifications.

And why not, break the tier 10 barrier and introduce modern tanks with maybe, diferent game mechanics. I really think that can be great to add more variety into the game.

4.- Gold Ammo:

I know there is a lot of anger about this in the comunity, so i want to give my opinion with some arguments. Well, obviously, gold ammo has to get some advantages against regular ammo. But sometimes, you just feel that you have to use them to even be able to put one single shot in. What that means, is that you have to pay to have fun, wich is horrific. Why not give them an accuracy, shell velocity, or even aim time instead of penetration? By doing that, you will pay to have MORE fun, but if you shoot well you can pen, and therefore have fun with normal rounds too.

5.- Friendly Fire:

This is just ridiculous. No way to defend it. Just remove it FOREVER. How many times were you playing your arty and some random idiot in your team killed you because he doesn't like artys? How many times a donkey ruined your game by shooting at you for fun? And how many times have you hit/being hit by accident in a crossfire? This doesn't make neither WG, the players or the game any good. It certainly feels like it ruins it. And as I said: What does WG win? With gold ammo they earn money indirectly, but i cant see a benefit on this stupid mechanic. They just get players angry or banned, wich isn't good for anyone.

I will leave it here for today guys, but i will keep updating this post as soon as new ideas come to my mind. I would really apreciate if you could (politely) correct any grammatical or ortographic mistake i made. Also, feel free to coment everything you think can help to make this game more enjoyable, and who knows. Maybe WG would listen to our prays some day. 

Cheers, juanwot7

_EXODUZ_ #2 Posted 07 December 2017 - 11:48 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29715 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
Game is in the final milking stage, save your breath, enjoy what you can.

Derethim #3 Posted 07 December 2017 - 11:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14636 battles

View Post_EXODUZ_, on 07 December 2017 - 11:48 PM, said:

This...

Dosjer007 #4 Posted 07 December 2017 - 11:55 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 521 battles

Talking about the maps, I have to say that WG has done a fairly good job

Stopped reading right there HAHAHAHAHA

CaptainThunderWalker #5 Posted 07 December 2017 - 11:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18813 battles
  • [DSTL] DSTL

Sad but true.

I'm looking for a WoT replacement, which I might have found actually - and I wouldn't be surprised if WoT either gets uninstalled from my PC in the near future or just binned for some occassional fun in platoons or with sealclubbing.

I did actually reach the point that I only have one goal left, which I both will meet in the short term (acquire an usable tank on any tier). I have two Tier IX tanks right now and while one is still stock and requires some upgrading (the T30), I'm at three quarters of the grind to the STB-1 (70k experience left) and I do have the credits already stored up. I also have a few rather random goals which I may or may not meet anytime soon (getting a few Aces, one in the B1 (I know, but I just want it at this point :P ) and another in the T-34-85M, amongst other things)

Edited by CaptainThunderWalker, 08 December 2017 - 12:02 AM.

unhappy_bunny #6 Posted 07 December 2017 - 11:59 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15920 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

Responding to Point 1. Premium Tanks

Firstly, that would encourage more bad players, like me, to buy them knowing I would always be top tier. This would mean lots of players with no idea on how to play being the mainstay of the team. That wont improve the fun for players.

Secondly, that will screww MM which will have to find 6 Premium tanks of the same classes to fill the top 3 positions. It has to be the same classes, as can you imaging the rage if one team had 3 Defenders and the other had 3 Mediums? 

I like the fact that you want to improve the game, but to be honest, I have just as much fun playing middle and bottom tier in a battle as I do top tier. Point 1, just does not hold water. 

Enforcer1975 #7 Posted 08 December 2017 - 12:06 AM

General

• Player
  • 15499 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Another juan who thinks how to improve the game...
Tbh there is nothing you mentioned that hasn't been touched before. And concerning other nations...i don't really want another line of clone tanks.

Jigabachi #8 Posted 08 December 2017 - 12:06 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17450 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

1. If the only time you have fun in this game is when you are toptier, you are doing something horribly wrong.
Pref MM tanks were a mistake from the very beginning, they just produce a lot of chaos.

2. The maps are the biggest problem in the game right now. The overall mapdesign is just horribly stupid, because you have corridors and bottlenecks everywhere.
The old maps - or at least most of them - weren't removed without a reason. They were bad because of one reason or another. I'd not want them back without fundamental changes.
Bigger maps would be awesome... and needed. Smaller maps... err... no? Are you crazy?

3. I'd prefer if they would fix all the many problems with the tanks we already have before they add anything new. If you build on a brittle basis, you construction will collapse sooner or later...

Also, no more clone tanks, please.

4. They will never change premammo, but it is a problem indeed. An age-old problem we already discussed to death.

5. If you don't see the point of teamdamage, you simply didn't bother to think about it yet. Everyone with a tiny grain of intellect should be able to understand that it is a necessary evil in a game like this.

Edited by Jigabachi, 08 December 2017 - 12:07 AM.

Zoggo_ #9 Posted 08 December 2017 - 12:20 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 23113 battles

View Post_EXODUZ_, on 07 December 2017 - 10:48 PM, said:

If it was in "the final milking stage" why the hell would they even bother to make hd maps?

fighting_falcon93 #10 Posted 08 December 2017 - 12:45 AM

Major

• Player
  • 25951 battles

View Postjuanwot7, on 07 December 2017 - 11:43 PM, said:

1.- Premium tanks:

In my opinion WG made a big mistake by implementing premium tanks the way they did. Using unique tanks as premium tanks force them to introduce new premium tanks to the game on a regular basis in order to keep the money flowing in. What will happen when there's no more unique tanks to use? I believe that has already happened, that's when we'll start to see clones or made up tanks, with absurd stats as selling point.

I think that it would have been much, much better if they instead allowed players to convert regular tech tree tanks into "command tanks". Players would buy a "command tank commendation" from the premium shop (or ingame), and one of those commendations would turn a regular tech tree tank into a command tank for 30 days. A command tank would get the same benefits as the current premium tanks. The difference is that players would need to renew their command tanks each 30 days, and there would be no P2W premium tanks as the command tanks would have the same stats as their non-command tank versions.

Talking about the maps, I have to say that WG has done a fairly good job.

Good job with what? All we have are maps made up of corridors, and now WG are making the ordinary corridors into HD corridors. We have a tank game but no possibilites to use proper tactics such as flanking.

The day I say that WG did a good job with maps, are when we'll start to see maps that have no "obvius" paths to the enemy base, and when there's not always a massive castle or lake dividing the map into 2 different parts. A proper map should look something like this:

3.- New content:

To be honest, I don't think that we need any more content in the form of nations/tanks. The only content we need right now is 2 things:

1. Proper maps (as you saw in the 2 images above).

2. A total of 2 game modes for random players (so this does not include competetive game modes). We need random battles with single spawn, and then we need battles with respawns, multiple capture areas and a point system, just like the Battlefield games. IMHO these 2 are the only 2 game modes needed. It's better that these 2 are full than we having 5 different modes with a few players in each.

A 3rd point could be customization etc, but I think that would be secondary priority right now.

And why not, break the tier 10 barrier and introduce modern tanks with maybe, diferent game mechanics. I really think that can be great to add more variety into the game.

On this one we agree. After all the game is called World of Tanks, not Tanks of WW2. All tech trees should start with the nations first-ever tank, and stretch all the way to what tanks they use today. They should scrap the tier system and instead base the tech tree on the year, so for instance 1943, 1944, 1945 etc, and all battles would contain tanks from only 1 year.

This would also allow a tank to belong to multiple years depending on its modules. So for instance, a tank with stock gun might belong to year 1943, while the same tank with an upgraded gun might belong to year 1945.

Well, obviously, gold ammo has to get some advantages against regular ammo.

No, obviusly, it doesn't. There're so many other things that WG can bring in money from, and allowing players to get a battle advantage by paying is a strict no-go. Gold ammo doesn't need to exist and should be removed.

What this game needs is the current gold ammo "converted" into standard ammo. Here you have an example with the T-62A:

Obviusly the above is just an example, the numbers might need further tweaking.

5.- Friendly Fire:

It's not the friendly fire that's the problem, it's WGs way of punishing players that shoot friendly tanks intentionally. Instead of having a crap automated system that's super easy to exploit, WG should let support handle team damage manually with the help of ingame reports. They can filter out spam/misuse by not actually sending the report if the server didn't register any actual team damage.

Edited by fighting_falcon93, 08 December 2017 - 01:57 AM.

_EXODUZ_ #11 Posted 08 December 2017 - 01:23 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29715 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostZoggo_, on 08 December 2017 - 12:20 AM, said:

If it was in "the final milking stage" why the hell would they even bother to make hd maps?

It's their Joker card so to say. Game has hundreds of problems, not just in-game, but also in terms of management. They want to attract the highest amount of people to squeeze the last bit of profit.

Derethim #12 Posted 08 December 2017 - 01:26 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14636 battles

View PostEnforcer1975, on 08 December 2017 - 12:06 AM, said:

Another juan who thinks how to improve the game...

Stop being like this to other forumites. People sometimes have really good suggestions, but they don't get heard out - frankly, because WG have their own plans for the game, not all of them of honest development and marketing, so they don't let people suggest anything and don't even check other forums, than RU from time-to-time.

People with good ideas should just take them elsewhere, it's a waste of breath with this company and the forum trolls.

Edited by Derethim, 08 December 2017 - 01:27 AM.

CaptainThunderWalker #13 Posted 08 December 2017 - 10:20 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18813 battles
  • [DSTL] DSTL

View PostDerethim, on 08 December 2017 - 01:26 AM, said:

Stop being like this to other forumites. People sometimes have really good suggestions, but they don't get heard out - frankly, because WG have their own plans for the game, not all of them of honest development and marketing, so they don't let people suggest anything and don't even check other forums, than RU from time-to-time.

People with good ideas should just take them elsewhere, it's a waste of breath with this company and the forum trolls.

This, and at least he's trying.

Sure I don't agree with his suggestions and sometimes even his assessment (maps are good? WHAT?) but the fact he's trying deserves some merit of its own.

TankkiPoju #14 Posted 08 December 2017 - 10:44 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 18119 battles

Not yet. We haven't yet seen tier 10 tanks sold in premium shop, like on Chinese server.

But it's getting close.

CaptainThunderWalker #15 Posted 08 December 2017 - 10:50 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18813 battles
  • [DSTL] DSTL

View PostTankkiPoju, on 08 December 2017 - 10:44 AM, said:

Not yet. We haven't yet seen tier 10 tanks sold in premium shop, like on Chinese server.

But it's getting close.

Nah, they have. They just disguise them as Tier VIII tanks.

hammer45 #16 Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:13 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 34597 battles
  • [BZD] BZD
Another developer!

MrClark56 #17 Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:36 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 5195 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Posthammer45, on 08 December 2017 - 11:13 AM, said:

Another developer!

Another left handed wanker!!!

clixor #18 Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:53 AM

Major

• Player
  • 47758 battles

View Postfighting_falcon93, on 08 December 2017 - 12:45 AM, said:

1. Proper maps (as you saw in the 2 images above).

2. A total of 2 game modes for random players (so this does not include competetive game modes). We need random battles with single spawn, and then we need battles with respawns, multiple capture areas and a point system, just like the Battlefield games. IMHO these 2 are the only 2 game modes needed. It's better that these 2 are full than we having 5 different modes with a few players in each.

A 3rd point could be customization etc, but I think that would be secondary priority right now.

Did you see the new maps? Aside from the graphical 'upgrade' it seems that they included more obstacles, dips, foleage etc. So judging from what we have seen now, new meta will be more flanking possibilities. But this is a typical case of be carefull what you ask for, majority of playerbase can't handle such things, hence we got more and more corridors in the first place. And those players won't only be on the enemy team, also on your team. My prediction is the new maps will lead to several months of major fail battles.

Respawn is something which breaks with the WOT philosophy, the way how you handle HP during battles, and you can't make major mistakes etc. is what defines this game. Also why this game is a 'tactical' shooter in the first place. Aside from other game modes always failing, respawn could trickle down in normal random battles. And i think the last thing we need right now is more yolo-ing pre-teens playing WOT.

Homer_J #19 Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:58 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 25918 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postjuanwot7, on 07 December 2017 - 10:43 PM, said:

1.- Premium tanks:

In the last years, WG has decided to retire from the shop the preferential MM tanks and start to put in the game some tanks that are clearly better than their standard counterparts, wich is very frustrating for free-to-play players. I see this as a mistake, because although it may be good at short term, it makes the game less fun and if they continue this way, people will get fed up and stop playing, wich would be disastrous for WG and also for all the people out there that enjoy this great game. 

So, wich is my suggestion? We all know what is fun in WoT, and that is when you get a top tier match up. So why don't just make that premium tanks get preferential MM? By doing these, you can pay them if you want to ensure to be in the top part of the list when you play a game, and have a ton of fun without necessarily making the premium tank OP. I really think this is a good way to keep earning money without destroying the MM.

So what you are suggesting is instead of putting in premium tanks which are in your opinion outright better than regular ones because they are stronger they put in premium tanks which are outright better than regular ones because they get to see weaker enemies.

How is it any different?

The rest of your post goes downhill from there culminating in the ridiculous idea of removing friendly fire.

Zoggo_ #20 Posted 08 December 2017 - 12:41 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 23113 battles

View Postjuanwot7, on 07 December 2017 - 10:43 PM, said:

I have often wondered why we haven't seen tiers 11 and 12.

They keep trying to fill out lines with quite frankly fantasy paper prototypes or try to make an "end game" for tier X when there are so many real and iconic tanks even if it was only up to the Eighties which could be added to the game.

The time of manufacture of these tanks is no excuse for not doing it, after all we have the Sheridan in the game already and that entered service in 1967 !

A guess but I believe WG maybe holding back on modern tanks so they can make a WoT 2.0.

Also tagged with updates, improvement, spanish tanks, italian tanks, premium tanks, wot, better, improve, game, actualization

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users