Jump to content


I need help with RNG rigging. :(

RNG rigging unfair

  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

TheDarkestOne_ #1 Posted 08 December 2017 - 08:20 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 1268 battles
  • 4
  • Member since:
    10-24-2017

How in hell 31mm armor on that Excelsior ignores 75mm PEN shot after shot after shot, is beyond me.
Except for RIGGING, OMFC! >:(

Maybe some of the WG's minions can explain?:facepalm:

Here is the needed replay.

http://wotreplays.eu...e-type_3_chi-nu

 

BTW, ON TOPIC boys, ON TOPIC!.

Attached Files

  • Attached File   shot_117s.jpg   143.48K


zen_monk_ #2 Posted 08 December 2017 - 08:33 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Clan Diplomat
  • 25307 battles
  • 458
  • Member since:
    05-08-2011

I've tried to raise a similar discussion

 

http://forum.worldof...__fromsearch__1

 

but the trolls will come soon enough...



JocMeister #3 Posted 08 December 2017 - 08:37 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 23258 battles
  • 2,110
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    08-03-2015

This will be fun. :popcorn:

 



TheDarkestOne_ #4 Posted 08 December 2017 - 08:44 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 1268 battles
  • 4
  • Member since:
    10-24-2017

View Postzen_monk_, on 08 December 2017 - 08:33 AM, said:

I've tried to raise a similar discussion

 

http://forum.worldof...__fromsearch__1

 

but the trolls will come soon enough...

My friend  that convinced me to try this... "game" was right.

After 500 battles, if you still are F2P the RNG goes at least -50%.



Strappster #5 Posted 08 December 2017 - 08:46 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 23968 battles
  • 9,019
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015
Because you didn't bother aiming but spammed shots at him and if you watch the tracers, you hit his tracks shot after shot. The Excelsior only has 30mm side armour, true, but his tracks are wide, count as spaced armour and absorb a lot of shots if they're not aimed properly. If you look at the tank model on tanks.gg vs. the Chi-Nu, you can put your cursor anywhere over the track area and it'll show your shot as absorbed. You'd have had more luck trying to pen his turret front than his side.

jabster #6 Posted 08 December 2017 - 08:52 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 12537 battles
  • 23,390
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    12-30-2010

View PostTheDarkestOne_, on 08 December 2017 - 07:44 AM, said:

My friend  that convinced me to try this... "game" was right.

After 500 battles, if you still are F2P the RNG goes at least -50%.

 

WG also do that if you’re not nice to them on the forum. You’re in double trouble now.

vasilinhorulezz #7 Posted 08 December 2017 - 08:56 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 22813 battles
  • 1,109
  • Member since:
    09-26-2014

This is the punishment for fail re-rolls,

worse RNG and bad teams.



etody77 #8 Posted 08 December 2017 - 09:10 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 62862 battles
  • 945
  • [PT-RO] PT-RO
  • Member since:
    09-12-2015
Excelsior, is easy to pen on tracks, but only from front

BravelyRanAway #9 Posted 08 December 2017 - 09:12 AM

    General

  • Beta Tester
  • 22562 battles
  • 9,329
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
  • Member since:
    12-29-2010
LTA

_Bundesheer_ #10 Posted 08 December 2017 - 09:24 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 29583 battles
  • 2,114
  • Member since:
    08-20-2011
OP, please *edit.

Edited by Jbnn, 08 December 2017 - 10:08 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.


Homer_J #11 Posted 08 December 2017 - 09:27 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 28744 battles
  • 30,033
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostTheDarkestOne_, on 08 December 2017 - 07:20 AM, said:

How in hell 31mm armor on that Excelsior ignores 75mm PEN shot after shot after shot, is beyond me.
 

31mm hull armour plus 20mm track armour plus 25mm spaced armour.  Not RNG, just maths.

 

Why you would spam shot after shot which isn't penetrating is beyond me.



Jethro_Grey #12 Posted 08 December 2017 - 09:36 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 4302 battles
  • 534
  • [KAIN] KAIN
  • Member since:
    08-01-2015

WG should add ammo with a higher penetration for such cases.

To prevent iutfrom being imba, they should charge lots of credits for it so people don't spam that exclusively... :hiding:



TheDarkestOne_ #13 Posted 08 December 2017 - 09:45 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 1268 battles
  • 4
  • Member since:
    10-24-2017

View PostStrappster, on 08 December 2017 - 08:46 AM, said:

Because you didn't bother aiming but spammed shots at him and if you watch the tracers, you hit his tracks shot after shot. The Excelsior only has 30mm side armour, true, but his tracks are wide, count as spaced armour and absorb a lot of shots if they're not aimed properly. If you look at the tank model on tanks.gg vs. the Chi-Nu, you can put your cursor anywhere over the track area and it'll show your shot as absorbed. You'd have had more luck trying to pen his turret front than his side.

 

Thank you for the answer.

So, basically, WG LIES about data and the dang "pen indicator" provided by WoT is useless. :angry:



Strappster #14 Posted 08 December 2017 - 09:49 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 23968 battles
  • 9,019
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View PostTheDarkestOne_, on 08 December 2017 - 08:45 AM, said:

So, basically, WG LIES about data and the dang "pen indicator" provided by WoT is useless. :angry:

 

I'm not sure how you got that from my answer but hey, you do you, champ. The pen indicator has never been the best way to judge whether a shot will pen, it's more a measure of the armour thickness at point of aim and WG still expect you to learn a little about how the game works. Come back in a year or two and it might have been dumbed down enough for you to succeed.



Homer_J #15 Posted 08 December 2017 - 09:50 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 28744 battles
  • 30,033
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostTheDarkestOne_, on 08 December 2017 - 08:45 AM, said:

 

So, basically, WG LIES about data and the dang "pen indicator" provided by WoT is useless. :angry:

They simplify things as far as armour is concerned.  But if they made it more complicated it might put people off.

 

And the penetration indicator has to be used with some intelligence.



Jbnn #16 Posted 08 December 2017 - 10:14 AM

    Moderator

  • Moderator
  • 9605 battles
  • 649
  • [WG_M] WG_M
  • Member since:
    05-23-2017

I think this threads goal was already reached. There is no point of keeping it.
Have a nice day.


And about conspiracy theories...

Spoiler






Also tagged with RNG, rigging, unfair

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users