Why the hell is allied stunning possible?

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

logaritmusnaturalis #1 Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:33 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 1703 battles

I've been playing artillery recently, for missions, and i've realized what a [edited]enormous hindrance allied stunning is. It's not just a hindrance for allies who receive stun from their own artillery, it's also a major hindrance for the artillery player. Alot of times your allies are requesting fire support and you can't do crapbecause you know you will stun your own ally if you try to help him, and maybe even get him killed. 

I cannot [edited]believe this craphasn't been fixed yet, this is a humongous hindrance for gameplay, [edited]incredible. It's as if the people that design the game don't even play it, because you would realize how god damned stupid this is if you actually played the game. 

JaffaStar #2 Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:35 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 47895 battles
it is possible because this os not a f****g fantasy idiotic game ... 

anonym_kL7qtn3e52MB #3 Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:36 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 0 battles

Use "T" to show a target location (standard key)

You can even put one on the ground nowadays.

This shows the approximate effect range of the shot.

If friendlies stay in the area, it's their responsibility.

Anyway, teamdamage and stuns are a locigal effect (a HUGE explosion will hurt friendlies and enemies...)

Edited by Spek_en_Bonen, 08 December 2017 - 11:36 AM.

woolfie #4 Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:37 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 45737 battles
Press T to mark the ground where you are aiming in arty mode, you won't splash/stun anything outside that circle. aim at opposite side of enemy tank from your team mates ensuring enemy get splashed/stunned but not your allies. You don't need to do actual damage, stunning the enemy still gives your team an advantage, if you do it properly.

SuedKAT #5 Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:39 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12154 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Well it's a lot better to be stunned by some clueless arty player that think's that shooting at the target you're currently facehug is a great idea than to be one shoot by the same arty player which was so often the case before the arty change.

Homer_J #6 Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:45 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28744 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

You have a choice, fire or don't fire.

The guy calling for support has a choice, move or don't move.

You both know the consequences.

If he calls for support then doesn't get well away then maybe he doesn't really want or deserve support, or maybe he deserves stunning.

Bennie182 #7 Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:46 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 53693 battles
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A

I don't even see the need to read your post, but the answer is simple: if team damage is possible, team stunning is as well. pretty obvious, right?

Well.. after reading your post.. it's not the game's fault. It's the fault of stupid players who stay close to enemies on purpose. Sometimes facehugging, to prevent getting hit by that enemy. Showing your splash circle makes no sense, as loads of people drive into it on purpose, when I do it, to prevent me from doing damage. Selfish and dumb community is the problem, not the game in this case.

Edited by Bennie182, 08 December 2017 - 11:48 AM.

magkiln #8 Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:48 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24179 battles
  • [EKKE] EKKE
For the same reason it's possible to do team damage: Because shells and explosives don't care about allegiance. If someone is dumb enough to call for fire support on a tank that he's close to, he's an idiot, so just ignore him. Alternatively, take a look at the different tanks. If you're ally is a superheavy with a metric ton of armour and the enemy is an open topped TD, by all means just slam that shell in there. Your ally will survive.

Edited by magkiln, 11 December 2017 - 01:17 PM.

kaneloon #9 Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:49 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28103 battles
  • [OBLIC] OBLIC

You just have to be careful, calculating your chances of team damage :

- where everyone will be when your shell hit

- the bonus for the team

I usually don t shoot or shoot for just stunning the enemy

Now you got more xp for stun assist than for raw damage.

Stun circle is so big that you can shoot before focus is complete.

Ceeb #10 Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:53 AM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 30222 battles
  • [BULL] BULL

Friendly Fire,

Isn't

undutchable80 #11 Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:57 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 7235 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Team damage & team stun are there for reasons said by others in this thread.

For me, I always use the T button. That way my allies will know 1) which enemy I am about to crap on, and 2) dont get too close. If they do get / stay too close however I will either not take the shot and target another enemy, or place my shot behind the enemy so I dont splash my teammate.

ogremage #12 Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:59 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33436 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA

Don't be cry babies.

If you think you will stun allies and this will be worse than not shooting - don't shoot. It's that easy.

TankkiPoju #13 Posted 08 December 2017 - 12:09 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20331 battles

". It's not just a hindrance for allies who receive stun from their own artillery, it's also a major hindrance for the artillery player"

So basically there is some skill involving playing arty, and you want to remove even that from the game so you can crap on enemy team without any penalty from base.

How about just watching a bit what you shoot?

RockyRoller #14 Posted 08 December 2017 - 12:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32320 battles
  • [NR-NS] NR-NS

the exception proves the rule but facehuggers deserve the stun and all the damage, as they are selfishly [edited]blocking allies from shooting the red team so they can hog all the exp/damage.

if WG made SPG less inaccurate there will be less collateral damage, so blame the SPG whiners.

TankkiPoju #15 Posted 08 December 2017 - 12:11 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20331 battles

View Postundutchable80, on 08 December 2017 - 11:57 AM, said:

For me, I always use the T button. That way my allies will know 1) which enemy I am about to crap on, and 2) dont get too close. If they do get / stay too close however I will either not take the shot and target another enemy, or place my shot behind the enemy so I dont splash my teammate.

If you hit or stun me even with your T button pressing, I will add you to black list and shoot you if I meet you next time. No matter on which team you are.

It's not even personal, think of it like safety training.

Edited by TankkiPoju, 08 December 2017 - 12:13 PM.

anonym_kL7qtn3e52MB #16 Posted 08 December 2017 - 12:12 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 0 battles

View PostTankkiPoju, on 08 December 2017 - 12:11 PM, said:

If you hit or stun me even with your T button pressing, I will add you to black list and shoot you if I meet you next time. No matter on which team you are.

That is exactly what the blacklist is for, huh...? 

:B

undutchable80 #17 Posted 08 December 2017 - 12:25 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 7235 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postundutchable80, on 08 December 2017 - 11:57 AM, said:

If they do get / stay too close however I will either not take the shot and target another enemy, or place my shot behind the enemy so I dont splash my teammate.

View PostTankkiPoju, on 08 December 2017 - 12:11 PM, said:

It's not even personal, think of it like safety training.

Which is why I also said the part in bold. Did you not read the whole two lines I wrote...? :confused:

Also, when arty has clearly indicated the target he is about to shoot at and you stay too close - well, that could be considered your own fault. Think of it like safety training but then in reverse of your own argument.

spamhamstar #18 Posted 08 December 2017 - 12:38 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 64310 battles
  • [LLAY] LLAY

View Postlogaritmusnaturalis, on 08 December 2017 - 10:33 AM, said:

I've been playing artillery recently, for missions, and i've realized what a [edited]enormous hindrance allied stunning is. It's not just a hindrance for allies who receive stun from their own artillery, it's also a major hindrance for the artillery player. Alot of times your allies are requesting fire support and you can't do crapbecause you know you will stun your own ally if you try to help him, and maybe even get him killed. 

I cannot [edited]believe this craphasn't been fixed yet, this is a humongous hindrance for gameplay, [edited]incredible. It's as if the people that design the game don't even play it, because you would realize how god damned stupid this is if you actually played the game. 

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that not shooting friendly tanks is beyond that ability of some arty players, but it's still sad to hear your worst fears confirmed.

View PostRockyRoller, on 08 December 2017 - 11:11 AM, said:

the exception proves the rule but facehuggers deserve the stun and all the damage, as they are selfishly [edited]blocking allies from shooting the red team so they can hog all the exp/damage.

if WG made SPG less inaccurate there will be less collateral damage, so blame the SPG whiners.

Facehugging is a perfectly valid tactic & often the only way you can avoid taking damage from multiple enemies.

If you think less accurate shots will reduce the amount of friendly fire, you must be assuming that arty players are aiming at friendly tanks in the 1st place.  Worrying.

TankkiPoju #19 Posted 08 December 2017 - 12:43 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20331 battles

View Postundutchable80, on 08 December 2017 - 12:25 PM, said:

Also, when arty has clearly indicated the target he is about to shoot at and you stay too close - well, that could be considered your own fault. Think of it like safety training but then in reverse of your own argument.

There is no way often to get out of the area designated by friendly arty in time. Or if you try to get out, you will get shot by enemy which is probably even worse

Like if I'm facehugging the enemy with IS7, do you really think I am going to pull back and let the enemy shoot me in lower plate? I have no choice but to keep facehugging.

And then some 46%  clicker hero team kills me and says "I marked the area!".

Edited by TankkiPoju, 08 December 2017 - 12:46 PM.

ogremage #20 Posted 08 December 2017 - 12:52 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33436 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA

What is actually needed is that SPG team damage & team stuns need to incur harsher TK penalties, turn blue from first time, banned from game for the second time.

SPGs have such easy clicking with one hand and even then they cannot avoid shooting green tanks? Pathetic.

Also SPG credit gain needs to be nerfed by about 75% so that you lose credits in every tier. But that's a different topic.

Edited by ogremage, 08 December 2017 - 12:52 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users