• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

AlphaGamer_ #1 Posted 08 December 2017 - 05:58 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8224 battles

Hello tankers

I am here to present a new game mode called War Heroes

Basicly it consists in a huge battle 30v30 in a hude map (optimized for better performence) but only with historic tanks, eatch player would start with a "tier1" (like the panzer 1 or the stuart), diferent form the original tech tree, no module unlock, just the historic guns torrets and engines already in place or for chosice (if it has mode than one historic gun or turret).than the players would fight in teams made only by one nation with vehicles of diferent types and tiers as whell as some truck and suply vehicles bots. The objective is to destroy all enemy vehicles and defence points while working as a team. This game mode wouldnt have a minimap so it is going to be a great challenge for light tanks to know where the enemy is going to make the next move before it is too late, the victory its totaly up to the player skill (this way low tiers would have a chance against higher tiers) and comandership (the player with highest rating would be considered the comander and the players would follow his orders, if needed the players could vote to dismiss the coomander and pass it to the second best player and so on, the same happens if the comander dies) bouth sides need to work hard to keep the important tanks alive for the good of the team. After gaining a certain amount of XP you can buy the next tier tank and so on (free xp does not work). Its a full on game mode for those who are tiered of seeing non historical tanks and want to feel the fear of faicing a bigger enemy, and have a chance of rewrite history.

Plz comment with your opinion.

Go easy with it plz.

Sorry if my english is wrong.

Edited by AlphaGamer_, 08 December 2017 - 06:57 PM.

Nishi_Kinuyo #2 Posted 08 December 2017 - 06:39 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 7234 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

Imagine the performance hit your PC would take, especially given that it'd be on a HD map as well.

It is also vastly skewered against certain nations due to the unbalance between certain tanks.

Also, what do you consider to be non-historical tanks?

All-in-all, a bad idea.

AlphaGamer_ #3 Posted 08 December 2017 - 06:50 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8224 battles

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 08 December 2017 - 06:39 PM, said:

Imagine the performance hit your PC would take, especially given that it'd be on a HD map as well.

It is also vastly skewered against certain nations due to the unbalance between certain tanks.

Also, what do you consider to be non-historical tanks?

All-in-all, a bad idea.

Non historical tanks are tanks like the skorpion, defender, e-75, japanese heavys etc... Only tanks that realy exixted and fought in battle are considered historical

And with the write optimisation you could prebably run it, if you dont, just dont pplay it, like grand battles

Edited by AlphaGamer_, 08 December 2017 - 06:55 PM.

Homer_J #4 Posted 08 December 2017 - 06:55 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27475 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Sounds like all the worst parts of historical, confrontation, and grand battles plus the worst parts of the WWI and Leviathan modes all rolled in together.

I'll pass.

Nishi_Kinuyo #5 Posted 08 December 2017 - 06:59 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 7234 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostAlphaGamer_, on 08 December 2017 - 05:50 PM, said:

Non historical tanks are tanks like the skorpion, defender, e-75, japanese heavys etc... Only tanks that realy exixted and fought in battle are considered historical

And with the write optimisation you could prebably run it, if you dont, just dont pplay it, like grand battles

Except that most of the Japanese heavies are historical.

AlphaGamer_ #6 Posted 08 December 2017 - 07:03 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8224 battles

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 08 December 2017 - 06:59 PM, said:

OH realy... tell me one heavy tier 5 plus that exists and fought in battle?!!

Historical tanks are the ones that passed trials and went to war, not some blueprint or prototype.

tanks like the tiger, t34, sherman, cromwell. real tanks that saw real wars.

Edited by AlphaGamer_, 08 December 2017 - 07:05 PM.

Nishi_Kinuyo #7 Posted 08 December 2017 - 07:07 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 7234 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

O-I, Type 2604, Type 2605.

Or at least, the soviets claimed they've fought those.

And there's at least one photograph showing the turret of one of them

Edited by Nishi_Kinuyo, 08 December 2017 - 07:08 PM.

AlphaGamer_ #8 Posted 08 December 2017 - 07:08 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8224 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 08 December 2017 - 06:55 PM, said:

Sounds like all the worst parts of historical, confrontation, and grand battles plus the worst parts of the WWI and Leviathan modes all rolled in together.

I'll pass.

Cmon, are you saying you never wanted to get in a tiger and hunt the sermans in the field , see how it realy was in ww2... Withought behing destroyed by a OP premium or "fake tank"

AlphaGamer_ #9 Posted 08 December 2017 - 07:11 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8224 battles

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 08 December 2017 - 07:07 PM, said:

plz go read the in-game info or make some resurch cuz there where only prototypes and wood models

and what abaut skorpions defenders, guard, and others

ant that photo is so real like the RATTE tank, i saw it, its clearly fake

Edited by AlphaGamer_, 08 December 2017 - 07:25 PM.

TsundereWaffle #10 Posted 08 December 2017 - 07:15 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 26273 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 08 December 2017 - 06:59 PM, said:

Stop fapping over your weeb fantasies 

AlphaGamer_ #11 Posted 08 December 2017 - 07:19 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8224 battles

View PostTsundereWaffle, on 08 December 2017 - 07:15 PM, said:

Stop fapping over your weeb fantasies 

Finaly somewone with some ww2 history knolage

THANK YOU!

Homer_J #12 Posted 08 December 2017 - 07:24 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27475 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostAlphaGamer_, on 08 December 2017 - 06:08 PM, said:

Cmon, are you saying you never wanted to get in a tiger and hunt the Shermans in the field , see how it really was in ww2... 

Nope.  And how would you be seeing how it was in WWII when there's no danger of an imminent fiery death?

I don't want to fight bots, and if it's PvP then who wants to be the Sherman driver?  If it's PvE then it would be like shooting fish in a barrel.

AlphaGamer_ #13 Posted 08 December 2017 - 07:27 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8224 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 08 December 2017 - 07:24 PM, said:

Nope.  And how would you be seeing how it was in WWII when there's no danger of an imminent fiery death?

I don't want to fight bots, and if it's PvP then who wants to be the Sherman driver?  If it's PvE then it would be like shooting fish in a barrel.

the bots are the trucks that you have to defend, that avoids camping cuz they are always on the move.

and those trucks are supost to be targets for the lower tier tanks, due to the fact that they cant hold thayr own against higher tier tanks

nowone wants to be the low tier, but you need to start somewere and climb up from there.

Edited by AlphaGamer_, 08 December 2017 - 07:39 PM.

Nishi_Kinuyo #14 Posted 08 December 2017 - 07:50 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 7234 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostAlphaGamer_, on 08 December 2017 - 06:11 PM, said:

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 08 December 2017 - 07:07 PM, said:

plz go read the in-game info or make some resurch cuz there where only prototypes and wood models

and what abaut skorpions defenders, guard, and others

ant that photo is so real like the RATTE tank, i saw it, its clearly fake

:facepalm:

And every tank in the game has historically accurate descriptions, right?

Just look at those china TDs as proof for that.

Bet you'd say that all those photos of Auswitz were also fake.

AlphaGamer_ #15 Posted 08 December 2017 - 07:59 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8224 battles

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 08 December 2017 - 07:50 PM, said:

:facepalm:

And every tank in the game has historically accurate descriptions, right?

Just look at those china TDs as proof for that.

Bet you'd say that all those photos of Auswitz were also fake.

The china TD's are another exemple of non historical tanks.

and for your knolage: O-I was the name given to a proposed series of Japanese super-heavy tanks, to be used in the Pacific Theater. The vehicle was to be very heavy, and carry 11 crewmen. Only one 120 ton O-I prototype was rumored to have been built in 1943. Exact information is lacking.   -Wikipidea-OI-  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O-I

go check if you want 

and the auswitz thing... it was a low move of yours... real low...

Edited by AlphaGamer_, 08 December 2017 - 08:00 PM.

Nishi_Kinuyo #16 Posted 08 December 2017 - 08:24 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 7234 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostAlphaGamer_, on 08 December 2017 - 06:59 PM, said:

and for your knolage: O-I was the name given to a proposed series of Japanese super-heavy tanks, to be used in the Pacific Theater. The vehicle was to be very heavy, and carry 11 crewmen. Only one 120 ton O-I prototype was rumored to have been built in 1943. Exact information is lacking.   -Wikipidea-OI-  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O-I

go check if you want

Funny then how the actual book about the tank mentions the Manchuria/Mongolian theatre instead, where such a tank actually made some sense.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4802150709

Also, a cookie for using wikipedia as an actual source.

That'll get you a lot of points if you were to pull something like that at a university or school.

Edited by Nishi_Kinuyo, 08 December 2017 - 08:25 PM.

leggasiini #17 Posted 08 December 2017 - 08:39 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 11463 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostAlphaGamer_, on 08 December 2017 - 08:59 PM, said:

go check if you want 

and the auswitz thing... it was a low move of yours... real low...

Wikipedia source about the O-I is extremely inaccurate and outdated.

As for the Japanese super-heavies, the tier 6 O-I is real (one prototype built), so is the Type 4 Heavy (if you use logic behind Iroha naming system, logical name would be Type 4 O-Ro; a turret was fully assembled and mounted on a bunker, no one knows if the hull was actually built or not but there is no proper evidence of that), and the Type 5 Heavy (aka Type 5 O-Ro Kai), while never built, existed in drawings and was a real proposal to upgrade the Type 4. However, the tier 5 is 95% fake, and tier 7 and 8 are based on inaccurate drawings that in return are imaginations of what the O-I would look, and are thus basically completely fictional tanks.

If you mean by "real tanks" ones that were actually built to the part it was functional, then actually yes, all other Japanese super-heavies except the O-I possibly would be left out from the gamemode. However, quite a bloody many others tank would be left out from the gamemode, as the game is full of prototypes and blueprint designs.

The game mode itself sounds like a poor idea honestly, though. Would leave a crapton of tanks out of game with your limitations, and it would be just pointless and unpopular. If you want such historical accuracy, why the bloody hell wont you just play War Thunder for that? WoT is not meant to be historically accurate anyway.

Edited by leggasiini, 08 December 2017 - 08:40 PM.

AlphaGamer_ #18 Posted 08 December 2017 - 10:24 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8224 battles

View Postleggasiini, on 08 December 2017 - 08:39 PM, said:

Wikipedia source about the O-I is extremely inaccurate and outdated.

As for the Japanese super-heavies, the tier 6 O-I is real (one prototype built), so is the Type 4 Heavy (if you use logic behind Iroha naming system, logical name would be Type 4 O-Ro; a turret was fully assembled and mounted on a bunker, no one knows if the hull was actually built or not but there is no proper evidence of that), and the Type 5 Heavy (aka Type 5 O-Ro Kai), while never built, existed in drawings and was a real proposal to upgrade the Type 4. However, the tier 5 is 95% fake, and tier 7 and 8 are based on inaccurate drawings that in return are imaginations of what the O-I would look, and are thus basically completely fictional tanks.

If you mean by "real tanks" ones that were actually built to the part it was functional, then actually yes, all other Japanese super-heavies except the O-I possibly would be left out from the gamemode. However, quite a bloody many others tank would be left out from the gamemode, as the game is full of prototypes and blueprint designs.

The game mode itself sounds like a poor idea honestly, though. Would leave a crapton of tanks out of game with your limitations, and it would be just pointless and unpopular. If you want such historical accuracy, why the bloody hell wont you just play War Thunder for that? WoT is not meant to be historically accurate anyway.

Thanks for the honesty mate

Nokkeli #19 Posted 10 December 2017 - 11:08 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17697 battles
  • [SWEDH] SWEDH

View PostAlphaGamer_, on 08 December 2017 - 06:58 PM, said:

the player with highest rating would be considered the comander and the players would follow his orders,

I doubt most people that play this game can even read, much less follow simple instructions. Just pick any random battle and you have a perfect example.

Balc0ra #20 Posted 10 December 2017 - 02:53 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 63685 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostAlphaGamer_, on 08 December 2017 - 05:58 PM, said:

eatch player would start with a "tier1" (like the panzer 1 or the stuart), diferent form the original tech tree, no module unlock, just the historic guns torrets and engines already in place or for chosice (if it has mode than one historic gun or turret).than the players would fight in teams made only by one nation with vehicles of diferent types and tiers as whell as some truck and suply vehicles bots.

Nation vs nation was already done, in randoms even a few years ago. Did not work to well as some nation dominated better then others on some tiers. Russians on tier 8, US on tier 7 and Cromwell's and Hellcats on tier 6. And they already did something close to it. Historical battles that was also nation vs nation, and only historical setups. So the Hellcats did not have a 90mm, and the King Tiger had the L71 etc. Issue was then that most did not want to play one nation as their tanks sucked. And the rest all were in wait for the top tier tanks. Or the tank with the best historical setup. And it failed badly due to it. And died out rather fast.

This game mode wouldnt have a minimap so it is going to be a great challenge for light tanks to know where the enemy is going to make the next move before it is too late, the victory its totaly up to the player skill (this way low tiers would have a chance against higher tiers) 

Going by how bad some players are in randoms, and how little map awareness they have. This would not help more tbh. If anything it would reward good players better. And if you run a historical setup. Most lower tiers won't stand a chance against higher tiers, even if they have their guns pointed at their rear armor. So again... it would punish bad players even more. As we have seen it before "historical mode".

and comandership (the player with highest rating would be considered the comander and the players would follow his orders, if needed the players could vote to dismiss the coomander and pass it to the second best player and so on, the same happens if the comander dies

Not to sure about that. Most don't even want that role, even with a good rating. So they would need an option to veto them self out. And if you can dismiss him by vote. Then everyone would do it constantly. Even if you did good. As anyone that played BF2 or BF2142 knows about. And I suspect it would make no difference, as 28 out of the 29 on your team would do their own thing anyway. No one would follow his orders. Even less so if they have no map.

After gaining a certain amount of XP you can buy the next tier tank and so on (free xp does not work). Its a full on game mode for those who are tiered of seeing non historical tanks and want to feel the fear of faicing a bigger enemy, and have a chance of rewrite history.

So kinda like any gun game. It will reward those that are good. And those that are bad or blind due to no map. Won't get upgrades fast and will be punished for it. I'm sure most games would be like the Civ games at some point when you have max tech, and one nation is still don't even have gun powder. You have a King Tiger. But there is still a few out there in M5 Stuarts struggling to get up and to get XP due to a low pen crappy historical gun, and no map. The longer the game goes, the more it will punish those that don't keep up. And the less fun they will find the mode I suspect.

Also tagged with Game Mode

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users