Bored

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

kbb07142 #1 Posted 08 December 2017 - 07:10 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 33383 battles
  • [A__K] A__K

I know, I know, another rant post, but here me out.

I used to love this game, and have probably burn myself out from it, but lately I have been so bored playing WOT.

In the what, 5 years I have been playing it, nothing has been changed, other than maybe graphics (oh and the 30v30, but i will get to that later).

There are so many things I want to cover.

1) Grinding

The stock tank grind is absurd, it makes me just not want to play.

For example, I have had the T28 Proto in my garage now for over a year, with 0 games in it. I dont want to play 300+ games on a tank that is 0 fun to play. So in the end I play the same tier 8 TDs over and over again, then get bored playing them, and think if I should play the T28 Proto, look at the xp i need to get a decent gun on it and go [edited]it, I will take a break. 

Who wins from this scenario? 

2) Economy

Holy crapthe economy is crap.

A good game (1st class) in my M4A1 Rev gets me around 35-40k credits with 0 gold fired. To get from tier 9-10 I need to play 200 games just in a premium tank, just to be able to afford the tier 10. This is not counting the 300+ games I need to play the Rev just to be able to afford to play the tier 9 to unlock the tier 10, and then the number of games i need to play in the Rev to be able to afford to play the tier 10, and then count in equipment.

And because the credit economy is so crapI end up playing mostly just the Rev because it makes the most money, and then get bored of playing a take a huge break from this game.

Again, how benefits from this Scenario

3) Arty

Omg arty is still so [edited]retarded.

Individually arty is not actually too bad, its just the number of games with arty in it.

Low tier games (Anything below tier 8) and you are near guaranteed to have 3+ arty players/team.

High tier games are not as bad, but still easily half the games are 2+ arty per team. With only about 10-20% of game with no arty.

Again, individually arty is not so bad, but having nearly every game with them just bores you to tears as you have to camp in the back of the map to not get spotted by them.

4) The MM

How is it so hard to fix the MM? I really dont understand this.

Start at tier 8, 50% of games you are top/single tier, 30% you are mid tier/2 tier, 20% Bottom tier.

You have 100 Games, split them as accordingly above and randomly put in players into each game.

Boom, done solved it for you WG. OK the que time might be 5 seconds longer, but I would rather wait 8 seconds for a fun game than 3 seconds to be put into tier 10 game after 10 tier game.

I have a Lowe, and I love the Lowe. There is 0 point in me playing this tank in tier 10 games where I have to camp at the back of the map and be a slow TD, I can just play a scorpion which does the job better. 

5) Maps

Where are the maps?

Its boring playing ensk or pilsen over and over again.

WG said that they removed them because of bad balance in them Are the devs paying 0 attention to this game? There is 0 balance in any game.

Even if you took the most symmetrical map, well if its a city map, and you give 1 side all the heavy heavy tanks, and 1 side all the light armoured medium/heavy tanks then its still not balanced.

6) Gold Ammo

BS, is this pay to win ammo.

Watch QB's stream and look how much he takes, and then he will say "oh i only use it when its needed".

While he does only fire this when he needs to, or when he think me might have to, he still uses alot. If I fire 5+ gold shells in a game, i am playing the Rev for 3 hours to make back the credits (well not quite but you see my point)

7) New Content

Apart from tier 10 only (30 v 30, and ranked) where if you dont open your wallet and throw it at the screen there had been now new game modes in years.

Why not put back histroical mode? It was fun.

Anyway, I am getting pretty burnt out by this game and cant see myself playing it much now.

Really, nothing has changed in the years i have been playing this game, infact its only got worse with BS OP premium tanks. Gold ammo is still not changed, Arty is still not really changed, Maps are still crap, MM is still crap. 

Homer_J #2 Posted 08 December 2017 - 07:30 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28744 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Bye.

Aikl #3 Posted 08 December 2017 - 07:36 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25547 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

It's perfectly natural to get a bit tired of a game you've been playing for over four years. Nothing to make a thread about. Take a goddarn break and return in half a year. Tends to improve the game massively. Oh, and stop grinding shitty tank lines. That helps a lot too. Set your own personal goals if everything else fails.

Having played this game for well over six years, it's all the small things. Well, the maps too, not particularly fond of how much time HD maps are taking and the halt on "normal" map development - but I honestly can't come up with another alternative if improving graphics is needed for the game to stay attractive. Well, WoT 2, but who the heck wants that...

Edited by Aikl, 08 December 2017 - 07:36 PM.

Strappster #4 Posted 08 December 2017 - 07:36 PM

General

• Player
  • 23968 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Browarszky #5 Posted 08 December 2017 - 10:51 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16096 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L
Oh, I remember the good old days when grinding didn't even feel like grinding.

commer #6 Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:00 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 38082 battles

View Postkbb07142, on 08 December 2017 - 07:10 PM, said:

I used to love this game, and have probably burn myself out from it, but lately I have been so bored playing WOT.

In the what, 5 years I have been playing it, nothing has been changed, other than maybe graphics (oh and the 30v30, but i will get to that later).

1) Grinding

For example, I have had the T28 Proto in my garage now for over a year, with 0 games in it. I dont want to play 300+ games on a tank that is 0 fun to play. So in the end I play the same tier 8 TDs over and over again, then get bored playing them, and think if I should play the T28 Proto, look at the xp i need to get a decent gun on it and go [edited]it, I will take a break. 

2) Economy

A good game (1st class) in my M4A1 Rev gets me around 35-40k credits with 0 gold fired. To get from tier 9-10 I need to play 200 games just in a premium tank, just to be able to afford the tier 10. This is not counting the 300+ games I need to play the Rev just to be able to afford to play the tier 9 to unlock the tier 10, and then the number of games i need to play in the Rev to be able to afford to play the tier 10, and then count in equipment.

And because the credit economy is so crapI end up playing mostly just the Rev because it makes the most money, and then get bored of playing a take a huge break from this game.

3) Arty

Individually arty is not actually too bad, its just the number of games with arty in it.

Low tier games (Anything below tier 8) and you are near guaranteed to have 3+ arty players/team.

High tier games are not as bad, but still easily half the games are 2+ arty per team. With only about 10-20% of game with no arty.

Again, individually arty is not so bad, but having nearly every game with them just bores you to tears as you have to camp in the back of the map to not get spotted by them.

4) The MM

Start at tier 8, 50% of games you are top/single tier, 30% you are mid tier/2 tier, 20% Bottom tier.

You have 100 Games, split them as accordingly above and randomly put in players into each game.

Boom, done solved it for you WG. OK the que time might be 5 seconds longer, but I would rather wait 8 seconds for a fun game than 3 seconds to be put into tier 10 game after 10 tier game.

I have a Lowe, and I love the Lowe. There is 0 point in me playing this tank in tier 10 games where I have to camp at the back of the map and be a slow TD, I can just play a scorpion which does the job better. 

5) Maps

Where are the maps?

WG said that they removed them because of bad balance in them Are the devs paying 0 attention to this game? There is 0 balance in any game.

Even if you took the most symmetrical map, well if its a city map, and you give 1 side all the heavy heavy tanks, and 1 side all the light armoured medium/heavy tanks then its still not balanced.

6) Gold Ammo

Watch QB's stream and look how much he takes, and then he will say "oh i only use it when its needed".

While he does only fire this when he needs to, or when he think me might have to, he still uses alot. If I fire 5+ gold shells in a game, i am playing the Rev for 3 hours to make back the credits (well not quite but you see my point)

7) New Content

Apart from tier 10 only (30 v 30, and ranked) where if you dont open your wallet and throw it at the screen there had been now new game modes in years.

Anyway, I am getting pretty burnt out by this game and cant see myself playing it much now.

Really, nothing has changed in the years i have been playing this game, infact its only got worse with BS OP premium tanks. Gold ammo is still not changed, Arty is still not really changed, Maps are still crap, MM is still crap. 

MM - The waiting time won't be 10s longer. Turn off grand battles and play t10. Sometimes you wait 1.5mins. 

stormermp #7 Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:20 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 41722 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT

View Postkbb07142, on 08 December 2017 - 06:10 PM, said:

1) Grinding

2) Economy

3) Arty

4) The MM

5) Maps

Where are the maps?

6) Gold Ammo

7) New Content

It is true and very much real that the game is turning into grade A piece of s***,only wise thing that you can do is not supporting them anyhow.They will eventually go under

Supakadai #8 Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:30 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 50314 battles

If you think about it, the game was released in 2010.

Now 7+ years later we just play same <10 maps over and over again with same crapspot mechanics, same crapdmg mechanics, same craprng mechanics.

The game hasn't really been developed at all ever since the beta times tbh. Just milked dry with tanks painted black, hd models and other utterly useless stuff.

Browarszky #9 Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:35 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 16096 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L

View PostSupakadai, on 08 December 2017 - 10:30 PM, said:

Now 7+ years later we just play same <10 maps over and over again with same crapspot mechanics, same crapdmg mechanics, same craprng mechanics.

The game hasn't really been developed at all ever since the beta times tbh. Just milked dry with tanks painted black, hd models and other utterly useless stuff.

Funny, if only we had the same maps but it feels more like we have less maps now than ever before.

Otherwise, I would tend to agree.

Edited by Browarszky, 08 December 2017 - 11:36 PM.

leggasiini #10 Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:42 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 14152 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
Urgh, forums, you never change

japtank #11 Posted 08 December 2017 - 11:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27619 battles

T28 Prot is actually a fun tank, I played like 300 battle in it and don't remember it being an awful grind.

It looks like you're just burnt out mate, come back later.

And don't be a cheap skate, a premium account is in order for such a long time player like you.

Tidal_Force #12 Posted 09 December 2017 - 12:08 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 16192 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
WoT. WoT never changes.

Jigabachi #13 Posted 09 December 2017 - 12:19 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostTidal_Force, on 09 December 2017 - 12:08 AM, said:

WoT. WoT never changes.

The end stage of the game occurred pretty much as we had predicted. Too many bots, not enough depth or maps to play on. The meta is trivial and pointless, the reasons, as always, purely economic ones.

Edited by Jigabachi, 09 December 2017 - 12:20 AM.

RamRaid90 #14 Posted 09 December 2017 - 12:56 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21434 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

View PostSupakadai, on 08 December 2017 - 10:30 PM, said:

Yet you have pressed battle almost 50,000 times. Funny that.

It's so boring, yet you can't stop tusing it.

TheComfyChair #15 Posted 09 December 2017 - 01:08 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7608 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostTidal_Force, on 09 December 2017 - 12:08 AM, said:

WoT. WoT never changes.

Got Fallout intro in my head for some reason :teethhappy:

RinTin_NL #16 Posted 09 December 2017 - 01:10 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 15172 battles

My problem with the game are the landslides (roflstomps?) left and right, 8 out of 10 games end in minutes and that is VERY boring, annoying and makes me very angry. How is it possible that people die so fast? unbelievable, and I think Wargaming can't do anything about it. It's a sad thing and takes away all the fun!

Edited by RinTin_NL, 09 December 2017 - 01:33 AM.

_EXODUZ_ #17 Posted 09 December 2017 - 01:49 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34979 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostStrappster, on 08 December 2017 - 07:36 PM, said:

Supakadai #18 Posted 09 December 2017 - 02:27 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 50314 battles

View PostRamRaid90, on 08 December 2017 - 11:56 PM, said:

Yet you have pressed battle almost 50,000 times. Funny that.

It's so boring, yet you can't stop tusing it.

Used to be more fun really, also had a lot of potential. Now full of illiterate donkeys thinking stupid crapis funny.

Phobos4321 #19 Posted 09 December 2017 - 03:17 AM

General

• Player
  • 43226 battles

View Postkbb07142, on 08 December 2017 - 07:10 PM, said:

1) Grinding

you know its not fun with having 0 games with it ?  should be about 240k exp you need to get to the T30, personal reserves, premiumbonus, first daily victory up to x5

what do you expect ? playing 3 games and getting all tank in the game ? playing another 3 and you are bored and leave the game ? wouldnt you get a feeling of having something achieved ? " i made it i got this tank done"  even the worst noobs manage to die there way to a Tier10 tank in about 2k battles  the battles you need would be also a time to learn the game and the tank tree its strong and weakpoints etc 

2) Economy

http://wotreplays.eu...87164#details   with premium and and reserves this would have been about 120k net gain if it was a T10 there might have been in another 20% crd gain so you could basically cut down your 200 games to about 60 there are quite a few players that could earn a T10 tank perfectly within a single day

you dont want to grind you dont want to farm  but you want to have everything for free ? or its shitty system ?

3) Arty

wasnt it predictable ? lowering the total number of arties per battle would mean increasing the numbers of battles with arties in them also there might even be games with 3 arties and non of em shooting at you  just having 3 ofthem on the other team wont mean they could rain shells on every single enemy on the field

4) The MM

im not even sure why bitching about mm right now at least they seem to have changed something before with normal 3/5/7 most of my T8 wouldnt have seen a single T6/7 tank anyway  T10 or t9 battles at best a pure T8 one  somehow right now im even toptier from time to time so something was changed for sure

5) Maps

Where are the maps?

pls quote where wg said they removed them ..., also browsing  over my replay i cant exactly see a noteworthy increase in pilsen or ensk

if there is 0 balance in them why didnt you leave the game ? why didnt leave everyone the game if it was so bad as you said ?

6) Gold Ammo

i dont get your stuff i read like it was written by some tomato still you are far from being one, so its rather unclear how you fail at noticing the need of timesinks, moneysinks etc, earning crds shouldnt be a problem for you either  

7) New Content

oh man you are trolling  right ?

historical battles was as much of a fail as national battles.  playing a stock T3 tank vs some T9 tanks ? 9 us t6 tanks having to fight  12 german tanks that got 1x ferdi and 2x Tiger2  ? guess why it failed no one wanted to be cannon fooder

there had been quiete some modes they just removed them again but that doesnt mean they didnt do anything at all     

probably most would at least have noticed the changed mm, taking away damage and adding stun for arties should have gain most players recognition too,who would gold ammo expect to be changed anytime soon or even ever ?  hardly anyone ...  , maps get hd reformed do you expect major changes before they release them ? i could hardly compare the game i started with  (was is 6.7?)

with the game we have now, new renderer, added maps, personal missions, physics engine no more hanging on the hills exactly needing a ramp to skik terrain levels, far more rewards/events  marathons, plenty of new nation and trees, +/-4 mm, included mods to the game ...  not every change might have been for the best but there had been plenty 

you either dont notice or dont want to notice the changes also your expectations seems to be off. WG never said the would make the game you want to have right ?  

so if everything is so bad the easiest solution would be  take a break  just ignore the game for half a year after than you might even notice some changes    

View PostSupakadai, on 08 December 2017 - 11:30 PM, said:

excluding the reskined /doubled  aps you still have about 35 maps left

also if everything is so crappy why are you still here ? is it masochism and you need to punish yourself up to at least 50k battles ?

the change in the physics engine might have been one ofthe biggest changes the game aver saw

Supakadai #20 Posted 09 December 2017 - 03:33 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 50314 battles

View PostPhobos4321, on 09 December 2017 - 02:17 AM, said:

excluding the reskined /doubled  aps you still have about 35 maps left

also if everything is so crappy why are you still here ? is it masochism and you need to punish yourself up to at least 50k battles ?

the change in the physics engine might have been one ofthe biggest changes the game aver saw

Excluding the maps you don't have rotating on that day you will still be playing under 10 maps.

Also, how bout it's none of your illiterate donkey business?

The change in the physics also literally broke most of the maps, never to be revised again.

For a short example, Fjords map as scout starting from the northern side, just run to C7 and grab your 99% victory, simply because incompetent idiots don't care to fix crap.

Edited by Supakadai, 09 December 2017 - 03:33 AM.

Also tagged with Bored

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users