• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Sashimi85 #1 Posted 10 December 2017 - 01:00 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14348 battles
  • [P-C-T] P-C-T

Good morning Wargaming and WOT players

With this topic I want to suggest some changes that could be applied in the next update. These suggestions relate to a revision/upgrades to the E 100.

I have been a WOT player for a number of years and over those years I have witnessed several revisions/upgrades to many of the present tanks. However, I think this German heavy tank (E100) was left in the dark and does not even compare with the current tier X tanks.
I understand that each tank should have its strengths and weaknesses or it would be a stronghold to defeat (some have excellent armor, are slow and have a powerful weapon, others are quick but have a worse armor and weapon power, etc). All in order to have a balance.

It turns out that there goes the time when the E 100 was a good tank and had its strengths. At the moment, in my opinion, it's a slow tank with a reasonable/weak armor (since virtually any tank over Tier IX penetrates it) and has a deplorable weapon penetration (all tier VIII tanks with a reasonable armor are difficult to penetrate, not to mention above tier VIII).

Basically it has become an obsolete and unbalanced tank compared to the remaining tier X tanks and it provides battles where the user has little or no damage and only leads to spend money on repairs and ammunition.

I do not know if other players have the same opinion, but what is certain is that it is practically impossible to play with this tank and that is quite unbalanced compared to the other tanks in its category.

In order for this tank to be useful and playable, I suggest a review with consequent improvements for the next update.

I apologize for the long text.

Best regards

Edited by Sashimi85, 10 December 2017 - 01:04 PM.

Sfinski #2 Posted 10 December 2017 - 01:06 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29804 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

You didn't tell any suggestions though...

Every tank it meets should be able to pen it. That's how tanks are balanced. 

If you are having hard time penning t8s with it the problem is you, not the tank.

Tank is fine, even if it's not the best. It's not the worst either. 

TrewSx #3 Posted 10 December 2017 - 01:14 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 59130 battles
E-100 is just fine as it is right now. I managed to penetrate tanks with the old 235 pen and for those instances you need more, there is always HEAT.

In general I am getting tired of never ending buffs, with the current WG's vision I can see them overbuffing this tank and also removing it's weakspots.

The "new" premium tanks made the way for the Super Heavy Meta.

Sashimi85 #4 Posted 10 December 2017 - 01:18 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14348 battles
  • [P-C-T] P-C-T

I understand what you're saying Sfinsky, but I don't think I need to be more explicit. Obviously the suggestions would be to increase the penetration of the weapon or slightly improve the armor, just to match it to the other tanks of the same category.

What you refer next I disagree with you. As I said, I playe WOT for a few years and as such the way I play tendentially will not be worse. I remember a long time ago, when I acquired the tank, to be more balanced with the others of the same category and not have so much difficulty in penetrating the other tanks.

I have had countless unusual situations (not 1 or 2) in which I was shooting against an opposing tank completely on the side or rear and the projectile bounced!!!

Something happened to the tank and I do not think it will be my way to play !!!

I just think the tank is unbalanced with the remaining tier X tanks.

Greetings

Sfinski #5 Posted 10 December 2017 - 01:34 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29804 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

View PostSashimi85, on 10 December 2017 - 02:18 PM, said:

I understand what you're saying Sfinsky, but I don't think I need to be more explicit. Obviously the suggestions would be to increase the penetration of the weapon or slightly improve the armor, just to match it to the other tanks of the same category.

What you refer next I disagree with you. As I said, I playe WOT for a few years and as such the way I play tendentially will not be worse. I remember a long time ago, when I acquired the tank, to be more balanced with the others of the same category and not have so much difficulty in penetrating the other tanks.

I have had countless unusual situations (not 1 or 2) in which I was shooting against an opposing tank completely on the side or rear and the projectile bounced!!!

Something happened to the tank and I do not think it will be my way to play !!!

I just think the tank is unbalanced with the remaining tier X tanks.

Greetings

So when it had worse pen you had easier time penning tanks? Something happened indeed, it got better pen...

It might only feel unbalanced as there is a few unbalanced ones. THOSE tanks should be nerfed/changed, not every other tank to be buffed. 

DuncaN_101 #6 Posted 10 December 2017 - 01:43 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 51862 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
there is nothing wrong with the E100. adapt or move on 2 the next tank in this case.

stormermp #7 Posted 10 December 2017 - 02:07 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 40064 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT

View PostDuncaN_101, on 10 December 2017 - 12:43 PM, said:

there is nothing wrong with the E100. adapt or move on 2 the next tank in this case.

So you agree that nothing was wrong with IS-7 also?but i don't know it keeps getting buffed man?just because it was underwhelmed by the 5a,is it just because it was really so weak or do E100 does not need rebalancing for 5 years or so.Your opinion is moot

Dava_117 #8 Posted 10 December 2017 - 02:29 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17629 battles
  • [B-BAS] B-BAS

View Poststormermp, on 10 December 2017 - 02:07 PM, said:

So you agree that nothing was wrong with IS-7 also?but i don't know it keeps getting buffed man?just because it was underwhelmed by the 5a,is it just because it was really so weak or do E100 does not need rebalancing for 5 years or so.Your opinion is moot

IS-7 has indeed been overbuffed. But this is not an excuse to overbuff E100 as well. 

UrQuan #9 Posted 10 December 2017 - 02:29 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 19049 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

The E-100 has been unchanged for a long time now, simply because it doesn't need it. The combination of good, easy to angle armor & a very powerful gun, with a very good selection of ammo (one of the few tanks where all 3 ammo types are quite balanced & each serve a role) made the tank rather powercreep-proof.

I honestly don't see a need to buff it, especially, as they already addressed the lower pen it used to have. 

DuncaN_101 #10 Posted 10 December 2017 - 02:30 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 51862 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
yeah that must be it ...

etody77 #11 Posted 10 December 2017 - 02:30 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 58965 battles
  • [PT-RO] PT-RO
Ir's nothing wrong with E-100, only thing that can be done is to research second gun on a tier 9 HT, like for Japan or st-4

Tiger_Panzermeyer #12 Posted 10 December 2017 - 02:44 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 8306 battles

View PostSashimi85, on 10 December 2017 - 01:00 PM, said:

Block Quote

In order for this tank to be useful and playable, I suggest a review with consequent improvements for the next update.

Is it russian?nope so no buff.

soul3ater #13 Posted 10 December 2017 - 02:50 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18480 battles
  • [OMNIA] OMNIA
in all my years of wot, the only tank that has been in a good place is the E-100. it never disappoints, yes the gold spam to your turret is annoying but with bit of angling you should be fine.

ZlatanArKung #14 Posted 10 December 2017 - 02:55 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles
I would prefer if other T10 tanks got nerfed.
But the never ending cycle of buffing T10 tanks will probably soon come to E100 with removal of weakspot, stronger turret, better gun and better lfp.

Just so the difference between T8 and T10 can be made bigger and bigger for every patch.

Sashimi85 #15 Posted 10 December 2017 - 03:02 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14348 battles
  • [P-C-T] P-C-T

I think you all are missing my point. But some of tou were quite near. I don't think that E 100 is a bad tank. The problem is, like other members said, along this years wargaming was making several improvements in other tanks (especially russian tanks like IS7 IS4, etc) and left E 100 forgoten. As so, it's impossible to match/compare E 100 to this tanks because, in my opinion, they are far superior in almost all aspects.

Ok, I admit that buffering tanks shoul not be the solution, otherwise in a few updates we will have a boring game with everyone trying to penetrate enemy tanks with no success. So the solution should be to downgrade this OP tanks that are constantly being improved each update.

View PostSfinski, on 10 December 2017 - 01:34 PM, said:

So when it had worse pen you had easier time penning tanks? Something happened indeed, it got better pen...

It might only feel unbalanced as there is a few unbalanced ones. THOSE tanks should be nerfed/changed, not every other tank to be buffed. 

It was easier because other tanks werent so buffed, it's simple. Increasing pen won't make any difference if they remove weak spots from other tanks and increase their armor.

DuncaN_101 #16 Posted 10 December 2017 - 03:14 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 51862 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

View PostSashimi85, on 10 December 2017 - 03:02 PM, said:

I think you all are missing my point. But some of tou were quite near. I don't think that E 100 is a bad tank. The problem is, like other members said, along this years wargaming was making several improvements in other tanks (especially russian tanks like IS7 IS4, etc) and left E 100 forgoten. As so, it's impossible to match/compare E 100 to this tanks because, in my opinion, they are far superior in almost all aspects.

Ok, I admit that buffering tanks shoul not be the solution, otherwise in a few updates we will have a boring game with everyone trying to penetrate enemy tanks with no success. So the solution should be to downgrade this OP tanks that are constantly being improved each update.

so you awnsered your own question ... it doesn't need a buff ... other tanks need slight nerfs 2 balance the tier (but my point is moot so never mind)

Sashimi85 #17 Posted 10 December 2017 - 03:29 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14348 battles
  • [P-C-T] P-C-T

View PostDuncaN_101, on 10 December 2017 - 03:14 PM, said:

so you awnsered your own question ... it doesn't need a buff ... other tanks need slight nerfs 2 balance the tier (but my point is moot so never mind)

The problem is that we are not here for a few moths. I think most of all play WOT a several years. So you know that it's most likely WOT to buff tanks than nerf one. On a perfect world I think it would be better to nerf a few tanks, but we all know it won't happen.

And no, I did not answered my question because I didn't made a question. I made a sugestion.

And judging by your answer, after all you recognize that E 100 is inferior to other tanks that are contantly buffed. You just proved my point and the core of my topic.

Dava_117 #18 Posted 10 December 2017 - 03:31 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17629 battles
  • [B-BAS] B-BAS

View PostSashimi85, on 10 December 2017 - 03:02 PM, said:

Since when WG buffed IS-4? IS-4 is far more powercrept rha E-100!

Sashimi85 #19 Posted 10 December 2017 - 03:42 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14348 battles
  • [P-C-T] P-C-T

View PostDava_117, on 10 December 2017 - 03:31 PM, said:

Since when WG buffed IS-4? IS-4 is far more powercrept rha E-100!

Sorry for my mistake. But I think you've got the point. Several tanks being buffed and more than once!

Etre_ #20 Posted 10 December 2017 - 03:46 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 50809 battles
  • [WEBOB] WEBOB

View Postsoul3ater, on 10 December 2017 - 02:50 PM, said:

in all my years of wot, the only tank that has been in a good place is the E-100. it never disappoints, yes the gold spam to your turret is annoying but with bit of angling you should be fine.

About the turret, was nice if they removed the flat part at the bottom. That cut on the corner especially. 

Edited by Etre_, 10 December 2017 - 03:53 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users