Bot

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Procjon #1 Posted 10 December 2017 - 09:15 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 52170 battles

Hello,

I was reading a small discussion about using BOTS and how much benefits it has since WG doesn't  do much to solve this problem. I must say playing this game for long enough I understand why some people want to use BOTS which are very helpful in grinding the game. It ruins the game for others but hey this game has less and less to do with multi-cooperation anyway with each update unless you play CW.

Usually lots of players play this game game on a weekend but grinding on the weekend is just an awful experience as so many rape win/loss games are in action that it has no fun to play any new tank that needs grinding.

WG doesn't change anything to help this situation as i see with each update more and more fast rape win/loss games.

People tend to use something to cheat when the ratio of effort/prize is way out of whack. I thing this is the reason so many people complain about weekends as more people use BOTS to advance their tanks.

HF

Edited by Procjon, 10 December 2017 - 09:21 PM.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #2 Posted 10 December 2017 - 09:22 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26599 battles
No, people use cheats because people suck.

Procjon #3 Posted 10 December 2017 - 09:24 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 52170 battles

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 10 December 2017 - 08:22 PM, said:

No, people use cheats because people suck.

That's true but some of players that use BOTS are high WN8 guys and they just want to skip the awful period of grinding when no other options are available.

vasilinhorulezz #4 Posted 10 December 2017 - 09:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21101 battles

Bots are not really a problem, there aren't a lot this days, 

as for your question "why people use them"

it's simple, it grinds lines and can collect credits for you, without you doing anything.

Edited by vasilinhorulezz, 10 December 2017 - 09:25 PM.

vasilinhorulezz #5 Posted 10 December 2017 - 09:26 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21101 battles

View PostProcjon, on 10 December 2017 - 09:24 PM, said:

That's true but some of players that use BOTS are high WN8 guys and they just want to skip the awful period of grinding when no other options are available.

NO, people with high WN8 don't use bots.

Also, most of the so called bots, are actually really, really bad players.

Edited by vasilinhorulezz, 10 December 2017 - 09:26 PM.

Balc0ra #6 Posted 10 December 2017 - 09:26 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 62749 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

And what do you suggest WG do to solve it? They have actually done a lot, as the bot issue was a big problem on high tiers even a few years ago vs now. As then you did see 1 or 2 each game. They can't detect it easily now, as the feedback they get are key input if they use way points. Nor are they installed via the mod folder for them to notice it there. They can only detect them self it if it's idle. And then they get zero xp after a few games as a penalty. So idle bots died out years ago due to it.

You might meet one or two on low tiers since they are harder to spot among the bad apples. Thus that's they can get away with it easier for longer. I might see one now and then if I play low tier premiums by the way they move their turret when they see an enemy. I don't meet 3-5 each game even there. Not seen one on mid to high tiers for years, as they would get spotted and reported instantly. As they are clear as day for most.

Most "bots" on mid to high tiers that you see are just bad players with low situational awareness, nothing more. So I highly doubt they affect your win/loss ratio as much as you want to.

Edited by Balc0ra, 10 December 2017 - 09:30 PM.

Procjon #7 Posted 10 December 2017 - 09:34 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 52170 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 10 December 2017 - 08:26 PM, said:

And what do you suggest WG do to solve it? They can't detect it easily, as the feedback they get are key input if they use way points. Nor are they installed via the mod folder for them to notice it there. They can only detect them self it if it's idle. And then they get zero xp after a few games as a penalty. You might meet one or two on low tiers since they are harder to spot among the bad apples. Thus that's they can get away with it easier for longer. I might see one now and then if I play low tier premiums by the way they move their turret when they see an enemy. Not see one on mid to high tiers for years, as they would get spotted and reported instantly. As they are clear as day for most.

Most "bots" on mid to high tiers that you see are just bad players with low situational awareness, nothing more. So I highly doubt they affect your win/loss ratio as much as you want to.

The could change the way grinding process works. At this moment tier 8-10 are pain in the *** for a regular adult person that doesn't have countless days to play it as a real life is ON. Many times you can be top player but you have lost game and lost credits, exp and etc. So if you have a regular life - not child alike - then it is hard to grind those tanks unless you spend real money.

K_A #8 Posted 10 December 2017 - 09:35 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13566 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Honestly, in the 12k+ battles I've played, I've seen 2 (that's one-two, two) genuine and clearly recognisable bots. 99% of the time when people "see" bots, they in reality see either a very much new to video games player, a child, a mentally handicapped player, or an otherwise distracted by real life individual behind the keyboard (or away from keyboard). 

K_A #9 Posted 10 December 2017 - 09:37 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13566 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostProcjon, on 10 December 2017 - 08:34 PM, said:

The could change the way grinding process works. At this moment tier 8-10 are pain in the *** for a regular adult person that doesn't have countless days to play it as a real life is ON. Many times you can be top player but you have lost game and lost credits, exp and etc. So if you have a regular life - not child alike - then it is hard to grind those tanks unless you spend real money.

So NOW we get to the gist of this thread!" You just want WG to make it easier for you to grind your way to tier 10 with no effort put into the game whatsoever! :sceptic:

Sessine #10 Posted 10 December 2017 - 09:43 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27092 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

And worse...no money. 

Money is the easy way. Watched my brother grind the FV 183 yesterday from unlocked AT15. It did not even take a minute. :trollface:

Procjon #11 Posted 10 December 2017 - 10:05 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 52170 battles

View PostK_A, on 10 December 2017 - 08:37 PM, said:

So NOW we get to the gist of this thread!" You just want WG to make it easier for you to grind your way to tier 10 with no effort put into the game whatsoever! :sceptic:

You missed the whole point. I don't mind grinding as i don't like to cheat and cause a havoc to other players by using bots that ruin a game. I just wanted to point out why some players use bots as they have no the same amount of time to spare on games as kids have.

K_A #12 Posted 10 December 2017 - 10:10 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13566 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostProcjon, on 10 December 2017 - 09:05 PM, said:

You missed the whole point. I don't mind grinding as i don't like to cheat and cause a havoc to other players by using bots that ruin a game. I just wanted to point out why some players use bots as they have no the same amount of time to spare on games as kids have.

You grind for the time you have and get as far as you get. I have a very low battle count when looking at my join date, and I don't have many tier 10s yet, but I accept it as part of the game. Yes, the whole point in bot programs is to avoid all grind in the game, that's the one and only point in bots at all so wot is not in any way different to any other game, but in my mind it's not as big a problem as you think. Most of the players are just BAD.

unhappy_bunny #13 Posted 10 December 2017 - 10:15 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17409 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View PostProcjon, on 10 December 2017 - 09:15 PM, said:

Hello,

I was reading a small discussion about using BOTS and how much benefits it has since WG doesn't  do much to solve this problem (do you know that for a fact or is that just speculation?). I must say playing this game for long enough I understand why some people want to use BOTS which are very helpful in grinding the game. It ruins the game for others but hey this game has less and less to do with multi-cooperation anyway with each update unless you play CW. That is a very cynical view, but sadly it might be true. It just shows the sort of player in the game at the moment.

Usually lots of players play this game game on a weekend but grinding on the weekend is just an awful experience as so many rape win/loss games are in action that it has no fun to play any new tank that needs grinding.

WG doesn't change anything to help this situation as i see with each update more and more fast rape win/loss games.

People tend to use something to cheat when the ratio of effort/prize is way out of whack. I thing this is the reason so many people complain about weekends as more people use BOTS to advance their tanks.

HF

View PostProcjon, on 10 December 2017 - 09:24 PM, said:

The answer is that there are some players that are last, to impatient, or just cant be bothered to make the effort. Some, as you say, may be higher WN8 but they probably feel they are "too good" to work at a tank and just want to play the "top" tanks/tiers. 

Nishi_Kinuyo #14 Posted 10 December 2017 - 10:22 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 6971 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

Well, you see, its like this:

I wake up in the morning, I boot up WoT, turn on my bot program, and when I get back home from work in the evening, I'll have plenty more credits and exp towards the tier 10 tanks I want to suck at.

Or at least, if I'd be foolish enough to use a bot. :trollface:

Bigtime_Alarm #15 Posted 10 December 2017 - 10:23 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16589 battles
Same reason they use aimbots, lasers, reload counters etc. they want the feeling of stomping someone else down and don't care how they get it.

Unicums_worst_Nightmare #16 Posted 11 December 2017 - 12:12 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 41861 battles
In my 38,7k battles I never realized there is any bots in my team. I haven't time look at other players during battle. And when Iam dead Iam going straight to garage. I don't look how battle ends. Maybe this is reason why I never saw Bot in action. I heard only legends about them. 

clixor #17 Posted 11 December 2017 - 12:46 AM

Major

• Player
  • 49569 battles

View Postvasilinhorulezz, on 10 December 2017 - 09:24 PM, said:

Bots are not really a problem, there aren't a lot this days, 

as for your question "why people use them"

it's simple, it grinds lines and can collect credits for you, without you doing anything.

only to a certain tier, after that the repair bill, on average, will outweigh the income. Perhaps for grinding xp yes, but somehow the credits have to be compensated. 

So the reason why we don't see much bots, and WG not doing much about is in short that this game isn't really suitable for grinding though botting.

Pandabird #18 Posted 11 December 2017 - 07:41 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33973 battles
  • [KOFF] KOFF
A similar discussion could be had regarding why do people buy premium time?

It's essentially pay to play less.

m1x_angelico #19 Posted 11 December 2017 - 08:14 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21546 battles
  • [-VETO] -VETO

The environment promoted by WG in WOT makes it fertile ground for use of bots. However, as WG has changed the monetary mechanics of the game, it doesn't pay off to use them on higher tiers, so you can usually find them on lower tiers.

I've heard of people using bots to grind tanks and then sell accounts to use money for their playing accounts, but that just sounds silly to me. You can earn enough money in most countries to buy premium/tanks by working a temp job for like 2 weeks the most.

One almost certain way to detect bots is when you insult them or ask them a question, they don't respond. Bad players ("bots") almost always do.

Jigabachi #20 Posted 11 December 2017 - 10:34 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17746 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
People use that kind of stuff because they are spoiled brats who completely lost their grip on reality.
We once played games for fun, including the good old "the journey is the reward"-mentality, but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore.
To be fair, modern gaming companies like to fork up that kind of attitude by making the journey long and boring, but still...

Also tagged with Bot

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users