• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

K_A #21 Posted 11 December 2017 - 09:02 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13643 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postiuytr, on 11 December 2017 - 07:41 PM, said:

Actually on further inspection there's no premium tanks in the line and tier that I was looking for. Puzzling why there aren't any.

I can understand people's reluctance when you've played thousands of battles in fully researched fully equipped tanks with 100% multi-skilled crews, and you're used to it. It would be embarrassing to go back to a stock tank with 50% crews and find out how much of your perceived ability was as a result of playing a fully researched tank with multi-skilled crew.

Actually, one dude here did an experiment of sorts. He made a whole new account, with no premium time, no gold, all purely standard, no gold ammo, crew started from zero, and picked exactly one line to play, so he couldn't grind credits or crew training anywhere else than on that one tank he was playing at a time. It's here:

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/460625-the-r-lion-now-f2peditedlion-f2p-experiment-finished/#topmost

and the results were, he did ever so slightly worse than what he would've done on his pimped up account with better crews and such, but all in all he could still get unicum stats 100% solo no gold no help no problem.

Edited by K_A, 11 December 2017 - 09:02 PM.

Jigabachi #22 Posted 11 December 2017 - 09:20 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17946 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postiuytr, on 11 December 2017 - 08:41 PM, said:

Actually on further inspection there's no premium tanks in the line and tier that I was looking for. Puzzling why there aren't any.

I can understand people's reluctance when you've played thousands of battles in fully researched fully equipped tanks with 100% multi-skilled crews, and you're used to it. It would be embarrassing to go back to a stock tank with 50% crews and find out how much of your perceived ability was as a result of playing a fully researched tank with multi-skilled crew.

But we have exactly the same each time we start a new nation. The only thing that is different on your account(s) is the reduced number of lines you play and grind at once. And you can't skip tanks when you start a new nation, which I personally never did, either.

Apart from that, everything is more or less the same. You just make your life much more complicated without any comprehensible reason.

CmdRatScabies #23 Posted 11 December 2017 - 10:04 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 37626 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
I guess separate accounts would give you more garage and barrack slots?  More gift tanks you could sell for credits?  You could also complete specials more than once (if you had the time)?

Pvt_Duffer #24 Posted 11 December 2017 - 11:32 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 16658 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 11 December 2017 - 09:04 PM, said:

I guess separate accounts would give you more garage and barrack slots?  More gift tanks you could sell for credits?  You could also complete specials more than once (if you had the time)?

That might have mattered more when you only got 3 slots and 3 tier 1 tanks when you started a new account.

How many do you get now?

How many get given away in missions/rewards/bonuses?

Homer_J #25 Posted 11 December 2017 - 11:50 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29026 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postiuytr, on 10 December 2017 - 10:22 PM, said:

And having to play the stock tanks is all part of the experience.

It isn't.  It really really isn't.

Anyway, won't you be tempted to use some free exp from the German TDs on German heavies?  Ore are you having an account for every line?

Edited by Homer_J, 11 December 2017 - 11:50 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users