Valley of lost games

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

anonym_sfDyoWv7xpoS #1 Posted 11 December 2017 - 12:44 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 0 battles

I had a strange experience last night that has shocked me to the core!

In my trusty Marder 38T, got a tier 4 game on Lakeville encounter and immediately I feared the worst.  I had had a couple of games previously that despite doing well, we lost so I was in a despairing mood.  As such I texted to the team  -Please do NOT all go to the valley - go city:) a friendly Stug gave support to this.

Wonder of wonders, the team did exactly that and we left the valley basically empty.  I went mid road and after contesting that and disrupting the red teams attempt at approaching the city from their spawn, I got the absolutely fantastic sight of the enemy teams rush through the valley and then their procession along the lake to the city.

It was farming pleasure at its best and they all died.

We of course won

My belief in common sense has been restored.  Now to try and find it at higher tiers:izmena:

TheDrownedApe #2 Posted 11 December 2017 - 12:55 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 44628 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

TBH on lakeville leaving one side empty is usually a mistake as your team, generally, will not push aggressive enough to compensate for the open flank and they enemy can apply cap pressure or rape you from the side. Then too many or not enough go back to defend and you get fooked.

but im glad you won and had a one sided encounter on your side, just don't come back when it is the other way around ;)

anonym_sfDyoWv7xpoS #3 Posted 11 December 2017 - 01:07 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 0 battles

This was encounter, so the cap was in the city, otherwise I agree with you

Mimos_A #4 Posted 11 December 2017 - 01:13 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 24959 battles
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L

View PostDr_ownape, on 11 December 2017 - 12:55 PM, said:

TBH on lakeville leaving one side empty is usually a mistake as your team, generally, will not push aggressive enough to compensate for the open flank and they enemy can apply cap pressure or rape you from the side. Then too many or not enough go back to defend and you get fooked.

but im glad you won and had a one sided encounter on your side, just don't come back when it is the other way around ;)

You need one or two guys overlooking the valley, but there's no real point in going into the valley unless you're already winning mid or town. It's the same situation as the beach on Overlord. There's nothing necessarily wrong with the valley/beach, it's just that you spend a significant time isolated from the rest of your team unable to support anyone, while you don't gain a position that's strong enough to dominate unless your team also pushed forward somewhere else.

EDIT: The most frustrating scenario is having one light on Lakeville. And he goes valley. Not just to maybe get an early spot on arty and piss off again. No, to duke it out frontally in a narrow corridor...

Edited by Mimos_A, 11 December 2017 - 01:18 PM.

TankkiPoju #5 Posted 11 December 2017 - 01:31 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 20993 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

And I had an encounter game where our top tier E4 went to Lakeville valley and said "needs two other tanks to go with him". And he got that, because why not. And then they just camped there. E4 probably thinks he did the right thing because he did whopping 3k damage.

You can just guess how the game ended as the other team just rolled into the town with all tier 10s. This was a normal 3-5-7 game. Some things never change.

The valley push works sometimes if people actually push. Nearly every time they stop as soon as they meet the first enemy tank.

Edited by TankkiPoju, 11 December 2017 - 01:33 PM.

magkiln #6 Posted 11 December 2017 - 01:43 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24758 battles
  • [EKKE] EKKE

In encounter, the valley is useless. One TD at the end can effectively seal it long enough for the team to win the town.

In standard battle you can use it to break through, but I still wouldn't advice it. A soon as you come out of the valley you get caught in a cross fire.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users