[Live] The Final Battle Begins!

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 11 December 2017 - 03:50 PM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
It's time for the clash of the year between the top 12 teams in the world!

The full text of the news item

Black_Gold_Saw #2 Posted 11 December 2017 - 06:10 PM

Goliath Slayer

• Player
  • 16544 battles

How do I vote for teams?

Cant find anything about that.

I WANT THAT Black Bulldog!

Edited by Black_Gold_Saw, 11 December 2017 - 06:17 PM.

Andicus #3 Posted 11 December 2017 - 06:35 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 20266 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE

Block Quote

Watch the contest video on the site and share it on social media (earns another 3 votes). Your post must be set to Public.

Lame, count me out

EnglishBob_ #4 Posted 12 December 2017 - 12:10 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 448 battles
  • [TMUK] TMUK
Any news on what will this years GF Tank for Sale   .........  Black Caenarvon Action X Tier 8 ?     :honoring:

__No_0NaMe__ #5 Posted 12 December 2017 - 06:29 AM

Private

• Player
  • 13014 battles
  • [IR_EF] IR_EF

Hello 

I'm trying for 12 hours to open webpage https://wotfinals.com/ 

This site can’t be reached

Is it available to you? :mellow:

EnglishBob_ #6 Posted 12 December 2017 - 09:02 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 448 battles
  • [TMUK] TMUK
Yes I can reach it no problems .. and I am in Australia  :great:

LovelyBerta #7 Posted 12 December 2017 - 02:48 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3154 battles

Off-topic question: is it an antistatic bracelet the one the gamers are wearing on their left wrist?

Don't blame me, it's serious question.

sasa6979 #8 Posted 13 December 2017 - 04:22 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1242 battles
Witch monitor did they use? T(h)anks in advance!

Deadoks #9 Posted 14 December 2017 - 07:19 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 16576 battles

Hahaha again a big fail!

When WG tries to do some streaming and competition... It's just too boring and the commentators are as well...

I give 3 hints (some not all they're too much) of why this is a fail:

(Compare with League of Legend)

1. We don't know the player.
- On LoL we (learn to) know each player and their play, we sometime meet them on random

2. The game(play) team vs team is not like random, sono identification of the game we play against the game they play.

- On LoL we play the same game, same champions on the same "map"... It's easier to identify your play versus their play and learn from them.

3. The commentators are "boring" as hell and have nothing to give us. We don"t know them, they lack of personality so nothing to make us want to listen and watch them.

- On LoL we know Sjokz (ahhhh gril), Deficio, Phreak (tons of damage),... and much more. They make the show and they're interesting to listen too. THEY put the magic to make us want to see the stream and look the game, THEY give stories about the player and their lives and so...

SO if one day you want to make something like streaming that appeal more then a few thousand people... Not sure we were a few thousand even yesterday...

Maybe think...

And yes also, make the link to your streams work. Like last time they were not all working for any reason...

Edited by Deadoks, 14 December 2017 - 07:31 AM.

Ectar #10 Posted 14 December 2017 - 09:26 AM

Lieutenant General

• Military Reserve
  • 10560 battles
  • [TMATO] TMATO

View PostDeadoks, on 14 December 2017 - 06:19 AM, said:

1. We don't know the player.
- On LoL we (learn to) know each player and their play, we sometime meet them on random

2. The game(play) team vs team is not like random, sono identification of the game we play against the game they play.

- On LoL we play the same game, same champions on the same "map"... It's easier to identify your play versus their play and learn from them.

3. The commentators are "boring" as hell and have nothing to give us. We don"t know them, they lack of personality so nothing to make us want to listen and watch them.

- On LoL we know Sjokz (ahhhh gril), Deficio, Phreak (tons of damage),... and much more. They make the show and they're interesting to listen too. THEY put the magic to make us want to see the stream and look the game, THEY give stories about the player and their lives and so..

Ok well you seem to be approaching this as someone who watches a lot of LoL and only 1 or 2 WGL 

1 - If you follow the WGL like you follow Lol you'd know the players. If anyone watched a LoL tournament now who didn't play LoL, they wouldn't know the different players or their stories.

2 - Its a fair point, hence why after this tournament there will likely be some sort of change in how esports is done. There was an official announcement about this earlier in the season.

3 - Again, you only know the LoL personalities if you watch LoL actively or have watched it multiple times in the past. For WGL casters, Mojo is one of the most well known players related to esports, Dakillzor is the commander of FAME, the best clan in EU and a pro player himself. As for me I was Community Manager for WoT for 3 years.

In LoL you can have up to 1 hour for a single 5 on 5 which is lots of time to build a story. An average 7v7 round in WoT is around 4-5 mins which isn't easy to build a consistent narrative. We do have an analyst segment though where Aniallator and Mailand break things down before and after matches - 2 well known players from top EU teams (Again, if you'd watched the league regularly you'd know that. Just like you know who Crumbs or Proly were if they were on a LoL desk.)

Thanks for the feedback though. It's always helpful to know areas that can be worked on for people unfamiliar with the WGL. If you have more suggestions please fire away.

Igor_BL #11 Posted 14 December 2017 - 11:05 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31952 battles
  • [GR33D] GR33D

The only thing that Deadoks got right is: format.

There is huge gap between random and this ESL/WGL format.

I dont think 15x15 for WGL is the only answer.

WG might make some format for random players, 7x7, Some kind of teambattles, but not 7/54 we have now.

7/70, put some daily/weelkly rewards, some simple system. It doesnt even need to be ESL related (to log on ESL wire, etc).
just made proper mod for the regular players.
or 10x10 (if WGL will shift to that format)

And, no. We dont need bonds for that format, or some other stupid inovations. Make it clean.
regular mod, like SH, 7/10 people gather up and play. Simple.
and NO PERSONAL RANKINGS... Just team rankings...

Random players need to have some sort of motivation to watch those pro players.
If they have a mod/tournament where they can use or even improve tactics and plays they seen on WGL, they could be more interessted in this.

7x7pro and 15x15random just dont have enough joint points...

personally, i watch WGL lets say regularly. But that started when few teammates and I made ESL team.... Well, whole ESL-WOT thing is dead now (GJ WG!, again).
but i keep watching WGL, because it is interessting...

ovivo #12 Posted 14 December 2017 - 12:43 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 47960 battles

I can't vote - always message "You can't vote on a live match".

Tried yesterday and today - always same error no matter at what time - during stream, last night, this morning.

Deadoks #13 Posted 14 December 2017 - 01:22 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 16576 battles

View PostEctar, on 14 December 2017 - 09:26 AM, said:

Ok well you seem to be approaching this as someone who watches a lot of LoL and only 1 or 2 WGL 

1 - If you follow the WGL like you follow Lol you'd know the players. If anyone watched a LoL tournament now who didn't play LoL, they wouldn't know the different players or their stories.

2 - Its a fair point, hence why after this tournament there will likely be some sort of change in how esports is done. There was an official announcement about this earlier in the season.

3 - Again, you only know the LoL personalities if you watch LoL actively or have watched it multiple times in the past. For WGL casters, Mojo is one of the most well known players related to esports, Dakillzor is the commander of FAME, the best clan in EU and a pro player himself. As for me I was Community Manager for WoT for 3 years.

In LoL you can have up to 1 hour for a single 5 on 5 which is lots of time to build a story. An average 7v7 round in WoT is around 4-5 mins which isn't easy to build a consistent narrative. We do have an analyst segment though where Aniallator and Mailand break things down before and after matches - 2 well known players from top EU teams (Again, if you'd watched the league regularly you'd know that. Just like you know who Crumbs or Proly were if they were on a LoL desk.)

Thanks for the feedback though. It's always helpful to know areas that can be worked on for people unfamiliar with the WGL. If you have more suggestions please fire away.

I read your point Ectar and I know who you were in WG.

But even with what you say got some point. If WG stream gets so less viewers it's maybe because it's made wrong?!?

If you had 30k to 60k viewers (based on the thousand of WoT player I would be easy) then maybe I'll say you're right for point 1 and 3.

But it's not the case and so when you say that if I was following I would know more. You're totally right! But the question is "why is there so less people followwing it?"

Maybe so because the gap between player game and competition game is too big. Maybe because we don't have any "stories" that makes us want to know the player, the team and follow their competition.

I want to follow the WoT league, it's not that I did not try, I always try to connect to event, finals etc... But it still has no savor, no taste,... And for the final between country where Belgium was, the link on the official page were wrong (so I missed it).

I'll not say I'm fully right, but the number of viewers on the WoT stream is a proof something is really wrong.

Have a good day,

Igor_BL

Yes, you understood better what I wanted to highlight from the view of a random player as I'm.

FYI:
At the moment on twitch final ongoing...
WGL_EU 1481 viewers
WGL_RU 5715 viewers

Edited by Deadoks, 14 December 2017 - 02:04 PM.

Bumbacha #14 Posted 14 December 2017 - 02:00 PM

Private

• Player
  • 17698 battles
  • [SANTA] SANTA

View Postovivo, on 14 December 2017 - 11:43 AM, said:

Tried yesterday and today - always same error no matter at what time - during stream, last night, this morning.

Same here, total fail for WG.

martinnv #15 Posted 14 December 2017 - 02:29 PM

Private

• Player
  • 38455 battles

View Postovivo, on 14 December 2017 - 12:43 PM, said:

The same. Last two days regularly try to vote, but the WG fails.

maldito06 #16 Posted 14 December 2017 - 04:15 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 25087 battles
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE

why boost is allowed  on live finale ? when Wg try to stop all boosting ? 

FijObb #17 Posted 15 December 2017 - 09:32 AM

Private

• Player
  • 11889 battles
I cannot vote either. Maybe it's just late. 

Iskusan_Tenkista #18 Posted 16 December 2017 - 03:17 PM

Private

• Player
  • 25873 battles
  • [RUL3S] RUL3S
You needed to vote before first match started on 13th December!

ovivo #19 Posted 17 December 2017 - 07:28 PM

Private

• Beta Tester
  • 47960 battles

View PostIskusan_Tenkista, on 16 December 2017 - 04:17 PM, said:

You needed to vote before first match started on 13th December!

Why then the stream casters were constantly reminding us to open the site and vote? And it didn't work.

But If you are right, then the error message was wrong.

Good news is that voting works for me during the play-off phase.

alexht #20 Posted 18 December 2017 - 07:31 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 55223 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK
Hello, the voting is over ? For the final will be a different contest ? Will the random selection be now or after the final ?

Edited by alexht, 18 December 2017 - 11:48 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users