• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

shane73tank #1 Posted 11 December 2017 - 05:25 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27288 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

Hi Folks, 

I was thinking yesterday how in the hell did we ever survive in the old days with consumables that could only be used once per battle. These days I'm finding it quite common to use my repair kit twice and sometimes the same for my crew. 

In fact for the crew I do so even in the last seconds of the game as otherwise that crew member gets less XP ( I think I read that somewhere). Some would say there are more "Critical hits" now but I'm sure there were plenty in the past and the previous curse of engine damage or gun damage  just after you've repaired your tracks is thankfully gone ( used to drive me mad when Arty did that to you just after you used your repair kit - even worse arty used to nuke you completely just after you repaired). 

So on this subject I say well done to Wargaming, I think the changes to consumable usage have enhanced my gaming experience for the better.   

So now to my esteemed tanking colleagues I ask what do you think about this change ? 

Shane

Enforcer1975 #2 Posted 11 December 2017 - 05:37 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20418 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Most likely because we weren't spoiled and could adapt to most situations. Tbh it's nice to be able to have reusable consumables but the game really is dumbed down that way. Over are those times where a bad move meant losing your tank to a good player. Now you have to hope the tomato you just tracked still has his repair kit on cooldown. No more tactics and planning ahead...

Edited by Enforcer1975, 11 December 2017 - 05:37 PM.

jack_timber #3 Posted 11 December 2017 - 05:50 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32355 battles

Reusable med kit etc great dunno how I managed without it before.

sgtYester #4 Posted 11 December 2017 - 05:53 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 53368 battles
  • [RANGF] RANGF

wg has increased the chance to get module damage so u will use those kits more  = more credits spent= less credit income= more chance that player will buy prem time = profit

last weekend i had 8!!!! times that my turret got busted, all in different tanks and tiers 6-9 . how bad can wg make this?  never happened so much before. maybe once a month

and lets not foret that arty now does damage, stuns u, kill 1/2 crew and destroys modules all in 1 shot. just so u use them kits. gg wg, ur moonbase will be a reality soon

MR_FIAT #5 Posted 11 December 2017 - 06:12 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18882 battles
  • [_RBP_] _RBP_

View PostsgtYester, on 11 December 2017 - 05:53 PM, said:

wg has increased the chance to get module damage so u will use those kits more  = more credits spent= less credit income= more chance that player will buy prem time = profit

last weekend i had 8!!!! times that my turret got busted, all in different tanks and tiers 6-9 . how bad can wg make this?  never happened so much before. maybe once a month

and lets not foret that arty now does damage, stuns u, kill 1/2 crew and destroys modules all in 1 shot. just so u use them kits. gg wg, ur moonbase will be a reality soon

this smells like a troll post but im pretty sure you only pay for a repair kit once and not for every use in battle.

as for reuseable consumeables itself, its a absolute godsend. the amounts of times some d**khead yolos you at the start of the game getting you ammoracked. or a arty taking a blind shot when the game starts etc. its a serious quality of life improvement.

shane73tank #6 Posted 11 December 2017 - 06:15 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27288 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

View PostEnforcer1975, on 11 December 2017 - 04:37 PM, said:

Most likely because we weren't spoiled and could adapt to most situations. Tbh it's nice to be able to have reusable consumables but the game really is dumbed down that way. Over are those times where a bad move meant losing your tank to a good player. Now you have to hope the tomato you just tracked still has his repair kit on cooldown. No more tactics and planning ahead...

Personally I can accept this slight dumbing down as overall it's a more pleasurable experience and now I can afford 1 mistake,  for someone of my level that's welcome,  dont get me wrong, I want to improve but the lessons are less harsh now which I think helps retain players. 

shane73tank #7 Posted 11 December 2017 - 06:16 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27288 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

View PostMR_FIAT, on 11 December 2017 - 05:12 PM, said:

this smells like a troll post but im pretty sure you only pay for a repair kit once and not for every use in battle.

as for reuseable consumeables itself, its a absolute godsend. the amounts of times some d**khead yolos you at the start of the game getting you ammoracked. or a arty taking a blind shot when the game starts etc. its a serious quality of life improvement.

You over estimate me, could not be bothered in Trolling. 

Mind you I do chuckle now that I read your name,  does'nt FIAT stand for "Fix it again Tomorrow"   :hiding:

Edited by shane73tank, 11 December 2017 - 06:19 PM.

etody77 #8 Posted 11 December 2017 - 06:20 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 61627 battles
  • [PT-RO] PT-RO
Good change. Imagine old style consumables against arty stun

KillingJoker #9 Posted 11 December 2017 - 06:20 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32011 battles
  • [-EXC-] -EXC-

By not getting shot... players would be extra carefull when crossing open streets and risking moves, because they would get tracked and then would need the repair kit...

but the most anoying was crew members being killed... arty would ruin your games if they didnt killed you in a single shot, they could ruin your game

by killing 2 or 3 guys with one hit, 

Homer_J #10 Posted 11 December 2017 - 06:27 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27652 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
What about the days when a small repair/med kit only fixed a module/crew for 2 minutes then it broke/died again.

MeetriX #11 Posted 11 December 2017 - 06:56 PM

Major

• Player
  • 19563 battles

View PostMR_FIAT, on 11 December 2017 - 06:12 PM, said:

Don't forget that the enemy also has reusable kits too.

Uebergewicht #12 Posted 11 December 2017 - 07:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 11702 battles
  • [ATD] ATD

Reusable consumables reduce the effect of RNG on your rounds, which tends to enhance the gameplay. Would be really pleased if WG reduced RNG in other aspects as well, at least for some sandbox testing.

However, the introduction of reusable consumables has taken even more flavor out of the crew skilling system. There is already very little variety how you can reasonably skill your crew, but wit hthischange, skills like jack-of-all-trades and armorer have lost quite a lot of their already limited appeal. For example, I used to run armorer on my Object 263 as people tended to shoot at its gun - but with a repair at the ready every 90sec, that´s just not worth it, at least not untill you gathered the 4 or 5 more useful skills. The crew skill rework which WG talks about here and there is long overdue.

Edited by Uebergewicht, 11 December 2017 - 09:35 PM.

Strappster #13 Posted 11 December 2017 - 07:17 PM

General

• Player
  • 23695 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postshane73tank, on 11 December 2017 - 04:25 PM, said:

In fact for the crew I do so even in the last seconds of the game as otherwise that crew member gets less XP ( I think I read that somewhere).

According to the wiki, a crewman who is injured at the end of a battle earns 10% less xp.

Chopin #14 Posted 11 December 2017 - 07:28 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 28245 battles
  • [EAB2] EAB2

I think reusable consumables were a great addition to the game, since it is adventageous for people who
-get shot
-survive for long.

Therefore for the ones who do the spotting, the brawling and are good enough to live for more than 3 minutes on average.

Whereas campers and noobs who die in the first two minutes don`t benefit from it, as the former only get shot at the end of the battle, while the latter dont live long enough to reuse it.

tldr good players benefit from it, horrible players dont.

Edited by Chopin, 11 December 2017 - 07:30 PM.

gunslingerXXX #15 Posted 11 December 2017 - 08:34 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10650 battles

We used to get one-shotted by arty, no need for med and/or repair kit when you are in tank heaven...

With the constant BS stun/track/critical hits of current arty you need kits all the time.

Edit: coincidence? I think not.

Edited by gunslingerXXX, 11 December 2017 - 08:35 PM.

Sessine #16 Posted 11 December 2017 - 08:40 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27102 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
One thing we will get less is those medals for winning/killing multiple tanks with 5 broken modules or dead crew. Can't remember what the name is but i still remember the battle where i got it in the KV1.

MR_FIAT #17 Posted 11 December 2017 - 09:56 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18882 battles
  • [_RBP_] _RBP_

View Postshane73tank, on 11 December 2017 - 06:16 PM, said:

You over estimate me, could not be bothered in Trolling. 

Mind you I do chuckle now that I read your name,  does'nt FIAT stand for "Fix it again Tomorrow"   :hiding:

i wasnt refering to your post but rather sgtYester's post about how repeated uses of consumeables in a single battle would cost you every time which isnt true. However i wont dignify the "Fix it again Tomorrow" remark with a answer (jokes aside it actualy stands for "Fabbrica Italiana Automobili Torino" )

Edited by MR_FIAT, 11 December 2017 - 09:58 PM.

Pvt_Duffer #18 Posted 11 December 2017 - 10:17 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 16653 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostMR_FIAT, on 11 December 2017 - 08:56 PM, said:

[...] post about how repeated uses of consumables in a single battle would cost you every time which isnt true. 

Although, *NOT* using a large kits used to be a strategic choice (is there value to be had from throwing ten/twenty thousand credits), in that sense, you are now much more encouraged to use them.

Small med kits always annoyed me/seemed useless because they were not  reusable,

Sure you can revive your commander so you can see, but you've still got a dead driver and gunner, they were basically near useless.

Small Repair kits: throw away for tracks maybe engine, though you trained repairs/carried tool kits and chose your moment.

Large kits, gave you a passive 10%/15% bonus to survival ability and if you were farming credits it was carry them don't use them.

If you did choose to use them it was, as I said, a strategic decision because you had already made enough damage or there was enough left in the mop up, or it was *necessary* to secure the win.

As a star certified tomato I can say with confidence I have been on the receiving end of enough steam rolls to remember thinking "Yup! Not wasting the credits"

Now they just get spammed, and if you aren't spamming them like everyone else you're at a massive disadvantage.

That is a credit sink, and likely why everyone feels like it's harder to earn credits.

Edited by Pvt_Duffer, 11 December 2017 - 10:50 PM.

ZlatanArKung #19 Posted 11 December 2017 - 10:51 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 1529 battles
I liked the one-use kits. It meant you could plan ahead, and force an early med kit usage to later use that information to track and kill same enemy.
Now it almost always take you 2 tracks to keep enemy tracked, which severely improve armoured and other slow tanks ability to fight back against flanking enemies.

Pandabird #20 Posted 12 December 2017 - 07:19 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33973 battles
  • [KOFF] KOFF
Stun mechanics have a lot to do with it. Still haven't figured out how to be certain a module/crew member isn't damaged before stun is over, often tapping that medkit in a tight spot rather than make a proper asessment over the situation. It's a pure waste sometimes healing a radio operator or a slowed down turret.

Also tagged with consumables

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users