WG Pls. Make tier 8 prems harder to get for new players

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

thestaggy #1 Posted 12 December 2017 - 08:21 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14841 battles

I know WG is a business and this is a bad business decision, but should WG maybe consider preventing someone from purchasing a tier 8 premium until they have played 'X' games for the sake of the quality of their game?

I had this player on my team in a battle on Highway. He was top-tier in 3-5-7 MM in his Liberte and he was dead weight. The enemy Chrysler K steamrolled the city, made its way to the open side of the map where our Liberte was and killed the Liberte.

Spoiler

We were all awful players at one point and like myself some of us are still getting better, but you really shouldn't be in tier 8 - 10 battles after playing less than 400 games. You are a liability and his win rate of 37% in a powerful tier 8 premium indicates that he is nothing more than a liability for his teams and a primary contributor to his team's losses. Yes, he threw money at WG but he is doing the quality of their game no favours. My first premium was a limited MM Excelsior and while I sucked hard in it, at least I was failing with my fellow noobs.

I felt bad after realising his inexperience because myself and others raged hard at him in chat, but he isn't doing himself or his team's any favours. I advised him to go and play more tiers 4 - 6 and learn and maybe search some of the Streamers'/Youtubers I gave him.

Red_Dragon_Firkraag #2 Posted 12 December 2017 - 08:31 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15031 battles

From a business point of view it is always a bad idea to decline large chunks of money. They'll thus not likely prevent newbies from buying high tier premium tanks, thus a hard obtainability wall is unlikely. What about a soft obtainability wall instead?

Perhaps a small discount (10%, stacking with other discounts) on the first premium tank of the same tier as the vehicle that got elited once at least x battles in the elited vehicle (to prevent freexp rushing) are reached? The ability to save 5 euros might make a few players think twice before buying.

This discount is of course lost if a premium tank has been obtained before the conditions are met.

Edited by Red_Dragon_Firkraag, 12 December 2017 - 08:38 AM.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #3 Posted 12 December 2017 - 08:43 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46345 battles
"Follow Me" didn't work? :)

Aikl #4 Posted 12 December 2017 - 08:55 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25163 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

While I agree that this type of players is annoying, I suspect that there are far more people with 20-40k battles and effectively equally bad stats. It would be kind of pointless to combat what isn't a big problem and ends up putting money in WG's purse.

You can argue, however, that T8 premiums shouldn't mean guaranteed credits, but it's not like you can change that now. Imagine zero credits for damage under e.g. 800 in T8 prems - but even greater rewards for at least that amount (not really feasible, because people would just camp, but in an ideal, imaginary, world...).

NUKLEAR_SLUG #5 Posted 12 December 2017 - 09:03 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27124 battles

To be fair to the guy he is substantially better in his Liberte, averaging approx. 1.5 damaging hits per game, than in his others where he's doing less than one shot of damage so I think OP should be thankful. It could have been much worse.

250swb #6 Posted 12 December 2017 - 09:17 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 21399 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
395 battles, he'll start to do much better, give him a chance to make his mistakes, it's how anybody learns. If he was learning to drive he'd be making mistakes under controlled conditions with a qualified instructor, in WOT he's doing it on his own in the full glare of the know-it-all's, the only feedback being vitriol at the end of the game. Yes it can be frustrating, but if the same mistakes and WR is evident at 8000 battles, or 30,000 battles, that is something to worry about, those are the players to offer 'advice' to.

Edited by 250swb, 12 December 2017 - 09:29 AM.

ogremage #7 Posted 12 December 2017 - 09:19 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32395 battles
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA
Play better and you can carry these players. Start improvement with yourself instead worrying about others.

adameitas #8 Posted 12 December 2017 - 09:27 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 61105 battles
  • [KITTY] KITTY
come on mate he has 395 games.. I am pretty sure you were not much better then he after such number of games. Much bigger problem is when player with 10-20k games has average damage on t8 prems like 300.. But to be honest i wont see such players very often so just calm down and move on:)

HM_Kaiser #9 Posted 12 December 2017 - 09:30 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25216 battles
That was probably one of the first times he was top tier with his T8 prem and this MM, can't blame him to not carry, he is not used to that situation :-)

Geno1isme #10 Posted 12 December 2017 - 09:55 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 41108 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT
The thing is that those people are probably the most profitable customers for WG. Not getting instant success when starting with the game they spend a couple hundred euro on premium tanks and xp conversion within a few weeks. And then either drop the game or keep going with their money investment. And they provide easy targets for the enemy team, so someone there can farm them, feel good about it and gets more motivated to spend time/money on this game.

Homer_J #11 Posted 12 December 2017 - 09:57 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27475 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postthestaggy, on 12 December 2017 - 07:21 AM, said:

I know WG is a business and this is a bad business decision, but should WG maybe consider preventing someone from purchasing a tier 8 premium until they have played 'X' games for the sake of the quality of their game?

There's plenty of clueless players with 30k+ battles, nobody is forced to learn.  And it is only a game.

zen_monk_ #12 Posted 12 December 2017 - 10:34 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 25307 battles

WG Pls. Make tier 8 prems harder to get for new players reduce your income.

Here, fixed.

Balc0ra #13 Posted 12 December 2017 - 10:53 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 63685 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Considering how few new players that are terrible in them are among all the tier 8 premiums out now. Vs how many alt accounts buy a tier 8 prem to pad WN8 and credits in it. And how many alt accounts there are around. You might see why they won't do it. Alt accounts alone is a huge income source.

Then again, there are more bad 20K with 40% tier 8 premiums that knows equally little, that there are new accounts starting on tier 8. So it won't make much of a difference in the long run.

Cobra6 #14 Posted 12 December 2017 - 10:54 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16305 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

You should not be able to buy premium tanks for tiers you have not unlocked in the regular tech tree, so if you maximum tier is tier 7 in regular vehicles you should not be able to purchase tier 8 premiums (yet).

This would force people to at least somewhat know what they are doing before they become a massive hindrance to their team.

Cobra 6

zen_monk_ #15 Posted 12 December 2017 - 11:01 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 25307 battles

View PostCobra6, on 12 December 2017 - 09:54 AM, said:

You should not be able to buy premium tanks for tiers you have not unlocked in the regular tech tree, so if you maximum tier is tier 7 in regular vehicles you should not be able to purchase tier 8 premiums (yet).

This would force people to at least somewhat know what they are doing before they become a massive hindrance to their team.

Cobra 6

Brilliant idea WG, double whammy! Let's force players into something, and at the same time massively reduce your income.

"Wow, thank you! Will be discussed at the next Board meeting."

dany_nad #16 Posted 12 December 2017 - 11:14 AM

Private

• Player
  • 18406 battles

I had this player on my team in a battle on Highway. He was top-tier in 3-5-7 MM in his Liberte and he was dead weight. The enemy Chrysler K steamrolled the city, made its way to the open side of the map where our Liberte was and killed the Liberte.

Spoiler

We were all awful players at one point and like myself some of us are still getting better, but you really shouldn't be in tier 8 - 10 battles after playing less than 400 games. You are a liability and his win rate of 37% in a powerful tier 8 premium indicates that he is nothing more than a liability for his teams and a primary contributor to his team's losses. Yes, he threw money at WG but he is doing the quality of their game no favours. My first premium was a limited MM Excelsior and while I sucked hard in it, at least I was failing with my fellow noobs.

I felt bad after realising his inexperience because myself and others raged hard at him in chat, but he isn't doing himself or his team's any favours. I advised him to go and play more tiers 4 - 6 and learn and maybe search some of the Streamers'/Youtubers I gave him.

If u care so much about winning that you have to blame other players for being bad(even if they are bad),and not just play for fun like most people do,it's not written in the stars that you have to win every game and that every game should be balanced for gods sake even the tanks are not balanced,you are playing the wrong game mode,what you are looking for is clan wars,where all people are same tier,and where all players are experienced this being what you actually want right?Do yourself a favor then and don't waist your skills in random,ranked or cw is the way for you

Jigabachi #17 Posted 12 December 2017 - 11:19 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17852 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostCobra6, on 12 December 2017 - 10:54 AM, said:

That would be the best solution, but it will never happen.

That's one of the major downsides of a f2p concept.

Edited by Jigabachi, 12 December 2017 - 11:20 AM.

Gkirmathal #18 Posted 12 December 2017 - 11:31 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8125 battles

It's far too late for WG to change their payed content regime.

WG should have from the start (CB) designed payed content so that a player needs to unlock a normal high tier, plus having played x nr of battles in that high tier, before the premium content gets unlocked and becomes purchasable to them on their account.

Lower tier should not have that restriction. Such system can be seen in other titles as well.

IMO if WG has had such a system, they would not have growth as fast as they did a few years ago and they would also not have generates so much revenue back in their peak. I think this was a catch-22 decision by them.

Edited by Gkirmathal, 12 December 2017 - 11:32 AM.

thestaggy #19 Posted 12 December 2017 - 12:31 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14841 battles

View Postogremage, on 12 December 2017 - 09:19 AM, said:

Play better and you can carry these players. Start improvement with yourself instead worrying about others.

I was in a stock O-I. Literally nothing I could do against the Chrysler K. We needed our top-tier heavy but you can see how that played out.

View Postadameitas, on 12 December 2017 - 09:27 AM, said:

come on mate he has 395 games.. I am pretty sure you were not much better then he after such number of games. Much bigger problem is when player with 10-20k games has average damage on t8 prems like 300.. But to be honest i wont see such players very often so just calm down and move on:)

Yes I was bad, but I didn't have a tier 8 after 395 games. I was still in tiers 2 - 3. Look how many battles I played in the tier 1 British medium tank.

Edited by thestaggy, 12 December 2017 - 12:33 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users