Jump to content


How to play T25 Pilot 1 ?


  • Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

HassenderZerhacker #1 Posted 12 December 2017 - 09:29 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 23545 battles
  • 1,958
  • [1DPG] 1DPG
  • Member since:
    09-09-2015

I have nearly 1000 battles in my T25 Pilot and earned a gunmark (currently at 67.5%) and usually finish in my team's top 5 thanks to spotting.

 

But my winrate is currently just below 48% in it, and every time I play it more intensively (like for grinding credits), it drags my winrate down. Yet VBaddict says the average winrate is 50.3% and survival rate 37.5%. My survival rate is 26%.

At 937, my average damage is slightly lower than VBaddict average: 1,006.4

But my spotting is higher: 598 va. 442.

 

So... how to play the T25 Pilot ?

How can I improve my winrate in it?

 

 

 

 


Edited by HassenderZerhacker, 12 December 2017 - 09:32 AM.


_EXODUZ_ #2 Posted 12 December 2017 - 09:38 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 34165 battles
  • 1,935
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    11-05-2014
When top tier play with balls, when bottom play as support. Oh and post some replays maybe?

Pedro79 #3 Posted 12 December 2017 - 09:44 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 27610 battles
  • 438
  • Member since:
    06-18-2011

Some replay would be good to watch. 

 

Your average damage is really low. Mine is 1259 in it and that is not the best neither.



HassenderZerhacker #4 Posted 12 December 2017 - 09:52 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 23545 battles
  • 1,958
  • [1DPG] 1DPG
  • Member since:
    09-09-2015
ok, I will farm some replays and post them
 

View Post_EXODUZ_, on 12 December 2017 - 09:38 AM, said:

When top tier play with balls, when bottom play as support. Oh and post some replays maybe?

 

yeah - the balls are a problem, I got them but the tank doesn't. it's so frail, even tier 6 TDs and arties make short work of it. I always play more or less as a support.

top tier: aggressive spot and damage support

middle tier: spot and flanking support

bottom tier: careful spot and hunker down


 

Pedro79 #5 Posted 12 December 2017 - 10:16 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 27610 battles
  • 438
  • Member since:
    06-18-2011

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 12 December 2017 - 10:07 AM, said:

 

yeah - the balls are a problem, I got them but the tank doesn't. it's so frail, even tier 6 TDs and arties make short work of it. I always play more or less as a support.

top tier: aggressive spot and damage support

middle tier: spot and flanking support

bottom tier: careful spot and hunker down

 

Then you doing something wrong. Thats why would be good some replays.

The turret can be bouncy a lot if you expose only that over ridges.

Once i bounced 3 shot in a row from a Waffen pv IV. Guess he just auto aimed me thinking that ill be dead within two shots. 

 

 



HassenderZerhacker #6 Posted 12 December 2017 - 10:24 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 23545 battles
  • 1,958
  • [1DPG] 1DPG
  • Member since:
    09-09-2015

View PostPedro79, on 12 December 2017 - 10:16 AM, said:

Then you doing something wrong. Thats why would be good some replays.

The turret can be bouncy a lot if you expose only that over ridges.

Once i bounced 3 shot in a row from a Waffen pv IV. Guess he just auto aimed me thinking that ill be dead within two shots. 

 

yeah, the gun mantelet has good armor.

but the rest is crap.

if I peek over ridges I usually get snapshotted in the cupolas before I have time to aim.



Cannes76 #7 Posted 12 December 2017 - 10:27 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 62489 battles
  • 1,478
  • [3V] 3V
  • Member since:
    04-16-2011
Turret is cheese, anyone with half a brain will just aim at your turret cheeks and pen. Key in the Pilot is to not get shot at.
 

View PostCannes76, on 12 December 2017 - 10:27 AM, said:

Turret is cheese, anyone with half a brain will just aim at your turret cheeks and pen. Key in the Pilot is to not get shot at.

 

that's what I try to do, but then I have trouble doing damage.
 

here is a replay where my team did well and I got a good result too.

http://wotreplays.eu..._pilot_number_1

 

I have two unlucky shots that miss arties and the LTTB hit me instead of a teammate when I wasn't spotted.

 

but Prokhorovka is a map where I usually do well in my Pilot.


 

Edited by Daxeno, 12 December 2017 - 12:53 PM.


HassenderZerhacker #8 Posted 12 December 2017 - 10:44 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 23545 battles
  • 1,958
  • [1DPG] 1DPG
  • Member since:
    09-09-2015

here is another where I didn't know what to do:

http://wotreplays.eu..._pilot_number_1

 

any tips on how to play that map in such a team configuration ?


Edited by HassenderZerhacker, 12 December 2017 - 10:45 AM.


_EXODUZ_ #9 Posted 12 December 2017 - 10:44 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 34165 battles
  • 1,935
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    11-05-2014

No, play 5 games in a row and then post those replays.

 

Edit: Ok, you posted another one.


Edited by _EXODUZ_, 12 December 2017 - 10:44 AM.


HassenderZerhacker #10 Posted 12 December 2017 - 10:49 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 23545 battles
  • 1,958
  • [1DPG] 1DPG
  • Member since:
    09-09-2015

here is another:

http://wotreplays.eu..._pilot_number_1

 

Ruinberg, tier 10.

I hate this map when bottom tier. Went to camper position and used APCR to shoot the KV4 cupola and HE to track that ST-I or what it was.

Then I try to rush to get more damage, have an unlucky accident with the allied AMX which I kill by ramming :-( and a bad case of ghost shell (in my client, the shell went right through the T-54's cupola).

 

now I need to play more.

I had a 4th battle with the T25 today but I had a disconnect and my tank yoloed headless into the enemy...


 

Flowtec_ #11 Posted 12 December 2017 - 10:55 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 36030 battles
  • 187
  • Member since:
    06-22-2011
Boost your viewrange to max, run with food. I have nearly 500m view range, cutting enemy cammo pretty well. I play it agressively. Like the gun handling, you can snapshot alot. Tank is not even so slow and mantlet can bounce quite often. Use gun depression nad always look at the minimap. You need to know, what is going on. Then take key/advantageous positions and just farm the enemy :-) 

Pedro79 #12 Posted 12 December 2017 - 11:00 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 27610 battles
  • 438
  • Member since:
    06-18-2011

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 12 December 2017 - 10:49 AM, said:

here is another:

http://wotreplays.eu..._pilot_number_1

 

Ruinberg, tier 10.

I hate this map when bottom tier. Went to camper position and used APCR to shoot the KV4 cupola and HE to track that ST-I or what it was.

Then I try to rush to get more damage, have an unlucky accident with the allied AMX which I kill by ramming :-( and a bad case of ghost shell (in my client, the shell went right through the T-54's cupola).

 

I can not watch the replays right now since i am at work.

But i dont think that you must fight against kv4 and st-i. Just turn around and find another enemy u have the speed for it.



HassenderZerhacker #13 Posted 12 December 2017 - 11:03 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 23545 battles
  • 1,958
  • [1DPG] 1DPG
  • Member since:
    09-09-2015

here is the next replay:

http://wotreplays.eu..._pilot_number_1

 

My team was completely OP from the start, the enemy team had no chance because they had almost only bad players.

 

I first wanted to follow that Feko10 fellow to see what he would be doing.

Then I am really surprised I did that well, my shots hit their target.

 

View PostPedro79, on 12 December 2017 - 11:00 AM, said:

I can not watch the replays right now since i am at work.

But i dont think that you must fight against kv4 and st-i. Just turn around and find another enemy u have the speed for it.

 

this is ruinberg...

 

View PostFlowtec_, on 12 December 2017 - 10:55 AM, said:

Boost your viewrange to max, run with food. I have nearly 500m view range, cutting enemy cammo pretty well. I play it agressively. Like the gun handling, you can snapshot alot. Tank is not even so slow and mantlet can bounce quite often. Use gun depression nad always look at the minimap. You need to know, what is going on. Then take key/advantageous positions and just farm the enemy :-) 

 

I drive my pilot with optics because of viewrange (and rammer and stab)

I cannot run it with food because that would ruin my credits result (I have no premium account).


 

Aikl #14 Posted 12 December 2017 - 11:05 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25141 battles
  • 4,026
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011

Play it more. A lot more. It'll take a good while to improve 1k battles @48%. Your last 155 battles in the Pilot (since the 30th of September) shows a winrate of 51%:

http://www.noobmeter...20171212_070226

 

Wanting to improve is good, anyway.



Mimos_A #15 Posted 12 December 2017 - 11:11 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 21337 battles
  • 1,766
  • [QSF-L] QSF-L
  • Member since:
    05-30-2015
Use your gunhandling to poke ridges and take snapshots, no point in sitting there with your turret out all the time, but you can pull off a lot of bounces if you just poke, shoot, pull back. I'll look at the replays in a bit when I get to my good computer.

HassenderZerhacker #16 Posted 12 December 2017 - 11:11 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 23545 battles
  • 1,958
  • [1DPG] 1DPG
  • Member since:
    09-09-2015

View PostAikl, on 12 December 2017 - 11:05 AM, said:

Play it more. A lot more. It'll take a good while to improve 1k battles @48%. Your last 155 battles in the Pilot (since the 30th of September) shows a winrate of 51%:

http://www.noobmeter...20171212_070226

 

Wanting to improve is good, anyway.

 

interesting, thanks.

I was under the impression that was losing a lot with it.

Although today I'm doing really well :-/

 

View PostMimos_A, on 12 December 2017 - 11:11 AM, said:

Use your gunhandling to poke ridges and take snapshots, no point in sitting there with your turret out all the time, but you can pull off a lot of bounces if you just poke, shoot, pull back. I'll look at the replays in a bit when I get to my good computer.

 

that's what I am trying to do already, but it doesn't work as often as I would like :-)
 

another replay: cliff

I get two very lucky shots on that FV and that T25 Pilot. you can literally see how the Pilot will suffer from bad RNG this game, my gun wasn't even aiming correctly, but the shell was magically guided to his cupola... how unfair.

 

anyway, got killed in the first minute.

obviously wrong tactics on my part.

 

where would you have gone in that situation?

http://wotreplays.eu..._pilot_number_1


 

MrEdweird #17 Posted 12 December 2017 - 11:31 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 18609 battles
  • 266
  • [CIRC2] CIRC2
  • Member since:
    08-19-2011
I play it as midrange support by using viewrange, gun handling and gun depression. It works for me. Don't expose yourself too much and don't take the tank too seriously. It's mostly about the gun and OK mobility.

HassenderZerhacker #18 Posted 12 December 2017 - 11:34 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 23545 battles
  • 1,958
  • [1DPG] 1DPG
  • Member since:
    09-09-2015

and finally me doing something something stupid on erlenberg:

http://wotreplays.eu..._pilot_number_1

 

yes I know, I should have camped like the others but I was bored.



Aikl #19 Posted 12 December 2017 - 11:44 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25141 battles
  • 4,026
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 12 December 2017 - 10:20 AM, said:

(...)

where would you have gone in that situation?

http://wotreplays.eu..._pilot_number_1

 

1-2-line is a good way to play that map in a fast bottom-tier (if you have support). North side of the donus is relatively safe and allows helping your team still. The enemy has a fair amount of fast tanks as well, though the Batchat is very unlikely to rush that position (he won't be loaded if he does), and the Lorraine is a decent threat to their fast tanks (though you should expect the Batchat to not pay attention to risk).

 

Problem is, you kind of commit to that position. Your TDs can't help you, and the only safe-ish spot is the south side of the donut if your team has map control. Already after a minute it's very evident that your team does not have, nor want, map control. Your options are limited at that point. I see two ways out: The F2 climb/bush - somewhat safe and allows you to spot the 1-2-line or dropping down into your base (and spot the north side for the TDs).

F2 is risky with no map control, but especially if you think your team will lose you can probably get a lot more done short-term there. As bottom-tier you can't really expect to influence the fight that much, and getting the most out of a loss is always a good idea.



HassenderZerhacker #20 Posted 12 December 2017 - 11:57 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 23545 battles
  • 1,958
  • [1DPG] 1DPG
  • Member since:
    09-09-2015

View PostAikl, on 12 December 2017 - 11:44 AM, said:

 

1-2-line is a good way to play that map in a fast bottom-tier (if you have support). North side of the donus is relatively safe and allows helping your team still. The enemy has a fair amount of fast tanks as well, though the Batchat is very unlikely to rush that position (he won't be loaded if he does), and the Lorraine is a decent threat to their fast tanks (though you should expect the Batchat to not pay attention to risk).

 

Problem is, you kind of commit to that position. Your TDs can't help you, and the only safe-ish spot is the south side of the donut if your team has map control. Already after a minute it's very evident that your team does not have, nor want, map control. Your options are limited at that point. I see two ways out: The F2 climb/bush - somewhat safe and allows you to spot the 1-2-line or dropping down into your base (and spot the north side for the TDs).

F2 is risky with no map control, but especially if you think your team will lose you can probably get a lot more done short-term there. As bottom-tier you can't really expect to influence the fight that much, and getting the most out of a loss is always a good idea.

 

the battle actually turned out as a win.

 

I thought the TDs would interdict 1-2, and when I saw that they didn't it was too late. I tried to make the escape to F2, but the enemy B-C was there already.

 

Is driving to F2 directly advisable ?






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users