Cooking off - Gingerbread tanks competition

competition gingerbread holiday tank competition

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

PointZero #1 Posted 12 December 2017 - 06:50 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 39858 battles

Cooking off (or thermally induced firing) is ammunition exploding prematurely due to heat in the surrounding environment. A fast cook-off is a cook-off caused by fire. A slow cook-off is caused by a sustained thermal event less intense than fire. A cooked-off round may cause a sympathetic detonation of adjacent rounds.

But that's not really holiday themed isn't it? Every year I'm blown away by those snow tanks the crazy Russians are doing around the holidays but then again we don't all have snow available. So I was thinking about hosting a gingerbread tank competition where people could try and replicate their favorite tank in edible form.

What?

• Recreate your favorite tank or any tank you like in gingerbread form. The edible tank has to be in 3D - form because flat things are boring but otherwise everything is up to your own creativity.
  • You are free to decorate your creation in any way you want, include surrounding scenery, you can even use candy as the road wheels & licorice as the tracks if you feel like it as long as the main part and body of the tank is homemade from gingerbread.
  • You can participate as a team, ask help from mom&dad, the missus or recruit your kids to do all the hard work but sadly the prize will go to only one account on the EU server.

When?

• The contest will be a month long and run from 15.12.2017 to 15.1.2018. Entries submitted after midnight 15.1.2018 won't qualify for the contest.
  • After all the entries have been submitted there will be a short judging period and the Winner will be announced on this topic.

How?

• To enter the competion you must first make your own glorious gingerbread tank.
  • Take a photo of your creation and submit it to this thread before the entries are closed.
  • Write your WoT EU server - username on a piece of paper and include it in the photo with your creation.

Why?

To me the holiday's have always been about doing fun seasonal stuff with my family, this year I decided to try and make something fun happen with this community.

• There will be one (1) lucky winner chosen by me. The winning account gets 1000 gold.
  • There will be an extra participation award of 1000 gold given by Secret_Santa who is free to pick his own favorite entry. (New players with under 5000 battles should also check his generous giveaway for a chance to win a 1000 gold by writing a letter to him)

gunslingerXXX #2 Posted 12 December 2017 - 08:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9283 battles
Nice and creative initiative :medal:

mynameispuffs #3 Posted 12 December 2017 - 08:32 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 23384 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

The one problem with this.. 

Is that I'm likely to eat all the gingerbread, before it has a chance to be used for construction... 

:popcorn:

Also tagged with competition, gingerbread, holiday, tank competition

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users