Jump to content


Shell prices.


  • Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Private_Pearts #1 Posted 12 December 2017 - 07:23 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 20582 battles
  • 432
  • [WOPR] WOPR
  • Member since:
    02-24-2015

It is difficult to make a profit in some tanks than it is with others and I was wondering how WG justify the 660cr for a standard 32 pounder shell with 255cr for a standard 90mm shell off a T26E5?

 

I thought it might be a premium tank thing so I checked the Primo Vic and it's standard shell price is also 3 times that of the T26E5 with comparable performance.

 

I don't agree that the 20 pounder gun is rubbish so don't bother arguing that it is. I it in the same class as the long 88 and the American 90mm guns with comparable performance but 660cr for a shell that does 230 damage compared to 250 damage from the 88mm L71 which cost just 252cr or 255cr for the same damage from an American 90mm gun.

 

What is WGs thinking behind this I wonder?

 



iztok #2 Posted 12 December 2017 - 07:35 PM

    Captain

  • Beta Tester
  • 35163 battles
  • 2,371
  • Member since:
    10-28-2010

> What is WGs thinking behind this I wonder?

WG stopped thinking about the game several years ago. Now they just think how to milk more money from playerbase. :(



Shadowiko #3 Posted 12 December 2017 - 07:39 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 19489 battles
  • 92
  • [TFUK] TFUK
  • Member since:
    06-21-2015
WOT is free to play game. WG needs some source of income to keep it free. Have you thought about it?

SirTogII #4 Posted 12 December 2017 - 07:42 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 46418 battles
  • 541
  • [REQT] REQT
  • Member since:
    11-27-2012

View PostShadowiko, on 12 December 2017 - 06:39 PM, said:

WOT is free to play game. WG needs some source of income to keep it free. Have you thought about it?

Erm, talk about missing the point, completely :-D



Private_Pearts #5 Posted 12 December 2017 - 07:50 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 20582 battles
  • 432
  • [WOPR] WOPR
  • Member since:
    02-24-2015

View PostShadowiko, on 12 December 2017 - 07:39 PM, said:

WOT is free to play game. WG needs some source of income to keep it free. Have you thought about it?

 

Well clearly I have thought about it. If you are right then why not make all of the shells in this class the higher price? Why some and not others? Surely they would get more income that way and people wouldn't ask awkward questions.

Derethim #6 Posted 12 December 2017 - 07:59 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 16434 battles
  • 1,717
  • Member since:
    04-03-2012

View PostSirTogII, on 12 December 2017 - 07:42 PM, said:

Erm, talk about missing the point, completely :-D

 

And a brain, they're a multi-milion(bilion?) company.

View PostPrivate_Pearts, on 12 December 2017 - 07:50 PM, said:

 

Well clearly I have thought about it. If you are right then why not make all of the shells in this class the higher price? Why some and not others? Surely they would get more income that way and people wouldn't ask awkward questions.

 

It's just lazily done. The job done on that is the equivalent of a barman not washing the pints.

Private_Pearts #7 Posted 12 December 2017 - 08:07 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 20582 battles
  • 432
  • [WOPR] WOPR
  • Member since:
    02-24-2015

Plowing on regardless.................

 

Anything with a 20 or 32 pounder gun is generally underplayed compared to the other examples and they are the ones with shell prices 3 times higher. Surely, to maximise your income you could either make them all the same price or switch the prices around so that the tanks that get played the most have the shells with the highest price.

 

 



FluffyRedFox #8 Posted 12 December 2017 - 10:12 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 21566 battles
  • 7,700
  • [LEWD] LEWD
  • Member since:
    12-05-2012
I doubt they'll ever fix the shell cost of the 20 pounder, its been like that for ages

Derethim #9 Posted 12 December 2017 - 10:15 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 16434 battles
  • 1,717
  • Member since:
    04-03-2012

View Postfishbob101, on 12 December 2017 - 10:12 PM, said:

I doubt they'll ever fix the shell cost of the 20 pounder, its been like that for ages

 

It would be NICE IF THEY DID THOUGH. JUST SAYING.

It's these tiny issues that bother me on this game, i'm fine with arty, but this is just lazy design. I hate that in games.



cragarion #10 Posted 12 December 2017 - 10:34 PM

    Captain

  • Beta Tester
  • 41791 battles
  • 2,164
  • Member since:
    07-10-2010

View PostPrivate_Pearts, on 12 December 2017 - 07:23 PM, said:

It is difficult to make a profit in some tanks than it is with others and I was wondering how WG justify the 660cr for a standard 32 pounder shell with 255cr for a standard 90mm shell off a T26E5?

 

I thought it might be a premium tank thing so I checked the Primo Vic and it's standard shell price is also 3 times that of the T26E5 with comparable performance.

 

I don't agree that the 20 pounder gun is rubbish so don't bother arguing that it is. I it in the same class as the long 88 and the American 90mm guns with comparable performance but 660cr for a shell that does 230 damage compared to 250 damage from the 88mm L71 which cost just 252cr or 255cr for the same damage from an American 90mm gun.

 

What is WGs thinking behind this I wonder?

 

 

Should have seen the ammo prices up to 7 years ago :( only way people could afford to play t8+ battles was to play t5 battles to farm credits

Verbal_kint_742 #11 Posted 12 December 2017 - 10:39 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 44193 battles
  • 149
  • Member since:
    11-17-2012

Biggest steal of WG on shell prices are arty shells. They nerf "damage per shell" to hell but they "forget" as usual to nerf shell prices.

 

Now Tier 10 artillery shots are doing <500 dmg on hit and they have the same price they had when you could almost a Maus.

 

What can i say except "Good Job!!"


Edited by Verbal_kint_742, 12 December 2017 - 10:40 PM.


RamRaid90 #12 Posted 12 December 2017 - 10:42 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 19702 battles
  • 5,886
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

Still some standard tanks remain with P2W ammo too.

 

Nobody notices these because they're unplayed tanks but if you look at the 105mm gun on the Tier VII french HT AMX m4 45 you get 167mm pen with AP and 300 avg damage....but if you load APCR you get 223pen with 330 avg damage...


Edited by RamRaid90, 12 December 2017 - 10:42 PM.


Search_Warrant #13 Posted 13 December 2017 - 02:57 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 25990 battles
  • 5,333
  • [LEWD] LEWD
  • Member since:
    02-08-2011
T92 gold shell, case closed. :trollface:

Strappster #14 Posted 13 December 2017 - 03:45 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 23609 battles
  • 8,785
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View PostPrivate_Pearts, on 12 December 2017 - 06:23 PM, said:

I don't agree that the 20 pounder gun is rubbish so don't bother arguing that it is. I it in the same class as the long 88 and the American 90mm guns with comparable performance but 660cr for a shell that does 230 damage compared to 250 damage from the 88mm L71 which cost just 252cr or 255cr for the same damage from an American 90mm gun.

 

Maybe it's something to do with penetration? The Cent. gets much better penetration than the 90mm and 100mm guns so possibly it's more likely to cause damage where the others might bounce and that's why the shells cost more ... :unsure:

 

Another wild theory I'm pulling out of thin air is that the German 88mm and US 90mm guns are available on tier 6 tanks so the lower cost might be in recognition of that; the Brits don't get the 20-pdr until tier 8.



captainpigg #15 Posted 13 December 2017 - 05:49 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 30359 battles
  • 762
  • [F-DIV] F-DIV
  • Member since:
    02-22-2014

View PostStrappster, on 13 December 2017 - 02:45 AM, said:

 

Maybe it's something to do with penetration? The Cent. gets much better penetration than the 90mm and 100mm guns so possibly it's more likely to cause damage where the others might bounce and that's why the shells cost more ... :unsure:

 

Another wild theory I'm pulling out of thin air is that the German 88mm and US 90mm guns are available on tier 6 tanks so the lower cost might be in recognition of that; the Brits don't get the 20-pdr until tier 8.

 

20-pdr on the At-7 tier 7, 32-pdr on CGC tier 6.

I agree it should be slightly more expensive than the 88mm and 90mm due to higher pen, but 3x the cost?

Especially bad on the At-15 which relies on ROF + DPM, you cry every time you have to shoot to get rid of destructible objects in the line of fire.



Strappster #16 Posted 13 December 2017 - 06:06 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 23609 battles
  • 8,785
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View Postcaptainpigg, on 13 December 2017 - 04:49 AM, said:

20-pdr on the At-7 tier 7, 32-pdr on CGC tier 6.

 

Last time I checked, TDs and tanks don't use the same guns. You can unlock a gun on the heavy line to use on a medium but TDs have their own special versions.

 

No, I don't know why either so it's probably because balance.™



MrEdweird #17 Posted 13 December 2017 - 06:35 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 18679 battles
  • 266
  • [CIRC2] CIRC2
  • Member since:
    08-19-2011

View PostStrappster, on 13 December 2017 - 05:06 AM, said:

 

Last time I checked, TDs and tanks don't use the same guns. You can unlock a gun on the heavy line to use on a medium but TDs have their own special versions.

 

No, I don't know why either so it's probably because balance.™

 

Think it's because they want there to not be too much parallel research. Things like engines and radios tend to be universal but considering how important guns are to TDs, it probably makes sense that the guns are only transferable between mediums and heavies usually.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users